First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"An excellent service. Very easy to find our tutor"
"Found the process easy to use and very helpful."
"This is the second time I have used First Tutors. The first for GCSE and now A levels. Brilliant concept and so far excellent tutors especially as this time we have relocated and knew nothing about tutors in our area."
"Very good. I found it easy to navigate the site. Choose a tutor for my particular needs and make contact with tutor."
"Fast, efficient & offered choice in a practical way ( offering tutors based on distance ) First tutors website also provided a great deal of clarity making it easy to choose a suitable tutor. 👍"
"Found tutor to be very informative, student needs a must!!"
"Very friendly and helpful person. Son likes the way he is taught by Eimer."
"First Tutors was very easy to use and came up almost instantly on my search for a local English tutor. The process that First Tutors use to get in touch with a tutor was very professional, with discretion and confidentiality being it’s first priority. This discourages time wasters from both sides. The only negative is that a review is requested from First Tutors too quickly after contacting the tutor. I would be more than happy to give a review but we have only just met so my tutor review will be sent once the arrangement has been in place for a month or so."
"Both girls at different levels they were both put at ease and enjoyed their lesson."
"Very easy to use, well explained and straigtforward."
"Delighted with the speed and easy access of the website to make contact with a Tutor we would definitely recommend to friends thank you"
"sorry, it was not helpful and I don't want to continue."
Dear Asim,

I am sorry to learn about your disappointment and appreciate your reason for concern. We did contact you to see how things were going but did not receive a response so were unable to help.

I have sent you an email this morning explaining how to leave feedback and choose a replacement tutor at no further cost. I hope this is satisfactory.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
"Rachael is a fantastic tutor my daughter spent 3hrs covering physics & chemistry and left there feeling more confident with a better understanding ready for her GCSE’s We will be back in May half term!!! Thank you Rachael"
"I found an excellent tutor very quickly. Thank you."
"Very pleased with First Tutors and the careful way they manage the initial contact between the tutor and the parent/tutee. I like the fact they have references for each tutor and photos etc. Shows that they check them out. Very please with my first experience and would recommend them."
"The site made it easy to find a suitable tutor near to me"
"Very East to use website . A speedy response"
"Very Helpful to find tutor ."
"The process was quick and easy"
"Amy iis a wonderful tutor who gives great direction and I woulo highly recommend her for LC Geography - my son found the lessons Amy gave to be very beneficial!"
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 4,543 reviews