First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Paul B
Paul B

Would recommend.
Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going.
Brenda S
Brenda S
Verified Buyer

I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???
Robert S
Robert S
Verified Buyer

I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple.
Thank you.
Harry Z
Verified Reviewer

Good range of tutors available locally, but careful selection is essential. Upfront fees are not as clearly stated as they should be.
Joanne M
Verified Reviewer

Quick reliable service . The tutor I chose was professional and has begun to build up her confidence in maths. Even after the first lesson I could see the difference
Helmy H
Verified Reviewer

First tutors helped me find the tutor I was looking for. If there was an advanced search it would help. Boxes that you could tick to narrow down the search. For example if you could tick or untick boxes for different choices. University graduate, pgce, tutored for how long, how many stars from previous students & price per hour, etc, etc.
Ailbhe C
Verified Reviewer

I have found First Tutors an excellent service. First Tutors are efficient and quick.
Lorraine A
Verified Reviewer

First session went really well. I’m so glad I found Mary. My daughter came away and said Mary was very good and explained things in a way she could understand . So far 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Steve G
Verified Reviewer

I found the website informative and easy to use. It provided me with a number of (music) tutors in my area which was very helpful. I would be happy to recommend this site to friends & family.
Alisonj M

Very pleased with my 1st experience using First Tutors
Jessica H
Verified Reviewer

I found the website easy to use. Once registered I sent a request and got a very quick response. The fee was reasonable and I am pleased with the outcome.
Cathie S
Verified Reviewer

I am happy with the process of finding a tutor only criticisms is that the price say £4.99/£24.99 and I'd like to know why I had to pay £24.99 instead of lesser amount.
I have contacted tutor but haven't booked her yet.
Michele O
Verified Reviewer

I'm very disappointed with your website. After paying for the contact of the tutor and contacting him, he informed me, he wasn't able to tutoring my child. I paid for noting and waste my money.
Dear Michele,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your tutor failed to provide any tuition. I can see you haven't been in contact with customer service to make a complaint yet so I have emailed you explaining our complaint procedure. Do let us know if we can be of any further help.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Clair C
Verified Reviewer

Johnathan has been great. His approach towards my son is to a very professional high standard. His communication with myself and my boy is 5 star . I am very happy with my choice of tutor
Gill W
Verified Reviewer

She has an excellent system to engage you in your learning. I am thoroughly enjoying her approach and feel I am making good progress.
Faye R
Verified Reviewer

Vety user friendly. Prompt replies from tutors appreciated.
Nikki N
Verified Reviewer

This is the second time I have used this site and again happy with the content and speed of the site. Would recommend to others.
Deborah L
Verified Reviewer

Kayleigh was very professional and patient. Maddie enjoyed her first session and learnt a lot in one hour.
Jessica E
Verified Reviewer

If you cannot stand by your tutors enough to be reviewed together, don't promote them. JIM LEE is not a responsible tutor. I would warn parents against letting him have influence over impressionable teens. Going elsewhere as I cannot trust an agency who would support this utter garbage. Steer clear.
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that tuition hasn't gone well and can see you have just left feedback for the tutor on their profile. We aim to fully investigate this and have contacted you directly to explain our complaints procedure. If we can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors
Laura L
Verified Reviewer

The site is good I like the fact that you can see what your tutor looks like. Shold be barn door obvious that the payment we make is not for the tutor. I paid it thinking I had a discount for the first week. If I had known I would not have used the website
Jess A
Verified Reviewer

It is a very useful site, listing tutors within a reasonable geographic area.

I like the fact there are reviews on there. My inclination was to think the worst of any unpublished reviews - so I avoided any tutors with unpublished reviews!!!

Advice for any potential tutors - pick a decent photo of yourself that is both professional and friendly - no photo puts some people, like me, off completely.

I would definitely recommend this website to anyone looking for a tutor.
Ben C
Verified Reviewer

Alicia is an excellent teacher , professional , well prepared , prompt , couldn’t ask for more .
Maureen C
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use website. Tutors I contacted responded very quickly including those who were unable to help.
First Tutors is rated 4.60 based on 3,825 reviews