First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Patrick C
Verified Reviewer

We found First Tutors to be well organised and had a variety of Tutors available
Sean B
Verified Reviewer

I had very specific requirements from a tutor...I found the profiles helped me to target only those tutors who were suitable.The amount I paid (14.99 euro) was deducted (by the tutor) from my first lesson. This means that the service didn't cost me anything in the end and I wouldn't have a great tutor in any other way.
Samantha H
Verified Reviewer

As always First Tutors has been able to fulfil mine and my daughters requirements.
Verified Buyer

very efficient service and quick response to my initial inquiry.
Janine W
Verified Reviewer

I am really impressed, I sent out an email saying what I wanted and had a couple of replies, that would help my son. I struggled a little with the site understanding how to pick up my messages and respond etc, but very quickly found a tutor for my son. Have had 1 lesson and am very pleased so far. Thanks to First Tutors
Esme W
Verified Reviewer

Very speedy service and excellent line up of tutors.
Laurence M
Verified Reviewer

Very Good, Very helpful offered extra help as needed.
Julie R
Verified Reviewer

It was very easy to use the website. I was able to obtain the information I needed straight away.
Vaishali S
Verified Reviewer

very good and process is simple
Jill E
Verified Buyer

We have not used the tutor yet but I found the First Tutor "finding" service really helpful and the tutor responded really quickly with really helpful questions and of course answers to my questions. I think its an excellent tool for finding tutors.
Dot C
Verified Buyer

This is the third time we have used First Tutors and we have found it to be top class with a very high standard of tutor . I would have no hesitation in recommending that people use this company if looking for that extra help with their academia .It is easy to use , transparent, and reliable ...
Dot
Aaron T
Verified Buyer

Easy to use website and very pleased with my tutor would recommend this site without hesitation.Aaron Taylor
Louise B
Verified Buyer

Really easy to use and had a number of tutors we could look at and discuss to find the one that worked for us
Mina M
Verified Buyer

I am quite happy with the service but I would like to see improvements on the following. The tutors who mention they are willing to travel for example up to 20 miles and you are 10 (or even in one case less than 3) miles away they say it is too far and they are not willing to travel. So why they put it on their profiles? Personally I would suggest to put the areas where they are willing to travel.The other matter is sometimes the price they put is not why they charge. If they wish to add the traveling cost it is best to be transparent and quite clear. A lot of my time has been wasted to find the right tutor due to this, particularly not being able to travel. Otherwise we were very happy with Johanna who came to my daughter during her GCSE's. She was fantastic! We just started with Maria, hopefully everything goes well.

Elena B
Verified Buyer

Overall a very good service, easy to find a tutor, and there seem to be quality tutors on this site.
Sobia N
Verified Buyer

Helped me find the best suitable tutor for my child.
Asif C
Verified Buyer

I use this whenever I need a tutor for my two children.
Ulrike S
Verified Buyer

Website was clear, I got what I was looking for.
Tara G
Verified Buyer

I am absolutely glad to have chosen Rebecca as my teacher.Her classes are very fun,interesting and got to learn quite a lot on technical and singing aspects and lovely classroom as well.Definitely looking forward to learn more in depth and improve my singing in further classes.
Jane B
Verified Buyer

I was looking for a French GCSE tutor for my daughter. The first tutor I contacted did not respond which was a disappointment as her credentials appeared to be outstanding. I contacted a a second tutor who I have now made arrangements with. The lady in question it turns out taught my daughter on supply some 3 years ago and is a wonderfully inspiring and enthusiastic teacher . So all good in the end!

If tutors can not manage a polite 'no' I'm not sure they should be on the books as it reflects on the service. That said I have no issues with First Tutors and would use them again.
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,153 reviews