First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy

"Thankyou for your help. Very professional."
"It was very easy to arrange"
"Rebekah was very quick to respond and I was able to take my daughter to see her for maths tuition a few days later. She assessed my daughter to work out her needs then proposed a plan. She also made my daughter feel very welcome in her home."
"After just one hour with Kerry she was able to identify Lewis way of learning & put some stratigies in place which I’m sure will help Lewis immensely with his English."
"She is very good,my daughter understood the content after the first lesson"
"Quick straightforward system to use, with no problems."
"I’m very happy with the tutor I chose for my daughter. Her name is Tiffany Moss. I’m glad to say my daughter passed though we had a few sessions with Tiffany. My daughter says she explains concepts step by step in a manner that she understands. I have already recommended her and first tutors to some of my friends and colleagues. I was really frustrated and had very little hope that she will pass Maths this year. Thank you very much"
"Unfortunately Annabelle will not be tutoring y son our schedules didn't coincide but she was really professional and resourceful."
"Helped to find tutors close to me who teach the topic you need"
"The tutor i find is very good and know what is is teacher and is hard to see professional English teacher, but i a happy i use tutor first."
"Rosa is very friendly had a good lesson"
"Found the perfect tutor for my son.. a very good site"
"All worked well with no problems, thanks"
"I liked Scott from the start he asked me what I wanted to get from our meetings and tailored his tuition to my requirements. I came away with increased knowledge and new guitar skills."
"The tutor was excellent but the system is inflexible and frustrating. The first contact is by automated email so you cannot state your actual instrument, availability or and special needs or requirements. This wastes everyone's time."
Dear Hannah,

Thank you for your feedback which I will forward to our team. We are always finding ways of improving the user experience so your input is certainly valuable to us.
I am happy to hear you found an excellent tutor and hope you will consider using First Tutors again.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Services Team
First Tutors.
"Meiyun was very professional and approached her role as tutor very seriously. We will definitely be continuing with her services."
"Bryan is excellent!!! Very relatable instills total confidence, highly recommended"
"I'm very happy with the tutor I eventually found but I'm disappointed about the others that didn't bother to reply after an initial conversation about availability. I wasted a lot of time with the unreliable tutors and after this happened three times I nearly gave up."
Dear Angela,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that several of the tutors you contacted didn't get back to you. We do alert all tutors to every message you send and deactivate those that don't respond so only the most responsive are left on the site. I shall look into the tutors you contacted and ensure they know our procedure going forth. If you have any further queries or problems do let us know and we wish you the best of luck with the tutor you have chosen.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
First Tutors
"Easy way to find and contact a tutor. The fee seems to be on a sliding scale - not sure why that should be..."
"Helpful and easy to look for tutors."
First Tutors is rated 4.56 based on 5,402 reviews