First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Very pleased with our tutor! Great service.
Very pleased with our tutor! Great service.
My daughter was lacking confidence with her maths work so i made contact with First Tutors. Rida has been providing tutoring to my daughter twice a week via Skype and she is really bringing on her confidence and skills. I appreciate how Rida finds a way of working that best suits my daughter's needs.
Matthew is very friendly and professional
Great service, had a quick response from several tutors within a very short period of time. Found a great tutor within our post code.
Highly recommend. All posts are monitored and tutors are qualified and reliable
Brilliant support and highly recommended, thank you.
Very straightforward to find a suitable tutor. Quick response from first tutor & tutor after submitting request for contact details. Would definitely recommend to others
So easy to use.. have found a lovely tutor for my daughter.
One of the tutors I paid for says "Unfortunately I don't think that I have been able to help you very much. I think you need a tutor who is experienced in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP).... I'm sorry to disappoint you like this, but I firmly believe that you deserve to be educated by people who have the experience to really help you"

The website says that
We have spoken with Matthew McConkey and our understanding is that he is unable to teach because the request was for jurisprudence, but it has become apparent that the request should have been for improving skills of academic English as a foreign language - a subject that Matthew does not teach.

My reply - I have paid fees for one tutor to help with law on one hand and another tutor to help with English on the other hand. There are evidence in the emails and many conversations showing that I contacted him to improve my English. However the website is always using all the LIES & refusing to refund or provide replacement tutors when the tutor that I paid for is unable to teach because of his competency or lack of experience.

DO NOT use this website. A money grabbing company with NO Ethics, NO Morals.
Dear Ruby,

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed. We appreciate in some circumstances your tutor may not be a good match. We therefore offer a tutor guarantee to ensure you can find a replacement tutor at no further charge.

As indicated in our email correspondence, we have provided you with the details of ten tutors, five of which were under our tutor guarantee ( free of charge, with a value of £124.95). In addition to this, three of your payments have also been refunded as a gesture of goodwill.

To conclude, you have only been charged for the three tutors that you have used and rated positively.

Whilst we appreciate this does not change your experience, we trust this matter to be now resolved. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact enquiries@firsttutors.co.uk and we will do our best to help.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
Very straight forward. Easy to use. Found tutor immediatley.
Excellent !! It was very helpful & easy website
Exelle tutor website with reasonable prices compared to lots of tutors websites that personally know.

The website is really easy to navigate. I have stopped using other sites and have focused on using this particular site.

Efficient and fair way to find private tutors in a range of subjects. Finally started taking 1-1 guitar lessons!
Clear and informative website and it was easy to find and communicate with a very suitable tutor.
It’s a bit steep having to pay a release fee for each individual tutor - I paid the £25 fee for two tutors over a two wk period and one of the tutors turned out to be pretty lack lustre and not worth the money. I would be caution about using first tutors again because of this.
Dear Joanna,

Thank you for your feedback. Our fee's help cover the cost of identity and reference checks on all of our registered tutors so that you can choose with confidence.

I am sorry to hear that things did not work with your initial choice. We do appreciate in certain circumstances, your tutor may not be a good match. Our tutor guarantee enables you to select a replacement tutor at no further charge.

Unfortunatley, as you did not notify us of any issue we have been unable to help. If you contact enquiries@firsttutors.co.uk our customer support team will be able to assist.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
We found a local, very good maths tutor for our daughter through First Tutors. Highly recommend this service!
Karen was great. I instantly feel confident she will help me.
My tutor ganesh was very helpfull exellent service
Very easy to use. There is the reassurance that checks have been carried out on the tutors. I would definitely use them again.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,564 reviews