First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

"An excellent tutor with great resources and very helpful."
"I have found the best for me in the town :)"
"Easy-to-use site. The information provided enabled me to find exactly the tutor I wanted and to get in touch more or less immediately."
"Samuel settled my very often shy daughter very quickly and easily and made her feel very comfortable around him. He was really encouraging and taught in a fun way. She is really keen to see him again."
"easy to use, quick response, able to meet my specific needs of location, skill, teaching ability, price, timetable, able to cope with my stroppy teenager"
"Great and easy to use. Can find the subject and tutor that fits your required really well."
"First lesson went well. my daughter enjoyed his teaching . He came on time and helped us fixed our cello before he began the lesson which was thoughtful."
"Found it really easy to search for the kind of tutor I wanted and view profiles. Communicating was also really easy although only the first email I received to tell me I had a message had a link to the conversation."
"1st apptmt Adam Richards. My 17 year old said vert worthwhile."
"I found the site relatively straight forward to use and quickly found a tutor in my area and have had my first two sessions already."
"Marie is a very passionate, patient and enthusiastic violinist. Marie found ways to explain where I need to work on, how and what it takes to become a professional violinist. I absolutely love the way she notices when I do something incorrectly, however what I love even more she knows precisely how I can correct it. She is the only tutor on this website that I get lesson from and I know I don't need anyone else's supervision as she is the one that completely gets my playing and technique. I love her enthusiasm and optimism. I can clearly see that she received her lessons from the best professionals out there."
"Nice site however wasnt clear as to how to accept a tutors request to start with."
"First Tutors was simple, professional, and efficient. My daughter was working with a tutor one day after I discovered their site!"
"This was my first lesson with Marianna. Very welcoming and put me at ease. I look forward to my second lesson."
"Tamsin made my daughter extremely welcome. My daughter thought she was absolutely amazing and after just one tuition they have a plan and structure in place that makes perfect sense to my daughter and she cannot wait for her next lesson. Thank you so much. Best wishes, Sarah Greaves"
"I received the referral within few hours and successfully hired a qualified tutor. Thank you for the prompt response."
"Okay I want to find a way to circle back. The tutor I got didn’t work out on 2 counts, not available sept oct and not a match for my learning style. I did have one session. Would you let me choose alternate tutor for the finders fee I paid ?"
"She is very kindly. I understood English grammer easier. Thank you."
"I liked this site. It was simple to use. It gave me a choice of tutors and told me a little about them. It also told me the price per hour that they charged and how they worked so that I was able to choose someone that I thought would be good and who lived near me."
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 4,800 reviews