First Tutors Reviews

Based on 8,433 reviews
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Every quick and easy to use
Every quick and easy to use
I was able to find one teacher for my son. She is absolutely the perfect for the job. On the other hand I find a bit pricy the registration.
Was able to find some different tutors for the subject to see if they have availability - have unlocked and paid for the details of one and having first session next week. Have found a couple of other great tutors from you before - again didnt disappoint. Thanks for the help
Through First Tutors I have started Italian lessons and I am really enjoying the experience of starting to learn a new language. The tutor is really good and makes learning an exciting challenge!
I payed fees to the'First Tutors' twice. Despite, I have been told by the 'First Tutors' that I will not be charged again when I will find the second tutor. The first tutor that I chose according the website is residing in Acton that is very close were we live, as we were looking for face-to-face tuition. Unfortunately, we were told by tutor himself that he resides miles away in south-east London. That is not suitable for us. The information on website was misleading. Therefore, I think you should not charge me twice. Sorry, my rating just four stars. The good thing is that we are very pleased with the current tutor. Thanks the 'First Tutors' for that! Kind regards, Nele Smith
I think the fee to release contact details is a little high. Most users would probably wish to contact more than one tutor.
For now my daughter is impressed with her
Sean has been friendly and helpful for my 16 year old son. He had some work prepared before according to the struggled areas.
A good platform to find tutors. Harder if looking for a specific less common exam board tutor. Can not filter out male or female tutors. When looking for a tutor it would be nice to have a folder to save the ones I am thinking about.
Very fast response time and a lot of people to choose from.
Easy to find website after a quick Google search, then easy to find a suitable, local tutor who has really helped.
An easy way to find a tutor!
We found a great tutor so are very happy. The £29.99 introductory fee is a bit steep but we had no choice but to go ahead.
Hi it's easy and reliable place to find teacher. I was joined 2017.
The quality of the two tutors I have found for my daughter is high. Finding them was simple and straightforward on the site. Communicating with them was easy. The final stage - paying the site arrangement fee and then arranging a first appointment with the tutor - I found to be unnecessarily complicated. There is no clear guide (that I could find) on the site as to how the process works. Overall though I am happy with the experience and satisfied with the outcome
Useful site and service with comprehensive information about tutors.
This service is really brilliant! But would love a discount on finder’s fee.
I like the way it works generally but I think the finder's fee to pay before releasing a tutor's contact details is too high. I only tried my luck with one tutor and I was lucky. To get her details I had to pay £25. I think it's a high fee. I'm not sure what would have happened if the first session hadn't worked at all. Would I have to keep paying finders fees each time? I think the finders fees are too high. Tutor hunt for example offers a first session for free.
Very excellent way to find tutor for individual learning. But would like the finders fee to be revised or discounted . Thank you .
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 8,433 reviews