F1 Autocentres Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend F1 Autocentres

How would you rate F1 Autocentres ?

"I had a offside front tyre replaced at Chelmsford branch, they advised me that the two rear were worn. By the time i got home rear the nearside rear was completely flat with a puncture. I strongly suspect fail play and will not be returning."
"Went to Southend on Sea Sutton road branch for an air con charge. Was advised after charging system that it was not working and required a new compressor for which was quoted over £300 . The gas they had put in was removed and no charge was made. On way home I switched on air con which worked perfectly ! One week later decided to go to the branch at Rayleigh road Eastwood to have system re charged. This lasted just one week so I returned again and was advised I required a new condenser as it was leaking. I rebooked back at the Sutton road branch for the new condenser to be fitted. Upon arriving in good time for the 10am appointment, I was advised that it had not been entered in the diary and I would have to make another appointment! No apology and an arrogant attitude with it. Disgusting service with wrong diagnosis to. It makes me wonder just how many times they give unsuspecting customers wrong diagnostic information resulting in them being ripped off! I have been in the motor trade and I know what can go on."
"AVOID AVOID AVOID Formula 1 Autocentre - Bulwell I booked the 40 point Master service with them. I dropped the car with them at 8.30 in the morning, I went into collect at 5.30 but had a wait of 30 mins as the car wasn’t finished, they had mentioned there had been an issue with the oil filter. Unfortunately when driving home after collecting it I noticed it was chugging , I nipped to Tesco on way home and when I got back in the car I noticed a puddle under the vehicle. I drove the mile home and had a look underneath the car and saw what looked like Oil dripping out, by this time I was aware of a very strong burning smell, there were also two large puddles under the car. Obviously I was unable to contact the garage that evening as they were closing as I left. This left me with a car I was unable to use and I had to cancel a meet up with friends in Derby that evening ….. bit annoying I waited at home the next morning for the garage to open so I could phone, I explained what had happened and despite at first trying to tell me it was residue left over from where there had been a spill during the fitting of the oil filter they did take eventually take my concerns seriously. I spoke to Ian who was very helpful, he agreed to get the vehicle recovered and sorted if I could get the key to him. I had to make my way to the garage and then onwards to work where I was over 2 hours late. The car was sorted on Tuesday and I was told it was a faulty oil filter and that was why the vehicle has lost its oil so I was able to collect on Tuesday at 5.30pm There are a few things I'm not happy about, although they did collect the car and sort it the next day . I am concerned that I drove my car with oil leaking out everywhere and worried about damage that may have been done to the car. I paid for a 40 point Master service, the last point on the list was to take the vehicle for a Test drive, this was not done, my vehicle was taken off the ramp and then handed over to me… had they test drove it they may have noticed the fault and I wouldn’t have driven home putting myself and my car at risk. I was very late for work Tuesday morning which has done me no favours career wise and I have lost pay as well as having to arrange and pay for alternative transport arrangements throughout Tuesday I feel that I was let down by the garage, I paid a lot of money for a service that left my car undriveable"
"Having booked on line and paid , with an appointment today knowing what van it was as registration was given. to change one tyre?? NO as it was too big for there workshop and didn't have a jack to lift the van. As for the staff 1 out of 10 rather abrupt and was given another place to try forget it . This Crawley unit needs retraining on customer relations. and check details before accepting a client."
"I had a major service and an mot booked in for a day. The traffic was awful so I was 10 minutes late so they cancelled my mot which was annoying to start with. They don’t do mot’s on Saturday so I booked mot with Halfords. They did my service and said everything was fine. I then had my mot 6 days later and it failed due to the wipers needing replacing. I had to wait around for an hour to have them replaced. They showed me my old wipers and they were in awful condition, the blade had come off one and they were both wonkey due to being worn. I think it’s awful that this was missed in the service. I called up and complained about this and just received a patronising response saying ‘thanks for your feedback’. Won’t be coming here again. Sticking to Halfords - a reliable chain with great customer service."
"Vehicle came out worse after a service making grinding noises, formula one looked at sorting but said could not find anything & basicly washed their hands off it, they recommend coolant change every two years but this is not the case, check with your main dealer, mine was every TEN years. Garage workers/management are all jack the lads cocky workers. They use the cheapest of cheap stuff which won't last long. My advice steer clear of this money grabbing poor workmanship company & spend a little bit more getting the job done properly & proffessionaly."
"Ordered some two front tires fitted, in addition had free safety and alignment test done. after the work has been carried out i have been offered the wheel alignment done as it was out. I didn't agree as the price was to high even after the offer they've made me (Got it done at National Tires front and back for £30) Selling bloke didn't like that, threw me the printout and said that next time i will have to pay a full price. Very rude. Anyway after two days strange noise appeared from the front and steering wheel started wobbling after 70 m/h. It appears wheel nuts were loose, Could you believe that? Anyway noise stooped but not the wobbling, going where today to have it re balanced. Could go anywhere else just because it is such a poor service I will keep coming back until I will get what I've paid for. Would not recommend"
"Ordered and paid for 4 new tyres online on Monday evening and arranged to be fitted on Wednesday morning. Tuesday received a call from F1 Autocentres head office advising that the tyres were not in stock and could I call Enfield in the morning to check the requested tyres had been delivered. Wednesday morning phoned Enfied to check before driving down there. They had, Drove down to the centre only to be advised that there would be an hour and a half wait before they could even start fitting! Also advised that the tyres were in stock and didn’t know why I had been called. I could have been at the centre when they opened. I had already taken the morning off work and could not lose 2 1/2 hours out of my day. There are four fitting bays at the Enfield branch (three were empty) and only one mechanic actually fitting any tyres! F1 Autocentres my be quite good on price but would definitely not use the Enfield branch again. You can be sure I will not be recommending F1 Autocentres to any of my friends or family."
