First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
I was surprised at how easy and professional the process was. Definitely well worth the small introduction fee and would recommend to anyone looking for a tutor.
Quick and easy to find a suitable tutor
I was looking for a local singing teacher and was delighted to find someone who was very local to me via the First Tutors website. The service was quick and easy to use and is a great way of searching for tutors in the subject of your choice.
First tutors was easy to use and gave me a good selection of tutors to choose from.
We are very pleased with our first session with Jess.
Clear communication regarding availability and timing of her online session, and very skilled teaching approach.
Belinda is lovely and made our daughter feel at ease from the start. She spotted problems re. dance technique quickly and explained well changes that were needed. A very positive first lesson. Keen to continue. Thank you.
Great thanks found tutors in 2 different subjects over the last year or so. Has worked out very well, especially for knowledge in areas specific to A level tuition.
My daughter really enjoyed her lesson of English language. She is very kind and patient. I would highly recommend her.
Excellent Company. No fuss. Small finder’s fee and then no other charge. They let you just get on with it a dcontact the tutor directly.
My son has just had his first session with Karen and it was a positive experience for him. Karen was friendly and put Ethan at ease and was knowledgable in the subject area.
Finding and contacting local music teachers was made much easier. I found a local guitar teacher and start lessons very soon.
I found first tutors very easy to use.
Susanna is very friendly and helpful!
After just a couple of lessons my daughter is more confident and positive about making progress with her GCSE courses. Kathryn is good at explaining tricky topics.
first lesson, my daughter was very impressed, seemed to get a lot out of that first lesson which is great. Ken has been so so very helpful, and my daughter felt very comfortable which is a great start
Quite good; found a nice tutor through it. Good selection of tutors. Could be slightly cheaper though and the layout of the page could be more user friendly.
Excellent !!! My daughter has found her lessons with Reza incredibly helpful, working forwards her passing her GCSE Maths. Brilliant homework set and very helpfully. Very helpful and supportive.
Quick and easy way to find a music tutor.
Ready the instructions closely.
I had 5 returns within 2 hours
Easy to find a tutor, with references and experience
We have been very impressed with First Tutors. Tutors have been quick to respond to our questions and setting up sessions has been very smooth and straightforward.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,328 reviews