F1 Autocentres Reviews

Tyres
MOT & Servicing
Car Parts

Tell us how F1 Autocentres made you happy

"Booked my Dads Ford Galaxy for a minor service filters oil etc, it was in for 8 hrs rang to see when it would be ready they said it was being worked on and would ring when ready to be picked up. They rang my parents to announce they couldn't change the engine oil because you need a special tool to undo the sump plug only available at Ford main dealers pity they didn't know before hand. They did say to pick it up with no charge but wheel alignment and tyre balancing needed doing and they normally charge £160 but would do it for £90 told them to stick it as the tyres are wearing evenly and no wobble on the wheels when driving. Absolute cobblers conning bas#ards not happy."
Are you F1 Autocentres? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Formular One Autocenters damaged my car. I have been using this Formula one for some time, with 3 cars in the family I have used them for MOT's and repairs over a long period. However the measure of any company is how well they deal with a problem, and my experience has shown this organisation to be shocking in every way. I booked my car for an mot test at the Hemel Hempstead branch, I washed and checked my car prior to dropping of my car, when I arrived it was manic, no where to park and cars and lorries coming in at one end and fast lane of cars at the other end going to a car wash. I was so uncomfortable leaving my car in this situation I stayed with it until the mot tester arrived, and then went for a walk. When I came back I saw my car being taken off the premises for a test drive (never seen this before on previous mot's done else where) I waited for him to return, and met him on the forecourt, I immediately noticed my car was damaged, and pointed this out to the tester and then called the Manager. It was evident it was fresh damage, and I know it was not there when I handed the car over to them. The manager took photos and said he would get back to me that day, in fact it was the next day. As I am sure you have guessed they washed their hands of any responsibility, leaving me with the bill for the damage they caused. Be warned when you take your car into their premises, if you have a nice car in good condition as it may not come out as it went in. You may save a few pounds on and mot or service, but it could work out a lot more expensive, take your car to good reliable company the takes care of your pride and joy. My main dealer always comes out and checks the car with me pointing out any issues and does the same when you collect your car. I have learnt a lesson on this incident and will never let Formula one near any of my cars again, they are a shocking company and advise anyone to take extra care if you are leaving a valuable car in their hands."
"Never again, they damaged under body of my car."
"Absolute con! Went for a service(pre paid online) then surprise surprise had a phone call with a long list of mis diagnosed problems. The mechanic , graig english told me i had oil leaking from a shock absorber(car is nearly new) so they replaced it. I had a bill for £660 and was shell shocked but paid(i couldnt really not pay) i had known of a small liquid leak before going to garage but the liquid was odourless and clear! I took it to a different garage that told me the shock absorber didnt need replacing because the oil graig english said was leaking was actually just air con water! I had never experienced any oil on my driveway but apparently it was so bad it needed replacing! Would never use again and cannot recommend, iv had my fingers burnt by formula one autocentres. Employ mechanics that dont mis diagnose problems, feel like ringing watchdog. This was at the farnborough branch"
"No Customer service! Not a proper garage, avoid at all cost."
"Would advise anyone to avoid this garage! Had 2 tyres fitted onto my car, both of which started to lose pressure, after taking my car back, being told they were fine and still experiencing issues I decided to take to another garage. I was there told and shown that the tyres had not been sealed properly and ultimately the reason for the deflation! Customer service at the centre was terrible and in no way did they offer an apology or resolution, just advised the information I had was wrong! Just as a side note, I actually paid an extra £90 to have the alignment corrected on the vehicle as advised by them at the time, I'm left wondering if this was actually needed or even completed!!"
"Went for my 2.00pm appointment for brake pads to be fitted only to be told they were short staffed and it would be a longer wait. How long is anyone's guess but I had a lesson to teach after my slot. Why did they not phone me to let me know if I could do a later time. Will not be going back."
"Bobbie at the Reading garage was really helpful. I had purchased a tyre and booking online as my rear left tyre had a nail in it and I was uneasy about driving to the garage with my two young children in tow. Bobbie advised on arrival that he may be able to repair it but there was no guarantee, and on inspection he informed me that this was the case and organised a refund for the purchased tyre. I really liked Bobbie’s enthusiasm and honesty as many garages can take advantage just to get the sale."
"Went to the stoke garage today for a brake fluid change. Driving home with my child in the Car my brakes failed, only turns out they burst one of my brake pipes whilst changing the fluid and i narrowly avoided an accident. Had it fixed by another garage this afternoon who have given written proof that it was F1's fault. I will be visiting them tomorrow!"
"Had an MOT and full service plus 2 tyres Next day had to drive over a hundred miles and back home on a stop after reversing I noticed oil were I had been parked took the car back to F1 they had not fitted the oil filter correctly and the car had lost over a litre of oil ,they did resolve the issue but will l be returning l think not"
