F1 Autocentres Reviews

F1 Autocentres have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their customer service and are happy with their prices. Full Insights

10% of reviewers recommend F1 Autocentres

Motoring
Tyres
MOT & Servicing
Car Parts

How would you rate F1 Autocentres ?

"No care taken in removing my exhaust bashing it against the bumper. When I objected told to leave fitting bay due to health and safety!! Did not order enough parts so had to make 2 visits and cost more than original quote."
"Terrible experience in October 2018. I have Alloygator wheel protectors on my alloys. These are a red rings of plastic around the rim of the wheel to protect the back alloy from curbing. Before I went to have my rear tyres replaced I phoned up to confirm the time of the appointment and let them know I had these on the car. 'No problem' I was told over the phone so nothing to worry about there. Next day I took my car in, again, before the work started I said I had these aftermarket protectors on my wheels. Nothing was raised as a potential issue. Then, an hour and a half later (should have taken 40 mins), a slightly apologetic and very flustered mechanic came in saying he couldn't get the protectors back on. I had already missed to meetings at work so couldn't wait all day for him to keep on trying, not that this was offered. He had had enough and wanted to call it a day. So even though I had raised this potential issue twice before I have ended up with 2 useless protectors that are in the boot of the car. When raised with the manager, Alex I think his name was, he completely dismissed it being his problem, no apology, no acceptance that they shouldn't have proceeded with the work without saying there was a risk as they didn't know the product or any offer of a good will gesture. Do not go to this establishment if you would like to be treated with any decency, manners or like you matter. I will be following this up with the ombudsmen as fortunately they had leaflets in the waiting room to let me know I could! If I could give 0 stars I would."
"Apparently my front break pads, discs needed replacing, and also 2 tyres and a list of other items “for my safety”! Got quoted just under £480 so rang my trusted, honest , reliable garage, who inspected and pads & discs half-way worn, disagreed with other items so just 2 tyres & tracking....... £168!!!! Wouldn’t ever recommend or visit ‘F1’ again - bunch of rip off idiots! I wouldn’t even give them a one star rating!"
"Completely ruined my car, incorrectly serviced resulting in engine damage. Also managed to leave my brakes in a dangerous state, despite replacing brakes entirely twice. Cost of their incompetence over £1500! Stay away from these cowboys. PS customer service is non existent. Sad to think a company this large treats customers so poorly and is prepared to let a “serviced & repaired” car out of their garage in a unsafe and dangerous condition."
"Rubish job"
"Rip off... Bedford Told me I needed work done it would 600 pound. I priced work with a well known garage in area and it would have been 260 pound cheaper.. Think they seen a woman and thought they could make some extra. Money. Then tried to change me n extra 25 pound on top service price I was given after I refused to have the other work done. Would never ever recomend them. Would rather pay another garage who are more expensive I know won't rip me off. Didn't even change break light for me. Not even sure service was done...."
"Had a replacement tyre from the Cannock depot on the 30th August, i was missold a premium tyre, where they had a budget tyre in stock. when a i enquired next morning. Im in the process of getting a refund, and have been advised it takes 5-10 working days for this to be processed. I have since been advised(15th September), that 2 directors have to sign a cheque, for this to be processed. Im having to chase constantly to the area manager for upadates, its a complete fob off. Im still waiting!!!!!"
"Went to Woodford branch today. All I wanted was to buy one tyre and take it with me (I am a tyre fitter myself and my father had broken down in London) at first this was fine. I was given a price and confirmed the tyre was in stock. Then all of a sudden it was impossible to just sell me a tyre. They had to fit it and balance it themselves! But my fathers car had broken down in London so this was impossible. Manager didn’t know what he was doing so called a technician in who was rude and basically just said “we won’t do it we never have and never will” How shocking. Well thanks formula one you left a disabled man stuck in London for hours awaiting recovery. Shocking customer service. First time going to a formula one branch and will certainly be the last. There was another 3 people in the office same time as me and none of them had a good word to say."
"I phone up today at 8.30am for front brake pads,given a price which I accepted I told the manger I am self employed so I could not afford to wait around all day we agreed on 3 pm today,I asked was that enough time to get the pads in and I was told parts delivered within the hour,on arrival at 3 pm I was told I would have to wait for a ramp to be available waited 1.5 hours until 4.30 pm he then checked the via trolley jack on the floor to then be told he had give the wrong price,also the parts supplier would be closing soon so unable to help today,could I come back some later in the week? I offered this morning to pay up front for the job,I run a small business if I treated my clients this way I would be out of business . Do yourselve a favour avoid this company they treat you like something on the bottom of their shoe."
"Booked to have two rear tyres replaced at the chelmsford branch, checked on progress and found then changing the front tyres that were nearly new. On returning home found that they had substituted one of the front tyres with one of the rear tyres that I had asked to be replaced. I will not be returning the staff are unreliable and incompetent."
"Reading branch, Took my car for MOT today, car failed, but they kept car with them to check what was needed, so could tell me how much it would cost to fix. Once i agreed on price they did work straight away. MOT was at 10.30 car ready with passed MOT by 17.15. Also the payment plan they offer is brilliant. Thankyou very much guy you were all well mannered and did a good job."
