First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
A little bit confusing on how to arrange to meet the tutor BEFORE you sign them up and start paying them.
Dear Helen,
We are sorry to hear you found the site navigation a little confusing. We aim to make our service as user-friendly as possible. We do have a customer support team, working 7 days a week to help answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to use the 'contact us' button to forward your feedback and we will do our best to make the necessary improvements. Wishing you the best of luck with your tutor.
First Tutors
Overpriced just to get a contact detail of a tutor!
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel our introduction fee is too expensive. The introduction fee covers not only the contact details of the tutor but also security checks and safety on the site to ensure peace of mind to students and their parents.

If we can be of any further help please do contact Customer Service.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
It was far too expensive to release the details
Dear Bethany, Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry you feel our introduction fee is too expensive. Our fees help cover the cost of identity and reference checking on all of our tutors. This offers peace of mind to our customers. Some agencies charge an additional £10 for every hour a tutor teaches, but with First Tutors there are no additional agency fees or hidden costs. If you have any further questions, please click 'contact us' at the bottom of the website and we will be happy to help. Kind regards, Sarah Customer Service Team First Tutors
I liked the formal process in place to establish contact with a tutor. However, after paying $10 as initiation fee and then meeting with the tutor, we have been very disappointed with the end result. In speaking with the tutor, we were not certain that he knew Calculus for Grade 12 and he kind of alluded to it. However, he promised to review my daughter's test result and then set up time. After reviewing the test result, he believes he cannot even make 2 hours a week. This tutor works full time and then also studies. Now, we have lost 10 precious days and are again looking for another tutor who knows the subject.
Dear Pervez,

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment and it is our intention to investigate this and call the tutor to account. Sadly, as we had not heard from you we have been unable to help. I have sent you an email with instructions on how to leave feedback for your tutor with the option of choosing a replacement tutor at no further cost.

First Tutors
Excellent service..... easy to navigate and both tutors had excellent credentials.
Good job, we'll done and thank you for the help.
Brilliant website. Simple to use. Found a suitable tutor within 48 hours.
Really efficient service. I was able to find 2 tutors very quickly.
I recently used first tutors to find a suitable science tutor for my son. I found the site relatively easy to navigate with a good choice of tutors and have now successfully found a tutor for my son.
The site was easy to follow and gave a good list of teachers in my area. It gave a very good description of each teachers qualifications.
Would recommend.
Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going.
After initial contact with her I indicated that I would prefer that the tutor travel to us for each lesson. She understood my requirement and we set up a date for the first lesson. I sent her an email two days before the first lesson and asking if she is still happy to go ahead with the lesson, she was happy to come to our address for the first lesson.
The first lesson was 7pm on Thursday night, she did not show up and send me a text message 8pm that she could not find my address and she would not be able to travel to me.
Dear Rosita

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your tutor let you down but can see you didn't contact us to let us know you were experiencing problems. We do have a specific procedure to follow when this happens which entails leaving feedback on the tutor's profile so that you can claim another tutor at no further cost. I have now sent you an email explaining how to do so.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
Terrible site functionality. Not sure who designed it but usability and user experience was not at the forefront of their design.
I used this site because I had to and did not find it a good experience at all.
I was unable to reply to tutors after they messaged me.
I would rather use tutors on Gumtree.
Dear Belinda,
We are sorry to hear about this. We aim to make our site as user friendly as possible and would be willing to discuss potential improvements with you. With regard to our fees, these help cover the cost of our identity and reference checks on all of our tutors. Unlike free services, First Tutors do checks on all registered tutors to ensure their suitability with working with adults and young children. Our users seem to appreciate the extra security measures put in place. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

First Tutors
Easy to find a local tutor in the given subject and level
Very quick and efficient. easy to use the sight and a good selection of Tutors available with reviews.
My first lesson with Claire was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it, I highly recommend her. She is confident, bubbly and I saw the drive she has in teaching. Learnt some great vocabulary. Looking forward to my next lesson.
Easy and efficient service with good response from tutors
Excellent service. Easy to use. Would highly recommend.
User friendly and outstanding service provider...
Dear Sola,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding our service. Wishing you the best of luck with your tuition arrangement.

First Tutors.
Very pleased with FirstTutor's, easy to use website which introduced me to Anne who is a fantastic and friendly French tutor. Looking forward to finally getting there!
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,405 reviews