First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Selecting a tutor was easy, the contact tutor was unclear. After I selected contact tutor, I assumed an email would automatically go to the tutor, it was only later I saw that I needed to send. Maybe something I misunderstood, but thought it could be clearer. Most of the tutors came back promptly and it was easy to clarify availability skill level etc.
Daughter found him knowledgeable in the subject and able to understand him.
Found a Latin tutor for my son. Early days but hope it will work out
Easy to find and be connected with a tutor. The process was very straight forward.
Karen was very good with my 5yr old. Knew exactly how to keep her engaged with the tuition.
Considering this was my daughters first lesson, she enjoyed the experience and wants to have Karen as a teacher for the long term.
I was surprised at how easy and professional the process was. Definitely well worth the small introduction fee and would recommend to anyone looking for a tutor.
Quite good; found a nice tutor through it. Good selection of tutors. Could be slightly cheaper though and the layout of the page could be more user friendly.
We have found a tutor through this agency and are hopeful it’ll be a good match.
Some of the tutors advertised weren’t available for tutoring at our home, although it looked as if they were.
But I’m hopeful that the tutor we have found will work out well.
Nice, simple, effective service that connects with good people.
Anthony is very good with Jacob. I like that he encourages him when he does well.
She is Good teacher so far
Easy to access and pay fee of £20. Communication with tutor at the beginning to establish level of learning and nothing since despite further communications from my side. Now over a month. Don’t know if something is wrong or if tutor has changed their mind. At the moment I wouldn’t use this site again to find another tutor
this has been reviewed and upgraded since a new tutor found. Acknowledgement of problem from first tutors and immediate offer to allow search for new tutor with no further fee.
once i found your website, it is easy to navigate. However, your website was not easy to find when using using Google as a search engine when entering Find Gaelic tutor.
I was very impressed with your site and the way you found so many tutors that were available.
Good, friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forward to a long good relationship.
Found First Tutors on line when searching for Spanish tutor. Many good ones on offer! Very happy with the one I chose.
Good easy website to use only criticism is it’s quite expensive and as a result of paying the finders fee I am unable to afford as many lessons as I’d of liked.
good service for finding professional tutors. Pricey for intros so only use it when you are ready to hire/engage a specific tutor. the costs structure doesn't accommodate interviewing a shortlist and then engaging your final selection. So if you do a lot of hiring at work and want to apply those best practices for someone spending time with your child or coming to your home, you have 2 choices: spend a lot on the finder fees or cut corners and save the money for the actual tutoring session. I'd suggest the agency outline a search package to be more efficient and clear here.
The searching for a tutor went very well - put in what language and options came back which I then contacted to ask about lessons. All went very easily and I am very happy with the procedure and outcome. The only issues would be the apparently random nature of how much First will charge as a finders fee - you are given a range but nothing tells you why or how they decide the final figure and you don't know what it is until you want to actually have lessons with a tutor. Also, there is no clear way of paying your tutor, it seems like you have to sort that out between you.
Hpwever, overall, I am very happy with the whole procedure and outcome and would happily recommend First.
It was my first experience and I’m happy with it
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,329 reviews