First Utility Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Utility
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

Tell us how First Utility made you happy
😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈I left one star, not for the shop, not for the people working there actually they do an amazing good job, well done πŸ˜‰. Unfortunately the Manager, didn't know that, the broadband from "SHELL" is NOT working having lost £130 for stopping the service after few days. I raccomande him to check SHELL BROADBAND REVIEWS I'm sure he will be much more helpful next time GET AWAY Shell broadband
Customer service is terrible been trying 2 phone 4 ages.and kept on hold usually for 30 to 40 minutes. And end up having to hang up.glad my contact is nearing end .coz I will b leaving them.
shocking service I am currently Shell Energy customer (won’t be long before I switch) I have find out that our gas bill is 3 times higher than what it should be, queried this in July last year and still waiting to resolve this issue. Just spent an hour and 40 mins with them on the phone, they took 50 mins just to answer phone??? Shocking service
Switched to Shell because they advertised cheaper fuel rates. Was initially billed £78 a month but this soon went up to £110. Since joining I have never been able to log into my account. Despite many emails over many months it was still not resolved. Trying to phone and talk to someone is a nightmare. Every button on the website always takes you back to the 'live chat' virtual assistant. When the questions get too hard for it, it tells you to log into your account!! I eventually put a complaint in. Low and behold, I received a few emails stating they were dealing with the case, followed promptly by one which said the complain was now resolved so now closed. I still could not log into my account. I was now back to square one again with the emails and trying to talk to someone. I have now cancelled my DD, lets see how fast it is before someone now rings me I will never use this company again!
I had a door to door sales man from shell, after looking at my smart meter said I could save £20 a month, as i was currently paying £85, i agreed n signed up only to find out after a friend said it was impossible looking at my units or what ever they are, rang to complain n they agreed it should of been £85 a month, am now going through ombudsman n just received my first month bill £120 !! What a scam of a company with no morals, they should be a shamed of themselves!! And i totally agree with the previous ladies comments about the trust pilot reviews, staff clearly writing those !!!
Awful company, thank god i wasn't a signed up member! Moved into a property supplied by Shell Energy, switched straight away, took meter reading and supplied to them on the 1st day. Then they start sending text messages to say to call a number to pay, search of the number online shows it as a scamming number rated as 'Dangerous' on 'Who Called Me'. When you call the number they want all your personal details and bank details without even confirming anything to prove who they are and they know who is calling them, they ended up hanging up on me when I asked them to confirm some of my details even just my door number. Go to the website, its just as bad trying to get some contact details, eventually had to fill out a form as even the online chat isn't a chat, its automated. Eventually get an email from them confirming the details, and I pay and send them confirmation via email, then I continue to get threatening messages about outstanding payment and debt collectors. Awful company, I'm guessing staff members have increased their ratings on Trustpilot, have a look at their ratings on some other sites.
My Shell Energy experience has been quite appalling from waiting nearly an hour on the phone only to be cut off when 6th in the queue from 75th and then not being believed regarding a meter reading. Final straw came when the call back as promised did not materialise and so the saga goes on. To anyone thinking of joining Shell Energy ...... don't - you will bitterly regret you decision
I was with first utility which was fine, but shell energy is just unscrupulous. Not only does their billing make no sense but the bills have steadily increased month to month despite nothing having changed from my end. I’ve paid my bills consistently and according to my calculations I use on average £90 - £100 max monthly for both gas and electricity but they’ve increased my bill to £170 for a 2 bed flat because I want to leave their company. I can’t afford to pay that amount every month. I’m so frustrated.
First utility were good until shell energy , shell energy never call back they estimate my bill which is incorrect. Still waiting for my call back the polish lady promised me this morning at 8am youvhsve estimated my bill wrong which she admitted and I gave you my readings on 8 Jan call me urgent it I will cancel my DD Regards
Shell Energy is a dreadful company. It is almost impossible to get through to them on the telephone. They offer to ring you back after you have been for about 13 minutes. When they do ring back, it could be hours after you made the initial call and not always convenient to take the call. As for emails - they either ignore them or reply to them days later. They promise to do help you and then promptly forget so you have to go through the whole rigmarol again. All in all, if you don't want your blood pressure to reach boiling point keep well away from them
Atrocious company. I would not recommend Shell Energy to my worst enemy. The resolutions team is not fit for purpose. Despite repeatedly telling them my property has been empty since the tenants left last summer and no final meter readings had been taken Shell Energy keep sending me estimated bills.
Been with Shell for about 3 months I signed up expecting £40 of vouchers but to no avail, cannot speak to them as they will not pick up the phone so a very frustrating company, cannot wait to leave, customer service non-existent.