"Booked in appointment for 12 o’clock Car didn’t go in till 1pm If it was another tyre centre I would have walked away and went elsewhere but as you prepay and want to go through the haste of getting a refund you have to stick with them Poor show Won’t use them again"
"Bad attitude of some staff made visit poor"
"I had a offside front tyre replaced at Chelmsford branch, they advised me that the two rear were worn. By the time i got home rear the nearside rear was completely flat with a puncture. I strongly suspect fail play and will not be returning."
"Went to Southend on Sea Sutton road branch for an air con charge. Was advised after charging system that it was not working and required a new compressor for which was quoted over £300 . The gas they had put in was removed and no charge was made. On way home I switched on air con which worked perfectly ! One week later decided to go to the branch at Rayleigh road Eastwood to have system re charged. This lasted just one week so I returned again and was advised I required a new condenser as it was leaking. I rebooked back at the Sutton road branch for the new condenser to be fitted. Upon arriving in good time for the 10am appointment, I was advised that it had not been entered in the diary and I would have to make another appointment! No apology and an arrogant attitude with it. Disgusting service with wrong diagnosis to. It makes me wonder just how many times they give unsuspecting customers wrong diagnostic information resulting in them being ripped off! I have been in the motor trade and I know what can go on."
"AVOID AVOID AVOID Formula 1 Autocentre - Bulwell I booked the 40 point Master service with them. I dropped the car with them at 8.30 in the morning, I went into collect at 5.30 but had a wait of 30 mins as the car wasn’t finished, they had mentioned there had been an issue with the oil filter. Unfortunately when driving home after collecting it I noticed it was chugging , I nipped to Tesco on way home and when I got back in the car I noticed a puddle under the vehicle. I drove the mile home and had a look underneath the car and saw what looked like Oil dripping out, by this time I was aware of a very strong burning smell, there were also two large puddles under the car. Obviously I was unable to contact the garage that evening as they were closing as I left. This left me with a car I was unable to use and I had to cancel a meet up with friends in Derby that evening ….. bit annoying I waited at home the next morning for the garage to open so I could phone, I explained what had happened and despite at first trying to tell me it was residue left over from where there had been a spill during the fitting of the oil filter they did take eventually take my concerns seriously. I spoke to Ian who was very helpful, he agreed to get the vehicle recovered and sorted if I could get the key to him. I had to make my way to the garage and then onwards to work where I was over 2 hours late. The car was sorted on Tuesday and I was told it was a faulty oil filter and that was why the vehicle has lost its oil so I was able to collect on Tuesday at 5.30pm There are a few things I'm not happy about, although they did collect the car and sort it the next day . I am concerned that I drove my car with oil leaking out everywhere and worried about damage that may have been done to the car. I paid for a 40 point Master service, the last point on the list was to take the vehicle for a Test drive, this was not done, my vehicle was taken off the ramp and then handed over to me… had they test drove it they may have noticed the fault and I wouldn’t have driven home putting myself and my car at risk. I was very late for work Tuesday morning which has done me no favours career wise and I have lost pay as well as having to arrange and pay for alternative transport arrangements throughout Tuesday I feel that I was let down by the garage, I paid a lot of money for a service that left my car undriveable"
"Having booked on line and paid , with an appointment today knowing what van it was as registration was given. to change one tyre?? NO as it was too big for there workshop and didn't have a jack to lift the van. As for the staff 1 out of 10 rather abrupt and was given another place to try forget it . This Crawley unit needs retraining on customer relations. and check details before accepting a client."
"I had a major service and an mot booked in for a day. The traffic was awful so I was 10 minutes late so they cancelled my mot which was annoying to start with. They don’t do mot’s on Saturday so I booked mot with Halfords. They did my service and said everything was fine. I then had my mot 6 days later and it failed due to the wipers needing replacing. I had to wait around for an hour to have them replaced. They showed me my old wipers and they were in awful condition, the blade had come off one and they were both wonkey due to being worn. I think it’s awful that this was missed in the service. I called up and complained about this and just received a patronising response saying ‘thanks for your feedback’. Won’t be coming here again. Sticking to Halfords - a reliable chain with great customer service."
"Vehicle came out worse after a service making grinding noises, formula one looked at sorting but said could not find anything & basicly washed their hands off it, they recommend coolant change every two years but this is not the case, check with your main dealer, mine was every TEN years. Garage workers/management are all jack the lads cocky workers. They use the cheapest of cheap stuff which won't last long. My advice steer clear of this money grabbing poor workmanship company & spend a little bit more getting the job done properly & proffessionaly."
"Ordered some two front tires fitted, in addition had free safety and alignment test done. after the work has been carried out i have been offered the wheel alignment done as it was out. I didn't agree as the price was to high even after the offer they've made me (Got it done at National Tires front and back for £30) Selling bloke didn't like that, threw me the printout and said that next time i will have to pay a full price. Very rude. Anyway after two days strange noise appeared from the front and steering wheel started wobbling after 70 m/h. It appears wheel nuts were loose, Could you believe that? Anyway noise stooped but not the wobbling, going where today to have it re balanced. Could go anywhere else just because it is such a poor service I will keep coming back until I will get what I've paid for. Would not recommend"
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.48 based on 61 reviews