First Tutors Reviews

2,526 Reviews

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Julia H
Verified Reviewer

Unfortunately having paid the introductory fee, the tutor then cancelled the arrangement and I am still waiting for First tutors to contact me regarding this.
Dear Julia,

Thank you for your feedback.

We received your email notifying us about the problem with your tutor on the 24.02.2017 at 09:47 and we responded the same date at 10:01 and again at 10:48 explaining how to leave feedback on the tutor’s profile to be able to claim another tutor at no further cost. Yet another email was sent on the 25.02.2017 at 09:10

Please could you check your spam/junk folders. We trust that you have now received our emails.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Sara J
Verified Reviewer

A very useful website which helped me to find an excellent tutor for my daughter.
Suzanne W
Verified Reviewer

Happy with choice of tutor.
A great service.
Bev T
Verified Reviewer

Extremely prompt response to our initial inquiry -with an excellent follow-up service.
Informative and easy to follow website.
We will certainly use First Tutors again in the future, should the need arise.
Thankyou
Jessie L
Verified Reviewer

For me personally, I was able to find suitable tutors (in terms of location and requirements) quite easily and quickly. Although I had to pay a (in my opinion) high introduction fee before I could exchange details with my first tutor, I will say that I feel that the benefits the tutoring will bring will outweigh the cost of the fee.
Fiona S
Verified Reviewer

This is a simple and quick way to find a tutor. In our case a delightful student to help our daughter with A level Chemistry revision.
Ivanova I
Verified Reviewer

very well organized and easy to find any information.
Selina B
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to access and use the site. Good responses from a number of tutors.
Jaqui B
Verified Reviewer

I could navigate the site easily, and found it very useful to know the rough location of the tutor as this let me work out if the arrangements could be practical. I liked having only a one-off payment with no further ties. This gave me the confidence to use the site. Althouh I did not need the backup support should my tutor not reply, it was nice to have it in place. If I need a tutor for any other subject, then I will be returning to this site.
Margot W
Verified Reviewer

It was easy to find a suitable tutor and also easy to correspond with the prospective tutor. As a result , I have now arranged weekly private lessons.
Aaron H
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to use site. Instructions clear.
Tara O
Verified Reviewer

Only our first visit but very impressed and full of confidence that Emma will be a great asset for our daughter.
Martin P
Verified Reviewer

I wanted a Spanish National to teach me Spanish and I found Daniel Perrez to be ideal. I have had only 2 lessons but so far but I am really enjoying it.
Margie O
Verified Reviewer

i found it easy to search for tutors in my area on this website and liked the summaries on the tutors from which I made my choice. Found it a little confusing knowing how to appoint a tutor and get the details but got there in the end. Was sorry I hadn't left feedback for all the tutors I had messaged to say I had found a suitable tutor and thank them for their prompt responses as I was then unable to get back to message them individually once I had appointed another tutor. I hadn't realised this would happen. Otherwise was happy with the website and service
Lindsey S
Verified Reviewer

Easy process, good communication, successful find.
Rachael D
Verified Reviewer

Great way to find a tutor with the security of knowing who you are inviting into your home. Communication was very good. Website could be a little easier to navigate, but overall a great service. When I send an email I got a response very quickly.
Nick Y
Verified Reviewer

I was very satisfied with the service
Kirsty L
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use service with a postcode finder enabling me to easily locate an Italian tutor who lives a few minutes walk from me.
Long N
Verified Reviewer

Very helpful site but the way it connects tutor and student is a bit complicated.
Joanne D
Verified Reviewer

I tried four different tutoring companies and Firsttutors was the only one with a suitable tutor in the subject we needed, so really grateful to them!
First Tutors is rated 4.65 based on 2,526 reviews