First Tutors Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy

Paul B
"Would recommend. Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going."
Brenda S
"I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???"
Robert S
"I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple. Thank you."
"Professional and experienced teacher. My son is very happy to have classes with him ."
"Pretty easy to use. Found the tutor I needed first time. A good site."
"Thank you Trev for your availability. I really enjoyed this first lesson. It was step by step, customised, and very comprehensive. Good pieces of advice for guitar beginner!"
"Sean arrived on time and although it was only my first lesson I am happy and confident that Sean will help me achieve my goal."
"A very warm and patient man.....our son found h Jitendra very good at explaining the subject we will be having him again."
"The process of organizing a tutor went very smoothly"
"The tutor I booked to work with was quite low standard and ineffective. We employed him to coach science, it was very basic and he seemed to only talk about the scoring in the past papers which anyone can see. He had the necessary references and reviews but was not at all motivational or even knowledgeable. I accept the First Tutors are not responsible for the level of coaching but think the required £24.99 to connect is a rip-off if the tutor is not up to standard. Hoping you can help to resolve this."
Dear Karen,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with your tutor; I appreciate that this is very frustrating for you.

I can see that you have contacted Customer Support about this issue today, and that our team have explained how you can select a replacement tutor at no further cost. Hopefully we will be able to connect you to a suitable alternative tutor to help you.

We will continue to be in contact with you by email to ensure that we can resolve this matter positively for you.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
"Easy to use and good to know the tutors are vetted"
"Good range of tutors for subjects"
"Good place to look for tutors"
"I am very happy with our tutor choice. My daughter is comfortable with her as well"
"I found First Tutors to be very helpful in finding a singing teacher. The replies from First Tutors were prompt. I was kept up to date about the teachers contacted. Martin Sherriff"
"Needed a maths tutor for daighter’s Higher exam coming up - Google’s - found this site and it was so easy and quick - excellent experience."
"First Tutors have introduced us to four tutors for my 15 year old daughter who is taking GCSEs this year. I like a number of things about this agency. The first is that they give you access to all the tutors they have in the subject you are looking for in your area. This means that you are able to review the profiles and select them yourself, rather than having the agency select them for you. Another is that the process is efficient. The introduction website works well. The introduction fee is in the region of £25 which seems reasonable. Finally, the four tutors, in different GCSE subjects, who have tutored my daughter have all been very good. I have been able to choose three who are experienced in the syllabus to be covered, and one who is not - but is able to add excellent value nonetheless. The level of experience is reflected in the cost of tuition. The atmosphere while the tutorials are progressing is calm and productive. I have found this agency to be extremely good and am happy to recommend."
"I am happy with First Tutors, no complaints."
"My son was dreading having a tutor but Jamie put him at ease and explains things to him in a way that he understands."
"Amazing to deal with! Very happy customer"
"Harry is highly professional and my son loved his lessons."
"Very easy to use thank you"
"I was hesitant at first to sign up because i was afraid there was going to be too many hidden fees besides paying the tutor. However, paying the initial $9.99 fee was fair!"
First Tutors is rated 4.57 based on 5,948 reviews