Formula One Autocentres Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend Formula One Autocentres
04AM
4AM

Tell us how Formula One Autocentres made you happy

"Having had a bad experience with Asda tyres I found myself in urgent need of two tyres. The size and make of tyre meant that they weren't readily available but having spoke to F1 auto, I was told they could get and fit them. I was concerned about the date codes on the tyres because the tyres Asda tried to palm me off with were 2 and half years old. Having left my details on the Monday, F1 auto contacted me throughout to assure me they could get the tyres, but that they spoke with Pirelli direct to get 2018 stock and then arrange fitment. I had them fitted on the Wednesday and I was very pleased to have the new tyres on the car and the old tyres, which were causing problems with how the car was handling, removed. I can only say that the service I have received today should be benchmark for the industry. The person who coordinated it at the counter ( Billy, top bloke) provided exceptional service to ensure I was satisfied. I would highly recommend the Chester Bumpers Lane branch of F1 auto to anyone for their service and care. I could not fault them."
Are you Formula One Autocentres? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Formula One Autocentres receives. Reply Free
"Make sure you warn your friends and ALL Family members. Where shall I begin. Perhaps with extracts from the email that 5 DAYS AGO, I sent to their laughingly called CUSTOMER CARE? The one that to date, they have totally ignored! " Dear Sir/Madam, I drive a very limited edition (one of only 200 made)19 yr old Nissan Primera P11 GTLE which I bought new. This car is my pride and joy and is in almost immaculate condition, having done just 80k miles. On noticing a slight 'blow' from the back end (which I COULD have repaired using Exhaust Paste i.e.Gun Gum) but chose not to but because I wanted it done correctly i called my garage and they quoted me a price for fitting a new center section. As I stupidly believed Formula One to be Exhaust specialists and only wanting the best for my pride & joy, I decided to call them too. I spoke with Darryl (Who has since left ) and he asked to see the car. He inspected my entire exhaust system and agreed to meet the fitting price that I had been quoted by my garage but advised me that the rear section should also be changed as, due to the rust around the flange, it would not come away without breaking. I reluctantly agreed because although I preferred to keep the original Nissan box if possible, I trusted his judgement. NOTE HERE - No mention of the Catalytic converter I collected the parts the following day and took it for fitting. I then went for a stroll and returned about 30mins later to find one of the 'Mechanics' hammering away at my catalytic converter with almighty force. I ran up to the two chaps under my car and asked what they thought they were doing and was told the bolts were rusted in and they were trying to free them? I asked why they weren't using a blow torch (Normal method) and was told that they had run out of gas. I then demanded that they dont smash my car any more and that instead use an angle grinder which they did. MOST astonishingly I noticed my rear exhaust box laying on the floor complete and in one piece. It did NOT need replacing at all. That ALSO means that the centre section COULD have been fitted the day before instead of wasting my time and costing me yet more money. In no time at all, I noticed a loud screech coming from the underside whenever I went over a bump. Also a loud vibrating noise at 2k revs. Also a knocking noise when accelerating hard. My pride and joy sounded like an old wreck, ten times worse that when I drove TO that garage. Next day I returned and Tony, the Manager, looked under my car and said that the problem was my Cat and NOT the fact that it had been pummeled with a hammer and that the suspending brackets that sit on the rubbers were 'Knackered' as he put it, and the vibrating noise is because the heat plate on top was vibrating where it had broken away through corrosion - funny that it had been fully inspected by the assistant manager, Darryl, just two days earlier and was fine then, isn't it. Also I noticed the exhaust sitting much lower and that corpulent amounts of GunGum sealing the NEW part with the NEW gasket where it meets the Cat. Just what I DID NOT want. I took my car back to my local garage and after putting up on the ramps my mechanic notice that the exhaust no longer runs central to the tunnel as its supposed to and as it always did before your staff got hold of it because the support brackets are bent and weakened and is still rubbing and knocking. Now, it seems, the only answer will be a new Catalytic converter and new Flexi section in front of that, as the hammering has also damaged that as well, according to my mechanic .........." This is the SUTTON ROAD Branch in Southend. I doubt if any of the other branches are any better based on all the poor reviews I read about them since. If this is a FAMILY FIRM then i might suggest that they do the same as their forebearers and don Stetsons, ride horses and herd cattle. If you care about your car whatever you do DONT use this place or you will definitely wish you had not. Make sure you warn your friends To Customer Care - DO NOT offer to 'Look into cases'; when you have absolutely no intention of doing so."
STM
"They damaged my new wipers, failed me on the MOT & tried to charge me for the retest within the DOT recommended 24hour schedule. Biggest mistake of my life. I would never go here again. AVOID! AVOID!! AVOID!!!"
"Good price and fast"
"I think this is the fourth consecutive visit where I not only had excellent value for money but received excellent advice too including on discounts available. I like the owners (I presume its a franchise, if not owners 'management) view on life and how customers should be dealt with: Their attitude is exemplary and after watching them give the same to all customers of wealth and those not so wealthy- YES I can confirm my endorsement and continued promotion to those I know and deal with. One particular point was when the manager told me he would assess the brake discs next year before just performing a replacement that I assumed would be necessary: This gives me confidence that unnecessary work is not on their agenda, coupled with the fact that there seems to be little time to breathe never mind perform extra work YES I'm fully confidant in these people. YOU are hereby given permission to use these words to refute any words to the contrary given by anyone that may be wrong. Also to promote yourselves. Kind regards and Thank you. Mr Gary Holford."
"Out of 4 garages they are the only garage who did my 4 wheel alignment accuratley. They have the latest laser alignment facility. Spot on. Other garages said they could do 4 wheel alignment but actually made the car worse to the extent needed new tyres within 4 months...down to the wire inner edge.... rear axle out by 9mm??? but Formula One Ashbourne Road corrected it and its perfect. Manager and team very helpful. Would fully recommend. Thankyou."
Formula One Autocentres is rated 3.67 based on 6 reviews