"Went for a new tyre which was done very quickly. Upon finishing I got told that one of my shock absorbers was leaking. So I took it to my trusted mechanic and he said there was nothing wrong with it. Great for tyre replace but go elsewhere for anything else as they try to rip you off"
"you can only tell how good or bad company is when there's an issue and how well they resolved the issue. had some brake pads fitted that was squealing no quibble no argument they replace the pads and give me a good deal on the price very happy with them"
"Booked online for tyres and mot at Kings lynn branch. When I arrived I was told tyres were not booked in and they were running 1 hour late with MOT I ended up being there 2 1/2 hours before they informed me they could not do the MOT as the machine had broken earlier that day, I was not offered a drink whilst there and could not buy one as the machine charged £1 and had no cash on me. No offer of a new date for MOT was told to ring next week and find out if machine was repaired. I telephoned customer services the next day to complain and following day the Area manager telephoned me. he was very rude and said If I wanted a drink I should have walked to Tescos or Gregs, I also pointed out I had had a 30 mile round trip for nothing, he said that's up to you how far you travel for a garage and is not my fault. he then offered £5 off my MOT which was later changed to a free MOT They have now lost 4 customers as my family used to use them but never again."
"EXCELLENT service would definitely use f1 for all my future services."
"I had 2 tyres fitted at the Norwich branch yesterday Sunday 31st March 2019 on my fiesta YB15 --- and was told before they were fitted that they check the alignment for free, the tyres were only £73 for 2 and I knew exactly what was going to happen when they supposedly checked the alignment and I was right, I was told it was 5% out and not being a mechanic didn't know if that was good or bad, so felt pressured to have it done, and that cost £39.95 more than the price of a tyre. seems if you buy cheap tyres they have got to make the money up somewhere by charging for alignment that doesn't necessarily needs doing, but should be included in the tyre fitting NOT HAPPY."
"My first visit to the Autocentre yesterday I asked them if they could check the transmission oil and my gearbox Vauxhall Insignia they said they could at the cost of £35 for half an hour's work plus the oil totalling £48 I agree to have this done in front of me he printed off the instructions the mechanic took my car put it on the ramp during the 45 minutes it was on the ramp the mechanic kept going under the car looking at my gearbox I'm walking away he repeatedly did this three or 4 times backwards and forwards to his toolbox then he got the drain tray looking like he was going to drain off the oil which I didn't ask them to do just to check it and refill it he then stood there looking at my gearbox reading the instructions that had been printed off so I went to the office and said I didn't think the mechanic knew what he was doing lack of knowledge seen as this Autocentre advertisers servicing which tumi includes check in all oils on vehicles they should know what they doing I was not offered another mechanic to take over the job so I asked them to take my car off the ramp and I will take it somewhere else that know what they are doing Formula 1 Autocentre should stick to changing tyres but by the look of some of the reviews they can't even do that I will never visit one of these centres again worse than a Back Street Garage. Shocking"
"Fitted tyre incorrectly causing shredding while driving trying to get the problem rectified was a nightmare unhelpful unprofessional took two months to get a refund I can honestly say it was the worst service I’ve ever had in any industry in my life and wouldn’t recommend this company (Derby branch) if they were the last company on earth they are a bunch of amateurs and don’t know how to run a business or fit tyres."
"Bought a Golf R32 from up in Scotland from the falkirk garage last month. The guy who dealt with me was called Boydy. He was was great to deal with and always kept me updated with what was going on. When I bought the car and got home I noticed that the gear box wasn't right. They ended up reconditioning my gearbox and the car now drives perfect. While having this done they were able to give me curtesy cars to get about. Due to this I would consider buying though this car salesman again!"
"The last time I went here the customer service wasn’t great, I dealt with a young chap called Thomas, he was very polite & helpful, he is a great asset to the organisation."
"I visited my Harrow Formula One center today for a Tyre replace I clearly advised the manager what and which wheels require swapping he nodded don'y worry. I was at the center and after 45 mins one of the fitter's came and advised me all is done ! Which I was surprised anyway out of curiosity I was about to drive off but my instinct sensed me to check good thing I checked none of the wheels where changed I went back to the manger and apologized and had a firing word with the fitter's he advice's he did not check the work sheet how "True" could this be is there some to check what's going on reaping innocent customer who leave there car with these "Thugs" - I call them money grabbers beware I have since refereed my concerns to the head office what they will do about this infact the staff do not get on there that is what I notice so what will you achieve out of this environment - Just being robbed I suggest this story should be given to watch dog I am sure I am not the only one to closely being ripped of ( Nearly ) But they were caught of guard - Be warned these are "THUGS""
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.65 based on 106 reviews