First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"They are prompt and efficient. Everything was done and arranged in an effortless manner highly recommend."
Posted 1 minute ago
"It was very helpful to have a selection of quality tutors in my area, all showcased in one on-line location. The bio, photos and fee charged helped narrow my search. The tutor we ultimately contacted has turned out to be excellent and as advertised on First Tutors. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that it is necessary to discuss locations and potential meeting places prior to hiring the tutor. Our messages kept getting blocked and/or redacted by First Tutors. That process could be easier to navigate."
"Brilliant! Easy to use and quick to respond. We've found a lovely tutor and it's all thanks to you."
"User friendly and trustworthy website. I have used First Tutors a few times and have always experienced a good service. Thank you."
"The site is easy to use and the communication is excellent. Great value too!"
"I’m so upset by the whole experience I didn’t know I had to pay $10 to speak to one person and I was in desperate need of help and the guy I got was little help and gave me wrong information with my essay help...times every minute and spent most of the valuable $60 talking about obvious stuff I already knew. My essay he pulled apart and handed it in and it was misinformed info he gave me so I failed the essay and lost $70 I’m so so so angry 😡"
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologise that you were disappointed with First Tutors. While we understand that does not change your experience, we take your concerns seriously. I can see you have already contacted customer service who have been happy to clarify the service we provide and to help leave feedback regarding your tutor.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
First Tutors
"Very good, excellent teaching method! My daughter found her very welcoming and felt very comfortable with her."
"Joe was patient, kind.... explained everything... my little girl loves him and cannot wait till Thursday."
"I don't like the idea of paying a registration/administration fee before the first consultation with the tutor. In my opinion I am paying an extortionate amount -registration fee and for the first hour before I know if the tutor is acceptable. They are they are going to earn enough for attendances without me having to pay for what could be an incompetent tutor that doesn't meet my needs. The tutor should pay for the fees"
Dear Niamh,

I'm sorry that you are dissatisfied with the First Tutors service and we want to do our best to put this situation right. We offer a tutor guarantee, so if in the unlikely event you are unsatisfied with your chosen tutor- simply contact us and we can advise how to leave feedback and choose a replacement at no further cost. Due to Employment Agency regulations we are unable to charge tutors for finding work.
Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact and our support team will do our best to help you.
Kind Regards,
First Tutors
"There was a wide selection of tutors and all the tutors we contacted got back to us very quickly."
"The tutors don’t replay to you. I had to contact six tutors and only two game back to me. But only one wanted to teach my daughter. It is very difficult to find a tutor. Thank you"
Dear Juana,
Thank you for your feedback. I have looked at your request and see that 2 tutors declined directly (fully booked) and the others did respond to your request. I'm glad to see that you did find a tutor in in the end and hope your experience with the tutor is a positive one. Please contact us if you have further questions.

Kind regards
Sara
Customer Service Team
"The First Tutors website has enabled us to find an excellent tutor. Thankyou."
"Excellent start to my daughters tuition. Very efficient young lady"
"I found a tutor really easy on first tutors and he gave exactly what he offered in the ad."
"Very professional approached , well organised , very good communication with parent to keep them in loop"
"French accent was not very good making it difficult for me to understand . Personally I would prefer a french native speaker to teach. The whole experience was not great ,will not be attending another lesson ."
Dear Nicola,

I am very sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with your tutor. I will send you an email now with instructions on how to find a replacement tutor at no further cost.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
"A very excellent tutor, first class."
"Easy to book and made me feel confident that the tutor was of quality."
"A lot of choice for maths tutors in my area. Only thing I didn’t realise was that I would have to pay the company for the information."
"Excellent very kind and gentle . Very happy highly recommend"
First Tutors is rated 4.57 based on 4,998 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!