Floral and Hardy Reviews

72% of reviewers recommend Floral and Hardy

paul@floralandhardy.co.uk

The Design Loft, 8 Hayes Wood Avenue, Hayes Village, Kent

How would you rate Floral and Hardy ?

"We are thrilled with our garden transformation which was completed just before summer this year. The garden just seemed to get better as new plants bloomed throughout the summer. Everything from the hard landscaping to planting was was better than we imagined. Thank you for our wonderful garden!"
"Thanks to Floral and Hardy we have a unique garden. It's suits us perfectly with all the features we really wanted. Lawn, flower beds , fruit ,veg areas , patio and lighting etc."
"We had the Floral and Hardy team in to give our garden a much needed makeover. The planning and consultation was great, the hand drawn designs were a nice touch to the project. Once we signed off on the design and garden layout the team set to work removing all of the old lawn, old plants and broken garden ornaments. It took a few weeks but by the end the garden was beautiful. It's a pleasure to sit outside and take in the new garden, our patio looks much better now also! Would highly recommend Paul and the team."
"I asked Floral and Hardy to help me design my garden after buying a property that had a massively overgrown outdoor space. They gave me some fantastic ideas and their teams worked quickly to transform my garden. Paul was available even out of normal hours to answer questions and their builders were friendly whilst at my house. I would definitely recommend these guys."
"I had my sad and neglected balcony completely redesigned by Floral & Hardy 2 years ago. Sam did a wonderful design, exactly what I wanted. I now have 2 very lush living walls which I love and most of the planters are thriving. A couple of the planters, however, had been overwatered and the plants were rotting so Paul and Sam came back last week and dug up and fed the soil and put new plants in so it all looks totally lush again! Paul and Sam are both very professional and helpful.I would thoroughly recommend them."
"Everything was perfect"
"Really happy with the service we have received from floral & hardy . They completed a lovely garden for us over a year ago & a few settlement cracks appeared on the walls . As promised, they return to Fix these ! It's perfect now.. thank you paul & helen."
"The standard of workmanship was appalling. I found the project manager to be unavailable, rude, patronising and sarcastic. She told me I should expect mistakes to happen. She did not reply to any e mails. The first guy was sacked after many complaints from me. I was told he had been on a private job and the project manager asked me not to tell Paul. They then had to redo my AstroTurf seating and many other areas. When they said it was finished there were at least 20 more mistakes and I was told it was my fault for not being there on the last day to point out what I wasn't happy with. There were bags of rubble left behind. X marks on the walls and fence where lights had been going. Chunks of pointing missing. Turf not level. I could write a book on all the excuses i heard for people not being on site. The 5-6 week project lasted 11 weeks due to poor ordering and no one on site. There is not enough space in this review to document properly how awful the experience was. I was spoken to like dirt when I complained about things. I found Paul to be really unpleasant to me and I had to point out more than once that it was not my fault all these mistakes were being made. I spoke to him 3 times after the first guy sacked. No apology which I complained about so I received a carefully worded text where it was clear accepting liability was being avoided. Do not be fooled by how lovely everyone is when they are selling the project. I am still waiting for confirmation of guarantees despite repeated e mails. I asked for confirmation that specific pet durable AstroTurf had been fitted because one of the guys said they fit my turf in most gardens. I have not received confirmation of this. Even when planting the flowers they couldn't even be bothered to sink the roots below the soil. There was no attention to detail in this protect and nobody seemed to mind that. This garden was paid for with an inheritance from my mother and I fear it was not money well spent. Stay well away"
"They didnt"
"Paul, Daisy - please respond to the phone calls, emails, twitter messages to organise the follow up (Patio clean & decking refurb) as per our agreement in September "once we are in receipt title to all goods supplied pass to you and our guarantee comes into effect". Cheers Paul"
"I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole if I were you."
"terrible firm, terrible workmanship, claimed to go bust so could not return to repair their many mistakes. Examples taking measurements wrong twice, fitting railings that had been treated with interior varnish (so peeled within two weeks) decking laid poorly, metal framework showing at one end and not the other... this was because our house was not straight... project manager who was so incompetent it beggared belief. digging out a section then laying paving over the top without compacting, so the paving sand inches within weeks. Bet you don't see this on their website"
"Floral and Hardy gave our small London garden a complete makeover four years ago. They talked to us about our likes and dislikes and how we wished to use the garden and then came up with a stunning design. Our garden was transformed from a dull, paved urban area on three levels to a beautiful, relaxing two level oasis - the lower level with a gorgeous circular paved area with built in seating and raised flower beds and then beautiful wide stone steps to an upper level with a circular lawn and lovely curved bedding areas on either side with a range of flowering shrubs, climbers and fruit trees. Four years on and the garden just keeps on getting lovelier and lovelier!"
