F Hinds Jewellers Reviews

Uxbridge

Categories:
Jewellery & Watches
Jewellery & Watches

How would you rate F Hinds Jewellers ?

Bernard Jefford
Unverified Reviewer
"It would seem I put my comments on the wrong review page ….. I recently treated my wife to the service Hinds provide re having her ears pierced . We as usual went to ur local branch here in Worthing , we had done business with them for some 7 years and have always been pleased with the sales service given. This was no exception we were greeted by a member of staff who had good eye contact and gave us the impression she was pleased with our business, my wife felt at ease. The ear pierce went ok and we were pleased with the 20% discount we received as per the deal and purchased a watch bracelet ear rings and necklace for we were going to a weddinging a few weeks time. So overall we were very pleased that Hinds gave again caring service (my wife is a oap ) and we will vertainly return"
"Got my husbands wedding ring from there just over 2 years ago 9ct Two Colour Gold Squared Edged Wedding Ring - 7mm - R4537. The silver has completely disappeared from the outside of the ring (middle bit). Took it back to F Hinds in Crawley and they said it would cost £34 to fix as it's not covered by the lifetime warranty because it's classed as wear and tear. Basically don't buy this ring because the colour apparently wears off after 2 years and then you have to pay for it to be fixed. Alternatively get this ring, just don't wear it."
"I had no preconception of F Hinds until we recently visited one of their stores looking for a watch for my wife. The service was rubbish. The watch my wife wanted was on offer with £50 off bringing the price own to £299. We were paying with a LMG insurance card and the only reason we purchased from F Hinds is that, despite LMG stating that you cannot purchase sale items with it, F Hinds put the purchase through at £299. This appeared to be more due to the fact that the staff didn't know they shouldn't do that! The staff were very poor. At no point did they ask if my wife would like to wear the watch rather than put it in it's box. The communication and information given was virtually non existent. After we had completed the purchase they than asked if we'd like a bag - at 5p. I know they have to charge for plastic bags but a) they should offer non plastic bags like any other decent jeweller does and b) should have asked BEFORE completing the transaction. After leaving the store we opened the box so my wife could put the watch on. On the back of the watch was a sticker that had been partially ripped of leaving a sticky mark. Then we noticed there was zero documentation in the box, no guarantee, nothing. Therefore we needed to return to the store. We spoke to another member of staff who sorted it out but no apology. The original member of staff was there but they never approached us to see what the problem was or help at all. We will never be returning to F Hinds. Just dreadful."
"A terrible experience. Bought a necklace and earrings but as I was still in sight of the shop decided I wanted a bigger size so turned around and asked if this was possible. They shrugged and said that everything was ‘non-refundable’ which they hadn’t informed me minutes earlier ( they had stamped the receipt when I wasn’t looking). I asked for any help and they failed and made me feel like an idiot. Avoid this company - it’s awful!"
"The manager at the slough Store was incredibly rude and disgusting to myself and my friends. He felt the need to try and persuade me that I had purchased knockoff jewellery from H.Samuels calling them "con artists" and thus me a fool. Is this customer service? Is this what Hinds teaches their managers? I dread to think what these managers are teaching their shop assistants. Obviously a complaint was made but nothing came of it."
"worse service even, can't even fit a Casio watch strap, replacement falls straight off out as soon as put it my wrist. Not just that, they threw away the old strap without asking permission 'unacceptable service'. Still have to pay full price for replacement strap and wait to be sent away to Casio to fit it. Manager didn't apologies for their mistake but offer to weave off the fitting cost £10 at Casio. If you want to be treated like trash, then visit F. Hinds, Bracknell otherwise, stay clear away is highly recommended."
"Poor customer service F Hinds was once a family run business, but now no longer care about the customer I brought a Bracelet for my partner for Christmas And she wore it only twice and only a few hours at a time and the clasp broke, when returning it to the oxford branch of F Hinds they said they would have to return it to head office to check it out and be fixed . According to the we had damaged the clasp our self and that all they could do was offer a 25% discount on another bracelet and that was there final offer. Over the years we have spent a lot of money at F Hinds oxford branch, and that did not seem to bother them, we will not waste our money at any F Hinds branches again And by the looks of all the other reviews they seem not care about the customer any more"
"WARNING! DO NOT USE F. HINDS. Particularly the "Life time battery replacement and reseal". Waste of Money have used it once have ruined a very expensive watch and won't sort the damage or refund the charge. As we will never visit again this is a very expensive battery replacement ! F.HINDS have extremely poor customer service and do not stand by their workmanship! People on the front line in the shop were very polite it's a shame they haven't got the quality of service that you would expect. DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING OF VALUE TO REPAIR THEY DO NOT HAVE THE SKILLS."
"I went to f hinds in broadmead bristol for a watch and was told to go outside to see if its there if not theres nothing they can do. Called the patchway branch who said they would order it from another store. After taking full payment I was called next day to be told no one has one so I will be getting a refund at some point. Very disappointed"
