First Tutors Reviews

2,920 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Ian L
Verified Reviewer

I found the process, especially that after agreement with a tutor confusing and unclear as to what needed to be done. Also once a tutor is agreed I think the system should automatically inform other outstanding requests and closing them. I say this as a web site designer myself.
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed your comments on to our web developer. If you are ever unsure of the process to obtain a tutor and what happens next do email us at customer service so we can help you. You may also find that our FAQs answer some of your queries: https://www.firsttutors.com/uk/music/how-to-find-a-teacher.php

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Christine S
Verified Reviewer

easy to use - tutors actually respond quickly so able to arrange a support for my daughter within the week. use the service twice now and no complaints.
Kesley L
Verified Reviewer

Useful information but confusing number of emails arrived
Beth G
Verified Reviewer

Needed last minute revision tutoring for my daughter's A level chemistry. I honestly thought we would be too late but we were put in touch with one within the hour
Fatmata B
Verified Reviewer

Easy to find tutor that matches your area. Most tutors are qualified and experienced.
Maria C
Verified Reviewer

I could find very quick a good Tutor for my child.
Helen G
Verified Reviewer

I found the site simple and easy to use. I was soon contacted by a number of tutors and was able to secure the services of one of them easily.
Edward M
Verified Reviewer

Easy accessible website, quick response to my request. Very efficient.
Rochelle M
Verified Reviewer

When I first contacted Leona, I was really stressed out with my work. However, she's been great support and so helpful. Leona is very easy to talk to, patient and encouraging. Since working with Leona, I feel more confident to do my work. I would recommend her to anyone.
Jennifer C
Verified Reviewer

Rod is very organised and precise. He explains concepts succintly so that my son can easily understand them. He is very efficient and covers a lot of material in the time allotted. I would definitely recommend him.
Penny P
Verified Reviewer

I had a reply from a local teacher within 2 hours of signing up. He wasn't quite right for me, but I found a perfect teacher the next day. Highly recommended.
Nicola L
Verified Reviewer

Efficient and quick. Excellent tutor recruited for our son.
Kirsty M
Verified Reviewer

Excellent my son really enjoyed his lesson , made it fun and can't wait for his next one. Would highly recommend.
Carole B
Verified Reviewer

This was the most user friendly website I found when looking for a piano tutor. It was very easy to navigate and contained full information and reviews for a large number of local tutors. The process when I had selected someone was very simple and speedy ... £7.99 seemed a fair fee to pay for such a painless and efficient service. First piano lesson this week!
Rabee R
Verified Reviewer

Very intelligent guy I was struggling with math ,i so nervous because my exams were near but he explained everything which is very helpful.
Nicola B
Verified Reviewer

Overpriced just to get a contact detail of a tutor!
Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you feel our introduction fee is too expensive. The introduction fee covers not only the contact details of the tutor but also security checks and safety on the site to ensure peace of mind to students and their parents.

If we can be of any further help please do contact Customer Service.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Gorkem T
Verified Reviewer

The good thing about Victoria is she has the ultimate patience which a language teacher must have. Her lessons are in a relaxing atmosphere which does not put the student under stress. These may sound like what a language should already have but I had an experience of running into a one who does not possess any of these. The only problem we had is having to change the location of our lesson when we met outside. Besides everything was perfect.
Jacqueline K
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to use and once I'd found my tutor it was very easy to chat with her to find out more details before I committed. We've now had our first lesson and she's very good. All in all its a very efficient, professional service. Will recommend in the future.
Angela B
Verified Reviewer

Great way to engage with first class tutors for a range of subjects. Quick & easy process!
Dawn C
Verified Reviewer

Fast efficient service, thank you. Will use again
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 2,920 reviews