First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Claire B

Hi,

I first contacted Akulah and she said she had "quite a lot of availability at the moment" After exchanging emails we arranged for her to start last Friday. She was also keen that my daughter had two hours tuition a week for it to be worth her while. I felt that was too long and we agreed on an hour and half. She is the most expensive by a long way and felt a little pressured to agree to longer than I's actually wanted.

On Friday morning I received an email saying she was unable to make the appointment. It seems she now feels she doesn't have much availability after all and her timetable may change next year anyway...

I have now contacted Rhodri and would like to hire him but I really don't want to have to pay you again.

I feel my time has been wasted

Regards

Claire Bush
Dear Claire ,
We are very sorry to read your feedback and it is our intention to investigate this thoroughly and call the tutor to account. I can see that you hadn't contacted us regarding your problem so we have been unable to help. Please check your email inbox at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the matter for you.
Kind Regards, Sarah First Tutors Customer Service
Maria G
Verified Reviewer

It is a very clear and helpful website. It is well designed and easy to use. Definitely recommend it if someone wants to try and find local tutors.
Dean W
Verified Reviewer

Found the initial process confusing think we sorted it in the end .needs looking at it was only that the tutor knew what to do that it worked.
Gail G
Verified Reviewer

I was dreading the process of finding a tutor for my son for next year but after finding the First Tutors website I didn't look any further. It was a very easy to use site and I connected with a tutor with ease.
Elisabeth H
Verified Reviewer

It is useful to have the ability to post your requirements and have the tutors contact me. I found a good Chinese tutor from this website and I will use it again to find other tutors. But not all tutors have reviews and photos so that is the only part I was hoping to see. It will be helpful to also see the actual certificate from teacher under the teacher’s qualification for assurance.
Karen H
Verified Reviewer

Easy place to find tutors with plenty of information on each.
Michelle R
Verified Reviewer

Efficient, secure and helpful service. Very good
Jacky B
Verified Reviewer

Found a tutor very quickly Very efficient monitoring and putting in touch with tot or.
Maureen W
Verified Reviewer

Great indeed. The service is amazing and very easy to use
Jo H
Verified Reviewer

We are delighted to have been able to make contact with a truly excellent tutor through First Tutors. The process was efficient and straightforward and we would highly recommend them.
Suhad O
Verified Reviewer

He is extant. My son like the way he teach
Ken R
Verified Reviewer

People come to learn Tutors. your web makes it that we have to learn your navigation first . Only people who benefits are those desperate Parents. I can guess why you are doing it . But you should improve the navigation to suit adults too, they are at least 45 % , Besides you can't quantify people who gave up. I spent at least 3 hours trying to employ Jogesh
He never returned my text he is a 5* tutor As an adult I would have paid a £10 charge to phone support than wasting 3 hours and no return for that. As business person it it not what you get out of your service it not what you give it is also what
you cost to the customer who waste time and do not get paid for it. Same story when I try to get next tutor. Thanks
Regards ,Ken Rajah , ps. For your website You need for someone good on PHP and interactive design Microsoft give a free
software for interactive web design as education charity. Ken Rajah
Dear Ken,

I am sorry to read about your feedback. I can see that a customer support team member has already been in contact with you , informing you of how to leave feedback and choose a replacement tutor at no further cost.

We aim to make our website as user friendly as possible and are happy to listen to your feedback regarding user experience so that we can improve the service we provide.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
First Tutors
Dela F
Verified Reviewer

Excellent, very approachable, got both my sons doing non-verbal reasoning tests...
Trish T
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors offered me a choice of tutors in my area. Once signed up, my first meeting centred on my needs as a student and I am looking forward to my next session.
Trish T

Yemi T
Verified Reviewer

Thank you First Tutors for providing tutors with great track records for us to choose from. We were provided with the right information which enabled us to select the right tutor for our son.
Anna R
Verified Reviewer

Very quick and efficient site to use and tutor came back very quickly
Helen F
Verified Reviewer

I have now used First Tutors a second time for my daughter. I have been delighted with both tutors I've found for her. The fee is reasonable, the skype lesson is very efficient; the second tutor is local and comes to the house which is wonderful. The price charged per lesson is also just right for me and my daughter enjoys her lessons.
My only problem has been with confusion using the site to find the second tutor: as it was for a different subject, I didn't understand that it seems like the same site but it's a kind of "sister site" which made logging on often very confusing. I never quite understood the issue or if I needed a new log-in etc, and I always managed to log on in the end but it took longer. Overall I am very happy indeed with the system
Karen C
Verified Reviewer

excellent first lesson. Can't wait for my second lesson. As a beginner found my Tutor Stephania very easy to work with and explains the whole lesson at my level. Thank you
Phil T
Verified Reviewer

Brilliant lesson given by an excellent tutor. I learnt so much it was incredible. Can't wait for another lesson. Will definitely be booking again.
First Tutors is rated 4.60 based on 3,939 reviews