First Tutors Reviews

2,754 Reviews

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Paul B
Paul B

Would recommend.
Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going.
Brenda S
Brenda S
Verified Reviewer

I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???
Robert S
Robert S
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple.
Thank you.
Emmeline B
Verified Reviewer

Very efficient way of finding a tutor
Eunice I
Verified Reviewer

Initially found it difficult to work out how to request/decline a tutor but once I worked it out I found a tutor who has started. The process was very quick. I would recommend First Tutors
Jessica S
Verified Reviewer

Easy to navigate the site and find a tutor tailed for your needs.
Annette K
Verified Reviewer

Very efficient and easy way to find a suitable tutor. I'm very happy with the service provided by First Tutors. Thank you.
Kishor P
Verified Reviewer

The process was quick and easy. Thank you.
Daniel A
Verified Reviewer

Good web although there are many tutor´s profiles unupdated.
Aleksandra N
Verified Reviewer

Alex was very professional and good.
Debbie C
Verified Reviewer

Ben says that Ian has been very helpful even after one session
Shebina B
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service with very experienced teachers
Eleanor C
Verified Reviewer

I found the process easy and all tutors got in touch quickly. I have used First tutors before about 6 months ago and the one-off sign-up fee was £4.95 ... now this has shot up to £14.95. Seems a bit of a hike. Other than that, the process has been straightforward.
Dear Eleanor,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you found the process straightforward. Our fee's are linked to the tutors hourly rate to make our service as affordable as possible. I can see that your Physics tutor charges half the hourly rate of your Economics tutor which is why you were charged the higher fee the second time. Wishing you the best of luck with your private tuition.

Kind Regards,
Sarah
Jan N
Verified Reviewer

Excellent first impression. Arrived promptly and got straight into the session. Personable, friendly and open. My son took to him straight away and worked well for the whole session. Varied content which kept up my son's interest. Would definitely recommend.
Gugu M
Verified Reviewer

The service is good and professional. I haven't yet started with my selected tutor but all arrangements have been made to start soon.

Thank you first tutor?
Gugu M

Thank you first tutor?
Janice B
Verified Reviewer

I found first tutors very easy to navigate and they provided a variety of tutors for the subject we were looking at.
Once a tutor was chosen it all went very smoothly .
I would recommend this site to anyone who needs a tutor.
Janice B
Verified Reviewer

Once a tutor was chosen it all went very smoothly .
I would recommend this site to anyone who needs a tutor.
Malavika N
Verified Reviewer

Found a local tutor quickly. Very pleased with the initial process.
Verified Reviewer

Rapid response from Tutor. First lesson arranged promptly. Very good lesson, with our daughter challenged but at ease.

Kaniz R
Verified Reviewer

I found this a very user-friendly site. The tutor I have chosen came for a free chat and showed proof of his qualifications and CRB check. We organised a suitable time and she turned up promptly the next day. She has a really patient, calm approach. I am so glad I used this website and would recommend it to anyone looking for a tutor.
First Tutors is rated 4.64 based on 2,754 reviews