First Tutors Reviews

2,754 Reviews

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Helen S
Verified Reviewer

Very happy with first tutors. Very informative.
Tendai N
Verified Reviewer

Good, seems to know how to get the student interested in the subject
Beryl S
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors was very easy to use. There's a wide range of tutors covering many many subjects. We have chosen a tutor who has proved to be very helpful.
Anna M
Verified Reviewer

Easy to navigate site and select tutor for relevant subject and level.
Maureen R
Verified Reviewer

Fast and efficient service, very happy.
Carol D

Easy to use and effective way of finding local tutor
Carol D

Easy to use and effective way of finding local tutor
Dorra M
Verified Reviewer

Great website, very prompt communication and easy to use all throughout
Bernice S
Verified Reviewer

Good job, we'll done and thank you for the help.
Kiri B
Verified Reviewer

Brilliant website. Simple to use. Found a suitable tutor within 48 hours.
Lesley P
Verified Reviewer

Really efficient service. I was able to find 2 tutors very quickly.
Rachel F
Verified Reviewer

I recently used first tutors to find a suitable science tutor for my son. I found the site relatively easy to navigate with a good choice of tutors and have now successfully found a tutor for my son.
Jennifer S
Verified Reviewer

The site was easy to follow and gave a good list of teachers in my area. It gave a very good description of each teachers qualifications.
Shona S
Verified Reviewer

I actually found your site really hard to navigate, unsure of where to start and what the stages were. I have found a tutor but feel that the steps to do so could be clearer.
Dear Shona,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found our site difficult to navigate. We aim to make our service as user-friendly as possible and would be willing to discuss this further with you to make some improvements. You can contact us directly by clicking the 'contact us' button at the bottom of the webpage. Wishing you the best of luck with your tutor. Kind Regards, Sarah, First Tutors Customer Service.
Nadia S
Verified Reviewer

Over all I'm very happy with the service First Tutors provided.

PLUS: There was a broad range of people to choose from and so far we really like the tutor we found (one lesson so far, so can't say that much yet). The sits is very easy to navigate.

MINUS: I was a little surprised when people started contacting me who we'd not considered as I wasn't expecting our search to be passed on.
I was asked if I wanted to write a note to the tutors we didn't end up choosing and I did so. But today I got a mail from one of them, asking if we were still looking for a tutor, so that system for letting tutors know that they were unsuccessful might need looking at.
Marian L
Verified Reviewer

Very user friendly. Amazing tutor replied very quickly.
Deborah C
Verified Reviewer

Very quick and easy to use
Alan G
Verified Reviewer

Excellent, no fuss. Very simple process
Fatima S
Verified Reviewer

Great service to help find tutors
Mani S
Verified Reviewer

Prompt , precise and efficient service
First Tutors is rated 4.64 based on 2,754 reviews