First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"Very useful and worry free when trying to find suitable tutor for my daughter."
"excellent website, easy to use and found a good tutor locally."
"Excellent teacher. I am very happy with the whole process"
"Very good. We struggles to find a tutor who would come out to us and teach us at home with us having small children. Not only that we killed two birds with one stone and got my 4 year old Daughter involved for an hour before. We’ll be using Tamara every week now."
"Very pleased with the help Rachael has given me. Another appointment has been arranged for next week."
"Very polite and helpful. So glad to have found Hinal. My son was happy to have tuition from her at the first meeting. He’s looking forward to the next one. So glad that she’s also very near to us. Many thanks :)"
"Hi, I booked a tutor called Eileen Florence through yourselves. I paid £400 to Eileen upfront before the first session. When she arrived at my home she was extremely rude and aggressive towards me and my mother. After the 2 hour session of being shouted at continuously, humiliated and threatened I asked for a refund of £350 after agreeing to pay the £50 for the first session. She refused a refund of the £350 at which point I contacted First Tutors. I was then told by yourselves that all I could do was leave a bad review on Eileen Florence's page. She has black mailed my family into writing a positive review on her page in order to receive a refund. I do not agree with the way your site works as even if I had wrote a negative review on Eileen Florence's page, she can decide whether or not it is available for other users to see. This is disgraceful as how many other people does she wish to do this too. I have all proof of the emails sent by Eileen Florence if you wish to see them. It is incredible that you have a person who is capable of this tactic available on your site. For the sake of other people who may use your site in the future to book Eileen Florence I feel this should be documented so that you are aware of her capability. Thanks"
Dear Josie,

Thank you for your feedback and providing more information. We do of course take all concerns of this nature very seriously and have emailed you regarding this situation.

We never recommend paying up front for more than one lesson to avoid situations such as this arising.

Kind regards,

Grace
Customer Service Team
First Tutors.
"Made it very quick and easy to find a tutor living locally."
"Very good , just a bit expensive."
"Straightforward to use and search for tutors."
"First Tutors offers a variety of tutors and easy to use."
"This was a very useful site with a great selection of teachers, and a lot of information about them Exactly what we were looking for"
"Easy to navigate site with comprehensive biographies and reviews of tutors enabling me to select very precisely what I was seeking"
"the mobile is not a correct number."
Dear Lydia,

I am sorry that you have not been able to contact your tutor via their mobile phone. We ask all tutors to ensure that their contact details are up to date and I am sorry that you have found this not to be the case. I can see that a Customer Services representative has already been assisting you with this matter so I will send you a further email now to advise you further.

Kind regards,
Christine
Customer Support
First Tutors
"A client made slanderous comments about myself saying that I had never provided feedback. I had at least five emails and three pieces of assessed work submitted in a three month window as evidence to the contrary. First Tutors refused to remove the rating even though what was being said was factually inaccurate and portrayed me in a very poor light putting my professional reputation at risk of being besmirched by one unreasonable and odious individual. In response to the reply from First Tutors below the only way that First Tutors 'worked with me' was to say that I needed to contact the individual myself and to ignore a question I asked and several messages, First Tutors themselves refused to intervene in any way. I explained that the man was clearly unreasonable and somewhat unhinged (as evidenced by receiving a very long text message from him on a Sunday morning, another at 6:59 a.m. two days after this and another at 7:20 a.m. another day after this) and I was very reluctant to be in contact with him again. Consequently I had to spend my time receiving harassing, aggressive emails. When asked for a contact at First Tutors they refused to give me the name of a person who I could talk to. When I also showed the aggressive emails received from the individual to First Tutors and explained they would need to have a duty of care to their tutors working for them as this individual would probably repeat his past behaviour with another tutor and subject them to harassment, they refused to have him taken off their books. As far as I can work out First Tutors operate out of a portacabin in Preston. There are no details of any of the staff who work there or a management structure. Please, please avoid if you are thinking of advertising as a tutor with them. This seems to be a common consesus of other tutors who have been associated with them if you care to scroll through the comments here on Trustpilot."
"My experience with First Tutor was great. Very simple to use. Great options of outstanding professional tutors. Amazed by the prompt response from the Tutors."
"Very easy to use and to get in contact with a tutor"
"Very positive experience. After initial concerns with my first tutor First Tutors were very quick to resolve the problem and provide other options."
"Used first tutors for the first time. Found the perfect tutor for my son. I’m very impressed. Would absolutely recommend."
"The reviews were helpful in making a choice as so which tutor would appear to be most appropriate ."
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 4,743 reviews