F1 Autocentres Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend F1 Autocentres

How would you rate F1 Autocentres ?

"Horrible experience. We ve ordered a Tyre online , paid for it aand got a massage it was unavailable! Rude customer service , waste of time"
"Shocking attention to detail and customer service Had MOT done and afterwards worked out they had submitted the incorrect mileage to DVLA. Asked them to get it updated but they said i would have to contact DVLA myself. Now i want to sell the car and cant because there is a 2k difference between DVLA and odometer. Branch staff didn't car at all - basically said it was my problem not theirs."
"From start to finish my experience at barnwell rd has been appalling my tyres are the wrong profile my car was damaged and the manager paul was rude and not helpful whatsoever so disappointed with customer service and definitely will not go here again!"
"Ordered 4 tyres for car and told to come anytime on Friday. Told I would have to wait 1/2 hour which was fine and then told it would take another 1.5 hours after that to fit! I asked if I could come back later as I couldn't stay out of work 2 hours and was told no booking system. I asked how it takes 1.5 hours to fit four tyres and was told to get my tyres done somewhere else, so I did! Terribly ignorant manager."
"Ordered £350 of tyres on 24 April for fitting 15 May. I turned up 30 minutes early and was asked to wait 45 minutes before being told my tyres were not there. They obviously didn't have the brains to check "Now who is coming in this morning / afternoon ? Have we got their tyres ? Useless. Never again."
"went to dunstable branch the guy there was called Glen so unprofessional rude would never step again into that branch bad service poor quality staff"
Andy. Newark Branch.
Verified Reviewer
"Dreadful Place in every way. Customer service they do not believe in. Forget that for a start. Very arrogant, obnoxious staff who neither smile, speak or acknowledge you. A real unwelcome feeling about the place, very blokey and intimidating. As for the work, carried out a service and informed me of over £200 worth of work needed to ensure my safety. Went elsewhere and non of the suggested work is needed. There is not a single reason to go here, not one. Why would you pay more to have unnecessary work carried out and be treated like an idiot. You have been warned!"
"There was an issue with my tyres not being delivered to the centre when I showed up at my appointment, so I had to go back at a later time. The customer service dealt with that, they apologised and gave me a compensation for the inconvenience caused."
"I had an appointment at 12.30 to change two tyres. I was 10 min early but I had to wait until 1.15 before they started doing my car. After 5 minutes they said they could not find my tyres and I had to go home and come again later. No compensation for that was offered, and when I asked if they could at least swap my other two wheels (winter tyres) with two wheels I had in the boot (summer tyres) they tried to charge me 30£! Also, I had free spring safety check and front wheel alignment check in my order, which they did not bother doing. And finally, the reception stank of cigarette."
"Staff running around like headless chickens. Too much worked booked. Turning away customers who have not booked online. One staff member reeling off all the problems the company were having. Absolutely no customer service. Had four new tyres fitted but they could not clear tyre pressure warning light on dashboard. I now have to take to Toyota to sort out!"
"Left my Car in potentially dangerous state, and do not Care! 1,I had 4 new tyres fitted, upon reading the safety check, they had wrong tyres and wrong details about spare, 2, Upon Checking my tyres later, I noticed the valves sticking out 2 inchs more than my wheels or tyres. But only on 3 wheels!. These if caught on a curb would rip out immediately. Or be pulled out by centrifugal force at speed. Which is an obvios safety issue . 3, Then I noticed the paint damage to my wheels from fitting. I contacted Emma at customer services who was initially helpful, asking for photo's etc, which I sent immediately, This was at 10 am, I was told someone would contact me. 4 hours later I queried no one had contacted myself, Emma informed me it would take 2-3 working days for a callback!, I queried the safety of driving my car in this state, NO REPLY, I had to take time off work to get them sorted immediately. I am still awaiting a call back 6 days later!. I took the car back to the same centre to get the valves changed, I was told the safety report was a typo, the valves weren't dangerous, and they do not affect the wheel balance!. And the wheel damage to both sides was me curbing the paint only on both sides, without any dinks in the wheels by the way! there machines have plastic feet so it is impossible to damage my wheels. They had also seen my email in the morning and decided not to call me in to replace the valves!. I am an ex tyre fitter, a fully qualified mechanic and now work in the Aerospace industry as an engineer. I am so angry!"
Steve Carroll
Verified Reviewer
"Had a tyre replaced, they ruined my locking wheel nut. Lucky found out at home, if had been driving and had a puncture, could've cost some money. However now just have to pay to replace nut and bolts instead. Either crooks or stupid. Maybe both. This was the Brentwood branch as well."
