First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Chris H
Verified Reviewer

Great website that was easy to use and found me a great, enthusiast teacher that is on my wavelength of musical taste.
Kelly B
Verified Reviewer

This was a good way to find a piano tutor for our daughter. Easy to use and helpful to see other people's reviews. Her first lesson was Monday and it went really well!
Simone P
Verified Reviewer

First tutors was very helpful in finding the right tutor for my daughter. They are very accommodating and try to work around any schedule you might have .
Cory F
Verified Reviewer

My sons tutor is working out very well, and it is starting to show in his last few exams. The website however can use some work. Too many variables and “hoops “ to jump through, should be a little more simpler..... sorry.
Dear Cody,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are glad to hear you have found an excellent tutor through First Tutors.

With regards to the website and site navigation, we are always open to constructive criticism so that we can make changes and improvements to the user experience. If you would like to discuss this further with us, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind Regards,
Sarah

Cherise A
Verified Reviewer

James is punctual and very professional. My son finds his lessons extremely enjoyable and looks forward to his lessons each week. I would highly recommend James.
Hilda M
Verified Reviewer

Overall, the site was easy to use. I found other users comments helpful. However I am now going to go back to word of mouth for referrals and finding tuition as the tutor we found using the site was not up to scratch. Interesting experience but still do not have a tutor and this learning experience has cost me time and money.

Dear Hilda,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment and to hear about the issue with your tutor. As we have not heard from you regarding this we have been unable to help. Our customer support team work seven days a week to help answer any of your queries.
I have sent you an email with instructions on how to leave feedback for your tutor, and choose a replacement at no further cost.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
Customer Support
Bernice H
Verified Reviewer

First tutors had a good choice of tutors. We were able to choose a tutor that was local to us by the area map. Easy process once registered to get contact details and arrange tuition with tutor.
Dina D
Verified Reviewer

I would recommend 'First Tutors'. Easy to follow directions and a good selection of tutors.
Martine C
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use this site. We have found a lovely Maths tutor and I can already see my daughter's confidence has grown. Thank you
Eva K
Verified Reviewer

My son's confidence has got better and only being going two weeks he seems very knowledgeable professional and take his time to explain things would recomend
Gabriella V
Verified Reviewer

I used FirstTutor for the first time and I will not do it anymore. disappointed
Dear Gabriella,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our service. I can see that our customer service team have already offered you another tutor free of charge which you have accepted. If you have any further problems or queries please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
Sharon A
Verified Reviewer

Following disappointing A2 results, we decided on retakes the following June and so enrolled 2. Subject Tutors through First Tutors. The system works very well, it's essential to ask lots of questions before deciding upon the correct Tutor for you. During. the process you can choose to email First Tutors for guidance and help. It's a great service attracting top quality Tutors. Having enrolled 2 Tutors we wouldn't hesitate to reuse this service again and recommend them to you!
Michelle R
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service. Website reviews were very helpful to us when selecting a tutor & were also extremely accurate.
Jackie L
Verified Reviewer

Fast and reliable. Good service. Would recommend.
Joan N
Verified Reviewer

Quick and easy system. Simple to follow and make contact with a tutor.
Shazia S
Verified Reviewer

Finding a tutor was an easy process, and we were able to get started quickly.
Paul A
Verified Reviewer

I am very impressed with the professionalism of my tutor. The whole process has been very easy and will definitely recommend using First Tutors to anybody!

Paul Allchurch
Paul A

Sophie T
Verified Reviewer

You should state clearly from the beginning how would it cost to find a tutor.
Pierre D
Verified Reviewer

My son has had his first session with Jodie and came out smiling. He said she was really helpful and he know understands the topic he was struggling with.
First Tutors is rated 4.60 based on 3,811 reviews