I originally started with First Utility who for the short time I was actually with them they seems great. It all went down hill as soon as Shell took over. They upped my bill as they said I was using more than I’d previously said, I tried to argue that with it being winter and the heating is on we do but in summer we use a lot less. So over the year it evens out. They didn’t agree and so doubled my monthly payment. Then I had a smart metre fitted, which shows on the remote display unit I use roughly what I’d always thought I did. Tired to call shell and can never get through and even though they metre reading is sent to them daily they still seem to think I use more than I think I do. Again tried to call to see if the remote unit is wrong or the metre has an issue or they’re wrong but can never get hold of anyone. My renewal is due so I’ve switched and hopefully will have better service from E-On. I’d never recommend Shell to anyone and I’d never use them again.
Have been with Shell Energy since they were First Utility - who were great. Unfortunately Shell Energy are atrocious. Only gave one star as zero star option not available. Pay my bill monthly by cheque- I know cheques not popular,but suits me. Sent cheque off,all details correct,money drawn from my bank- then letters & emails saying bill not paid. Contacted customer services( which is horrendous nightmare trying to get through & when you do- best of luck understanding people on the other end) useless conversation,got nowhere & got shouted at by the guy on end of the phone yelling" when are you sending us proof you have paid this"- I only received email that morning. Sent bank statement with corresponding cheque stub number & amount & answered all relevant questions asked. Paid subsequent bill that had come in. Still receiving multiple emails about " outstanding debt" & how my credit rating could be affected by this as they pass details on to credit agencies. I submitted a complaint about this & their customer service agent. They got back in touch to say they had their " team" trying to track down the payment. Still waiting for a response. In the interim still getting emails about outstanding debt. Am taking this to the ombudsman & am leaving this company asap. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY!!!!!
Cannot get to talk to any one. been on phone for one and a half hours.
Only with Shell energy for a short while paid £170 per month, after leaving I paid my final bill only to be sent another for a separate amount, I asked for them to provide a breakdown of that bill as I didn't believe I owed it, only to be sent another bill with no breakdown of charges, then I started receiving text stating that they will be taking further action, so I reluctantly paid the bill, only for them to say I haven't and continue with the threatening text. I rung customer service only to be put on hold for over an hour and cut off. Still unresolved, so annoying to spend hours on the phone with rude staff when I can prove I've paid my final bill. Poor customer service, don't go near this company!
I was a customer of First Utility which was fine & the problems occured when the company changed to Shell Energy. I had smart meters installed Feb 2019 & I moved out of the property Aug 2019, I paid by direct debit each month & when asked where I was living in Aug I provided my current address of the property I was then living at. In Oct 2019 I moved again & Nov 2019 £179 was taken out of my bank account by direct debit from them. As I am no longer a customer I can't access my online account. I got the bank to recall the direct debit. Dec 2019 I have been on the phone to them & they advised the gas smart meter wasn't ever working & the electricity meter was reset when it was installed. A common problem with the Seimans smart meters apparently. I said how would I know this? & how is this my problem? I also asked why it took them from Aug to Nov to produce that bill & how it is so high during the warmer months when they said it was the gas meter that was the problem. Back & fourth by email to then be told the electricity meter was also a problem & the bill is just shy of £300 but they will halve that as a gesture of goodwill. I said I'm not paying that & maintained that stance since 27th Dec 2019. I now need them to email me the deadlock letter & I am ready to send everything to the Ombudsman. I've never been a bad payer & they are treating me like this is my fault!
I am contacting ombudsman energy as they are charging me more than agreeing on contract. Be extremely careful if you have smart meters installed on your property. ask the engineer to sign a paper indicating the date of the exchange, and the last reading, his name and the name of his company. Shell energy pretends smart meters have been installed in May. The have been changed in July. They reporting the reading of July as May reading and they are charging me 2 extra months of energy consumption. It is entirely dishonest, that's pure robbery and I have had to pen a case with Ombudsman. Be careful if your supplier is Shell Energy (ex First Utility). Be careful with smart meters. DISGUSTING, UNFAIR, ROBBERS.
After 7 months my moving out I recive a bill £1500. My final bill was in credit 900£ they send me cheque for that. Now they try grab me £1500. Ive got letter with due date in 2 days must ti be paid!. Just a f***** joke!! Anybody recommended good lawer in hull? I think go to court. I spend hours on line without results. My final meter was 0497 but they send me bill for 1049. I asked did you see different? I have still photos. They said doesnt matter i must to pay
During my year as a First Utility customer (prior to them becoming Shell Energy) I had an issue with my meter, which was confirmed by a member of their support team. This was reported in October and despite being assured this would be fixed/replaced, come May when I moved out, it had not been nor had an appointment been re-arranged after their engineer cancelled at the last minute in March. A few months later, they sent me a bill for £1500 (9 months of payments apparently) saying that they were satisfied they'd fixed the issue...obviously this wasn't the case whilst I was in the property. Numerous months of back and forth later, they said they'd lower it to £850 based on an estimate. Having admitted that that their equipment was faulty and then not charging me whilst the issue was being 'resolved', it seems rather extraordinary that they can pick numbers out of the air like this! Still deciding whether to take to small claims court as clearly they are just guessing at this point to try and get some money out of me...
First Utility is rated 1.19 based on 79 reviews