F1 Autocentres Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend F1 Autocentres

How would you rate F1 Autocentres?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"I’ve phone the garage and explain the issue in the car, been told that can be fixed only with major service, spent 4 hours and when I asked if they have fix the additive filter oil for emotion and reset with the computer they said nobody been told, call the manager and express my opinion, seems I was talking with no one, been told calls are recorded and someone will call. Summarising... no one called and I will move forward l, never gonna be back there and gonna try to find someone who can do the job I’ve asked for."
"Booked a service and MOT for my car. When I turned up they said it would be more money. Very unprofessional. BEWARE HIDDEN EXTRA CHARGES!!!!!!"
"Terrible do not use.. Failed my cars mot. Took the car to main dealer for repair. Turns out the repair was not required to pass and they had missed a broken suspension spring and a destroyed shock absorber. Useless! Gave me a quote for £316 for unrequired work. The mot tester claims this all happened after mot.. 40 miles done.. Spring was in two.. Had signs of age.. The opinions of master technicians and mot testers at main dealer was one of "that's why mots there are cheap.. So they can charge you for other things" avoid at all costs!."
"My mot had ran out 10/1/18 I phoned F1 Autocenter Dartford who fitted my tyres back 11/17 was told to bring the car in @ 2oclock they fitted me in which was brilliant best of all my car past!!! I've recommended F1 Autocenter to my friends!!...."
"Got told to turn up 8.15 managet didnt turn up until 9 making me 45 mins for late also kept other customers waiting outside no notice or communciation at all. Manager was also very rude and abrupt. Manager last year was a lot nicer shame he wasnt there . Would not recommend going here at ALL."
"For a lack of better judgement, I used f1 autocentre for 4 brand new Uniroyal tyres as they were cheaper inc fitting than anyone else. That’s my 1st mistake just cause cheaper doesn’t make them better. I guess you get what you pay for. Booked in for 10am on Sunday morning turned up at 09:50 as per the 10 mins they say to turn up. They took my car inside and faffed about for 1hr 40 mins doing the tyres most the time I looked inside they were standing around doing nothing and just chatting away without a care for the world. I missed an appointment I had because of this. I never used my car after the Sunday as was of work then on the Friday following I went to the appointment I missed and then that’s where the problems continue. The vibrations from the car was unbelievable my car seat was vibrating that much I thought was going to shake loose. I phoned up the garage and they got me in same day on my way back from my appointment. Got the car in and said it possible one of the weights had come off, which I accept can happen I suppose. Got the car back and though front wasn’t vibrating badly I still could feel something wasn’t right. So, I went to a local garage C&C Tyres in Bedworth. And he checked the balancing and this is the shocking part offside was out by 25g and nearside 125g. which is not acceptable at all maybe if I had paid the extra £2 rip of charge for advanced balancing they would have done a proper job in the first place (advanced balancing is a massive con). They had an opportunity to rectify the problem when I went back in but chose not to. If you live in Coventry area try C&C Tyres in Bedworth. Not these cowboys at f1autocentre. I have emailed the regional manager to express my dissatisfaction now wanting to see if I get a reply. But I would never use or recommend f1autocentre ever"
"I went into my local branch to have 2 tyres replaced which I believe front passenger side and rear drivers side. So ask for new ones fitted to the front, as front wheeled drive. I was told would be extra charge as they would rebalance any tyre moved. I question this as extra charge not for moving tires around but the re- balance? When the car was done the new tyres were fitted on the back? I then questioned this as front wheeled drive car and that’s the reason i wanted new ones as no traction! He said that it was there policy to put new ones on back which is Rubbish and don’t understand why they’d say that. I was also told my front disc and pads were worn and need changing, funny only had Mot less than 1000 miles ago and couldn’t have changed that much! I did use them once before and booked it on black circles which was prepaid and didn’t get any queries or tried to pick up any work along the way! Just to say I wasn’t charged in the end as exspressed my irritation!"
Stan, Strood
Verified Reviewer
"I am waiting right now for more than an hour and a half, no matter that i prebooked a time slot online. I'v been told that i'll be serviced asap, meenwhile i sow a dozen cars beeng proceeded before mine. Strood, Kent. They also lied to me shamelessly, pretending that theyr online platform wasn't in order for the last two days, but when i told my ger. plate num., everithing poped up on the screen. Am in real dobt that have any idea what "customer service" mean at all..."
