F1 Autocentres Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend F1 Autocentres

How would you rate F1 Autocentres?

"Left my Car in potentially dangerous state, and do not Care! 1,I had 4 new tyres fitted, upon reading the safety check, they had wrong tyres and wrong details about spare, 2, Upon Checking my tyres later, I noticed the valves sticking out 2 inchs more than my wheels or tyres. But only on 3 wheels!. These if caught on a curb would rip out immediately. Or be pulled out by centrifugal force at speed. Which is an obvios safety issue . 3, Then I noticed the paint damage to my wheels from fitting. I contacted Emma at customer services who was initially helpful, asking for photo's etc, which I sent immediately, This was at 10 am, I was told someone would contact me. 4 hours later I queried no one had contacted myself, Emma informed me it would take 2-3 working days for a callback!, I queried the safety of driving my car in this state, NO REPLY, I had to take time off work to get them sorted immediately. I am still awaiting a call back 6 days later!. I took the car back to the same centre to get the valves changed, I was told the safety report was a typo, the valves weren't dangerous, and they do not affect the wheel balance!. And the wheel damage to both sides was me curbing the paint only on both sides, without any dinks in the wheels by the way! there machines have plastic feet so it is impossible to damage my wheels. They had also seen my email in the morning and decided not to call me in to replace the valves!. I am an ex tyre fitter, a fully qualified mechanic and now work in the Aerospace industry as an engineer. I am so angry!"
Steve Carroll
Verified Reviewer
"Had a tyre replaced, they ruined my locking wheel nut. Lucky found out at home, if had been driving and had a puncture, could've cost some money. However now just have to pay to replace nut and bolts instead. Either crooks or stupid. Maybe both. This was the Brentwood branch as well."
Don’t Recommend
Unverified Reviewer
"I took my car for a service recently at Dunstable formula one. I received a phone call from the hospital later that day asking me to attend 5pm. I called to ask if my car can be ready for 4pm the latest. Glen wasn’t sure but I was happy to leave my car there overnight so they can complete the job. He called me later on and told me that the car will be ready for 15.00. So I went to collect it and it wasn’t ready. At 15.30, he said that they are struggling to switch the service light off. I was happy to leave my car there and come back. He demanded that I will take the car and bring it back tomorrow as it only takes 5 minutes. When I came out of the hospital on next day, I called him. He said he will not do it today as it takes 45 minutes now to do. I was very unhappy as yesterday he said that it only takes 5 minutes. My partner was on the phone when Glen told me that he struggles with the service light. I went in and Glen was very rude and raised his voice. He said he will not do it. I explained that I am unable to attend any other time as I work long hours and weekends too. I will not recommend them as they don’t complete the job that you paid for properly and they just make up excuses and don’t want to do it. Today James came out to my work and it only took 3 minutes to switch the service light off. I was driving home from work and I’ve heard some scratching noise. I have checked eventually and realised that the metal panel under the engine was loose. If it fell off during driving, it could have caused an accident. I am not very happy as I consider this as negligence. Now I don’t have a car to get me to work. I paid lots of money recently there for the service and the MOT and the break pads change. I will definitely not return. Even my partner cancelled the service and we will go elsewhere. I emailed the head office but no response yet. I want this fixed immediately and I am looking for a compensation. Otherwise, I will take a legal action for all this negligence."
Scrapped Megane Owner
Unverified Reviewer
"From start to finish park gate branch absolutely useless they claim to be renault experts absolute bull. Car has piston 3 and valve had head skimmed all valves replaced timing belt unnecessary work and parts to have car, 3 weeks to have to pay for second opinion to repair now a bill to formula one, and now car had to be scrapped, Mark brooks regional manager, what a arrogant opinionated arse he is I am now unable to run my business please don't use!!!!"
Irate Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Booked in for tyre fitting. Two on the rear. Told that both tyres badly scrubbed (absolute mistruth) also the front pair (also mistruth) and presented with an opportunity to have laser wheel alignment carried out. Only £78.00. Agreed under duress. Recent MOT advised about low tread level on only one rear tyre. Work carried out at Colchester, North Station Road. If what I have experienced is typical of the whole organisation then the word SPIV is far too generous to them. If it is the local branch only, as I suspect, then someone must be removed from their position. Unnecessary work may have been carried out for no purpose other than improving the financial performance of the branch and enhancing bonuses. I consider this to be criminal! Cannot, will not, recommend."
"Complete incompetence, staff are clueless, from the fitters all the way up to the regional manager."
