F1 Autocentres Reviews

Tyres
MOT & Servicing
Car Parts

Tell us how F1 Autocentres made you happy

"I wouldn't go back there as long as i have a hole in my rear. Scam you with extras you don't need. Number one choice to scam you is a 'free wheel alignment check'. Always costs nearly £30!!"
Are you F1 Autocentres? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback F1 Autocentres receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Booked MOT online, thinking it's convenient and cheap. Did think they may try and make up faults! And it happened, I was failed with a 'dangerous' fault, that will cost me £250 to fix. Given every scare tactic like don't drive away.. you will be arrested etc etc.. then even asked how much can you afford if not £250. Went to a proper mechanic straight away, was advised that the break disc was indeed nearing end of service life but not dangerous. Adviced to try another reputable MOT place. And guess what! it passed!! Went back to the mechanic to book the work in, and it's been booked in 2 days time for £120!! Moral of the story.. stay away, the cheap MOT are just loss leaders to rope you in. Garage: Woodford Branch. MOT took 1 hour 20 minutes!!"
"Everything went wrong. They had my car alday till 5.20pm for an MOT and service that was booked 6 weeks prior. They moved my wheels so that i would think i needed wheel alignment even though i had had them done 3 weeks prior. I took the car back to the garage that had done them before straight away and they said that they had been greased and moved so i had to get the my garage to correct what they had done. They snapped my engine cover and put it as an advisory to cover it up. My husband asked them the next day f they would put a snapped engine cover as an advisory and they said no. So it was done just to cover up the fact that they had done it as we know it was fine before it went into their hands. They tried to charge me for extra oil when i questioned it they said we wont charge you its not worth the hassle! I have contacted the area Manager who had said he would deal with it but he has dailed to deal with t as this happened on October 19th and im still waiting..."
"Treated just like a number rather than an individual customer. The company has become too big and all they care about is getting the cash. Service is secondary, even when you give them evidence that they have done something wrong, you'll be met with excuse after excuse! I went to an independent garage and they even explained that F1 autocentres will not spend quality time on your vehicle but they will charge you the full amount! Trust the independent garages over companies such as F1 autocentres."
"Booked to have 2 front tyres fitted at the newbury branch , asked if they could be extra careful with the wheels , as they had just been replaced under warranty . waited over an hour for them to be done , whilst waiting the guy doing them came in to the waiting area and ask me what pressure i would like in them too which i replied the correct one ! when i went to my car there was damage on the offside wheel , after getting the assistant manager out i was told we did not do that , so why did you not point it out to me before you started work i asked ,no answer . excuse after excuse followed by lies . you will have to speak to the manager tomorrow ,long story short, manager agreed they had done the damage with there machine . and agreed to pay the £144 repair cost . so i removed the wheel and took it to a specialist dew to the nature of the damage and the type of wheel mobile companies would not do it . so as i have no spare wheel i had no car for 3 days sat on axle stand on my drive , friend lent me a car so i could go to work , but i still lost 4 hours pay as a result . so if you value your wheels stear clear"
"I only went for 2 tyres to be fitted at the Mansfield branch. I didn't sign up for a lecture from some upstart. Also they damaged my wheel quite badly and said it was already damaged before I took it in. This company just wants to try and sell you more and more desire whether you want it doing or not. And damages your car if you don't want it. Also they left the old tyre in the back for me to dispose of."
"Took my son’s car to have a wheel bearing changed, got a call to say it wasn’t the wheel bearing but the shock absorbers and break pads and disc’s at the rear needing changing both side, then I get a call later in the day saying the passenger side wheel bearing does need changing ( what a surprise) Then a few hours later get another call saying that they are having all sorts of problems with trying to get one of the nuts off to change the wheel bearing, he told me they had been trying to remove it for the past 3 hours!! He told ( the manager this is ) that if they could remove the nut he would change the wheel bearing for free !! I knew then that this was not going to happen.. Got a call later saying car was done, well what they could do and was ready for collection. I collected the car at 5.45pm and told the wheel bearing nut had fused on and they couldn’t remove it.. The manager recommended a bmw specialist person he knew who might be able to get it off. I drove off down the road with the car making the exact same noise it was making when I took it there.. The next day I took it to another local garage explained the situation, they took the car in took the nut off that formula 1 garage had mullered and changed the bearing, that they said they where unable to remove, especially after they destroyed it anyway.. ( my local garage showed me the nut after they welded it to get a grip on it to remove it, and you would never have know it was a nut it was that bad) Anyway job all done and paid.. Or so I thought, the next day after driving the car about 25 miles the car starts making really bad noise’s every time it hits the smallest of bumps.. So I run it back to my local garage and they give the car a good look over and find the problem, formula 1 garage hadn’t tightened one of the nuts on the shock absorbers properly and it had worked lose and come off completely.. I’ve no idea why they wouldn’t tighten nuts up fully.. I would not recommend this garage in any shape or form to anybody, when I phoned round they where the cheapest but that wasn’t the case in the long run.. please beware.. shocking services.."
"Bad service"
"F1 autocentre in Harlow Essex Good workmanship but ohhhh soo slow Took over 3 hours to change 4 tyres and do a alignment People standing around with no real zip in the step"
