First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Mark C
Verified Reviewer

I Am finding I am not getting no one to respond to me also I find a lot of people are online tutors this does not help me I need help one on one in person
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that tutors aren't getting back to you. We deactivate any tutors that fail to respond in a timely manner to tutees. I have sent those that are yet to respond message to do so as soon as possible. To maximise your chances of finding a tutor we do recommend you contact as many tutors as possible in your area. Do make sure you have used the distance slider under Advanced search so only those local to you appear.

If you have any further queries or problems please do email customer service under the Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Kevin C
Verified Reviewer

I was able to find and engage a tutor who fitted my son's needs perfectly. The process was relatively quick and went smoothly. I am happy to recommend First Tutors.
Peter M
Verified Reviewer

Service was easy to use, and provided us with many options for choosing the right tutor.
Sandra M
Verified Reviewer

Since our daughter moved to Spain I have wanted to learn the Spanish language. I tried the evening classes at our local school which was good for asking directions and purchasing items but I needed to be able to hold a conversation, to be understood and more importantly to understand the answer. I have looked for a few years to try and find someone fairly close to where I live and went online to search. When I put in my postcode I was amazed to find not just one tutor near to me but several which I was thrilled about. I now have a lovely Spanish teacher and I am now on the road to learning a new language. Thank you First Tutors.
Mary D
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors to be a reliable and efficient service
Daria T
Verified Reviewer

Couldn't be happier about Shwetal teaching skills and I can see improvements on my daughter work at school.
Grahame T

Very good. Worked me hard. Just how I like it
Olaide O
Verified Reviewer

I found first tutor on search engine and I find the whole process smooth. The site is easy to use and to top it, there are quality tutors on the platform. The marketplace is amazing because so many tutors were able to contact me. I'm have no regrets using first tutor and I will definately recommend you to others. Thank you!
Hilary R
Verified Reviewer

Helpful tutor descriptions and a website which works well.
Catherine H
Verified Reviewer

Would like opportunity to leave review of tutor after a term of tutoring rather than just a couple of sessions.
Denise K
Verified Reviewer

Simple, easy to use and good information contained within.
Alan C
Verified Reviewer

I had tried to find a piano teacher without using the service, but the choice was limited and in the end didn't give me the options I wanted. Although at first I balked at the need to pay for an introduction, in the end I realised this is a small amount compared to the amount you would pay out in lessons and gave me a good set of choices of who I could choose.

The process is still slightly random because of the limitations of choosing someone from the information they provide about themselves, but in my case it seems to have worked out fine.
Suzan B
Verified Reviewer

Very quick response. We found a local tutor and had first lesson within the week. However the number of responses was slightly confusing. Overall good service.
Jennifer B
Verified Reviewer

We found this a very simple process and were introduced to a tutor that suited our needs.
Helen B
Verified Reviewer

The site was easy to use. Write up/description of tutors clear and the tutor excellent. As Lourdes has now returned to Spain will you let me know if I can be allocated a new tutor. I have had only four lessons and do not want to pay a further registration fee. Regards. Helen Byrne.
Andrea D
Verified Reviewer

I ve been agreed with Kristina as a tutor.
She was never ever available for me. She was not available in the week ends nor weekly.
I've never got a chance even to meet her.
Terrible.
Kristina is a terrible tutor,impossible to trust. I ve messaged her on Monday and 2 weeks passed she never got back to me. I want a refund.
Dear Andrea,

We are very sorry to read your feedback and it is our intention to investigate this thoroughly and call the tutor to account.

I can see that you hadn't contacted us regarding your problem so we have been unable to help. Please check your email inbox at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the matter for you.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Lisa W
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use safe and really convenient.

Quality tutors.

Meena A
Verified Reviewer

Reliable and gave adequate information about tutors.Easy to use website, hassle free.
Sam S
Verified Reviewer

System very easy to use. Assisted me in finding a tutor close to me. I can also see that the process is done in such a way that it means tutor's times are not wasted too which is another bonus.
Marilyn H
Verified Reviewer

Great website with excellent calibre tutors. Highly recommended.
First Tutors is rated 4.61 based on 3,640 reviews