"I have always used Formula 1 Erdington but over the past 2 years the customer service has been dreadful. The technicians have no idea what they are doing and I have had one bad experience after another. Firstly my car would not start and they installed the wrong battery. Still had problems starting my car and told them repeatedly they had installed the wrong battery. In the winter months I had to keep jumpstarting my car and they said it was the starter motor. So I got my starter motor checked in 2 different garages. 3 months down the line I showed someone else my car and they told me it was the wrong size battery. Eventually F1 decided to change my battery to the correct size but there was no remorse the fact that they were wrong the first place. During this time before fitting in the correct battery they got me to go to another garage as they said it could be an electrical issue and it was sucking up my battery,this was also incorrect but no apology the fact that they had installed the wrong battery in the first instance. I suffered for over 3 months due to their incompetence. The only compensation I got was a free M.O.T. The problems I went through was enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown as they weren’t willing to accept their mistakes even though, I kept going back and telling them that they had installed the wrong battery."
"had a bad past with Portsmouth. but now the old manager has returned Richard card. this chap will turn this place around// just had a service and m.o.t no problems just good service man with Honda jazz Tuesday 27 feb 8.30 am"
"I bought 4 new Michelin Supersport tyres last year from Costco. As these were very expensive tyres I decided to have 4 wheel alignment done. Costco don't do alignment so I went to Fornula 1 as I have had my MOTs and services carried out by them for the last decade. The adjustment had to be done at Burton as Derby never had a full wheel alignment machine. The machine that does the print out was broken so I was advised I wouldn't get a report. I covered 5000 miles before my next MOT was due. Having had the MOT completed today my car failed due to my rear tyres worn to the core on the inside of both rear tyres. These are Michelin Supersport tyres and are premium tyres, I was told by Formula 1 they only guarantee tracking for 28days. The tracking on the front is fine but the rear toe is so far out that Formula 1 state that I have done this by driving around. After visiting Costco they stated that it is only due to the adjustment of the rear toe on both corners as the outside of the tyre is perfect and that maybe one tyre would knock out it I hit something in the road but both rear tyres losing exactly the same tread looks like misalignment. In addition to this if both rear tyres were knocked out from hitting something surely both front tyres would have suffered the same issues. My tyres are down to the metal cord on the inside and both Formula 1 sites are telling me its my fault and saying they can't do anything. I have contacted Nick Green the regional manager to no avail on the number supplied for him. Extremely annoyed is an understatement for how I feel. My last tyres wore out evenly until 1.6 and Formula 1 can only say it is my fault for the way I drive. To be honest I am extremely unimpressed by Formula 1 and will look at taking all my family cars elsewhere to be MOTd and serviced if this issue is not addressed by the regional manager. Now I having to fork out £500+ for new tyres to get past my MOT. The worst thing is I was going to go to Leicester today to see my sister with my wife and baby boy. Our tyres could have blown out and we could have died travelling on the motorway due to the incompetent work carried out by Formula 1."
"I’ve phone the garage and explain the issue in the car, been told that can be fixed only with major service, spent 4 hours and when I asked if they have fix the additive filter oil for emotion and reset with the computer they said nobody been told, call the manager and express my opinion, seems I was talking with no one, been told calls are recorded and someone will call. Summarising... no one called and I will move forward l, never gonna be back there and gonna try to find someone who can do the job I’ve asked for."
"Booked a service and MOT for my car. When I turned up they said it would be more money. Very unprofessional. BEWARE HIDDEN EXTRA CHARGES!!!!!!"
"Terrible do not use.. Failed my cars mot. Took the car to main dealer for repair. Turns out the repair was not required to pass and they had missed a broken suspension spring and a destroyed shock absorber. Useless! Gave me a quote for £316 for unrequired work. The mot tester claims this all happened after mot.. 40 miles done.. Spring was in two.. Had signs of age.. The opinions of master technicians and mot testers at main dealer was one of "that's why mots there are cheap.. So they can charge you for other things" avoid at all costs!."
"My mot had ran out 10/1/18 I phoned F1 Autocenter Dartford who fitted my tyres back 11/17 was told to bring the car in @ 2oclock they fitted me in which was brilliant best of all my car past!!! I've recommended F1 Autocenter to my friends!!...."
"Got told to turn up 8.15 managet didnt turn up until 9 making me 45 mins for late also kept other customers waiting outside no notice or communciation at all. Manager was also very rude and abrupt. Manager last year was a lot nicer shame he wasnt there . Would not recommend going here at ALL."
