First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Peter J
Verified Reviewer

The process of finding and selecting tutors was quick and easy.
Katalin B
Verified Reviewer

It was really easy to use First Tutors, I found the closest and hopefully the best tutor. I am highly recommend First Tutors. Thank you
Margaret B
Verified Reviewer

I was looking for a tutor in Japanese, as our local college cannot help. I found quite a few tutors on First Tutors who looked eminently suitable, and have selected one. Everything has gone very smoothly and I'd recommend this service. Obviously you have to make your own choice about which tutor you personally like the look of, but I found that there was plenty to choose from.
Shan M
Verified Reviewer

The information about tutors is clear and helpful. There are plenty to choose so I was able to make a shortlist without trouble. The site recommends sending messages to at least four which from my experience in the past elsewhere, is sensible and welcome advice.
The system to pay for access to tutor contact details is inexpensive straightforward. I liked it very much that I pay one small fee and then I am free to work with the tutor as I wish. I don't have to keep getting permits which some sites do. I don't have to sign up and pay a monthly sub. Just one small payment for the tutor I wanted and that's that.
There is a useful addition to the usual tutor information. It tells you how fast the tutor normally responds to an enquiry. Many tutors are annoyingly slow so this is very welcome.
They have the usual system of detecting certain words in messages which are moderated. One of my messages triggered this because I mentioned a coffee house to meet for the first tome. This flagged up possible advertising. I liked the moderation response which was polite and carefully explained. It was also very quick so my message was hardly delayed at all.

All together I found this site gave me thorough, careful information, and I was treated with courtesy and professionalism. I have used a number of tutoring sites in the past and this one is better than the others in many small ways that really make a difference.
Nigel S
Verified Reviewer

All very straightforward and easy to use. Found a local tutor very easily. Very happy.
Sarah C
Verified Reviewer

I think the site is easy to use, we are very happy with the tutor. Only complaint is the fee of 19.99 pricey as a finders fee.
Mona A
Verified Reviewer

The site was easy to use and navigate. Tutors reply quite fast to questions and queries. Over all we are happy that we found this site.
Marcella H
Verified Reviewer

I found the First Tutors website a little out of date to use compared to online shopping websites. For example navigation. However the steps to contacting tutors worked well eg sending and receiving enquiries. Also, once I had found a tutor, the website payment system was quick and releasing the tutor's details was immediate.
Dear Marcella,

Thank you for your feedback. I shall pass this on to our IT department. We are currently in the process of updating the site so hopefully it will be looking much better soon.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Michelle U
Verified Reviewer

The platform was responsive and quick. The postcode facility for NZ does not work and that made it difficult to use as the site kept asking for a correct postcode but didn't recognise the correct postcode.
Liam C
Verified Reviewer

not a fan they charge way too much under the pretence that your actually paying for grinds
Thank you for your feedback. It is free to contact as many tutors as you wish on our website to discuss all tuition needs. Only if/when you decide to go ahead with a tutor do we charge an intro fee which helps cover the costs of ID checks, reference collection, qualification checks, etc. Tutor profiles also have verified feedback from previous First Tutor clients. If you have any problems with your tutor please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.

Kind regards
Sarah

First Tutors
Customer Support
Lesley H
Verified Reviewer

I was nervous about committing to payment (introduction fee) through an online agency but need not have worried as I had enough information to know how local my tutor was and, as soon as I paid the introduction fee, I had full access to my tutor's contact details and was able to establish a rapport immediately.
Jayne H
Verified Reviewer

I found the site easy to view and found a qualified tutor for the language I wanted to learn with good reviews. It was easy to get in touch with her and have my first lesson.
Sally W
Verified Reviewer

I found the website an excellent resource having a variety of tutors all in one place
Vera A
Verified Reviewer

I found that using First Tutors was a very good experience. Professional and responsive.
Lois S
Verified Reviewer

Quick and efficient service with helpful profiles and previous customer comments to guide you. Easy to exchange messages with your chosen tutor...now looking forward to meeting up.
Monica K
Verified Reviewer

Hi I have been happy with first tutors with a
good response.
Helen F
Verified Reviewer

The system on the whole is quite straightforward and gives you the opportunity to look around and see what best suits you.
Emmanuelle B
Verified Reviewer

I found a tutor very quickly for my son.
Sarah P
Verified Reviewer

I would have preferred to contact the tutor directly as this is an expensive and unneccessary service.
Dear Sarah.

Kind regards
Sara
First Tutors Customer Service
Susan T
Verified Reviewer

Good resource to access local tutors
First Tutors is rated 4.62 based on 3,415 reviews