Fone Hub Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Fone Hub

How would you rate Fone Hub?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Six weeks now and still no payment even though they have my phone. Excuse after excuse! and its really hard to contact them by phone.They do not reply to emails Don't be fooled by the price they first offer you as you will then be told when they receive it that there is something wrong and they then offer you a really stupid price. Avoid at all cost!!!!"
"I only wish i had read all the other reviews, This is a misleading company who's only goal is to get your device and offer you a really poor price, £190 i was quoted, the device was immaculate and never used, then sent me a revised quote for £95, i complained and was told £120 max, i told them to return it to me, Worst company every to deal with too, took a full week after they received it to assess it and never available by phone,"
"Avoid this company at all costs! I did read some reviews before I posted my samsung galaxy s6, but the ones I read were ok. BIG mistake, should have looked into them more thoroughly. I was offered £152 for my phone which was in pristeen condition having always had screen protection and case, I always look after my phones so I know it was in perfect condition. However, after 7 emails I sent which were ignored, and several unanswered phone calls I managed to speak to someone, who I must say wasn't as courteous as I would have expected..... I was told they would offer me £120 for it as it had a dent in the top. I know there was not a dent when it left me! I told her that and she said "it must have happened in transit"!! To which I replied" it can't have as it was wrapped in loads of kitchen roll AND in a bubble wrap package. She spoke to the "manager" and came back with £135.....I reluctantly accepted as I can't be doing with the hassle. Lesson learned, look into things more thoroughly next time. On looking at other reviews on this company many many more people have had the same experience..... So just BEWARE OF THIS SO CALLED COMPANY."
"COMPLETE SCAMMERS !!! AVOID AT ALL COST DONT BE FOOLED BY HIGHER PRICES IF I COULD HAVE THE OPTION OF GIVING NO STARS I WOULD... ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS COMPLETE SCAMMERS !!!! first of all I sent my phone to phonehub via a tracking courier luckily I did because these scum tried to say they had not received my phone (I HAD PROOF THIS PHONE HAD BEEN SIGNED FOR) so I rang them up saying there website still says you have not received my phone ?? The man on the phone then assured me there had 100% been no deliverys that day and am I sure I sent it to the correct address. I started to get worried as this was a very high value phone brand new and asked the man should I contact the police his reply was give me 10minutes I will see if I can sort this for you! Magically within 3 minutes they had found my phone (even though he said they had not had any deliverys 🤔) I then receive a email 4 days later with a price for my phone that was a lot less than what I was quoted 😡 They tried to give me all different types of excuses why the price had gone down bareing in mind this was brand new never even been used... in the end the excuse was because the market had gone down since my quote after many arguments explaining if I get quoted something that price can not change unless something is wrong with the phone he then replied I can charge what I want 😡 The man was also very rude on the phone very unprofessional very disappointed PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE COMPLETE SCAMMERS THAT PRAY ON US GENUINE PEOPLE !! DONT FALL IN THERE TRAP"
"AVOID FONEHUB Waited months from when they received my phone, to finally getting a revised offer (considerably lower than what they originally said) and I am still waiting for my payment. It is a joke how long you have to wait with this company, I have been on to them multiple times and each time a different excuse. Don't waste your time with them..."
"I was offered £210 for my iPhone 6 by Phone Hub. The phone was in perfect condition and didn't have a single scratch anywhere on it. I sent the phone to Phone Hub in its original box with the charger, instructions and unused headphones. The phone was valued at £180 after being tested by Phone Hub. They have not given me a reason as the why the valuation was £30 lower than the original valuation, despite asking on 5 separate occasions. My question is being ignored because there isn't a reason as to why the valuation has decreased, because the phone was in perfect condition. If they have decreased the valuation of my phone they will decrease the valuation of any / every phone because there was absolutely no reason  to decrease the valuation of mine. I accepted the offer because by the time postage is paid (from Phonehub, to new phone recycler) there is little value in going elsewhere. However, if I was offered £180 at the beginning I would have not have used Phonehub. The reviews of this company are horrific and I can see why. Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews until I ran into problems. Don't be sucked in by high valuations. Accept a slightly lower valuation from a reputable company because Phonehub will not pay you what they quote. Avoid"
"It was the usual trick as others have said, the price seemed good they get the phone then try to knock you down on price they claimed my passport had scuff marks on the case which was impossible as it had been kept in a plastic case from day one I am lucKy I managed to get the phone back"
"This company took my phone and then reduced the cost. The phone and box came back damaged. I would NEVER trust this company or use them. STEER CLEAR! They get you to send your phone with fake prices then offer considerably less and if you disagree with have to pay high postage for it to be returned. Then is badly posted so the box was damaged and I had a chip on my phone case that was not there when I sent it to them. Take a picture of your phone at all angles BEFORE you send it. Better still - sell privately and earn a real value!"
"Offered £90 for my phone. It was in perfect condition. They reduced offer to £55 without explaining why and refuse to. So £7 to send to them and then £5 to get the phone back. They have you over a barrel, accept the reduced offer or pay £5 to get the phone back, The phone they obtained by deception. A nice little scam. Can't be legal and certainly not ethical, but of course they hide behind the small print."
