Formula One Autocentres Reviews

of reviewers recommend Formula One Autocentres
Read Formula One Autocentres Reviews

About Formula One Autocentres:

Trust Formula One Autocentres to bring you the best value in your town
We promise to beat any competitor's substantiated quote for comparable products and services. Even if you buy from us and then find a lower price locally within 7 days, we guarantee we'll refund the difference, PLUS 10%.

Formula One Autocentres currently boasts over 110 state-of-the-art autocentres located throughout the UK. With over 800 highly trained staff working seven days a week to provide a full range of services including tyres, exhausts, batteries, brakes, clutches, MOT's and servicing. Formula One Autocentres has always been fiercely independent and, as a family-owned business, not been tied down to any single manufacturer or supplier which means that we are free to offer the biggest deals on the widest range of top branded products. By offering a real alternative to the big national chains, Formula One Autocentres provides cost-conscious motorists with a professional, reliable and affordable answer to maintaining their vehicles.

careline@f1autocentres.com

ASTON HOUSE
18 BOULTON ROAD

Always the best price for tyres, quick and friendly service.
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review!
Always helpful, honest and reliable.
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review!
Excellent service very helpful and pleasant
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review!
Professional, Courteous, knowledgeable and as quick as possible given the staff shortage.
Very happy with the service i received
Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review!
Good price and good service will use again
I would like to report a very nasty behavior of the staff at the branch in Cambridge, 249 Barnwell Rd, Cambridge CB5 8SL.

Problem with a suspension, they inspected the car last week and to keep the price down I was told to buy the part myself (suspension top mount) and go back to fit it for £40/50.

Bought the part online for £10, went back and told the fitting would be £58.33+ VAT = £70.00 which regrettably I agreed.

They put the car on the ram, they took the suspension down and then they told me the part was not enough and that I needed to change also the shock absorber and the spring for about £300/400.

Arguably a good professional mechanic would have been able to tell since the beginning that more parts like spring and shock absorber were needed. Actually, I don’t think the suspension top mount was actually broken.

Refused to give me the car back, started saying they could charge for the time the car was left on the ram, threaten to scrap the car.

After a few exchanges of screaming and shouting, they gave me 1 hour to buy only the spring for £ 35.00 which would have been enough to fix the car and take it away. I went on foot to by the spring for £ 35.00.

They fitted the top mount and the spring and without telling me they carried out also the wheel alignment which cost extra £35.95 + VAT.

My total expenditure was:

Labour £58.33 + wheel alignment £35.95 = £98.28 + VAT 16.66 = £117.94 + Spring £35.00 + Top mount £ 10.00 = £162.94.
(056 Cambridge 1) - Posted 1 year ago
Dear Saverio,

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our Cambridge - Histon Road depot.
Please, can you email our customer careline on careline@f1autocentres.com so we can take more details regarding your experience?

Kind Regards,
Formula One Autocentres
Car booked in online, day before service got a call to confirm vehicle model. On the day they had no oil! A garage with NO OIL??? Currently waiting for oil to turn up so they can do the service. We dropped by to see how the work was going to be informed that the discs that i had replaced with new a year ago were worn out! When i informed the mechanic that the discs were virtually new he "rechecked" them and then informed us they were warped! No sign of disc warpage, no judder at the pedal, nothing!
Definitely getting the feeling that they are trying to rack up the costs to maximize the invoice.
Trust gone, will not reuse this garage again
(052 Hemel Hempstead) - Posted 1 year ago
Dear Phil

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our Hemel Hempstead depot.

Kind Regards,
Formula One Autocentres
I had bought a master service plus MOT at F1 auto centres milton keynes branch. They failed the MOT with a dangerous fault and several major faults. Quoted me £600 for the work .
I took my car to another mechanic for MOT who found just one major fault and the bill was just £45 for that work.
I will never use this untrustable business again.
I wouldn't go back there as long as i have a hole in my rear.
Scam you with extras you don't need. Number one choice to scam you is a 'free wheel alignment check'. Always costs nearly £30!!
Booked MOT online, thinking it's convenient and cheap. Did think they may try and make up faults!

And it happened, I was failed with a 'dangerous' fault, that will cost me £250 to fix. Given every scare tactic like don't drive away.. you will be arrested etc etc.. then even asked how much can you afford if not £250.

Went to a proper mechanic straight away, was advised that the break disc was indeed nearing end of service life but not dangerous. Adviced to try another reputable MOT place. And guess what! it passed!!

Went back to the mechanic to book the work in, and it's been booked in 2 days time for £120!!

Moral of the story.. stay away, the cheap MOT are just loss leaders to rope you in.

Garage: Woodford Branch.
MOT took 1 hour 20 minutes!!
Booked my car in the morning in Hemel centre to change two tyres. When I got there at 10 am they said there is a backlog of 90 minutes. I wonder why accept booking if you cannot deliver, however I offered to come back later and the manager said to sort my car as soon as I got back. went again at 12pm just for him to say there is an hour wait. I waited and finally my car was attended to at 1pm. It took one hour to change two tyres by an inexperienced young worker who had to ask for help several times. There was 7 bays in the centre with only 3 people working and they were walking about and talking on the phone and getting out to get coffee, completely ignoring me waiting and looking at them. No apology was offered for the 3 hour delay that completely messed up my day. Not interested in customer care or perhaps not paying enough to more qualified mechanics. I am not sure what was going on. I had a bad experience and would not recommend this centre.
Formula One Autocentres is rated 4.40 based on 358 reviews