Floral and Hardy Reviews

Read Floral and Hardy Reviews

query@floralandhardy.co.uk

The Design Loft, 8 Hayes Wood Avenue, Hayes Village

Tell us how Floral and Hardy made you happy
We asked Paul and Helen to help us with our over grown/messy garden. We were looking for a space that we could enjoy with our daughter and entertain friends. Their design really blew us away, we now have a lovely tropical feel to our garden complete with lighting for evenings, a fantastic garden office (which has been a god send for lockdown), a lovely water feature and beautiful lawn area for our daughter to play. Their team were excellent throughout, always left the space clean and clear. Helen suggested some fantastic planting ideas that have added colour and privacy in all the right areas. We would happily recommend them to friends and family and will be using them in the future when our next move comes up!
terrible company, built a retaining wall NOT to the spec that their own engineer designed. 10 years later wall and steps collapsing. cost of repair close to 100k. when we refused payemnt because we were concered about the quality of work we were threatened. we made payment and the company when into liquidation the next day. only to pop up under slightly different name, they appear to have done this over 8 times. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM
After 10 years living in our London home we decided it was time to rip out our garden and start over. We weren't using the space efficiently and the deck we installed when we moved in was falling apart. We collaborated with Helen and Paul on a garden design that would modernize the space, provide more room for entertaining and become an attractive feature of the house and relatively light maintenance. After a brief discussion we arrived at a fee for the job that was within our budget. Our roughly 4-month build was during covid restrictions, working from home and the arrival of our new puppy! We had a few bumpy moments given the circumstances but any differences were settled promptly and amicably with Paul, Helen and her team. The end result is a fabulous garden that we'll enjoy with friends and family for years to come. Thanks Helen and Paul for your hard work and expertise.
The left side of our garden used to be dominated by a large ditch which often became waterlogged. Helen designed a lovely border shape running the full length (~75m) of the garden and Paul discussed a large hard landscaping project to sort our drainage problem, irrigate the new borders and light the whole area. The main hard landscaping took around 12 weeks to complete: A ~70m long retaining wall was built around the left side of the garden to level the edge of the border. Then Paul’s team laid drainage along the whole length of the garden with a sump and pump half way to bring the water from our drainpipes to a stream at the end of the garden. Then the area was backfilled with around 160 tonnes of soil and the shape of Helen’s border design was laid out including some concrete bases for paths, benches and the water tank. A large 30,000L water tank was installed with pump, connected to our mains water and irrigation laid along all the borders. Electrics were taken from our main board and LED lighting laid along all the borders with remote controls. Once all was complete the borders were planted with an array of different hedging, trees and plants. The result is stunning and we can’t wait to see it all grow up over the coming years. Paul’s team were always courteous and did not try to cut any corners. Overall a very good experience and very likely to use Floral and Hardy again for the other side of the garden in a few years time.
Beginning on 20 April and during several subsequent weeks of 'lockdown' I had a wonderful experience watching the Floral and Hardy team gradually transform my mature and wildlife-friendly garden into a haven for people too. There was an enormous amount of work to do - the tough, dirty jobs of digging out tree stumps from heavy clay soil; the delicate operation of removing and replacing a collapsing trellis without damaging the mature honeysuckle and clematis entwined around it; wrestling to remove much (but at my request not all) of - the overgrown and rampant ivy. Followed by the delight of Helen's imaginative and wildlife-sensitive planting design taking shape. This incorporated the use of many materials already in the garden - such as numerous rotting logs, pebbles and boulders, obelisks, and quite a few perennials, trees and shrubs - but in the most inventive and visually stunning way, and all entirely friendly to birds and other wildlife as well as looking fabulous. A great deal of new planting has also enhanced the garden, and the area around my pond - which before was dominated by ivy and Angelica - is now truly beautiful with its imaginative mix of vertical logs, ferns, wildflower turf, flowering perennials, and shrubs. The vibrant yet sympathetic planting is an absolute pleasure, yet the peaceful, natural feel of this part of the garden has also been maintained. To sum up, the garden now has beautiful structure, colour, and design that were missing before. It entices the eye and is full of interest. A wonderful outdoor space for me and my visitors to explore, enjoy, and share with wildlife. I cannot recommend Floral and Hardy too highly - they have exceeded all my hopes and expectations, adapted to my own ideas, and stayed on budget. THANK YOU.
We asked floral and hardy to come and scope out the transformation of our overgrown and unwieldy garden. Our goal was to have a garden perfect for entertaining, that was low maintenance and also included a garden cabin as an office space & extra entertainment room during summer months. Helen's hand-drawn design really got us excited about what was to come and the finished product did not disappoint! We now have a pretty tropical garden that adds colour all year round as well as a lovely cabin that we have already made excellent use of. The lighting has added an extra dimension for evenings. We love the water feature too, the sound really is lovely background noise and so glad we decided to go for it. We would happily recommend Paul & Helen to anyone looking for a professional approach to garden design. If we ever move we will be sure to give them a call again :D
