First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

"Very impressed with First tutors, very easy to use the site, lots of choice & information on the tutors too. Would definitely recommend First Tutors."
"First Tutors found me a bass guitar teacher within a reasonable geographic radius of where I live - out in the sticks. The information provided about the teacher was enough for me to make my decision about whether to make contact and the introductory fee £7.99 seemed reasonable for the service provided. The only thing I would say is that the email template that pops up when you decide to make contact suggests that you're signing up for a fixed period which nearly put me off as I wanted a trial lesson and then decide whether to take things further. However once we made contact the teacher was as flexible as I could have hoped."
"Easy to use, got in contact with a good local tutor that met our requirements nicely"
"Friendly, competent and intelligent, Meghan has a real ability to quickly understand her student and then tailor each session to their learning style. I have seen evidence that she would be able to teach across a wide diaspora of learning styles and abilities and therefore recommend her to anyone looking to improve their understand of maths, no matter what their end state."
"The problem is you have to pay to get the tutor details and then if that tutor is not suitable it is wasted money. I think you should pay a fee when you have found a suitable tutor. I won't use this service again as I may end up pay over and over before finding the right tutor."
Dear Nathalie,

Thank you for your feedback. If you find that your new tutor is not suitable, we just ask you to contact Customer Support, leave feedback for your tutor explaining why you are not proceeding with tuition, and then you can find a further tutor at no further cost. I can see that you haven't contacted us indicating a problem with your tutor, so I will send you an email now to see how we can help you.

Kind regards,

Christine
Customer Support
First Tutors
"I am always happy with the tutors I find on the site. The only suggestion I can make to make it "very good" as opposed to "Good" would be the way to look for tutors we should be able to select a price range in the search. This would make it a lot easier. Many thanks."
"We wanted to find a personal tutor when our son began to struggle with A Level Chemistry. We asked at his 6th Form college but no one could recommend. We didn't really know where to start but then discovered First Tutors on line and thankfully located someone in our locality that could help. I wasn't really sure what I was expecting but we got swift responses and are now in touch with a tutor and hoping this will lead to regular sessions for my son to regain his confidence."
"I have used First Tutors for my son who is taking his A levels. The tutors we have used, Gemma for maths and Tom for physics are both brilliant. My son has developed his understanding and gained confidence."
"Very quick response and great options of tutors"
"My daughter found Alex’s lessons extremely useful and he explains clearly. Thank you"
"East to find tutor Good to know how much is the lesson"
"After two attempted meetings set with LD tutors, neither showed up. Very disappointing."
Dear Christine,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you tutors haven't turned up. This is not the standard we would expect. I can see you have contacted customer service about the first one and we have just emailed you regarding the second one.

If we can be of any further help or you have additional queries, do let us know.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
"Very useful system. The initial fee is a little unclear."
"Very easy to use, quick with a wide selection of tutors. Many thanks"
"Very clear, easy to use site and found a great local tutor."
"Charlotte is amazing, quickly assessing our abilities and encouraging us. We are all looking forward to our next lesson."
"I would like to recommend Richard Hanlon who has been teaching my son, John, A level psychology. My son has grown in confidence and says he will sit the exam next week with confidence now. Richard has not only made this subject interesting but also gives tips on exam skills and exam and revision techniques. He is quite simply an expert tutor. Thank you Richard so much for all your expertise."
"Easy to use. I have tried other tutor websites and found First Tutors to be the most user friendly."
"good response"
"Efficient service which enabled me to quickly find a tutor for my child."
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 4,743 reviews