Floral and Hardy Reviews

Read Floral and Hardy Reviews

paul@floralandhardy.co.uk

The Design Loft, 8 Hayes Wood Avenue, Hayes Village, Kent

Tell us how Floral and Hardy made you happy
The left side of our garden used to be dominated by a large ditch which often became waterlogged. Helen designed a lovely border shape running the full length (~75m) of the garden and Paul discussed a large hard landscaping project to sort our drainage problem, irrigate the new borders and light the whole area.

The main hard landscaping took around 12 weeks to complete: A ~70m long retaining wall was built around the left side of the garden to level the edge of the border. Then Paul’s team laid drainage along the whole length of the garden with a sump and pump half way to bring the water from our drainpipes to a stream at the end of the garden.
Then the area was backfilled with around 160 tonnes of soil and the shape of Helen’s border design was laid out including some concrete bases for paths, benches and the water tank.

A large 30,000L water tank was installed with pump, connected to our mains water and irrigation laid along all the borders. Electrics were taken from our main board and LED lighting laid along all the borders with remote controls.

Once all was complete the borders were planted with an array of different hedging, trees and plants.

The result is stunning and we can’t wait to see it all grow up over the coming years.

Paul’s team were always courteous and did not try to cut any corners.

Overall a very good experience and very likely to use Floral and Hardy again for the other side of the garden in a few years time.
Beginning on 20 April and during several subsequent weeks of 'lockdown' I had a wonderful experience watching the Floral and Hardy team gradually transform my mature and wildlife-friendly garden into a haven for people too.

There was an enormous amount of work to do - the tough, dirty jobs of digging out tree stumps from heavy clay soil; the delicate operation of removing and replacing a collapsing trellis without damaging the mature honeysuckle and clematis entwined around it; wrestling to remove much (but at my request not all) of - the overgrown and rampant ivy.

Followed by the delight of Helen's imaginative and wildlife-sensitive planting design taking shape. This incorporated the use of many materials already in the garden - such as numerous rotting logs, pebbles and boulders, obelisks, and quite a few perennials, trees and shrubs - but in the most inventive and visually stunning way, and all entirely friendly to birds and other wildlife as well as looking fabulous.

A great deal of new planting has also enhanced the garden, and the area around my pond - which before was dominated by ivy and Angelica - is now truly beautiful with its imaginative mix of vertical logs, ferns, wildflower turf, flowering perennials, and shrubs. The vibrant yet sympathetic planting is an absolute pleasure, yet the peaceful, natural feel of this part of the garden has also been maintained.

To sum up, the garden now has beautiful structure, colour, and design that were missing before. It entices the eye and is full of interest. A wonderful outdoor space for me and my visitors to explore, enjoy, and share with wildlife.

I cannot recommend Floral and Hardy too highly - they have exceeded all my hopes and expectations, adapted to my own ideas, and stayed on budget. THANK YOU.
We asked floral and hardy to come and scope out the transformation of our overgrown and unwieldy garden.

Our goal was to have a garden perfect for entertaining, that was low maintenance and also included a garden cabin as an office space & extra entertainment room during summer months.

Helen's hand-drawn design really got us excited about what was to come and the finished product did not disappoint!

We now have a pretty tropical garden that adds colour all year round as well as a lovely cabin that we have already made excellent use of.

The lighting has added an extra dimension for evenings. We love the water feature too, the sound really is lovely background noise and so glad we decided to go for it.

We would happily recommend Paul & Helen to anyone looking for a professional approach to garden design. If we ever move we will be sure to give them a call again :D
Can't recommend Floral & Hardy highly enough. To say my garden was a mess is an understatement, but from the start nothing phased Paul and the team. Sam, the designer, has amazing vision and understood exactly what we were looking for, then built on it with ideas we hadn't even considered. The team of builders who carried out the work were hard working and always left the site tidy when they left. Can't wait to get out there and enjoy my new garden...just as soon as it stops chucking it down...
At short notice Floral and Hardy put together a garden design for my elderly aunt who was suffering with dementia. The process of preparing the garden under her watchful eye, gave her immense pleasure, and she was really pleased with the end result. The garden had been planned for easy wheelchair access too and it was great that she could get out to enjoy it again. Paul and his team worked hard to get the project finished as quickly as possible due to my aunts deteriorating health, whilst battling the English weather! Thank you for a job well done, and for giving her the garden back.
We have recently had our garden completely made over and thanks to Paul and Helen, we are very pleased with the results. The garden previously was not at all interesting and so the brief was to change all that and make it a space for us and our 2 girls a place that we would want to spend time in. I can say that we now have just that, and enjoying anytime we can to be in the garden. The service provided by Paul and Helen was excellent. from the initial meeting, design brief and putting that into practice. The team worked through some really bad weather and as a result finished the work on time and to budget. We also found both Paul and Helen willing to make some adjustments as we went along and whilst were very professional, were also friendly and helpful at all times. As a result we would recommend them highly and very pleased with the work they did for us.
Eighteen months ago our garden was in need of a complete make-over.
Having erected walls on two sides we engaged Floral-and-Hardy to design and construct the new garden.

The design was excellent, everything we had hoped for, with extended patio, pergola leading to a seating area, water feature and an excellent selection of flowering trees, shrubs and other plants. The raised flower beds added an extra dimension to the garden.

The construction work included a considerable amount of paving, brick walls for the raised beds and the laying of a new lawn, all of which was done to a very high standard. The sprinkler system is effective in spells of very dry weather Helen, Paul and workers on the site were always courteous, and the site was tidied nightly as the work progressed.

A year later we have a colourful garden, enhanced in the evenings by a lighting system, and which attracts many varieties of birds and bees.