"Disgusting customer service from the Hertford branch. Ordered 4 Avon tyres online for a “am” appointment. No time slots given. Branches opened at 10am. Arrived at 10am to be told there is a two hour wait minimum. This isn’t the issue! I politely suggested maybe introducing time slots on line so people can organise their weekend. This suggestion was simply greeted by rudenes, anger and a reply “ I have been running garages for 15 years”! Obviously the chap had a skin full the night before so woke up in a bad mood...! Tyres were £4 cheaper than anywhere else but i will never use this company again which such bad attitudes!!! A shame really"
"Wrong tyres fitted twice, first set too wide, 2nd set wrong rating and not what was ordered. Wheel alignment carried out but now the steering wheel us off centre. Told a refund wasn't possible. Peterborough branch, will not recommend"
"Don't book your car in for a service with your MOT.I have a 2010 plate,and booked a full service and mot ,because I need my car for work I have a service every year,so thought I would do it all in one go.So they did the service,told me that I should have a oil change which was on top ,change the fluid hand brake,new wiper blades new light bulbs,then failed it on the MOT ,informed me it failed on the emissions,there said they had tried everything,and couldn't get them down,said I needed to take it to another garage which I day.Cut a long story short,I was told I should get rid and buy a new car.So my car has gone to be scrapped,after paying for a full service over £300 in cost .Why didn't they do the mot first,so had an expensive lesson,so DO NOT have a service with your mot,wait until afterwards.At the end of the day I don't know if they did any of the work,because the other garage I went to had to change the spark plugs and yet I was charged for replacements on the service,2days before."
"Dodgy MOT."
"BURTON ON TRENT FRANCHISE! READ AND AVOID!!! SAD EXPERIENCE!! So how do you justify this review? Took a car to yourselves because it developed a noise on the left (passenger) front side of the car situated in the brakes / suspension area. The cowboys took my car for a check and came back to me saying that my shock absorber has collapsed and that it's severely dangerous to drive back home! To leave my car at once and do not drive under any condition. They advised that my shock absorber collapsed leaving the car to hang on a spring itself!!!!!! Quoted £290 to replace the shock absorber. Very quick to book the part, etc. So I drove back home 50 miles with the same strange noise, took the car to another F1 garage who asked me whether I was sane or not, BECAUSE there was NO PROBLEMS with any four shock absorbers, no problems with springs, no problems with mounts, no problems with brakes, no problems with steering, but only one tiny part has come lose which is the shock absorber dust guard (cap)!!!!!!!! AVOID THESE GUYS AT THE BURTON BRANCH AT ALL COSTS!!! Absolute cowboys! I can't believe they wanted to rip me off like this. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I will file a formal investigation to shut this franchise once and for good. SNAPPED SHOCK ABSORBER THAT IS HANGING ON A SPRING?!?!?!?!?! Unbelievable!!!!! The amount of people who probably got ripped off... Oh lord!"
"Have used F1 now about five times, and whilst I get the service I do I will go nowhere else, All the staff are great and George at Brentwood does a fantastic job................thanks Alf Jenkins"
"Had two new tires,wheels not balanced have taken back twice ,one wheel 20grams out ,other 15 grams out of balance still get steering shake, Iwas told it may be pads and discs ,THESE ARE NEW . Will take it to ATS, should have done in the first place"
"Wheel balancing"
"Rude and unhelpful staff. Left my son's car in bits for 3 days after saying they had ordered the wrong part twice! Bill came to far more than quoted. Avoid!"
"I just received a MOT postal reminder for my vehicle in Harlow , but no way hozay! after my previous year's experience having a service and brakes replaced there. My car's brakes had a bad scratching noise but after querying, muted response something to the effect "can't do anything now but bring it in sometime we will look at it! (Really!!). After taking it elsewhere it was reported that some foreign object screw or washer had bee logged between the pads and scratched the new pads badly."
"Booked my car in the morning in Hemel centre to change two tyres. When I got there at 10 am they said there is a backlog of 90 minutes. I wonder why accept booking if you cannot deliver, however I offered to come back later and the manager said to sort my car as soon as I got back. went again at 12pm just for him to say there is an hour wait. I waited and finally my car was attended to at 1pm. It took one hour to change two tyres by an inexperienced young worker who had to ask for help several times. There was 7 bays in the centre with only 3 people working and they were walking about and talking on the phone and getting out to get coffee, completely ignoring me waiting and looking at them. No apology was offered for the 3 hour delay that completely messed up my day. Not interested in customer care or perhaps not paying enough to more qualified mechanics. I am not sure what was going on. I had a bad experience and would not recommend this centre."
"Their can do attiude at resolving challenging obstacles. Reading"
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.76 based on 21 reviews