Ferry Marina Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ferry Marina
customer service
Read Ferry Marina Reviews
Perfect holiday on the Norfolk broads. Boat clean, well equipped and maintained. Boat spacious and comfortable the only downside being v small bathrooms with very smelly toilets. Lots of air freshener required. Hand over and briefing efficient and thorough. Support when required was excellent. Would most definitely recommend the company and this holiday.
The staff are always friendly and helpful but we cannot understand why we needed a pump out on the third day when each toilet had only be used once after mainly using the outside toilets.
I appreciate that there is a lot of information to be provided/taken in before taking a vessel out but I do think I should have been informed of important items such as the fresh water will need to be topped up, where the key was for the filler cap, where the filler cap was, where the engine parts for checking where, it's ok putting details in the "Your Boat Information" pamphlet but............ also where is the heater control, the one shown in the pamphlet on this vessel isn't the same as the one shown. I would suggest a more detailed brief is needed.
Very helpful and friendly. Will use again
)very helpfull staff good position on river
From booking to picking up Ruby Emblem I found Ferry Marina to be 5*. Ruby Emblem was clean and worked perfectly but both of us felt this is an old boat (like a lot of the boats on the Broads) and perhaps should be marketed as that. The new boats are really home from home and would have really enhanced our 5 day break. Will I use Ferry Marina if I do this type of holiday again ... Yes. Well done Ferry Marina.
Staff were excellent but there were some issues with the boat, Brilliant Emblem. One of the toilet door handles was broken and could not be opened from the inside! Secondly, the bow thruster did not always work which made manoeuvring more difficult. Generally we were pleased with the boat but it felt a bit dated. Despite these niggles we enjoyed our holiday.
Out of office hours support not very good. Left messages was told I would be contacted back about an issue and never heard back from them, was suppose to have 2 TVs on board but only was given one. So check things off against what your supposed to have before you leave.
Choose boat wisely as some are very basic and the pictures can be deceiving, Ruby emblem was very clean but very old and needs to be plugged into the electric just to work the microwave. The service however is modern and don't be afraid to raise any concerns as they are more than helpful.
From arrival to departure I could not fault the service we received. My only gripe(otherwise it would have been 5 star) was from before we arrived due to our boat being heavily discounted for last minute bookings .
Staff friendly and helpful. Boat comfortable, though the lighting in the saloon could be brighter. Electric flush for the loos? But lovely to have two.
Friendly helpful staff and responsive to any problems. Enjoyed our holiday.
Brilliant few days on the Ruby Emblem, much appreciated.
Excellent staff all very friendly. Only issue was the boat we had, had a leaky hatch. They tried to fix it but with no luck. Meant we either got wet when it rained or had no natural light in living area.
Little disappointed as we was told someone would visit the boat first thing in the morning as soon as the office opened to hand over however this wasn’t the case I had to chase as it got to 10.30 also had issues with the throttle got stuck a few times maybe a gear cable issue otherwise we had a good time
Enjoyable but would have appreciated the reported light not working to have been dealt with as it was over the kitchen area.
We’ve been coming to Horning now for over 30 yrs, we’ve used ferry marina for several properties over the years and they’ve all been top class, the houses the service everything. The only downside is this yr we noticed the swimming pool has gone as well as the chip shop .
Zircon Emblem very well presented and equipped although we had a problem with the hot water temperature which required an engineer to rectify despite being given advice "on how to operate the hot water tap"!! The bathroom fan was extremely noisy, a design issue I guess and the water pump very quiet, however the bilge pump seemed to run quite frequently which was a bit surprising. Handover and return of the boat was very efficient especially as the car could be reversed to the boat dock, most enjoyable week!
All very good and will use again.
No hassle and so very trusting with our hire. Liked the 'all in' costing. Smart vessel and everything worked well - when we found it! (The intro before take over was full but we had forgotten much of it before we reached the first bend in the river - we are both approaching 80 and first timers to this). Thanks for providing us with the means for us to have a most memorable weekend.
Ferry Marina is rated 4.79 based on 464 reviews