First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

How would you rate First Tutors ?

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"Just had first lesson with tutor found through you guys and it was a great, positive lesson. Easy to use site and worth the sign up fee for sure 10/10"
"Simple and easy to use, found a tutor first time."
"First lesson went very well, Edouard has immediately assessed my needs and set out an outline of a flexible scheme of work to optimise current knowledge and focus on weak areas. Feeling optimistic!"
"Great easy system to use. And some great tutors too!"
"Tom is reliable, trustworthy and very knowledgeable."
"Very professional and efficient Easy online accesd"
"This is the first time I have used such a website. Found it easy to follow and would probably use it again if I wanted to learn another subject."
"Website easy to use, gives you a good selection of tutors in your area."
"Was really struggling in fact found it impossible to find a tutor to offer face to face tuition in learning Arabic, decided to look online. Did a Google search and up popped First Tutors. Found it very so navigating the site, profiles offered just the right amount of detail and profile pictures made it feel really personable. Wondered when I contacted the tutors I'd get the same feeling and level of support as tuition in person and am delighted to say I've been really pleasantly surprised. One of the tutors I contacted got in touch with me straight away, was crystal clear on availability, extremely pleasant and really professional. She's sent me a little material through ahead of our first session which has made me feel at ease and I genuinely cannot wait for our first session...it'll be a dream come true as since I've been a child I've wanted to learn Arabic well in order to read the Quran well :)"
"She so friendly, I like how she working, and my son happy"
"Quick to respond and very well set up. Safe and secure. Would recommend to anyone"
"Excellent communication - even though Marie was travelling at the time of contacting her. Very flexible and gentle.Looking forward to getting to know her more."
"Very easy to sort out. Very happy with tutor chosen"
"This was the first time I had arranged extra tuition for any of my children and the First Tutor website was easy to follow and very efficient to use. It was very easy and quick to contact a tutor who as it has turned out has been exceleent. My daughter has had one lesson so far in our own home. I was a bit apprehensive at first about what to expect from First Tutors and the tutor who came to teach but so far I have had a very positive experience and hope others who use the service will be equally satisfied."
"This tutor website is really easy to use and has enough of a variety of tutors to feel that you are really able to shop around. We have used it very successfully twice. We would recommend it to anyone needing that extra help."
"First Tutors was easy to use with a broad selection of tutors in my area. It is too early to say what impact the tutor will have on my son. But she is friendly positive and easy to communicate with."
"Julia was great. She adapted to my ability perfectly. And we I will continue to meet with her to work at improving my maths."
"The whole process went smoothly and quickly and I now have an excellent teacher."
"An easy to find web site. Only criticism I had to pay, but it was worth it to find a brilliant teacher."
"Response was very quick, I managed to get a suitable tutor for my son within a day"
First Tutors is rated 4.57 based on 5,168 reviews