"My back garden was the typical postage stamp that always looked sad and scruffy. Attempts were made at a rock garden (which ended up looking like a heap of rubble in the corner) and a pond in which nothing grew and even the cats wouldn't drink out of. You get the picture? Enter Floral and Hardy and within two weeks it was transformed into an elegant and spacious 'outside room'. I came upon them via an article in Homes and Gardens that was on the internet and my dream garden was very quickly realised when I was visited by Paul and Helen. She does all the flowers and designing and he organises the builders and logistics. They are a dream team. They sat with me as they went over the design I wanted, incorporating my wishes as well as their own great suggestions. Helen drew up a plan and even produced a beautiful coloured sketch of the garden (which they gave to me framed!). I was also offered a DVD of the progress of the work but didn't want this as to be honest, my garden was so sad looking I didn't want to see it! I wished I had taken them up on it now though! Soon the balding patch of lawn was gone and a team of gardeners/builders descended (complete with builders cracks!), they stripped every thing back (but cleverly managed to keep one or two beloved rose bushes and syringia that were well-loved and well- established). Then the dream garden began to take shape. Every evening I would come in from work and rush to the window to see what the 'fairies' had done that day. Beautiful York paving was laid at an angle to give the maximum feeling of space, seating and raised flower beds with integral lighting sprang up, then last of all and most magical, the planting took place, passion flowers and clematis took the place of the weeds, a 'proper' pond with overhanging shrubs replaced my feeble home made effort and elegant willow screening hid the boring fencing around the perimeter. I set it all off with a little table and chairs and also a garden swing with canopy and voila! The garden is now somewhere I want to be in every day of the year, not just summer. Incredibly there is seating for about 15 people and it is a real treat either to entertain friends or just take a cup of coffee and toast out there for breakfast, or an evening glass of wine after a hard day at work. I did however notice a little cracking around the lights where the cement had come loose but this was after about 4 years! When I told Paul he came to see and made the repairs. They also revisited after 1 year to see how it looked after all the plants were established and I had made my personal mark on it. Everyone who visits loves it - it has a real feeling of luxury and I love showing it off. I would thoroughly recommend Floral and Hardy (Floral being Helen who is a whizz at horticulture and, Hardy being Paul - and yes he is a big chap) so the names fit! I would say go for it - it was worth every penny!"
"I had a very tired and neglected balcony in central London which Sam and his diligent team transformed into an oasis of beauty and calm. Sam really listened to what I wanted - I had always dreamed of having a living wall and I now have two! The decking they laid has made the whole space look bigger and modern. I do not have green fingers so the team made sure the plants were easy to maintain and the balcony looks beautiful all year round. It really has the wow factor and all my family and friends love spending time out there. Paul managed the whole process very well and I couldn't recommend Floral & Hardy more."
"I am very pleased with my new garden and I have received many pleasing comments about it from friends and neighbours. The garden immediately looked very mature although it had only just been planted. It is successfully fulfilling the brief I gave to Helen which was to provide all year around colour; as soon as one plant finishes flowering another one bursts into bloom. I am grateful to Paul and Helen for all their suggestions for the planting, lighting, the water feature and unobtrusive storage which have all combined to ensure that all of the garden is used (formerly a large shed cut off the back of the garden) and that garden looks great in the evening. I am no longer ashamed of my garden and now enjoy showing it off."
"Floral and Hardy helped us out of our state of inertia over the garden, in a residential area - semi-detached they transformed 100 foot of confusion into 100 foot of harmony! It wasn't exactly a 'mess' but it was a little tired and in need of lots of renovation and we didn't know what to do first. Paul and Helen opened our eyes to what could be achieved and worked with us to generate a plan which suited our needs. The chaps who come to do the work are all hard workers and responsive to the clients needs and very happy to help in many ways. The garden is now splendid and is like being on holiday , the design is interesting and a joy to explore and walk around. Many thanks!"
"Floral & Hardy completely transformed my garden and have created an oasis of beauty & calm for myself and nature. The team where a pleasure to have on site and worked towards the beautiful design created by Helen who is an expert in her field. Paul and Helen are a great team and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering changing their present garden into something truly amazing. Stoneleigh Surrey M. Sheahan"
Floral and Hardy is rated 4.28 based on 18 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!