First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

"First Tutors had a good selection of tutors in my area which helped in choosing the most suitable for my requirements. Thankyou!"
"Excellent1st lesson. Looking forward to more lessons."
"Professional & efficient service good value for money, after trying several times to fit in a college course and failed, this service fit the bill perfectly Alan"
"I found the service very easy to use."
"Easy to use. Site admin quick to respond to a query. Potential tutors have responded quickly and helpfully to enquiries."
"They helped me find a perfect tutor for me, couldn't be happier"
"Don’t confirm with you that you’re paying an introductory free that goes to first tutors rather than your tutor so you’re paying about £20 just to get someone’s phone number. When I emailed them about the absence of information they replied to one email and then ignored the next. Wouldn’t recommend"
Dear Niamh,

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear that you feel you've experienced less than agreeable customer service. I can see that our customer service team have been in touch to explain what our introductory fee covers, and to indicate where it is displayed on the site. If we can be of any further help please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
"Brilliant this was a present for my mum for her birthday she's always wanted to take piano lessons I found your website and now my mum has an amazing piano teacher thank you a Big 10 out of 10 😄"
"Really super service & our tutor is great."
"Easy to use, engaging, and great that tutors already verified and have references."
"Not sure at first but now changed my mind: professional tutors, helpful, worth it"
"Relatively easy to navigate and I was able to find a range of tutors for the language I was seeking in my locality. Arrangement fee which once you have chosen a tutor seemed to vary, with no explanation why."
"Easy to use website and found a tutor extremely quickly"
"Good morning I booked Mr Paul, English literature (AS level ) tutor to teach 1-2-1 my daughter at her care home, he came in drunk condition. My daughter and her care officer made objection, then he left and asking money, I don't know he doesn't take lessons and he is asking money. He doesn't realise this is out of ethics to be a drunk at work place. If you need any witness, you can confirm with the care officer and also with the recorded camera. Now if I want another English tutor, can you please adjust administration fee £24.99 paid and disclose details of other English Tutor. I already booked 3 others tutors from your company. Best wishes Abdullah khan"
Dear Abdullah,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your tutor but sadly we were unable to help because you didn't notify us at the time. I have now sent you an email explaining the procedure to claim another tutor free of charge. Please look out for that email and get back to us when you wish to go ahead with another tutor.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
"Using first tutors has been great. I have a wonderful Art tutor for my daughter all organised and up and running within a week. Thank you."
"Am happy the services was really helpful. it connected me to my preferred tutor. My daughter is enjoying her teaching and learning more"
"Paola is an amazing teacher. She has all the qualities of a perfect teacher: engaging, passionate and calm. I have had so far three online sessions with her which I find really helpful. I am starting my journey with learning Italian and I could not dream about better teacher. If you are looking for an online Italian Tutour I can highly recommend her!"
"Great tutor, very useful and will be continuing."
"Great tutor, very useful and will be continuing."
"She was very efficient, helpful and patient with my daughter and the fact that she can speak Spanish is a plus for us."
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 4,732 reviews