First Tutors Reviews

3,012 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

Tutor Reviews

We gather 1000s of tutor reviews every month. In 2013, 96% of reviews were positive.

References & ID checks

Have confidence that your tutor's identity is genuine. All of our tutors must pass identity checks, plus we take up at least 2 references. These references are passed on to you once you've selected your tutor.

7 Day Support

Not sure about something? We have a team of experienced, caring people on hand to help 7 days a week.

No Tutor, No Fee

Contact as many of our tutors as you like through our website for free. You only pay when you're ready to hire one as your tutor.
Find the Perfect Tutor

If things don't work out with your tutor, just leave them a review and you can choose another one for free. With over 20,000 listed tutors, you're bound to find one that's just right for you!

Any problems?

We're here to help you! Just Contact our customer services.

Spread the word. Tell your friends what companies they can trust. Sharing is caring.

Paul B
Paul B

Would recommend.
Easy process, apply, get offers of tutors, choose, pay, get going.
Brenda S
Brenda S
Verified Reviewer

I've used this website twice and its so easy to use and best of all I've had 2 very good tutors as an outcome. much quicker and easier than relying on word of mouth / people to send you their tutors details ( as they clearly state they have a great tutor you should use but are then reluctant to share incase the tutor gets too busy ???
Robert S
Robert S
Verified Reviewer

I found First Tutors very easy to use I had struggled to find Russian tuition and within a few hours I was signed up and my first session booked it was that simple.
Thank you.
Mike S
Verified Reviewer

Easy to use website, quick response, good selection of possible tutors, efficient & clever linkage arrangement to tutor protecting their private details.
Chloe W
Verified Reviewer

The website was easy to use and gave a good amount of information and reassurance about the tutors advertising there.
Kiho J
Verified Reviewer

I am very satisfied because of her active and kind teaching to my son.
I am expecting that my son's English ability will be more improve to be continued.
Jim C
Verified Reviewer

The process of finding a tutor was reasonably straightforward but I did find the web pages a little busy and as a consequence not as user friendly as I would expect.
Nadine W
Verified Reviewer

Great website. This is the third time I have used it and am very pleased.
Beverley M
Verified Reviewer

I found this site easy to access and was able to find a very good tutor. I was able to contact the tutor quickly and I am about to have my third lesson. The response was fast and I am enjoying my one to one lessons.
I would highly recommend finding a tutor through First Tutors
Henry M
Verified Reviewer

Brilliant, quick and easy way of getting a good Tutor that is local, would recommend First Tutors.
Sian J
Verified Reviewer

Prompt reply and easy website to use. My daughter said she learnt more in one hour with her tutor than she did in the whole first term.
Gillian N
Verified Reviewer

I am very happy with First Tutors. We have found an amazing tutor who clicked immediately with my 17yo son. I would definitely use First Tutors again.
Eun W
Verified Reviewer

He was punctual and well-prepared tutor.
Kimberly K
Verified Reviewer

Very helpful and easy to navigate.
Sheila A
Verified Reviewer

Very easy to use and helpful
Jyolsana V
Verified Reviewer

Good service. They seem understand my problem and kind enough to investigate further. Many Thanks.
Dominique F
Verified Reviewer

Good service, however far too expensive to pay for tutors details!!
Dear Dominque,

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you found our service good.
The intro fee helps cover the costs of ID checks, reference collection and qualification verification. The intro fee is based on the tutor's hourly rate so if you find a tutor that charges 10 pounds an hour you will only pay 4.99 intro fee. The maximum intro fee is 24.99.

Wish you the best of luck with your new tutor but if you encounter any problems just contact our customer service team who are happy to help.

Alison P
Verified Reviewer

Lots of tutors to choose. Good
Ruth A
Verified Reviewer

First tutors was straight forward to use, and answered quickly when I had a quiery.
Pauline C
Verified Reviewer

Thank you First Tutors for having such a good selection of tutors available in my area. The only thing that I would comment on is the ease of your website, I found it a bit tricky at times. Many thanks
Jyolsana V
Verified Buyer

Hi

I am really sorry to write this, but this is my experience with first tutors. I had contacted 2 tutors consecutively for the same subject but both didn't work for me. Each time I have to pay the money, although second time I had received free service as a good will. Now, I am not confident to get another tutor through first tutors since I am bit concerned that again I loose my money. Regards
Dear Jyolsana,
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to see that you have been very unlucky with both tutors. It would seem the first tutor was ill and was unable to continue with lessons and the second tutor after travelling to your house realised the time to travel was unrealistic. I will investigate the issue with the tutor because the distance was clearly stated on the request and see what I can do to resolve this for you. I will keep you updated.

Vicky S
Verified Reviewer

A fantastic way to find a good tutor in your area.
Anya M
Verified Reviewer

Was shocked to learn that to release the tutors' details a fee of £14.99 is payable PER TUTOR. It is the same if recruitnent fee was payable for every candudate you interview. To charge for using the site is fair enough such as membership fee, but a charge per contact is absurd!! The quality of tutors good though.
Dear Anya,
Thank you for your feedback. The intro fee ranges from £4.99 to a maximum of £24.99 depending on the tutor's hourly rate so for example if you chose a tutor that only charges £10.00 per hour we only charge £4.99 intro fee. It is free to contact and discuss your tuition needs with as many tutors as you wish via our website, we only charge when you decide which tutor you wish to go ahead with. The intro fee helps cover costs of ID and reference checks plus qualification verification which provides peace of mind for students and parents alike.
I wish you the best of luck with your new tutor but if you encounter any problems please do contact us, we are here to help.

First Tutors is rated 4.63 based on 3,012 reviews