First Tutors Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

"I am extremely pleased with the help and support Miranda is giving my 11 year old son with his English. Even after 3 weeks my sons confidence has improved and he is actually remembering what he is being taught, which is a huge accomplishment for my son. I look forward to seeing more progress and would definitely recommend Miranda to others."
"Simon is a fantastic tutor for our daughter who will take her A level geography this summer. Right from the start, he was able to get straight to the reason why she was finding some of the course difficult. Simon is able to relate the subject to things that are meaningful for her. He lets her set the pace, mindful that students do have their homework to do from school. If she wants, our daughter can do some practice questions for Simon to check. Lots of examine technique advice too. Very encouraging and motivating - great at building student confidence. We have no hesitation in recommending Simon."
"They didn't. By the time we paid the £5 to get the tutor's details he was booked up and couldn't fit us in."
"Very responsible teacher, timely and effective way to give me a targeted learning method to help me solve the learning problems. Thanks!"
"Easy to navigate and quick to find tutor. Really happy with speed of service and result"
"Jamshid is great to work with, he's patient, easy to understand and reliable. He is thoughtful in his teaching approach and I would thoroughly recommend him."
"We are happy with firsttutor s service"
"I must express dissatisfied with your charging policy for the tutors information. this is not displayed clear and in fact I reviewed again and do not see this being mentioned. it would be good if you can take this on-board and make this available straight away"
"Easy site to use and quick responses from tutors."
"Thank you for giving us the access to find a great private tutor online."
"First Tutors was able to connect me with a qualified professional close to our home. The information given, and the easy to navigate site, enabled us to make an informed choice and make contact quickly. we are very pleased with the suitability of the tutor we chose."
"Easy to use site with a good range of suitable tutors."
"we found it very help full, thanks"
"Easy to search on-line and find someone suitable. Quick response"
"Worked well. No complaints but could be a bit more streamlined."
"Very grateful to this website. It helped me in finding the teacher I needed!"
"Excellent service. Easy to use and contains all the relevant information on tutors."
"I think we have found the right tutor for my son through First tutors. Thank you"
"Overall good service minor criticsm would be inter face slightly confusing when navigating back to main page after selecting/ messaging tutors and observed a lot reminder emails in a very short space of time little bit annoying."
"I am so glad to find a GCSE tutor to teach and prepare for my daughter for her exams On first tutor.They are so efficient and very professional. My daughter is very happy with all the teachers."
First Tutors is rated 4.59 based on 4,227 reviews