First Tutors Reviews

2,252 Reviews

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Shaun H

Very quick to ask for £25, but not happy with the rest of the service,
Dear Shaun,

Thank you for your feedback. Our introductory fee helps cover the costs of our identity and reference checks, qualification checks, etc and is linked to the price a tutor charges per hour. We are sorry you felt pressure to pay the £24.99 fee. We always suggest that you thoroughly discuss all tuition requirements with prospective tutors prior to payment to ensure they are a good match. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to email us.

Kind regards,
Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Marie A
Verified Reviewer

This is my second tutor I have booked via First Tutors.
Both tutors ( music and English language) are excellent.
So glad the site exists.
Cora H
Verified Reviewer

My daughter has had 2 sessions with Gary and her confidence alone has improved 100% . Gary is giving her the belief that come May she will be ready for her exams . He's a good tutor but also a very nice man
Tony H
Verified Reviewer

The website is very straightforward to use and it's easy to find a tutor to match your needs.
Alida V
Verified Reviewer

Just started having a maths tutor for my daughter yo help with GSCE exams and she is really enjoying it. Mike is great and my daughter really likes him and is really interested in the lessons. She has only just started but I am hoping it helps her to get a better understanding and higher grade than her school teacher expects.
Julie J

Excellent service and found a tutor within 48hrs , thanks
Murphy T
Verified Reviewer

The site was easy to navigate, and everything was explained well.
Timothy C
Verified Reviewer

Very pleased with service and would recommend
Coleman C
Verified Reviewer

We were looking for a tutor to help prepare our granddaughter for her sats.
I found this site and very quickly found help from a tutor who was very qualified and near to her home.
The tutor quickly instilled confidence in my granddaughter with the first introductory meeting and we feel confident that with their help my granddaughter will get the help she needs.
Keven W
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors is good. A bit costly, but maybe I'm just used to so many things being free on the Internet today. It's a good, seriious site as far as I can see.
Thenks,
Keven
Robert S
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple.
Thank you.
Jon W
Verified Reviewer

Service straight forward and easy to understand. Opportunity to ask questions to potential tutors helped clarify best match for our requirement. Happy with outcome.
Asmaa N
Verified Reviewer

I am very happy so far with everything especially the level of professionalism shown and I can not wait to have you tutoring my son.
Asmaa N
Verified Reviewer

she has not been replying to my emails at all and I cant get in touch with her. very disappointed
Dear Asmaa,
We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment. It is our intention to investigate this and call the tutor to account, sadly as we have not heard from you regarding your problem we were unable to help. I have sent you an email with instructions on how to choose another tutor at no further cost.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Josephine F
Verified Reviewer

Very easy website to use. Doesn't bombard one with messages as soon as one makes an enquiry
Tracey K
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to find a tutor and communication was instant.
Lucy S
Verified Reviewer

I found the website difficult to use in order to contact them but easy to find tutors locally and references and safety checks are done. I found this by chance but would recommend to others
Dear Lucy,
I'm sorry to hear you had issues navigating the message system. We aim to make our service as user friendly as possible and have recently made some changes to the site layout/navigation to help make the process easier for all of our users. We do have a Customer Support team working 7 days a week to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Wishing you the best of luck with your tutor.
Kind Regards, Sarah
First Tutors Customer Service
Liz O
Verified Reviewer

Aisling exceded my expectations and my sons confidence in Spanish has greatly improved.
Laura J
Verified Reviewer

The site was very easy to look through tutors profiles and also kept information secure, on both sides. Have recommended to other parents.
Derek D
Verified Reviewer

Web site was user friendly and it was very easy to find and make contact with tutors for my chosen subjects. I would definitely recommend first tutors.
First Tutors is rated 4.65 based on 2,252 reviews