"I paid for a master servicing + MOT. They serviced first and then sent me a bill of over £700 for stuff to replace before MOT could take place. I thought it was too much, given how well kept the car has been. They eventually pushed the price down to £500 and it passed MOT, but the issues didn't stop there. The MOT print out was barely legible. When asked to be issued another one, was first told it would be emailed to me. Waited a week and nothing came through, so called again and then they said I needed to bring the car back to be examined before they could issue another one! Finally, they did something to my car that messed up the electricals on a back light on the dashboard and then said they don't deal with electrical so I had to go somewhere else to get it fixed and bear the cost. Also, very rude service over the phone by someone who introduced himself as Rich. This was my first and last time with them and I am definitely not recommending them to anyone."
"No care taken in removing my exhaust bashing it against the bumper. When I objected told to leave fitting bay due to health and safety!! Did not order enough parts so had to make 2 visits and cost more than original quote."
"Terrible experience in October 2018. I have Alloygator wheel protectors on my alloys. These are a red rings of plastic around the rim of the wheel to protect the back alloy from curbing. Before I went to have my rear tyres replaced I phoned up to confirm the time of the appointment and let them know I had these on the car. 'No problem' I was told over the phone so nothing to worry about there. Next day I took my car in, again, before the work started I said I had these aftermarket protectors on my wheels. Nothing was raised as a potential issue. Then, an hour and a half later (should have taken 40 mins), a slightly apologetic and very flustered mechanic came in saying he couldn't get the protectors back on. I had already missed to meetings at work so couldn't wait all day for him to keep on trying, not that this was offered. He had had enough and wanted to call it a day. So even though I had raised this potential issue twice before I have ended up with 2 useless protectors that are in the boot of the car. When raised with the manager, Alex I think his name was, he completely dismissed it being his problem, no apology, no acceptance that they shouldn't have proceeded with the work without saying there was a risk as they didn't know the product or any offer of a good will gesture. Do not go to this establishment if you would like to be treated with any decency, manners or like you matter. I will be following this up with the ombudsmen as fortunately they had leaflets in the waiting room to let me know I could! If I could give 0 stars I would."
"Apparently my front break pads, discs needed replacing, and also 2 tyres and a list of other items “for my safety”! Got quoted just under £480 so rang my trusted, honest , reliable garage, who inspected and pads & discs half-way worn, disagreed with other items so just 2 tyres & tracking....... £168!!!! Wouldn’t ever recommend or visit ‘F1’ again - bunch of rip off idiots! I wouldn’t even give them a one star rating!"
"Completely ruined my car, incorrectly serviced resulting in engine damage. Also managed to leave my brakes in a dangerous state, despite replacing brakes entirely twice. Cost of their incompetence over £1500! Stay away from these cowboys. PS customer service is non existent. Sad to think a company this large treats customers so poorly and is prepared to let a “serviced & repaired” car out of their garage in a unsafe and dangerous condition."
"Rubish job"
"Rip off... Bedford Told me I needed work done it would 600 pound. I priced work with a well known garage in area and it would have been 260 pound cheaper.. Think they seen a woman and thought they could make some extra. Money. Then tried to change me n extra 25 pound on top service price I was given after I refused to have the other work done. Would never ever recomend them. Would rather pay another garage who are more expensive I know won't rip me off. Didn't even change break light for me. Not even sure service was done...."
"Had a replacement tyre from the Cannock depot on the 30th August, i was missold a premium tyre, where they had a budget tyre in stock. when a i enquired next morning. Im in the process of getting a refund, and have been advised it takes 5-10 working days for this to be processed. I have since been advised(15th September), that 2 directors have to sign a cheque, for this to be processed. Im having to chase constantly to the area manager for upadates, its a complete fob off. Im still waiting!!!!!"
"Went to Woodford branch today. All I wanted was to buy one tyre and take it with me (I am a tyre fitter myself and my father had broken down in London) at first this was fine. I was given a price and confirmed the tyre was in stock. Then all of a sudden it was impossible to just sell me a tyre. They had to fit it and balance it themselves! But my fathers car had broken down in London so this was impossible. Manager didn’t know what he was doing so called a technician in who was rude and basically just said “we won’t do it we never have and never will” How shocking. Well thanks formula one you left a disabled man stuck in London for hours awaiting recovery. Shocking customer service. First time going to a formula one branch and will certainly be the last. There was another 3 people in the office same time as me and none of them had a good word to say."
"I phone up today at 8.30am for front brake pads,given a price which I accepted I told the manger I am self employed so I could not afford to wait around all day we agreed on 3 pm today,I asked was that enough time to get the pads in and I was told parts delivered within the hour,on arrival at 3 pm I was told I would have to wait for a ramp to be available waited 1.5 hours until 4.30 pm he then checked the via trolley jack on the floor to then be told he had give the wrong price,also the parts supplier would be closing soon so unable to help today,could I come back some later in the week? I offered this morning to pay up front for the job,I run a small business if I treated my clients this way I would be out of business . Do yourselve a favour avoid this company they treat you like something on the bottom of their shoe."
"Booked to have two rear tyres replaced at the chelmsford branch, checked on progress and found then changing the front tyres that were nearly new. On returning home found that they had substituted one of the front tyres with one of the rear tyres that I had asked to be replaced. I will not be returning the staff are unreliable and incompetent."
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.45 based on 71 reviews