First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
We’ve had one lesson so far and we were very happy with the lesson. My son is looking forward to his next lesson.
My son understood his teaching and found it helpful .
It was very straightforward to use.
It is an excellent educational platform.
Hannah is a great tutor. Very thorough, professional & offered me great feedback for my personal statement (MSc Psychology).
She took the time to really understand what I needed and supported me in writing a really good statement. She is also very kind & compassionate which shown through her emails. Thank you so much Hannah for all of your help!
After poor experiences with another site, I contacted 6 potential tutors for Leaving Cert German on First Tutors. All 6 reverted back quickly and professionally. In one case our respective needs didn't match, and that's perfectly fine; the other 5 would have been good matches and responsive.
Feedback on the display on the website: there's only a limited number of tutors from your search visible. Every time I looked at a specific profile and then went back, I got back to the top of the page and had to click 'see more' repeatedly.
Once you have found the right person, you need to buy the contact details from First Tutors. That's straightforward.
The reminders and email notifications are very smooth and useful.
Was quite straightforward to use and lots of different tutors available. Also a secure system to contact tutors online.
So say to use and I’ve now found two excellent tutors via this site. Would highly recommend.
Very simple platform to use tutor responded promptly and enagaged
I am quite happy to have a tutor like Mrs Sangeeta Sharma.
I am satisfied now.
Excellent service, easy website to navigate
Its really easy to find a suitable tutor at the price you want to pay. They all seem highly qualified.
Very helpful. I enjoyed the session very much.
Easy to use. First rate tutors found, who responded quickly. Picked one and signed up for first session. So far, it's going well...
Excellent service, found a tutor quick!
Great website, I easily found tutors in my local area.
First Tutors is an excellent website. It is easy to find and I am very happy with our tutor. The site is easy to use and there is follow up after care to ensure everything is successful.
I contacted Hannah based on her credentials, experience and reviews here and my initial contact with her around tutoring for my daughter was really positive. Hannah asked questions about my daughter's course and our expectations responding swiftly and even providing material ahead of the first session.

More importantly, my daughter who is studying Biology at A level really enjoyed her first session with Hannah even though she found it challenging and commented that Hannah put her on the spot and made her really think. She is looking forward to her next session and is relieved to have found a tutor who can support her and who she enjoys working with.

Really encouraging start and very relieved that Hannah was available to start.
Stephen is great! He has done a first session with my son and he said how knowledgable he was as a tutor
Dareen is amazing an tutor very good knowledge and great teaching methods
Highly recommend