Floral and Hardy Reviews

Read Floral and Hardy Reviews

paul@floralandhardy.co.uk

The Design Loft, 8 Hayes Wood Avenue, Hayes Village, Kent

Tell us how Floral and Hardy made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
never contracted or worked with them, but they billed me £ 2,000. also did not answer me not one of my letters. they answered by phone that if the bill came, then I have to pay it and only then they will understand what it is due to
Can't recommend Floral & Hardy highly enough. To say my garden was a mess is an understatement, but from the start nothing phased Paul and the team. Sam, the designer, has amazing vision and understood exactly what we were looking for, then built on it with ideas we hadn't even considered. The team of builders who carried out the work were hard working and always left the site tidy when they left. Can't wait to get out there and enjoy my new garden...just as soon as it stops chucking it down...
At short notice Floral and Hardy put together a garden design for my elderly aunt who was suffering with dementia. The process of preparing the garden under her watchful eye, gave her immense pleasure, and she was really pleased with the end result. The garden had been planned for easy wheelchair access too and it was great that she could get out to enjoy it again. Paul and his team worked hard to get the project finished as quickly as possible due to my aunts deteriorating health, whilst battling the English weather! Thank you for a job well done, and for giving her the garden back.
We have recently had our garden completely made over and thanks to Paul and Helen, we are very pleased with the results. The garden previously was not at all interesting and so the brief was to change all that and make it a space for us and our 2 girls a place that we would want to spend time in. I can say that we now have just that, and enjoying anytime we can to be in the garden. The service provided by Paul and Helen was excellent. from the initial meeting, design brief and putting that into practice. The team worked through some really bad weather and as a result finished the work on time and to budget. We also found both Paul and Helen willing to make some adjustments as we went along and whilst were very professional, were also friendly and helpful at all times. As a result we would recommend them highly and very pleased with the work they did for us.
Eighteen months ago our garden was in need of a complete make-over.
Having erected walls on two sides we engaged Floral-and-Hardy to design and construct the new garden.

The design was excellent, everything we had hoped for, with extended patio, pergola leading to a seating area, water feature and an excellent selection of flowering trees, shrubs and other plants. The raised flower beds added an extra dimension to the garden.

The construction work included a considerable amount of paving, brick walls for the raised beds and the laying of a new lawn, all of which was done to a very high standard. The sprinkler system is effective in spells of very dry weather Helen, Paul and workers on the site were always courteous, and the site was tidied nightly as the work progressed.

A year later we have a colourful garden, enhanced in the evenings by a lighting system, and which attracts many varieties of birds and bees.

We are pleased to recommend Floral-and -Hardy for both design and construction of a new garden.

Margaret and Allan
Very pleased! we had a garden design done earlier this year. We met Paul who was very comprehensive. We've decided to go ahead and have our garden re-done by Floral and Hardy. The work to date has been of high standard and I can't fault the team, they've let us know everything being done.
Thanks to Paul and Helen for a lovely experience! Our garden is now the perfect place for us to relax and for the kids to play. Their team were great working late to get areas finished in time for a party we were having. Happily recommend to anyone!
We used Floral and hardy to redo our garden and they were fantastic. We wanted to make the most of our narrow long garden. We have had a garden office built which looks amazing, garden lighting and a water feature added in. The plants look great especially when lit up. Overall a very smooth experience and friendly builders too.
We are thrilled with our garden transformation which was completed just before summer this year. The garden just seemed to get better as new plants bloomed throughout the summer. Everything from the hard landscaping to planting was was better than we imagined. Thank you for our wonderful garden!
Thanks to Floral and Hardy we have a unique garden. It's suits us perfectly with all the features we really wanted. Lawn, flower beds , fruit ,veg areas , patio and lighting etc.
We had the Floral and Hardy team in to give our garden a much needed makeover. The planning and consultation was great, the hand drawn designs were a nice touch to the project. Once we signed off on the design and garden layout the team set to work removing all of the old lawn, old plants and broken garden ornaments. It took a few weeks but by the end the garden was beautiful. It's a pleasure to sit outside and take in the new garden, our patio looks much better now also! Would highly recommend Paul and the team.
I asked Floral and Hardy to help me design my garden after buying a property that had a massively overgrown outdoor space. They gave me some fantastic ideas and their teams worked quickly to transform my garden. Paul was available even out of normal hours to answer questions and their builders were friendly whilst at my house. I would definitely recommend these guys.
I had my sad and neglected balcony completely redesigned by Floral & Hardy 2 years ago. Sam did a wonderful design, exactly what I wanted. I now have 2 very lush living walls which I love and most of the planters are thriving. A couple of the planters, however, had been overwatered and the plants were rotting so Paul and Sam came back last week and dug up and fed the soil and put new plants in so it all looks totally lush again! Paul and Sam are both very professional and helpful.I would thoroughly recommend them.
Everything was perfect
Really happy with the service we have received from floral & hardy . They completed a lovely garden for us over a year ago & a few settlement cracks appeared on the walls . As promised, they return to Fix these ! It's perfect now.. thank you paul & helen.
The standard of workmanship was appalling. I found the project manager to be unavailable, rude, patronising and sarcastic. She told me I should expect mistakes to happen. She did not reply to any e mails. The first guy was sacked after many complaints from me. I was told he had been on a private job and the project manager asked me not to tell Paul. They then had to redo my AstroTurf seating and many other areas. When they said it was finished there were at least 20 more mistakes and I was told it was my fault for not being there on the last day to point out what I wasn't happy with. There were bags of rubble left behind. X marks on the walls and fence where lights had been going. Chunks of pointing missing. Turf not level. I could write a book on all the excuses i heard for people not being on site. The 5-6 week project lasted 11 weeks due to poor ordering and no one on site. There is not enough space in this review to document properly how awful the experience was. I was spoken to like dirt when I complained about things. I found Paul to be really unpleasant to me and I had to point out more than once that it was not my fault all these mistakes were being made. I spoke to him 3 times after the first guy sacked. No apology which I complained about so I received a carefully worded text where it was clear accepting liability was being avoided. Do not be fooled by how lovely everyone is when they are selling the project. I am still waiting for confirmation of guarantees despite repeated e mails. I asked for confirmation that specific pet durable AstroTurf had been fitted because one of the guys said they fit my turf in most gardens. I have not received confirmation of this. Even when planting the flowers they couldn't even be bothered to sink the roots below the soil. There was no attention to detail in this protect and nobody seemed to mind that. This garden was paid for with an inheritance from my mother and I fear it was not money well spent. Stay well away
They didnt
Paul, Daisy - please respond to the phone calls, emails, twitter messages to organise the follow up (Patio clean & decking refurb) as per our agreement in September "once we are in receipt title to all goods supplied pass to you and our guarantee comes into effect".

Cheers
Paul
I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole if I were you.
terrible firm, terrible workmanship, claimed to go bust so could not return to repair their many mistakes. Examples taking measurements wrong twice, fitting railings that had been treated with interior varnish (so peeled within two weeks) decking laid poorly, metal framework showing at one end and not the other... this was because our house was not straight... project manager who was so incompetent it beggared belief. digging out a section then laying paving over the top without compacting, so the paving sand inches within weeks. Bet you don't see this on their website
Floral and Hardy is rated 4.31 based on 26 reviews