First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

"Found our tutor in one day and made contact. Very fast and efficient service and good search results. Would recommend."
"Excellent service. Great help for students and parents"
"Most tutors are uni students - so be warned they may not understand particular course specifications which can be annoying if you are trying to consolidate knowledge/receive full marks, rather than just get the right answer."
"Easy to use and effective. Recommended"
"She is good kind, explain clear, updating every class like weak and strongest part of lessons, she is totally dedicated for the subjects. I like my son learn from her. Thank you for first tutors."
"I send a few requests to your tutors I never got any reply"
We sincerely apologise that you were disappointed with First Tutors. While we understand that does not change your experience, we take your concerns seriously and want to make the situation right. Please contact our customer service team at https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/contact-us.php and we'll begin working with you to find an acceptable solution as soon as possible.
"Hmn just been reading some other negative reviews and it seems that, as an organisation, and despite taking a fee, you take no responsibility for the reliability of the tutor, seeing youselves as merely an intermediary. Unfortunately for you I am married to a lawyer. Expecting my refund."
Dear Clare,

We are very sorry that you have been let down by your tutor and we do appreciate how disappointing this is for you. A member of our Customer Services team has already contacted you by email to explain our complaints procedure, and we hope to be able to resolve this matter for you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
"I’m really not at all impressed. They charged me £19.99 for basically logging onto their website. I mean I’m sure this was displayed somewhere in the small print but clearly deliberately hidden from the average viewer. Really do not know what they did for their cash as the tutor I agreed to never even turned up. Will be asking for my money-making back. DO not use"
Dear Clare,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you missed that there is an introduction fee payable to connect with your chosen tutor. This fee is displayed on the homepage and also in the header of the request.

I am very sorry to hear that your tutor let you down. Please contact our customer service team at https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/contact-us.php and we'll begin working with you to find an acceptable solution as soon as possible. We look forward to speaking with you and again apologise that your experience has not been a positive one.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
"Dylan has been efficient and very well organised making initial contact and plans. I am sure he will be an excellent tutor."
"Really efficient, supportive, clear and professional. Really helped elevate the worry and burden I was carrying to find support for my daughter."
"Friendly , approachable, good subject knowledge. Took time to get to know my child and find out The best way to help him. Very thorough approach ."
"Excellent. Information cpear and easy to use"
"Takes the stress out of trying to find tutors in your area, having read reviews and info on tutors enables you to find best match for what you need"
"Excellent service, found a tutor within a couple of hours and started tuition within the week. Would highly recommended."
"Eilidh is fantastic she has a lovely calm manner which makes my daughter feel extremely comfortable. My daughter says tutor has explained everything in a way she understands. Daughter says in one hour she has learned and understood her subject much more than the teacher at her high school has in 4 weeks. Would highly recommend Eilidh."
"I found first Tutors very helpful and easy to access. . I would definitely recommend others for this prestigious centre."
"I think it’s a good idea but it’s bad that you have to pay to release someone’s details before you know if they are a good tutor. You don’t get much information about them up front"
Dear Christine,
We sincerely apologise that you were disappointed with First Tutors' introduction fee. We take your concerns seriously and want to make the situation right. Please contact our customer service team at https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/contact-us.php and we will be happy to clarify what the introduction fee covers.
Kind Regards,
First Tutors
"It was extremely helpful in acquiring a suitable tutor."
"I strongly recommend Jo, she is passionate about her work, has a very good teaching method, very friendly and my daughter likes her a lot."
"My daughter had a amazing time"
First Tutors is rated 4.57 based on 4,995 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!