First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
Very clear, Informative and easy to use. Tutors leave helpful information about themselves that help you to decide what could be right for your child or yourself. I found the website covers a wide range of tutors in the area and surrounding areas.
We used first tutors for A Level Psychology and A level Geography support. The website was clear and easy to use and, importantly, both tutors that we have since signed up with are outstanding.
A very nice gentleman, who puts you at ease. I was very apprehensive due to never having played the saxophone, but he had me playing a few cords in no time. I would certainly recommend him to anyone thinking of taking up this instrument
Good range of tutors. Tutors respond very quickly. Good description of tutors.
Quick to find a great tutor.
Very simple to use and we have found a very nice lady to teach us French. Merci
Easy to use, many tutors to choose from. Would be a five star if it was a little less pricey!
Lindsey was very helpful first lesson went very well
It found local tutors.
A quick and easy way to find a tutor in specific subject and level. It’s very helpful seeing all their details, reading reviews and messaging them to clarify any queries, before selecting one. We have found several tutors through First Tutors over the last few years, to support my children at A level and with university exam preparation, and have been very satisfied.
Heather made my first lesson on the Flute very encouraging and enjoyable. Looking forward to my next lesson.
This is the first time I have ever used a private tutor. I was very pleased with Sandra's teaching skills. She welcomed me into her home. She is very patience and very helpful. I am looking forward to my next lesson.
Great selection of tutors for all subjects.
Top quality service, strongly recommended to anyone looking to improve on subjects or modules they may experience difficulties with. It’s helped me dearly and I’m very confident it will help you too.
Excellent connection to a Tutor who meets my needs.
I really enjoyed my first lesson with Francesco, he is a great tutor with clear communication, a fun variety of activities and I'm looking forward to continuing :)
Imogen is very friendly and straight away picked out things and made small changes for child to improve within 1 lesson. Great teacher.
Found a local tutor who responded quickly and within a week, had the first session. Easy, secure communication and peace of mind going through a company who had done checks and references.
First lesson was set up really quickly and went brilliantly!
Nice friendly service quick response very useful
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 7,884 reviews