First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Excellent first session - clear and easy to follow lesson plan a end Angela is able to explain key points well.
A good presentation and user friendly
Matt has an excellent rapport with my eight year old son, Rupert. He shows a clear passion to teach and is able to engage him and make learning French fun.
Matt is also extremely efficient and reliable. Really pleased to have found him through First Tutors.
Excellent range of tutors, but rather confusing on signing up with one, then paying.
We have had 2 sessions so far, but there was an instant connection and my daughter is liking the lessons
She is a very professional tutor and I would definitely recommend her
Easy to use and understand. I was able to find a tutor for my daughter with the necessary subject knowledge required.
The tutors posts are good and have enough detail to shortlist. However the website is clunky and would be better if you could exchange links on the website so you can see what sort of resources they use etc. I think £25 is also steep to release details.
Fionualla is a very good English Tutor. She is helping me a lot on my English mocks and course. She helps me understand and analysis poems better and how to use them in a question. Same thing goes for my drama piece, she taught how and when to use quotes when I need them.
Very simple to use. I found a tutor on another side, but their fees were extortinate, so after a bit more searching found her on First Tutors. Made contact, exchanged a few messages then paid the £15 to get the contact details and now communicate direct. No longer use First Tutors as they are out of the loop.
He is perfect and my son happy with him in the session and I am satisfied with the result

Best regards
He is perfect and My son very happy With the tutor and he is really caring and responsible.
Regards
Joanna is lovely, she's a very good teacher and explains things well.
A very easy service to use with lots of excellent tutors. You gene really get a quick response form tutors and the entire process is very efficient
The website is really easy to use and there is a good selection of Japanese tutors, which I haven't found on other sites.

I didn't see there was a finder's fee at first, but I made contact with a tutor I liked and paid the fee so we could have a trial lesson.

It went well and we will continue with the tutor, so money well spent.
excellent start.
my son has already learnt quite a lot more and is gaining confidence all the time.
Easy to navigate web site and post messages
Very pleased 😀 Rhian seems like a wonderful person and is doing really well with Jacob looking forward to more sessions with Rhian.

Sgilliau torri.
Canu.
Ac fwy
First Tutors is very good when it comes to offering tutors for not common subjects - for examples languages. i highly recommend
Very easy and fast to navigate process
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,574 reviews