First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Michelle M
Verified Reviewer

It is relatively easy to use and I would use it again.
Maqboul A
Verified Reviewer

Would never recommend neither the website or the writer.
The "referees" rated the tutor professional, however he is everything but professional.
+has a good knowledge of the the subject
-he doesn't teach! Always changing session time! I had to BUY his details so then i can have ONLY ONE HOUR. The tutor then schedualed the next day (didnt show up ofcourse) then schedualed two days after and didnt show up neither.
I am asking you (website) to refund the money i paid buying his details based on the false information provided about the tutor.

Thanks
Dear Maqboul,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your tutor. I see that you haven't contacted us about this so we were unable to help earlier. We do have a set procedure to follow when a tutor lets you down in some way which entails leaving feedback on the tutor's profile so that we can investigate what happened and offer you another tutor free of charge. I will email you now to explain.

Kind regards
Sara
First Tutors.
Roslyn M
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service and value for money.

Violet T
Verified Reviewer

The help offered was amazing. Thank you
Jean F
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use site. Offered sufficient detail of teachers to make initial selection within the vicinity required.
Andrew T
Verified Reviewer

It took us a while to realise that we could clarify charges etc. with the tutor before booking, as it looked like we had to pay First Tutors first, and then make contact. I think this could be made clearer, as we very nearly didn't take it any further.
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your very valuable feedback which I will forward to our team.

Wishing you the best of luck with your tutor. If you have any problems please don't hesitate to contact us via email, we are a friendly team always eager to help!

Kind regards
Sara
First Tutors.
Susan C
Verified Reviewer

A really excellent service! We found the right tutor for my son, very quickly and easily!
Suzanna G
Verified Reviewer

Prompt respinse and very friendly. My lesson is next week. Would recomend this service.
Claire P
Verified Reviewer

Good range of tutors across subjects and sites. Quick and easy to get details.
Appeared to be some glitches in site when accessed via mobile phone ( wouldn't add multiple tutors to list)
Vivienne B
Verified Reviewer

Being new to First Tutors I was pleased to have a quick response from them when I had questions about the system. I did find it difficult to know how to send enquiries off to the four initial potential tutors - wasn't clear to me that you had to do them individually - but once that was established - all was straightforward. However, it is a very helpful platform to find music teachers - so thank you.
Peter H
Verified Reviewer

After a long holiday visiting Central America and some of the Caribbean, I realised for the first time how prevalent and widely-used the Spanish language was. It made me decide to see if I could learn enough of it to be able to get by as a tourist - our return route included a short visit to El Ferrol in Galicia (Spain), and I realised the country of Spain was within driving distance, if I decided to take a holiday there (I never have, in all my life, and I think I've missed out, somewhat). I've always believed that if one is visiting a foreign country for any length of time, life is better if one can speak at least some of the language.
And so, on my return home, I searched the internet for teachers of Spanish near where I live. First Tutors:Languages had teachers of Spanish in my part of England. It was very easy to select one or more, read their language CVs and other information, including References and whether DBS/CRB checked, about them, The website makes contacting tutors easy, and for a small fee, you can purchase the contact details (address, email, phone number) of your preferred tutor. Thereafter, your meetings and timetable are arranged between the two of you.
In summary, First Tutors:Languages provided what I wanted, and their website was easy to use.
Zuhaib A
Verified Reviewer

Very efficient and reliable service, and very quick response on inquiries.
Patricia B
Verified Reviewer

Overall a good experience, I quickly found a tutor. I had contacted two tutors and was disappointed after choosing the one I did that I could no longer contact the other one to give my thanks for his interest.
Marion A
Verified Reviewer

This is the first time I have looked for a tutor for my son so I wasn't sure what to expect. There weren't very many maths tutors available in my area and I didn't really want to have to take him to Glasgow on a weekly basis so we settled on one 12 miles away. I chose First Tutors based on previous reviews and the fact that all of the tutors seem to have to go through a checking process which is great. The pricing seems reasonable as well as I have been quoted really high tuition fees from recent graduates with no or very little experience of tutoring students and no knowledge of the current curriculum. We haven't had our first session yet but hopefully it will go well.
Anna G
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use, many tutors, not too expensive
Sue J
Verified Reviewer

Overall it has been positive tho I found the site difficult to manage initially - instructions not really clear. Also I approached 2 tutors and one disappeared without comment - generally ok
Lindsay H
Verified Reviewer

I was very happy with the process of locating a tutor. The instructions were clear, communication was straightforward and the payment process was easy.
Karen H
Verified Reviewer

I found the site quite confusing to negotiate. I rang and spoke to a women who made me feel slightly stupid when l told her l was having problems understanding how to go about getting a tutor for my son. Almost gave up on the site when a polite young man named David replied and said he would tutor my son!
People who run these sites need to understand that not everyone is totally computer literate and that talking to customers in a condescending manner is very off putting...
Laura M
Verified Reviewer

Really disappointing! I made contact with the tutor I wanted to have lessons with, she agreed the time for each week and that she was available. I then paid the £14.99 to unlock her details and she messaged you say actually she couldn't be my tutor after all. First Tutors then refused to refund me and said that I could lock another tutors details instead, however there aren't anymore that I'm interested in. Huge waste of money! Use another site and don't waste the £14.99 like o did!
Dear Laura,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry there seems to have been a misunderstanding. We have a set process in place to make a complaint and can see that customer service have just emailed you to explain what to do next. We aim to investigate why your tutor let you know in full. If you have any further concerns do let us know.

Kind regards,