First Tutors Reviews

of reviewers recommend First Tutors
Read First Tutors Reviews

About First Tutors:

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2018, 90% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Tell us how First Tutors made you happy
First Tutors is very useful in helping us find a Tutor who is efficient. First Tutors is my first choice when I am looking for a tutor.
I had been searching for a computer science tutor for months locally - to no avail whatsoever, was about to just give up hope when I found this! So simple and easy to use, found an absolutely amazing tutor who is not only brilliant at teaching, but is also patient, thoughtful and superb with my 15 year old. I cannot tell you what a difference this has made. Pricing to suit all options too. Superb service all round.
Excellent choice of tutors . Really great to have such a wide range of tutors . Tutors are very responsive and everything moves smoothly .
Fantastico!

The process was straightforward and I couldn't be happier with my tutor. Very pleased
Never used First Time Tutors before but was pleased with details and qualifications, plus reviews of other learners for each individual Tutor. Distances from your home and type of Teaching they offered was a great help. After paying the fee to get the Tutors contact details, although I haven't had my first lesson as yet because of my time restraints, I am at this point very pleased with my initial contact with him. Without this website I don't think I would have been able to find anyone with so much experience and professional knowledge to take me to the next level. Like I have already mentioned I haven't had my first lesson as yet but he has sent me work via email to get me to work on prior to the lesson. Looking forward to my new challenges ahead. I have already gained confidence in my choice of Tutor from this site.
Dear tutor
I’m Osman Ali
I need tutor for my son a level
I got mr Laurence
He say I’m coming home to
Tuition when I pay the tutor fee
I call he say I’m not coming home I’m doing online sory ask tutor your fee to pay back so please I need my fee back many thanks
Dear Osman,

I am sorry to hear that there has been a misunderstanding with your tutor. I can see that the tutor did indicate that they were offering online tuition before you released his contact details to confirm the arrangement.

I can see that our Customer Support team have offered you a free replacement tutor once you have found someone suitable.

I hope the above will resolve this matter to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply directly by email to the Customer Support team.

Kind regards,
First Tutors
Very easy to use and find a suitable tutor. So far very happy
Found a great tutor within a day using this service.
The site was very confidential with personal details and good advice given on personal protection rules on first visit with tutor.
Paying per tutor seems unfair, as you not sure if you’ll go with the tutor or not. There should be an option to pay to contact more than 1 tutor taking same subjects
Dear Ade,

Thank you for your feedback. We give all students the opportunity to discuss their requirements with as many tutors as they like for free via our private forum. We only ask for the finder's fee once you have made your decision and are happy to go ahead with your chosen tutor.

We offer a tutor guarantee whereby, if after making payment you are unsatisfied with your choice in tutor, we can offer a replacement tutor at no further charge. I have sent you an email this morning to ensure that everything is going well with your chemistry lessons.

Kind Regards,
First Tutors
GREAT 1ST MEETING
GOT ON VERY WELL
Excellent, efficient service. We are very happy with our daughter's tutor.
Easy to set up tutoring and very happy with my daughters tutor.
My daughter is thrilled with her tutor!! Cannot recommend enough. Thank you!
An excellent way of finding an appropriate Tutor; info re Tutors’ qualifications and main interests easy to access, and easy to have a dialogue with one or two to find out compatibility. I am very pleased with the the Tutor I found, and the care First Tutors took to safeguard privacy at every stage.
I found tutors for Maths, Computer Science, and English Highers (SQA) for my son and we could not have been happier. About the FirstTutors -professional tutors, reliable connection, prompt responses, 5 stars all round.
Good easy website to use only criticism is it’s quite expensive and as a result of paying the finders fee I am unable to afford as many lessons as I’d of liked.
She engaged very well with my 6 year olds. They want to go back!
Vanessa was very patient we’ve only had one lesson but hopefully all will go well .
It was very easy to followed and fast responding.
My daughter has had he first lesson from her tutor Danielle, who is highly motivating and positive, wish we had discovered her a long time ago.
Georgina responded quickly and was very helpful.
First Tutors is rated 4.58 based on 7,205 reviews