Ferry Marina Reviews

of reviewers recommend Ferry Marina
customer service
Read Ferry Marina Reviews
Staff fantastic and the boat,will be back. :)
Been coming to Ferry Marina for both boating and riverside accommodation for years. We have never been disappointed and this year has been no exception. We like to fish but this year the fishing was poor. Our only concern was the frontage near the river. It seemed to dip quite a bit in places making me feel quite unsteady (I am an older person). All in all we enjoy living in beautiful homes by the river. The properties are well maintained, clean and comfortable. We will continue to visit. Staff are always welcoming and helpful, bonus.
I hired Platinum Emblem 1 in November 2019 for a weeks winter break, the best time to be on the broads as most moorings where mainly empty. This is the best boat that i have hired in my many many years of boating on the Norfolk Broads. The level of space and comfort is fantastic and the views to the rear of the boat excellent with the large sliding patio doors. The boat is ideal for winter cruising and was not cold with the on board warm air heating. The boat also has a large separate shower room and 2 toilets, one en suite and a large well equipped galley. It is also ideal if you like fishing as the rear well is a good space to set up a few rods and to relax. Ferry Marina staff are very helpful and my whole holiday with them was very easy and enjoyable. Thank You... Neal
We hired a boat for three days in November - so very off-season! From start to finish the service from Ferry Marina was great. They were responsive and helpful in making the booking and communicated well in the run-up to the hire. The boat was perfect for our needs, clean, and in very good working order. We were given a good briefing prior to departure. All in all a very good experience and we would definitely go back another time.
Had a lovely holiday,accommodation very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend
A very warm welcome from reception. Very friendly and helpful. Boat was handed over in a clean condition. Not overly happy with the handover as we were advised the canopy only went back half the way it should. I questioned this 3 times to the man who did the handover and he advised that because they have had problems with the canopies, they shortened the cable lengths which meant it didn’t open fully anymore. I raised the point of the boat height on the dashboard stating 6’9” to be told that was the height of the boat with the canopy with it only half down. I wanted this checked by an engineer before we set off and the engineer confirmed that the roof did indeed go all the way back, which he then managed to do. If I was a first time hirer and was told the boat height was 6’9” with the canopy half down, it would cause a problem when navigating bridges. I feel this needs to be mentioned (not to get who did the handover into trouble but maybe just to point out that there might be a training need on handing over certain craft). Ruby was a pleasure to handle and extremely quiet and would have no hesitation in hiring her again. A little disappointed we were not greeted upon our return to the boatyard on our last day to check we had a nice time or discuss potentially booking another holiday by anyone in reception. It was literally just load up the car and “go”. All in all, thank you for a lovely holiday.
Fantastic service from the staff welcoming from the start
Excellent spacious accommodation with beautiful views over the river. Lovely position with easy walk for morning paper and local restaurants. Quality bed linen and towels. Comfortable sofas - shame that the electric recliners were not working. Looked to book for next May half term and disappointed that half the week has already been taken. Can't recommend highly enough but don't spread the word or there won't be any free weeks remaining!
Excellent service
Great service from start to finish, and a very nice boat. We have holidayed on the Broads several times, but this was the first time with Ferry Marina and we were very impressed.
Another wonderful carefree holiday with Ferry Marina, watching the world go by at 4 mph!
Great service, friendly and helpful staff. Boats very clean and well presented.
Warm, friendly and helpful staff with a wide ranging fleet of boats for everyone. So good that we return to Ferry Marina every year!
We've hired a cruiser from Ferry Marina a few times and have always found the staff welcoming and the boats in good order. Our latest experience was no different and we had a really good weeks holiday. I'd recommend them to anyone who asks.
staff fantastic rose emblem was a great boat very comfortable and easy to moor up we have been using another yard in wroxham for over 30 years but found ferry far better and the chap that did the hand over needs a gold badge he was polite ,we had a joke or 2 he went the extra mile and is a credit to ferry marina 1 in a million we will be back next year dave and cathy neave brighton .
Horning Ferry Marine in all Respects i found very very good , looking forward to booking again with them , after having 2 weeks on Tanzinite Emblem . Did not want to hand boat back , the staff we met were very very good , helpful and friendly , cant wait to go back to Horning Ferry Marine .
BRONZE EMBLEM 2 I Hired Bronze Emblem 2 in October 2019 for one week, via an easy booking on the telephone. Upon arrival at reception, i was met by two happy & very helpful staff. The boat handover was very informative and everything about the boat was explained in depth. The boat itself was very clean and easy to handle.... with the added bonus of a full sliding canopy,... although i had some extreme wet weather.... the boat remained dry inside. The island bed in the rear cabin was very comfortable and the cabin itself large considering the boat is only 31ft in length with lots of storage. A further added bonus was the toilet / shower room, which is located in the bow (front) of the boat, therefore very spacious. This holiday was the best value for money i have had, considering i hire boats x3 every year. I would highly recommend Ferry Marina for their 1st class service in the hire boat industry and would 100% use them again. Thank you to all the staff who helped make my holiday a memorable time.
I have put poor because there is a difference between Ferry marina and our experience, everyone we dealt with at Ferry Marina was very good, very helpful and polite, no complaints at all, unfortunately our experience on the water was different, we noticed how nice the boats were, they looked perfect, we booked ours online and didn't travel down to view it first, big mistake, we were looking forward to the weekend as I am in my 50's and it was something I wanted to do for a long while. all I can say is sadly never again the boat we were on was old, tired and not everything worked... maybe we should have said something before we left but we didn't feel like moaning as soon as we got there, I am sure there were other / better boats available as this was end of season October, it got to us so much that when we woke up on the Sunday all four of us looked at each other and said 'lets go home', so we went home a day early, it was not the weather, it was not the people, nor was it anything else but the dated and very sad boat, which turned out to be an expensive two day disappointment, I would like to try again one day but definitely a better boat.
Excellent customer services. There has been new ownership since we holidayed with Ferry Marina last year but we still experienced the same greatn super helpful and knowledgeable staff both through the booking process and the boating holiday itself. A lovely friendly greeting on arrival, an excellent induction and a willingness to put themselves out when we arrived after closing time requiring a water fill up, (the night before the end of the holiday), and then finally an easy checking out at the end. the whole experience was wonderful and the Ferry Marina boats (we had Star Emblem for a 2nd consecutive year) look a class above most of the others on the Broads (you can tell they take pride in their maintenance and cleanliness regimes). Will definitely book with Ferry Marina again - very highly recommended.
Our holiday with ferry marina was excellent.The office staff were so helpful and welcoming and the handover from Leon was very detailed and instructive,right down to how the fridge worked. We are looking forward to our next holiday with them and meeting them all again hopefully early next year,they make you feel part of a family from the managing director down.
Ferry Marina is rated 4.79 based on 464 reviews