"For a lack of better judgement, I used f1 autocentre for 4 brand new Uniroyal tyres as they were cheaper inc fitting than anyone else. That’s my 1st mistake just cause cheaper doesn’t make them better. I guess you get what you pay for. Booked in for 10am on Sunday morning turned up at 09:50 as per the 10 mins they say to turn up. They took my car inside and faffed about for 1hr 40 mins doing the tyres most the time I looked inside they were standing around doing nothing and just chatting away without a care for the world. I missed an appointment I had because of this. I never used my car after the Sunday as was of work then on the Friday following I went to the appointment I missed and then that’s where the problems continue. The vibrations from the car was unbelievable my car seat was vibrating that much I thought was going to shake loose. I phoned up the garage and they got me in same day on my way back from my appointment. Got the car in and said it possible one of the weights had come off, which I accept can happen I suppose. Got the car back and though front wasn’t vibrating badly I still could feel something wasn’t right. So, I went to a local garage C&C Tyres in Bedworth. And he checked the balancing and this is the shocking part offside was out by 25g and nearside 125g. which is not acceptable at all maybe if I had paid the extra £2 rip of charge for advanced balancing they would have done a proper job in the first place (advanced balancing is a massive con). They had an opportunity to rectify the problem when I went back in but chose not to. If you live in Coventry area try C&C Tyres in Bedworth. Not these cowboys at f1autocentre. I have emailed the regional manager to express my dissatisfaction now wanting to see if I get a reply. But I would never use or recommend f1autocentre ever"
"I went into my local branch to have 2 tyres replaced which I believe front passenger side and rear drivers side. So ask for new ones fitted to the front, as front wheeled drive. I was told would be extra charge as they would rebalance any tyre moved. I question this as extra charge not for moving tires around but the re- balance? When the car was done the new tyres were fitted on the back? I then questioned this as front wheeled drive car and that’s the reason i wanted new ones as no traction! He said that it was there policy to put new ones on back which is Rubbish and don’t understand why they’d say that. I was also told my front disc and pads were worn and need changing, funny only had Mot less than 1000 miles ago and couldn’t have changed that much! I did use them once before and booked it on black circles which was prepaid and didn’t get any queries or tried to pick up any work along the way! Just to say I wasn’t charged in the end as exspressed my irritation!"
Stan, Strood
Verified Reviewer
"I am waiting right now for more than an hour and a half, no matter that i prebooked a time slot online. I'v been told that i'll be serviced asap, meenwhile i sow a dozen cars beeng proceeded before mine. Strood, Kent. They also lied to me shamelessly, pretending that theyr online platform wasn't in order for the last two days, but when i told my ger. plate num., everithing poped up on the screen. Am in real dobt that have any idea what "customer service" mean at all..."
"Disgusting customer service from the Hertford branch. Ordered 4 Avon tyres online for a “am” appointment. No time slots given. Branches opened at 10am. Arrived at 10am to be told there is a two hour wait minimum. This isn’t the issue! I politely suggested maybe introducing time slots on line so people can organise their weekend. This suggestion was simply greeted by rudenes, anger and a reply “ I have been running garages for 15 years”! Obviously the chap had a skin full the night before so woke up in a bad mood...! Tyres were £4 cheaper than anywhere else but i will never use this company again which such bad attitudes!!! A shame really"
"Wrong tyres fitted twice, first set too wide, 2nd set wrong rating and not what was ordered. Wheel alignment carried out but now the steering wheel us off centre. Told a refund wasn't possible. Peterborough branch, will not recommend"
"Don't book your car in for a service with your MOT.I have a 2010 plate,and booked a full service and mot ,because I need my car for work I have a service every year,so thought I would do it all in one go.So they did the service,told me that I should have a oil change which was on top ,change the fluid hand brake,new wiper blades new light bulbs,then failed it on the MOT ,informed me it failed on the emissions,there said they had tried everything,and couldn't get them down,said I needed to take it to another garage which I day.Cut a long story short,I was told I should get rid and buy a new car.So my car has gone to be scrapped,after paying for a full service over £300 in cost .Why didn't they do the mot first,so had an expensive lesson,so DO NOT have a service with your mot,wait until afterwards.At the end of the day I don't know if they did any of the work,because the other garage I went to had to change the spark plugs and yet I was charged for replacements on the service,2days before."
F1 Autocentres is rated 1.67 based on 30 reviews