"Horrible experience. We ve ordered a Tyre online , paid for it aand got a massage it was unavailable! Rude customer service , waste of time"
"Shocking attention to detail and customer service Had MOT done and afterwards worked out they had submitted the incorrect mileage to DVLA. Asked them to get it updated but they said i would have to contact DVLA myself. Now i want to sell the car and cant because there is a 2k difference between DVLA and odometer. Branch staff didn't car at all - basically said it was my problem not theirs."
"From start to finish my experience at barnwell rd has been appalling my tyres are the wrong profile my car was damaged and the manager paul was rude and not helpful whatsoever so disappointed with customer service and definitely will not go here again!"
"Ordered 4 tyres for car and told to come anytime on Friday. Told I would have to wait 1/2 hour which was fine and then told it would take another 1.5 hours after that to fit! I asked if I could come back later as I couldn't stay out of work 2 hours and was told no booking system. I asked how it takes 1.5 hours to fit four tyres and was told to get my tyres done somewhere else, so I did! Terribly ignorant manager."
"Ordered £350 of tyres on 24 April for fitting 15 May. I turned up 30 minutes early and was asked to wait 45 minutes before being told my tyres were not there. They obviously didn't have the brains to check "Now who is coming in this morning / afternoon ? Have we got their tyres ? Useless. Never again."
"went to dunstable branch the guy there was called Glen so unprofessional rude would never step again into that branch bad service poor quality staff"
"Dreadful Place in every way. Customer service they do not believe in. Forget that for a start. Very arrogant, obnoxious staff who neither smile, speak or acknowledge you. A real unwelcome feeling about the place, very blokey and intimidating. As for the work, carried out a service and informed me of over £200 worth of work needed to ensure my safety. Went elsewhere and non of the suggested work is needed. There is not a single reason to go here, not one. Why would you pay more to have unnecessary work carried out and be treated like an idiot. You have been warned!"
"There was an issue with my tyres not being delivered to the centre when I showed up at my appointment, so I had to go back at a later time. The customer service dealt with that, they apologised and gave me a compensation for the inconvenience caused."
"I had an appointment at 12.30 to change two tyres. I was 10 min early but I had to wait until 1.15 before they started doing my car. After 5 minutes they said they could not find my tyres and I had to go home and come again later. No compensation for that was offered, and when I asked if they could at least swap my other two wheels (winter tyres) with two wheels I had in the boot (summer tyres) they tried to charge me 30£! Also, I had free spring safety check and front wheel alignment check in my order, which they did not bother doing. And finally, the reception stank of cigarette."
"Staff running around like headless chickens. Too much worked booked. Turning away customers who have not booked online. One staff member reeling off all the problems the company were having. Absolutely no customer service. Had four new tyres fitted but they could not clear tyre pressure warning light on dashboard. I now have to take to Toyota to sort out!"
"Left my Car in potentially dangerous state, and do not Care! 1,I had 4 new tyres fitted, upon reading the safety check, they had wrong tyres and wrong details about spare, 2, Upon Checking my tyres later, I noticed the valves sticking out 2 inchs more than my wheels or tyres. But only on 3 wheels!. These if caught on a curb would rip out immediately. Or be pulled out by centrifugal force at speed. Which is an obvios safety issue . 3, Then I noticed the paint damage to my wheels from fitting. I contacted Emma at customer services who was initially helpful, asking for photo's etc, which I sent immediately, This was at 10 am, I was told someone would contact me. 4 hours later I queried no one had contacted myself, Emma informed me it would take 2-3 working days for a callback!, I queried the safety of driving my car in this state, NO REPLY, I had to take time off work to get them sorted immediately. I am still awaiting a call back 6 days later!. I took the car back to the same centre to get the valves changed, I was told the safety report was a typo, the valves weren't dangerous, and they do not affect the wheel balance!. And the wheel damage to both sides was me curbing the paint only on both sides, without any dinks in the wheels by the way! there machines have plastic feet so it is impossible to damage my wheels. They had also seen my email in the morning and decided not to call me in to replace the valves!. I am an ex tyre fitter, a fully qualified mechanic and now work in the Aerospace industry as an engineer. I am so angry!"
"Had a tyre replaced, they ruined my locking wheel nut. Lucky found out at home, if had been driving and had a puncture, could've cost some money. However now just have to pay to replace nut and bolts instead. Either crooks or stupid. Maybe both. This was the Brentwood branch as well."
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.50 based on 48 reviews