First Tutors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend First Tutors

About First Tutors: Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Paul B
Paul B

Would recommend.
Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going.
Brenda S
Brenda S
Verified Buyer

I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???
Robert S
Robert S
Verified Buyer

I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple.
Thank you.
Jayne S
Verified Reviewer

Quick and clear communication. A very painless process.
Helen K
Verified Reviewer

Simple, speedy service. Fantastic. Highly recommended.
Monika S
Verified Reviewer

I found a tutor literally within minutes of sending my request, and we're on our second session as we speak. Fee was very reasonable as well. Would highly recommend!
Rebecca F
Verified Reviewer

I shouldn't have to be obliged to write a review!
Troy W
Verified Reviewer

As a system to find a tutor the web site is closely monitored and well-maintained.
Admin can see what is happening and can prompt tutors to be attentive. I found some tutors were reluctant to contact me or failed to reply when I emailed. This is something the web site should correct. It is quite rude I feel. Tutors should abide by rules if tutees must also.
The way the system works is fairly easy to use and I found out after a time that a fee was payable by the tutee.
I suppose this is unavoidable. I would use the web site again, even though I found tutees are quite few and far between.
Also tutors who are willing to travel should be valued more highly it seems. I don't drive and found it a major problem finding a suitable match. The web site returns emails promptly which is a definite plus. I noticed some tutors to be underqualified: if we as tutees are battling to pass exams our tutors surely must be on top with all that as well. All tutees should be graduate and above. Or have a teaching certificate.
Evie A
Verified Reviewer

We found that Nicola is very patient and clear helping Evie to understand more as sometimes struggles.
Alex S
Verified Reviewer

I was told about First Tutors by my daughter who had used them to find a Maths tutor for my grand-daughter and found the process very easy to use. I have also found this (and I am not a computer expert!) and so far have been very impressed both by First Tutors and by my new Italian tutor. Many thanks; I would certainly recommend the site to anyone looking for help.
Michael S
Verified Reviewer

Very straightforward and easy to use.
Fionnuala T
Verified Reviewer

Very Efficent. Local tutors. Good service.
Patricia W
Verified Reviewer

Found a Maths tutor for secondary school student on First Tutors. An excellent resource, easy to use website, good information on tutors.
Diana M
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use website- good tutors who respond quickly. A very reasonably priced service too.
Dawn E
Verified Reviewer

First Tutors is easy to use and helps you find a tutor suitable to your requirements. I would thoroughly recommend using this web service and would definitely use it again to find a tutor!
It's worked for us as we now have a tutor for my son!
Reviewer

This service is easy to use and the quality of tutors has been excellent. In a competitive arena getting the right support for your child is crucial.
Andrea H
Verified Reviewer

Rich was a fantastic tutor. He arrived on time to be faced with someone who wanted 'a bagpipe experience'. He took it in his stride. He was knowledgeable and helpful. After 2 hours I'd played the whole of 'Deck the Halls' on the chanter and managed to make some sort of sound on the highland pipes. The lesson was an experience I'll treasure. I'd happily recommend Rich as a tutor as along with his flexibility and musical knowledge he was also very personable.
Tara E
Verified Reviewer

Have managed to find a great tutor on here a couple of times and it has always been straightforward.
Lily L
Verified Reviewer

The tips on how to find a suitable tutor in the website are helpful. I also pay more attention to the candidates' tutoring approaches/strategies.
I think the tutors chosen should reply even if they're not available.
Alex C
Verified Reviewer

We were very happy with the speed at which we were able to find a tutor, and the quality of the tutor we selected.
Rose B
Verified Reviewer

I am so grateful to you, First Tutors, that my problem of getting the right tutor is answered through Nicolas. ALthoug my course hasn't started yet, I believe that with Nicolas I am confident and have peace of mind that someone is available to help me to get this course through.

Thank you very much, I really apprciate it.

KInd regards.
Rose
Richard F
Verified Reviewer

I was able to choose a tutor that seemed right for me, and the process worked very smoothly.
Human R
Verified Reviewer

Great and speedy service and totally worth the R60.00 payment for contact details. Th only other thing I would advise is to take more security measures such as verification of tutors and also some sort of check on the "tutorees". We live in South Africa and one is actually letting a total stranger into ones house, be it the tutor or the "tutoree". If my daughter were a tutor, i would accompany her to her first session with a new client as one does not know who or what to expect at the current way your system works.
First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,153 reviews