First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"Instantly found a fantastic A'level tutor for my daughter 25mins away!"
"Excellent way of finding qualified tutors. I managed to find a good tutor for my 8 year old. I think 7.99 is a bit steep to access the details of just one tutor so I'm glad it worked out so I don't have to pay again!"
"She was good and friendly. And was what actually child needs after assessment."
"Easy to use and I received a good responsive from the tutors I contacted."
"Phil was helpful to Chloe, the items she didn't understand he went through. Have booked another lesson for next week."
"A very valuable tool to find tutoring!"
"It is not clear that there is a one-off charge or what that charge will be right up front. It depends on how you found the site as to whether you see these conditions or not. Since similar sites make their money from those registered as tutors, I did not even consider searching for such charges when I made my arrangements with a tutor."
Dear Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. The fees are displayed on the homepage and within the request but I do understand your point about perhaps not seeing the fees if you land from an external site/link. First Tutors aims to be upfront and transparent about how our website works. Our team will look into improving this aspect very soon.

Kind regards
First Tutors.
"Very helpful and useful, there is a huge variety to pick from."
"My daughter really enjoyed her first lesson and found Margaret’s explanations very easy to understand."
"Very easy to search to find an appropriate tutor. Tutor very quick to respond and we arranged a first session v quickly. Good value for money."
"Really easy site to navigate. Great choice of tutors with detailed & more importantly accurate experience. I was happy to pay for the information."
"You don't advertise the £7.99 fee part very well so you trick people into signing up. Anyone can put whatever details they want. I paid for someone's details and to see their references and got "friend". How is that a real reference? The teacher was awful as well. I made a complaint and I can't get a refund. I used another FREE site and found a nicer teacher, but I'm still irritated by the fact that I'm not £7.99 out for absolutely nothing. Would never recommend this site. It always amazes me how people make money out of people wanting to improve themselves. I wouldn't mind if it was a minimal amount like £2.50 or something but £7.99 is what I'd pay for an album or something! Totally ridiculous!"
Dear Martyn,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We continually attempt to make improvements and changes to our service, to make it as easy as possible for students to find tutors, and for tutors to find new clients. The happiness and well-being of our members is extremely important to us, so I would like to apologise if you felt our fees were unclear. We will be looking at ways to improve the visibility of our fees moving forward and hope this will become more transparent throughout the process.

Having looked into this matter for you, I can see that our customer support team have been in contact to help you find a suitable replacement tutor. As we did not receive a response , we were unaware that you still required a refund. Please be assured I have contacted you personally this afternoon with further details.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us music@firsttutors.co.uk and we will be happy to help you.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
"Once I make up my mind to do something I like to move quickly. I was pleased with the ease and speed in which I found a music tutor especially once I decided to advertise publicly (where Tutors can see your requirement and then contact you). I found the right tutor for my child that same morning! Speed and quality is important when I am looking for a solution and First Tutors provided both."
"Ruben has given my son so much more confidence in just two sessions. I hope this continues. We are thankful to have found him."
"Excellent service and all subjects covered."
"My son is seeing him for grade 12 Economics tutoring. He is very knowledgle and thorough in his explanations providing real world examples to help explain concepts. My son is very happy with him so far. He has had two lessons and the third one is booked."
"Excellent swift and quality"
"I tried about 3 tutors in the area of computer science none of the 3 were knowledgeable about the course. The other thing about First Tutors the tutors they just rush the student to buy their details before they can actually confirm if they have very good knowledge to help the student. After all the site is not free to contact the tutors yet their tutors are very poor. There was only 2 tutors who been honest with me to say they were not able to help since they are not knowledgeable in the area."
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you are disappointed with your 2 tutors that you have purchased through our service. I can see that a member of our customer support team has contacted you regarding this issue, with details on how to choose replacement tutors at no further cost. We hope that this is satisfactory.

Please be assured that it is free to contact as many tutors as you would like to discuss your requirements. Only when you are happy with the discussed arrangement do we ask for a fee to receive your tutors contact information. All requests will remain open for 14 days as tutor availability can change often. If you are not ready to make your decision after 14 days please do not worry, our customer support team are able to reopen your requests to give you more time for your discussions.

If you ever require any help in using the service, or have further questions you can contact our customer support team ireland@firsttutors.com and we will be happy to help you.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
"Easy to use and many options."
"For first meeting I found Rachel to be very friendly and understanding. As a senior citizen she took her time with me and was very informative and encouraging. I would strongly recommend her to anyone who wishes to play. I may not be a young and easily taught person but with time, practice and patience I'm sure I'll get there in the end to pass my grade 1/2."
First Tutors is rated 4.56 based on 5,388 reviews