First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
I recently decided that my son who was in Yr 9, needed some support with his maths work. I asked a colleague who I knew did some tutoring of KS1 and KS2 children what agency she was with and she told me she was with First Tutors. Having looked up First Tutors I was impressed with the large selection of tutors available. I registered an interest in 5 tutors, and was surprised that all responded so quickly, some within a couple of hours. I selected a tutor for a trial session a couple of days later. The first session was very positive, with my son gaining in confidence during the session. I am very happy with First Tutors and have now booked for regular sessions. Hopefully my son's confidence and subsequent results continue to improve!
Very quick to respond and help you find a tutor
Excellent service and have found a tutor very quickly
Excellent source of responsive tutors who came back to me very quickly
Desperately wanted a tutor close to our home for A level chemistry. First tutors was quick and easy and found 2 matches for me to choose from.
I would definitely recommend the site to find tutors in your area.
Helped me source the best tutor for my son. Very pleased with the whole process. Would recommend.
Good range of teachers. Plenty of choice. and support if needed
Very efficient and website is easy to get around and very organised.
Excellent service and were very happy with the result.
My daughter was pleased after the Mandarin lesson; she enjoyed it! The tutor is excellent and friendly with a great approach! Highly recommended
The administration of First Tutors is very efficient and easy to follow. With regards to my chosen Tutor ( Hannah Lee-Bolton) the calibre of tuition was excellent and her style of gently probing my daughter for comments worked very well and my daughter gained a lot from the session.
Reading reviews and background helped us find a great local tutor. Excellent
communication from First Tutors and support if needed.
Very happy with your service.Thank you!
really good, finding a tutor is easy
Karen was my grinds tutor to assist with my leaving certificate music. I found Karen to be very approachable, friendly, efficient and professional. I feel that Karen's style of teaching was very clear and understandable. I feel that Karen is extremely helpful and would definitely recommend her as a tutor.
Definitely recommend this site to find a suitable tutor in any discipline. It is user friendly, tailored to individual needs and turn around time is superb.
I highly recommend First Tutors, they were able to link me to various tutors that had the knowledge in proof reading for University assignments. I got a brilliant tutors from them Fouzia Choundry who helped me a great deal with my assignment to bring it to standard. I also got the response within 24hrs and was able to get tutorials done within 24hrs too.
I couldn’t find a piano teacher so reluctantly subscribed to this “find a tutor “ site. Really well worth the money -( not very much). You can read all about the tutor, see a photo of them and read reviews. You can contact them via the site and decide if they are right for you. I have had a very successful outcome. All really helpful.
Easy to navigate site, very efficient, excellent range tutors.
This is the second time that we have engaged the help of First Tutors for our son and on both occasions we have found to be very sucessful and a simple process.

I would recommend FT, they take the worry out of finding someone trustworthy to support your child and highly skilled
When I looking for a tutor for my children first thing in My mind would be First tutor as this website provide Tutor qualifications, reviews from parents and students and Especially pictures of them. Of course sometime you can’t find the right tutor you looking for at first time but no worried First tutor never left us behind,I find out that they have a team that help to solve my problem step by step, friendly, and patient, and accurate, many thanks to First tutor my chosen didn’t finish yet but I feel very secure and supportive here and will recommend First tutor to all friend and family many thanks to First tutor and everyone in the team. Without this website all parents could be at risk looking for a tutor on the free website where it is insecure and no support especially when you have them in your place.
Kind regards