"Unfortunately, I took my watch to the Cambridge branch of F Hinds to get a simple battery and reseal undertaken to keep my watch waterproof, which unfortunately was a big mistake, and I wish I had seen the reviews on here before I had done this. Luckily I always take a photo of my watch before I hand it over to a shop to get a new battery put in because I take great care of my watch as it’s important to me that it looks good. Unfortunately, my watch came back scratched all around the bezel and even some of the numbers had been completely blacked out due to the white markings being scratched off. It seemed like their workshop had purposely kicked my watch about and if they haven’t done that, it was extremely poor workmanship and their skills and machinery that they’re using cannot be fit for purpose. I complained to the Branch Manager and he had the nerve to tell me that the workshop wouldn’t have done that to open up the watch so I showed him the photo that I took on the day I brought the watch in to prove what my watch was like previously, and he had the cheek to ask me what date the photo was taken. I explained that I take good care of my watch and he reluctantly said he would send off the watch to the workshop to get repaired, after I had already waited about five weeks to get my watch back so I then had to wait a further four weeks for the workshop to look at my watch, repair it, and send it back, and unfortunately, it’s not easy for me to get into Cambridge due to all the roadworks going on and lack of parking, which I also explained to the Branch Manager so this was an added inconvenience. Well, the watch was late coming back to the shop by a week and when I did receive a phone call advising me that the watch had been returned, I was advised by the Sales Assistant that she couldn’t e-mail me over a photo of the watch so I could ensure that the watch was back to its original condition so I didn’t have to waste time and money going to Cambridge and back if they hadn’t supplied a satisfactory service as my faith in F Hinds had already diminished by this point. The Sales Assistant said that the watch was now fine so I had to take her word for it. Well, unfortunately, her view of the watch being fine differs to mine. It did look a lot better, but the numbers weren’t right and still had black markings where the white markings were poorly processed, so I advised the Branch Manager that this isn’t in the same condition I brought my watch in at and he advised that he doesn’t think that the workshop will be able to do anymore, which is a bit of a joke considering how intricate a lot of jewellery is so reluctantly I took my watch back as I didn’t want to waste any more time going into Cambridge to be disappointed. I therefore complained to F Hinds’ Head Office to be advised by a member of their Customer Services department that she believes that the new condition of the watch was down to wear and tear and I wasn’t due any compensation, yet, the photo of the watch taken before I took it into the shop, which I sent to her, clearly shows the numbers being fine. So the deterioration wasn’t down to wear and tear at all, if I’ve had the watch for ten years and the numbers have been fine, yet F Hinds had my watch for two months and the number markings are now black and white. If you value your watch and you don’t want to be accused of lying do not go to F Hinds. They obviously don’t value their customers. I certainly won’t be setting foot in any of their shops anymore."
"Dreadful I’ve been back to store 4 times for my lifetime battery replacement & have been turned away each time Staff are unhelpful & rude A one star rating is one too many"
"After purchasing a £600 watch and given the watch in all its packaging I then asked if I could have some sort of carrier bag to carry the purchase in I was then told I would have to swipe my card again for a carrier bag . Absolutely ridiculous, and rude staff"
Hannah Barnes
"Really good delivery. The moustache cuff links are well made and look amazing. The Fiorelli watch is utterly beautiful. Everything came well packaged."
"My husband purchased my engagement ring from FHinds approx. 10 months ago, the diamond then fell out. Hinds are now refusing to fix it under the 1 year warranty claiming that it's because I damaged it. The women in their customer service department was incredibly rude and sarcastic and also claimed to be the only person in the whole of the complaints department and so refused to put me through to anyone else. Absolutely disgusting company, avoid at all costs!!"
"Very bad experience. Not only a very long waiting time for a watch to come back with refurbished watch face and a battery, but it came back with a completely broken strap. I submitted a watch with a perfectly functional strap with minor cosmetic wear while on return the strap was completely torn and totally unusable. The assistant was completely unhelpful. Stay away from this company."
Disgusted Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Rude, aggressive sales assistants. Still waiting for return of gold watch almost 5 weeks since it was taken for battery replacement under their Lifetime Battery Replacement. No empathy from Customer Services in HO. Shop with this company at your peril You have been warned."
"very rude sales assistant, not sympathetic at all to my complaint. I would never use their shops again."
"Awful experience! Spoken to so rudely, and got sarcastic answers, they feed you with utter bullshit and don’t even accept responsibility when confronted on this, and as for dealing with the situation I think my 3 year old child would have dealt with it better! Not what you expect when you buy a £1400 ring! So much for the customer is always right!"
"I had my ears pierced in the Cirencester branch, and after they healed I had constant problems with one ear, very difficult to get earings in. I went back several times to ask if they could put an earring in for me, which they did. On the third time the manager was very rude to me, and said there must be something wrong with my ear and I should see a doctor. I eventually discovered that one piercing was at a slight angle and if I pulled the lobe down slightly I could get the earings in easily. Why didn't they tell me that? I'm still upset at how the manager spoke to me."
"I bought a £60 titanium bracelet from F Hinds in Waltham cross. After 3 weeks one of the links fell out. I took the bracelet back to the store and was served by a gent in a black mourning suit who would have looked more at home in a funeral directors than a jewellers. I presented it to him and he looked at it as if I was asking him to examine a turd! He said in a snooty way that there was nothing he could do other than give me back my money, which I took up the offer on. Hinds is a mid range jeweller, you will not find Rolex, Omega or 2 carat diamond rings here. its staff need to be approachable, friendly and not treat customers with products bought there that are not gold as some sort of "riff raff". Needless to say there are plenty of places I can buy Jewellery and Hinds will not see my business again!!"
F Hinds Jewellers is rated 1.36 based on 22 reviews