First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
I found my tutor who is very good. I found the site easy to use and informative
So far our experience has been a positive one.
Not only a secure site but one that guarantees professional tutors/teachers with reference's for peace of mind. Additionally it enabled a search locally to your area.
Aoife is nice. Very straight forward. She kicked off with my daughter immediately. Unlike the other tutor I contacted
Clear and concise information on each tutor. Enables good choices to be made.
Comprehensive coverage of many languages, and good advice on setting out with a new tutor.
Good website - easy to use and easy to navigate.
Good Tutor, made good understanding of the topics that I have been taught for the past 4 weeks.
Topics all covered.
I was impressed by the range of tutors.
Good at locating a very good tutor, which matched my daughter's specific needs.
But was not made aware of the fee until the end of my search and at the beginning of the booking process.
Maybe inform people on the website at the outset?
Clear and informative website and it was easy to find and communicate with a very suitable tutor.
helpful and useful in finding a tutor
I have just completed my first session with Ian, he was very thorough and wanted to gain an understanding of my prior knowledge. I’m looking forward to my next session, where I hope to cover other areas where I need a more in depth understanding of the subject.
I was looking for a french tutor and having no recommendations from people I know, so I looked to First Tutors. The system seems to work well and we have found a tutor with whom we are happy. I would have given 5 Stars if the site stated the fee payble to find the tutor up front, this wasn't clear. I also think it's a little expensive as I'm not clear that there are any checks made by the site for the tutors. However the reviews section is useful.
Good application, useful to find a good tutor for my son
A very professional service, thank you
It is a good way to find tutors
Very good service. Hooked me up with a very good teacher. May be the instructions could be a bit more clearer but that aside still a good site. Just remember not to include your contact details in any emails you send to a prospective teacher.
Excellent Service. Thanks for linking me up with the right Tutor for my son.
Very good website and is very user friendly. I can easily find all the profiles and serach tutors based on my criteria. I found 3 tutors so far and I'm happy with the service,
Easy to filter through tutors to find someone local to me. Good messaging service as well to communicate between potential tutors that are all verified.
Easy to use and navigate. It’s a bit expensive if you require more than one tutor. I was looking for 3 tutors but the fee of £25 per tutors details to be released put me off. However we did find a good tutor for biology.
The topic I was wanting a tutor for was quite specific so it took a while to find someone, but once I did he was great and very helpful.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,490 reviews