first direct Reviews

40% of reviewers recommend first direct
12PM
12PM

Tell us how first direct made you happy

"Had very good and very bad experiences with them. Mixed feelings. I felt betrayed when they messed up my loan application."
Are you first direct? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback first direct receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"After 5 years of trouble free banking First Direct declined to pay a Direct Debit of £50 that would have taken me £23 over my agreed limit. My mix up, my fault, no quibble there. The company the payment was for took payment over the phone next day with no issues and no repercussions of any kind. However First Direct informed me that they would report this to Credit Reference agencies as a missed payment and that this would have an adverse effect on my credit score. If you value your credit rating do not bank with First Direct. This extremely Draconian policy appears to be unique to First Direct/HSBC group. Please be aware that they will happily harm the credit rating of their own customers even when there is no requirement for them to do so. Most banks do not do this for single missed payments. First Direct will."
"First direct must be the best bank in UK , they are friendly supportive and at the end of a phone... I have never had such good customer care.."
"after banking with them for over 30 years having a LOT of savings with them, my mortgage and my partners banking plus recommending countless friends, they have refused to give my 18 year old daughter an account. cant supply a reason why. goodbye first direct - feels like the ultimate betrayal."
"They provide a personal service professionally delivered. Their security and fraud expertise is first class. Their assistance is given without exception and is always overtly helpful. A people's bank."
first direct is rated 3.00 based on 5 reviews