We are pleased to recommend Floral-and -Hardy for both design and construction of a new garden.

Margaret and Allan
Very pleased! we had a garden design done earlier this year. We met Paul who was very comprehensive. We've decided to go ahead and have our garden re-done by Floral and Hardy. The work to date has been of high standard and I can't fault the team, they've let us know everything being done.
Thanks to Paul and Helen for a lovely experience! Our garden is now the perfect place for us to relax and for the kids to play. Their team were great working late to get areas finished in time for a party we were having. Happily recommend to anyone!
We used Floral and hardy to redo our garden and they were fantastic. We wanted to make the most of our narrow long garden. We have had a garden office built which looks amazing, garden lighting and a water feature added in. The plants look great especially when lit up. Overall a very smooth experience and friendly builders too.
We are thrilled with our garden transformation which was completed just before summer this year. The garden just seemed to get better as new plants bloomed throughout the summer. Everything from the hard landscaping to planting was was better than we imagined. Thank you for our wonderful garden!
Thanks to Floral and Hardy we have a unique garden. It's suits us perfectly with all the features we really wanted. Lawn, flower beds , fruit ,veg areas , patio and lighting etc.
We had the Floral and Hardy team in to give our garden a much needed makeover. The planning and consultation was great, the hand drawn designs were a nice touch to the project. Once we signed off on the design and garden layout the team set to work removing all of the old lawn, old plants and broken garden ornaments. It took a few weeks but by the end the garden was beautiful. It's a pleasure to sit outside and take in the new garden, our patio looks much better now also! Would highly recommend Paul and the team.
I asked Floral and Hardy to help me design my garden after buying a property that had a massively overgrown outdoor space. They gave me some fantastic ideas and their teams worked quickly to transform my garden. Paul was available even out of normal hours to answer questions and their builders were friendly whilst at my house. I would definitely recommend these guys.
I had my sad and neglected balcony completely redesigned by Floral & Hardy 2 years ago. Sam did a wonderful design, exactly what I wanted. I now have 2 very lush living walls which I love and most of the planters are thriving. A couple of the planters, however, had been overwatered and the plants were rotting so Paul and Sam came back last week and dug up and fed the soil and put new plants in so it all looks totally lush again! Paul and Sam are both very professional and helpful.I would thoroughly recommend them.
Everything was perfect
Really happy with the service we have received from floral & hardy . They completed a lovely garden for us over a year ago & a few settlement cracks appeared on the walls . As promised, they return to Fix these ! It's perfect now.. thank you paul & helen.
Paul, Daisy - please respond to the phone calls, emails, twitter messages to organise the follow up (Patio clean & decking refurb) as per our agreement in September "once we are in receipt title to all goods supplied pass to you and our guarantee comes into effect".

Cheers
Paul
Floral and Hardy gave our small London garden a complete makeover four years ago. They talked to us about our likes and dislikes and how we wished to use the garden and then came up with a stunning design. Our garden was transformed from a dull, paved urban area on three levels to a beautiful, relaxing two level oasis - the lower level with a gorgeous circular paved area with built in seating and raised flower beds and then beautiful wide stone steps to an upper level with a circular lawn and lovely curved bedding areas on either side with a range of flowering shrubs, climbers and fruit trees. Four years on and the garden just keeps on getting lovelier and lovelier!
My back garden was the typical postage stamp that always looked sad and scruffy. Attempts were made at a rock garden (which ended up looking like a heap of rubble in the corner) and a pond in which nothing grew and even the cats wouldn't drink out of. You get the picture? Enter Floral and Hardy and within two weeks it was transformed into an elegant and spacious 'outside room'. I came upon them via an article in Homes and Gardens that was on the internet and my dream garden was very quickly realised when I was visited by Paul and Helen. She does all the flowers and designing and he organises the builders and logistics. They are a dream team. They sat with me as they went over the design I wanted, incorporating my wishes as well as their own great suggestions. Helen drew up a plan and even produced a beautiful coloured sketch of the garden (which they gave to me framed!). I was also offered a DVD of the progress of the work but didn't want this as to be honest, my garden was so sad looking I didn't want to see it! I wished I had taken them up on it now though! Soon the balding patch of lawn was gone and a team of gardeners/builders descended (complete with builders cracks!), they stripped every thing back (but cleverly managed to keep one or two beloved rose bushes and syringia that were well-loved and well- established). Then the dream garden began to take shape. Every evening I would come in from work and rush to the window to see what the 'fairies' had done that day. Beautiful York paving was laid at an angle to give the maximum feeling of space, seating and raised flower beds with integral lighting sprang up, then last of all and most magical, the planting took place, passion flowers and clematis took the place of the weeds, a 'proper' pond with overhanging shrubs replaced my feeble home made effort and elegant willow screening hid the boring fencing around the perimeter. I set it all off with a little table and chairs and also a garden swing with canopy and voila! The garden is now somewhere I want to be in every day of the year, not just summer. Incredibly there is seating for about 15 people and it is a real treat either to entertain friends or just take a cup of coffee and toast out there for breakfast, or an evening glass of wine after a hard day at work. I did however notice a little cracking around the lights where the cement had come loose but this was after about 4 years! When I told Paul he came to see and made the repairs. They also revisited after 1 year to see how it looked after all the plants were established and I had made my personal mark on it. Everyone who visits loves it - it has a real feeling of luxury and I love showing it off. I would thoroughly recommend Floral and Hardy (Floral being Helen who is a whizz at horticulture and, Hardy being Paul - and yes he is a big chap) so the names fit! I would say go for it - it was worth every penny!
Floral and Hardy is rated 4.88 based on 24 reviews