First Tutors Reviews

Based on 8,426 reviews
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Everything went very smoothly and promptly. Both tutors have this organisation have been brilliant. It works.
Excellent first impressions. Keith made the lesson fun, relevant and interesting.
Joanne is brilliant put Darragh at ease straight away. I will be getting regular grinds from Joanne until leaving certificate
The First Tutors service is great and helped us find a teacher that we are delighted with. Your website would be improved if you could filter on the language that the subject is taught through. We were looking for a Science teacher that could teach through Irish, and had to drill down into every teacher profile before we found a teacher with the appropriate skills.
Found a tutor for an unusual musical instrument. They responded very promptly and lesson set up for following week. All good so far. Thought the finders fee was a little steep.
found a hood A level spanish tutor and the website had a good range to choose from but i think it’s a hit cheeky for the website to be asking for £20 ‘finders fee’ to then be able to then go on to pay your tutor their own rate on top. it all just gets a bit expensive
Canceled 10 min before tuition. The tution was not then rearrange and not very responsive
Dear Ahmed, I am very sorry to hear about this and appreciate your reason for concern. I have contacted you directly to advise how to leave feedback for your tutor in order to choose a replacement at no further charge. I am sorry that your experience so far has not been a good one, but I hope we can turn this around for you. Kind Regards, First Tutors
very kind and polite!! My child adjusted really well.It has only been one session lets hope for all the best!!
Easy and straightforward my daughter has now had her first lesson which went very well and met her expectations. She is looking forward to the next lesson
Brilliant Tutor! My son enjoyed his teaching.
I have found First Tutors to be excellent in providing a range of options for my son's tutoring needs. This is the third time I have used them and, yet again, we have found a great tutor. I would highly recommend.
Very helpful and passionate about helping my daughter with her English a level . Definitely recommend Sam
The site has put me in touch with my first banjo tutor and I'm having great online sessions.
Contacted First tutors to search for some help for a boy aged 8 . Found Tutor reasonably easy but had t realised that you needed to pay to release details . Found the tutors were very swift in replying on the discussion boards but once you went on to try and arrange tuition through the personal contact they became very quiet and didn't respond as quick. It so far has taken 4 weeks and still no sign of any tuition.
I was in search of a private tutor for my 8 year old son and came across Stephen Solbe on first tutors. He was very prompt in replying to my request and was really accommodating with times to suit our schedule . My son feels so relaxed around him and is really enjoying his 1 to 1 zoom lessons. Stephen is not only highly experienced and professional but also very honest and humble which are qualities I wanted in a tutor for my son. We look forward to continue working with him in the future .
Easy to find tutors in my area for my instrument. East to contact and set up lessons.
Very simple and quick to use the site!
Charlie is a perfect match for my son studying for Higher English exam, there is an obvious increase in confidence following 2 sessions. Great communication and feedback following sessions from Charlie. She has in-depth knowledge and passion for the subject matter and is able to share this with learners appropriately. Highly recommend.
Professional and relevant service, would recommend.
Quick and efficient, an easy to use service. We are very happy with our tutor!
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 8,426 reviews