Don’t Recommend
Unverified Reviewer
"I took my car for a service recently at Dunstable formula one. I received a phone call from the hospital later that day asking me to attend 5pm. I called to ask if my car can be ready for 4pm the latest. Glen wasn’t sure but I was happy to leave my car there overnight so they can complete the job. He called me later on and told me that the car will be ready for 15.00. So I went to collect it and it wasn’t ready. At 15.30, he said that they are struggling to switch the service light off. I was happy to leave my car there and come back. He demanded that I will take the car and bring it back tomorrow as it only takes 5 minutes. When I came out of the hospital on next day, I called him. He said he will not do it today as it takes 45 minutes now to do. I was very unhappy as yesterday he said that it only takes 5 minutes. My partner was on the phone when Glen told me that he struggles with the service light. I went in and Glen was very rude and raised his voice. He said he will not do it. I explained that I am unable to attend any other time as I work long hours and weekends too. I will not recommend them as they don’t complete the job that you paid for properly and they just make up excuses and don’t want to do it. Today James came out to my work and it only took 3 minutes to switch the service light off. I was driving home from work and I’ve heard some scratching noise. I have checked eventually and realised that the metal panel under the engine was loose. If it fell off during driving, it could have caused an accident. I am not very happy as I consider this as negligence. Now I don’t have a car to get me to work. I paid lots of money recently there for the service and the MOT and the break pads change. I will definitely not return. Even my partner cancelled the service and we will go elsewhere. I emailed the head office but no response yet. I want this fixed immediately and I am looking for a compensation. Otherwise, I will take a legal action for all this negligence."
Scrapped Megane Owner
Unverified Reviewer
"From start to finish park gate branch absolutely useless they claim to be renault experts absolute bull. Car has piston 3 and valve had head skimmed all valves replaced timing belt unnecessary work and parts to have car, 3 weeks to have to pay for second opinion to repair now a bill to formula one, and now car had to be scrapped, Mark brooks regional manager, what a arrogant opinionated arse he is I am now unable to run my business please don't use!!!!"
Irate Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Booked in for tyre fitting. Two on the rear. Told that both tyres badly scrubbed (absolute mistruth) also the front pair (also mistruth) and presented with an opportunity to have laser wheel alignment carried out. Only £78.00. Agreed under duress. Recent MOT advised about low tread level on only one rear tyre. Work carried out at Colchester, North Station Road. If what I have experienced is typical of the whole organisation then the word SPIV is far too generous to them. If it is the local branch only, as I suspect, then someone must be removed from their position. Unnecessary work may have been carried out for no purpose other than improving the financial performance of the branch and enhancing bonuses. I consider this to be criminal! Cannot, will not, recommend."
"Complete incompetence, staff are clueless, from the fitters all the way up to the regional manager."
"I have always used Formula 1 Erdington but over the past 2 years the customer service has been dreadful. The technicians have no idea what they are doing and I have had one bad experience after another. Firstly my car would not start and they installed the wrong battery. Still had problems starting my car and told them repeatedly they had installed the wrong battery. In the winter months I had to keep jumpstarting my car and they said it was the starter motor. So I got my starter motor checked in 2 different garages. 3 months down the line I showed someone else my car and they told me it was the wrong size battery. Eventually F1 decided to change my battery to the correct size but there was no remorse the fact that they were wrong the first place. During this time before fitting in the correct battery they got me to go to another garage as they said it could be an electrical issue and it was sucking up my battery,this was also incorrect but no apology the fact that they had installed the wrong battery in the first instance. I suffered for over 3 months due to their incompetence. The only compensation I got was a free M.O.T. The problems I went through was enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown as they weren’t willing to accept their mistakes even though, I kept going back and telling them that they had installed the wrong battery."
"had a bad past with Portsmouth. but now the old manager has returned Richard card. this chap will turn this place around// just had a service and m.o.t no problems just good service man with Honda jazz Tuesday 27 feb 8.30 am"
"I bought 4 new Michelin Supersport tyres last year from Costco. As these were very expensive tyres I decided to have 4 wheel alignment done. Costco don't do alignment so I went to Fornula 1 as I have had my MOTs and services carried out by them for the last decade. The adjustment had to be done at Burton as Derby never had a full wheel alignment machine. The machine that does the print out was broken so I was advised I wouldn't get a report. I covered 5000 miles before my next MOT was due. Having had the MOT completed today my car failed due to my rear tyres worn to the core on the inside of both rear tyres. These are Michelin Supersport tyres and are premium tyres, I was told by Formula 1 they only guarantee tracking for 28days. The tracking on the front is fine but the rear toe is so far out that Formula 1 state that I have done this by driving around. After visiting Costco they stated that it is only due to the adjustment of the rear toe on both corners as the outside of the tyre is perfect and that maybe one tyre would knock out it I hit something in the road but both rear tyres losing exactly the same tread looks like misalignment. In addition to this if both rear tyres were knocked out from hitting something surely both front tyres would have suffered the same issues. My tyres are down to the metal cord on the inside and both Formula 1 sites are telling me its my fault and saying they can't do anything. I have contacted Nick Green the regional manager to no avail on the number supplied for him. Extremely annoyed is an understatement for how I feel. My last tyres wore out evenly until 1.6 and Formula 1 can only say it is my fault for the way I drive. To be honest I am extremely unimpressed by Formula 1 and will look at taking all my family cars elsewhere to be MOTd and serviced if this issue is not addressed by the regional manager. Now I having to fork out £500+ for new tyres to get past my MOT. The worst thing is I was going to go to Leicester today to see my sister with my wife and baby boy. Our tyres could have blown out and we could have died travelling on the motorway due to the incompetent work carried out by Formula 1."
"I’ve phone the garage and explain the issue in the car, been told that can be fixed only with major service, spent 4 hours and when I asked if they have fix the additive filter oil for emotion and reset with the computer they said nobody been told, call the manager and express my opinion, seems I was talking with no one, been told calls are recorded and someone will call. Summarising... no one called and I will move forward l, never gonna be back there and gonna try to find someone who can do the job I’ve asked for."
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.58 based on 40 reviews