"Horrible company who never pays the price they say originally... do not use this company ever....."
"Lousy experience. £95 offered. Long delay when phone sent. Then an actual offer reduced to £60 claiming excessive scratches on a phone that had never left is car. Requests to provide photographs of alleged damage are ignored. Emails are returned as undeliverable and phone number goes to a message saying you cannot leave a message . Eventually got through using contact form on website. Offer raised to £70. Will not use again."
"Fonehub Ltd advertises higher prices just to get your business and then makes up random defects so that they won't pay the agreed amount. From my own personal experience I would not recommend them. However, if you do decide to use them, make sure that you take plenty of evidence before sending (i.e. photo, video, etc). Thankfully I did do this and even when I submitted evidence they came up with another excuse. In the end I had to resort to threatening legal action and only then did they pay up. I can recommend the advise by Which? if you have a similar experience. It's about time that these dishonest companies were legislated properly."
"Pays good price. But took 3 weeks and repeated efforts to get the money...the hassle is not worth the extra few quid."
Amanda Montague
Verified Reviewer
"You send phone and they do not send money. They are running a scam"
"They've had my phone over a week, I rang and was told full amount was being transferred by bacs that day. There has been no payment, no reply to emails and their phone goes unanswered."
"I sent two phones to Fonehub and received an email notification from them that the iPhone 6 Plus I sent them was locked to the EE network when it was an unlocked phone and also the phone was damaged - they offered a new valuation to which I responded advising this was false and that I would be placing a stop on the IMEI until it was returned to me. I then three days later receive an email advising they couldn't return it to me as it was blocked! Shambles!!!!! In respect of the other phone which was a iPhone 5s they advised it would not accept any SIM cards as the new value was £0. Again utter rubbish as the phone has been in use the previous day and worked perfectly well. I have been trying to call the telephone line on their website since Friday - it was answered once and they hung up immediately! Do not use them is my tip!!!! This is still not resolved with them as they never answer the phone and slow to respond to emails - fantastic way to lose your phones!!!!"
"Do not use this company. I have had to complain to the local Trading Standards office as they have ignored all my emails requesting they send my phone back. They reduced the price of the phone by saying the screen was cracked which it wasn't. I sent them a photo of the phone I took prior to it being sent showing it in perfect order and they have ignored me ever since and still have my phone. CANNOT BE TRUSTED - CON MEN"
"These people are fake and it is high time they get reported which I am definitely going to do. Sent them 2 phones worth £515 dtill noy got payment and they do not reply to emails nor answer phone calls"
"PLEASE Do not use!!!!!!! Offered my £65 for my mobile, phone was in immaculate condition and was packed fantastic!!!! I madesure it was insured which cost me £9 then once fonehub received my fone they then offered me a revise offer of £50 for my fone and them saying my fone had a crack on it! I had to acept the offer as needed the money (bank transer) 7 days later and im still awaiting my money, ive sent loads of email to which no one has reped and phoned the company to which no one has answered at all!!! Discussing service!!!!"
"After reading various reviews I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt as the price they offered was slightly higher than competitors. Big mistake. The price they quoted me was £210. Now, every second hand phone is likely to have minor marks on it and mine was no exception but they were hardly noticeable. The screen was perfect having benefited from a tempered glass screen protector since the day it arrived. Its interesting to note that for some reason, between me placing my order with them and me posting the device to them, they dropped thir quoted price down from £210 to £5. Fone hub decided the condition of the device was not acceptable and that the 'sensor' was broken so made me a revised offer of £40!! Big difference in price so I politely refused and asked them to send the device back to me immediately - this was 930am on a Monday. Tuesday PM I received another email from them, further explaining that the 'sensor' was broken and cosmetically they weren't happy with it but decided to make me a second revised offer of £40. I politely informed them that that isn't a revised offer and told them that I asked them more than 24 hours ago to send it back to me. In addition, I asked them, given that they more or less demand you pay for recorded delivery when sending to them, to return it recorded delivery back - I.e. in the same condition they received it in. 24 hours later they replied and said they're happy to do that providing I pay £5 for the postage. I refused so they just sent it normal delivery eventually on the following Friday, so it wasn't until more than a week later since I asked them to return it when I received it back. It turned out the 'sensor' they were referring to was the proximity sensor, which detects whether the screen should be on or off when making a call. Having googled the issue its a common problem on Samsung devices as its badly designed and gets dust over it. So I opened up the phone and cleaned it out and hey presto, its working fine now - 5 minute job. Something I'm convinced they already know about and were trying to pull a fast one. I've now gone to a competitor and got £185 - which would have been £195 of FoneHub would have sent me my phone back sooner. These guys are rip off merchants, using a combination of delay tactics, bad business practice and using customers lack of technical knowledge to make a profitable business. Don't be fooled by their higher prices as it will cost you later. I suspect most of the positive reviews are employees of the company."
Fone Hub is rated 1.04 based on 24 reviews