First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
After an initial bump,where after paying the fees and arranging dates with the tutor, he was uncontactable and unresponsive, I contacted First tutor. They were very quick in responding and gave me a free replacement. I have found a new tutor and already had the first lesson. So in the end everything turned out to be good. My suggestion would be that the Firstutor should have a contact number, it makes the agency look more reliable and approachable.
Easy to use and a good deal for finding someone.
The first tutors at is great at finding tutors and responses from tutors are pretty good too. only thing is for every tutor we have to pay £30 to see details. Maybe one off fee for fee tutors would make more sense as we want to try a few before finalising other than this no problems at all!
Very easy to find a tutor suited to me
Great tutor response, excellent choice. We found the perfect tutor. Thank you
The site is very easy to use and the tutors I selected were quick to respond meaning I could choose the right one with ease. Thanks very much!
My daughter is very happy with the tutor she has. According to my daughter, the way the tutor is teaching the course is very good and she is able to understand way better.
This is a fast and efficient service.
Easy to use and comprehensive. First tutors provided us with a first rate tutor in our area at the touch of a button.
Easy to use and good so far
Really helped me understand how to properly structure essay questions. Unfortunately had to leave because he found a new job.
Very efficient and answer queries promptly
I found the website very user friendly & have gotten an amazing tutor from it :)
I’ve found a very good tutor here and I’m happy I decided to start tuition.
It was relatively quick and simple to find a suitable tutor, and all seems good so far.
There is a wide range of possible tutors, a fair amount of information on them and it is reassuring that there is vetting. I think it is worth the small fee.
No problems, found a suitable tutor quickly
We’ve had one lesson so far and we were very happy with the lesson. My son is looking forward to his next lesson.
After poor experiences with another site, I contacted 6 potential tutors for Leaving Cert German on First Tutors. All 6 reverted back quickly and professionally. In one case our respective needs didn't match, and that's perfectly fine; the other 5 would have been good matches and responsive.
Feedback on the display on the website: there's only a limited number of tutors from your search visible. Every time I looked at a specific profile and then went back, I got back to the top of the page and had to click 'see more' repeatedly.
Once you have found the right person, you need to buy the contact details from First Tutors. That's straightforward.
The reminders and email notifications are very smooth and useful.
Was quite straightforward to use and lots of different tutors available. Also a secure system to contact tutors online.
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 7,628 reviews