First Tutors Reviews

3,012 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Maria H
Verified Reviewer

Jack is a great tutor for my niece who is doing her first year A-level study. He is punctual and very organised. He is really good to explain on difficult concepts, as he has excellent subject knowledge. His tutoring with good knowledge tends to make the lessons interesting and inspiring. He puts a good effort into preparing lessons and he has shown how to deliver lessons with pace and enthusiasm. His tutoring is really helpful for my niece! Thank you Jack. I would gladly recommend him to those who are concerned with Physics.
Paul S
Verified Reviewer

Maybe it's just me? But paying for a tutor is expensive enough without having to have to pay a finders fee as well :(

Also, I tried contacting First Tutors and looks like there is no contact phone number available..
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. We charge a finders fee because this helps cover the costs of ID checks, reference collection, qualification verification etc. which provides extra peace of mind to parents and students alike. If you click the "contact us" tab at the bottom of the webpage to send us a message we will get back to you within the hour usually, we provide this service 7 days a week.

We see that you only contacted one tutor but it's free to contact as many tutors as you wish, you only pay once you decide which tutor you wish to go ahead with.

Please contact us if you experience any problems with your tutor. We are here to help.

Thank you for using First Tutors.
Florence G
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service! I have used it several times and always been really satisfied.
Susan B
Verified Reviewer

My credit card was refused, although I have been using it everywhere online and the only other option provided was to send a bank draft that would have cost 3 times the fee.

The tutor's qualifications are not verified so it's no better than using kijiji or craigslist.
Dear Susan,
We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you had with making payment. I can see that our customer support team helped identify the problem and provide an alternative payment method.
With regard to qualifications, if they have been uploaded and checked by First Tutor sstaff, they will appear as 'on file' on the tutors public profile. I can see that your tutor has provided us with their qualification copies. Unlike free services, our fee's help cover the cost of reference checks which offers peace of mind when choosing your tutor. Wishing you the best of luck with your English lessons.
Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Customer Support
Dominic C
Verified Reviewer

Very good site, contains a large variety of tutors and a large variety of levels that they teach.
Chris H
Verified Reviewer

Quick and positive response once I had managed to find my way around the web page which could be more user friendly.
Susanne S
Verified Reviewer

Ganz herzlichen Dank für die gute Vermittlung! Es war für mich recht einfach, einen passenden Tutor für mich zu finden. Nachdem ich mich dann auch mit meinem schlechten Englisch durch die Seiten gesucht habe, ging es auch ganz schnell mit der Bezahlung.
Angie C
Verified Reviewer

Very useful tool to reach a wide spread of tutors while providing peace of mind as the background work is already done, i.e. qualifications and reference checks. The provision of references also helps narrow down the suitability of the tutor to facilitate the most appropriate fit. I needed a tutor urgently for my daughter when circumstances led her teacher to resign quite suddenly just a few weeks before the exams. I was well served by First Tutors organising a tutor within 2 days.
Lauretta G
Verified Reviewer

Recommended, more reliable, and easy to navigate, with very helpful symbols next to each tutor, a selection of suitable tutors, and good support.
Saifali T
Verified Reviewer

Very happy I learnt more in my first lesson then what I was taught in a whole year at school.
Gulzar J
Verified Reviewer

We have 3 different tutors for our son as he is sitting his gcse this year.... all of them are excellent.
Thanks
Carla S
Verified Reviewer

I found the site easy to use and quickly found what I was looking for .
Yvonne S
Verified Reviewer

I found this site very helpful indeed when looking an instructor for my child. It let me get in touch with several people and it was just down to me to pick with one.
The process of contacting them and setting up a day and time was very straight forward.
Steve G
Verified Reviewer

Great teacher, patient and very knowledgeable. Helped my daughter through a difficult period that she never could have managed alone. Well done!
Lavinia V
Verified Reviewer

Excellent, efficient service to find the right tutor!
Irina V
Verified Reviewer

Quick turn-around and a reasonably good selection of tutors, but very expensive at £24.99 for the tutor clearance, considering the tutor is already registered and has been vetted before.
Thomas O
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to use - tutors got in touch quickly
Lee G
Verified Reviewer

Becky is great, came on time, knows the material, wonderful communicator. We already schedule for more meeting with her.
Cassie D
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors have been very helpful in finding my perfect tutor. The process in which you contact and make arrangments with your tutor is extremely safe and efficient. First Tutors do their very best to provide clients with excellent knowledgeable tutors. I am very glad I came across this site.
Gemma P
Verified Reviewer

Very organised. Janet arrived promptly and quickly assessed the areas our daughter needed to focus on. She was knowledgeable and offered useful advice for tackling exam questions. She made our daughter feel more confident about her coming exams.
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,012 reviews