First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Debbie B
Verified Reviewer

Excellent tuition on technique. I left being able to belt a high note on my break which was what I wanted. Very personable tutor. Would be even better if she was a pianist.
Jackie H
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use site and we found a tutor quickly. Very professional.
Luisa A
Verified Reviewer

My experience has been very good , prompt quick response
Nati A
Verified Reviewer

Very useful website with thorough descriptions of tutors and easy communication with them.
Andrew T
Verified Reviewer

Looking for a music teacher came across first tutors, gave me a few options and I chose one who looks right for me.
Adam S
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors is a good marketplace for tuition that charges sensibly (for introductions only) and carries a broad range of experienced tutors and provides comprehensive information about them. We are very happy with the tutors we found on it. It doesn't get five stars because the website requires you to create a new log-in for every subject (e.g. music, or art or academic), effectively turning each one into a separate website, which is ridiculous and a pain in the ***.
Noirin E
Verified Reviewer

Prompt Efficient way of finding a suitable tutor. It felt safe and confidential throughout the process.
Michele C
Verified Reviewer

Relatively easy site to use to find a tutor in our area. Not initially obvious what the cost of engaging a tutor would be. Had to register first. Felt a little wary about providing personal details before we decided to go ahead and engage a tutor.
Lisa T
Verified Reviewer

quick, easy and cheap way to find a tutor for my daughter.
Louise W
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to use, able to communicate with numerous tutors before committing to work with someone.
Lorna H
Verified Reviewer

Very easy site to use. Put a request out for 2 tutors and had virtually instant contact. Now have the 2 subject tutors I need for my son with lessons already started. Very happy.
Helle T
Verified Reviewer

Reliable, present and well prepared 😊
Jackie B
Verified Reviewer

First impressions very good. My son taken to his style and thoroughness. High hopes
Linzy H
Verified Reviewer

I have found the experience so easy and felt safe knowing I could search for a reliable tutor. It was so simple not as complicated as I thought it would be, we now have an amazing tutor who is brilliant with my son, we are so happy with the outcome.
Deborah B
Verified Reviewer

I found the website a very useful easy to use tool in my search to find a Japanese teacher.
Donna M
Verified Reviewer

This site is very easy and simple to use, I was a bit worried about meeting someone from the site, but they do all their background investigations and you know that you are very secure. The layout of the site is very easy to use and they always make sure that they follow you through your beginning journey with your new Tutor. This is the second time I have used first tutors my daughter has an English Tutor and I would highly recommend using them. You wont regret it.
Peter L
Verified Reviewer

Very friendly and relaxed. Ed is a natural and enthusiastic teacher. Looking forward to working with Ed.
Tobie C
Verified Reviewer

Pathetic does not describe the service. I interacted with a tutor, Caitlin Black, should be visible on your site, once we discussed my child's needs she agreed to tutoring him. I went ahead and paid the "fee" to get her details. We then started communicating via whatsapp, we setup a meeting for Tuesday this week, 15:00. On Tuesday at approximately 15:15 I messaged Caitlin to inquire about her whereabouts, I was told that she forgot about the appointment and requested we move it to Thursday (yesterday) 15:00. I agreed even though it meant I would again have to make special arrangements to make it happen. Yesterday (Thursday) at 15:05 I again sent a message inquiring whether she needed directions, her response "I am on my way", less than 5 minutes later she asked me how far it was from her suburb to mine? Confused about such a question I responded with an approximate distance of 20km. She then responded saying that she would only get to my place at 15:30, by 15:40 I received a voice message saying that the traffic is hectic and that she would no longer be coming! At this point besides being upset and disappointed I kept calm and asked whether she is still interested in rendering the service as the matter is of utmost importance to us. She failed to respond at 19:07 I again sent her a message reiterating the importance of the service to us to which she responded that she will no longer be in a position to render the service due to the distance and offered Skype as an alternative.
If this is the level of the tutors provided by First Tutors well then you are just conning people out of their hard earned money for contact numbers that do not deliver. I for one would like a refund and cannot see myself working with a company such as this, I have lost three weeks in which I could have sourced an alternative tutor for my son.
The messages as referred to above are available on my phone for viewing.
I will be sharing my experience on social media.
Dear Tobie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are terribly disappointed to hear your tutor has treated you this way and will conduct a full investigation into their conduct. I can see you haven't contacted our Customer Service team to make a complaint. We do have a set procedure when a tutor lets someone down, and I have emailed you the details of this.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Juliet M
Verified Reviewer

Brilliant! The most useful tool when you need a tutor. Service is excellent.
Can only highly recommend First Tutors.
David L
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors did what they say.
Quick. Easy & connected me with a quality Tutor.
Highly recommended by me.
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,153 reviews