Can't recommend Floral & Hardy highly enough. To say my garden was a mess is an understatement, but from the start nothing phased Paul and the team. Sam, the designer, has amazing vision and understood exactly what we were looking for, then built on it with ideas we hadn't even considered. The team of builders who carried out the work were hard working and always left the site tidy when they left. Can't wait to get out there and enjoy my new garden...just as soon as it stops chucking it down...
At short notice Floral and Hardy put together a garden design for my elderly aunt who was suffering with dementia. The process of preparing the garden under her watchful eye, gave her immense pleasure, and she was really pleased with the end result. The garden had been planned for easy wheelchair access too and it was great that she could get out to enjoy it again. Paul and his team worked hard to get the project finished as quickly as possible due to my aunts deteriorating health, whilst battling the English weather! Thank you for a job well done, and for giving her the garden back.
We have recently had our garden completely made over and thanks to Paul and Helen, we are very pleased with the results. The garden previously was not at all interesting and so the brief was to change all that and make it a space for us and our 2 girls a place that we would want to spend time in. I can say that we now have just that, and enjoying anytime we can to be in the garden. The service provided by Paul and Helen was excellent. from the initial meeting, design brief and putting that into practice. The team worked through some really bad weather and as a result finished the work on time and to budget. We also found both Paul and Helen willing to make some adjustments as we went along and whilst were very professional, were also friendly and helpful at all times. As a result we would recommend them highly and very pleased with the work they did for us.
Eighteen months ago our garden was in need of a complete make-over. Having erected walls on two sides we engaged Floral-and-Hardy to design and construct the new garden. The design was excellent, everything we had hoped for, with extended patio, pergola leading to a seating area, water feature and an excellent selection of flowering trees, shrubs and other plants. The raised flower beds added an extra dimension to the garden. The construction work included a considerable amount of paving, brick walls for the raised beds and the laying of a new lawn, all of which was done to a very high standard. The sprinkler system is effective in spells of very dry weather Helen, Paul and workers on the site were always courteous, and the site was tidied nightly as the work progressed. A year later we have a colourful garden, enhanced in the evenings by a lighting system, and which attracts many varieties of birds and bees. We are pleased to recommend Floral-and -Hardy for both design and construction of a new garden. Margaret and Allan
Very pleased! we had a garden design done earlier this year. We met Paul who was very comprehensive. We've decided to go ahead and have our garden re-done by Floral and Hardy. The work to date has been of high standard and I can't fault the team, they've let us know everything being done.
Thanks to Paul and Helen for a lovely experience! Our garden is now the perfect place for us to relax and for the kids to play. Their team were great working late to get areas finished in time for a party we were having. Happily recommend to anyone!
We used Floral and hardy to redo our garden and they were fantastic. We wanted to make the most of our narrow long garden. We have had a garden office built which looks amazing, garden lighting and a water feature added in. The plants look great especially when lit up. Overall a very smooth experience and friendly builders too.
We are thrilled with our garden transformation which was completed just before summer this year. The garden just seemed to get better as new plants bloomed throughout the summer. Everything from the hard landscaping to planting was was better than we imagined. Thank you for our wonderful garden!
Thanks to Floral and Hardy we have a unique garden. It's suits us perfectly with all the features we really wanted. Lawn, flower beds , fruit ,veg areas , patio and lighting etc.
We had the Floral and Hardy team in to give our garden a much needed makeover. The planning and consultation was great, the hand drawn designs were a nice touch to the project. Once we signed off on the design and garden layout the team set to work removing all of the old lawn, old plants and broken garden ornaments. It took a few weeks but by the end the garden was beautiful. It's a pleasure to sit outside and take in the new garden, our patio looks much better now also! Would highly recommend Paul and the team.
I asked Floral and Hardy to help me design my garden after buying a property that had a massively overgrown outdoor space. They gave me some fantastic ideas and their teams worked quickly to transform my garden. Paul was available even out of normal hours to answer questions and their builders were friendly whilst at my house. I would definitely recommend these guys.
I had my sad and neglected balcony completely redesigned by Floral & Hardy 2 years ago. Sam did a wonderful design, exactly what I wanted. I now have 2 very lush living walls which I love and most of the planters are thriving. A couple of the planters, however, had been overwatered and the plants were rotting so Paul and Sam came back last week and dug up and fed the soil and put new plants in so it all looks totally lush again! Paul and Sam are both very professional and helpful.I would thoroughly recommend them.
Everything was perfect
Really happy with the service we have received from floral & hardy . They completed a lovely garden for us over a year ago & a few settlement cracks appeared on the walls . As promised, they return to Fix these ! It's perfect now.. thank you paul & helen.
Floral and Hardy is rated 4.74 based on 27 reviews