First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Very easy to use and found a tutor who responded and due to start this week.
I was looking for a singing teacher for my son, and found first tutors very easy to use, with a good selection of tutors, along with post codes at a glance, to show which were in my area. Clicking on the teachers gives information on experience, along with reviews from previous customers, which helped to make an informed choice.
I have found a tutor for A level Maths for my son. The website works easily and quickly.
It is a great way to find a tutor!
It was quick and easy to find a tutor, the tutors are trustworthy and reliable. Overall of I needed another tutor I would definitely be booking with this company again.
The Tutor promised to take on my daughter and then on the day they were first to meet informed us that she no longer wanted to tutor! I would have thought the tutors would be vetted to ensure they are 100% committed.
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your feedback.

I see that our team have been in contact with you about this and have explained the procedure on how to obtain another tutor at no further cost.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
It's a good site but the tutor I contacted knew I asked her to come to my house before I bought her details but then said she couldn't come because she's too busy
Dear Samira,

Thank you for your feedback.

I see that our customer service team has already been in contact with you a few days ago to sort out another tutor free of charge.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
A good source for finding tutors.
I spent a long time looking for a maths tutor for my daughter - thought I had found the perfect one !
Tutor came out to carry out planning meeting, tutoring was arranged and confirmed
I then had an e mail from the tutor to say that he wanted to charge travel expenses - this put his fee up by 40% from what was actually quoted on First tutor website
I am very disappointed and frustrated with the whole experience
Dear Jacqui,

Thank you for your Feedback. I can see that another member of our Customer Service team has dealt with your enquiry via email. We shall investigate the tutor involved, because we state on the site that they must charge the price advertised. If you have any further problems do let us know.

Kind regards,
Grace
First Tutors
It has been so easy to find the right tutor for my daughter with this company and would use again when in need of competent decent tutors in the chosen subject .
Efficient service. E-mails answered promptly. A little confusing at the end when wasn't sure what I had to do to secure the tutor.
It is what I need, i.e. a simple tool to find tutors in the area.
The service was easy to use and efficient. We found a good selection of high-quality tutors within a reasonable distance and the tutor we have decided to hire is excellent.
Easy to use, quick responses
Easy to use and I found what I was looking for. I appreciate the bit of background on each tutor.
Excellent tutor. Very understanding and has reacted incredibly well to last minute requests from my son. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending him 100%.
Very enthusiastic and very thorough in her teaching approach. Would highly recommend her.
Very easy process to join and then to communicate with chosen tutors. I had a tutor picked and first lesson started within a week.
Have found the site very helpful and there is a good selection of tutors to choose from. Having recently had an issue with a tutor not attending sessions, First Tutors very quickly responded to my concerns and I have now sorted out another tutor.
Efficient, speedy, high in quality,value for money,secure.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,398 reviews