F Hinds Jewellers Reviews

Uxbridge

Categories:
Jewellery & Watches
Jewellery & Watches

How would you rate F Hinds Jewellers?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"I went to f hinds in broadmead bristol for a watch and was told to go outside to see if its there if not theres nothing they can do. Called the patchway branch who said they would order it from another store. After taking full payment I was called next day to be told no one has one so I will be getting a refund at some point. Very disappointed"
"Unfortunately, I took my watch to the Cambridge branch of F Hinds to get a simple battery and reseal undertaken to keep my watch waterproof, which unfortunately was a big mistake, and I wish I had seen the reviews on here before I had done this. Luckily I always take a photo of my watch before I hand it over to a shop to get a new battery put in because I take great care of my watch as it’s important to me that it looks good. Unfortunately, my watch came back scratched all around the bezel and even some of the numbers had been completely blacked out due to the white markings being scratched off. It seemed like their workshop had purposely kicked my watch about and if they haven’t done that, it was extremely poor workmanship and their skills and machinery that they’re using cannot be fit for purpose. I complained to the Branch Manager and he had the nerve to tell me that the workshop wouldn’t have done that to open up the watch so I showed him the photo that I took on the day I brought the watch in to prove what my watch was like previously, and he had the cheek to ask me what date the photo was taken. I explained that I take good care of my watch and he reluctantly said he would send off the watch to the workshop to get repaired, after I had already waited about five weeks to get my watch back so I then had to wait a further four weeks for the workshop to look at my watch, repair it, and send it back, and unfortunately, it’s not easy for me to get into Cambridge due to all the roadworks going on and lack of parking, which I also explained to the Branch Manager so this was an added inconvenience. Well, the watch was late coming back to the shop by a week and when I did receive a phone call advising me that the watch had been returned, I was advised by the Sales Assistant that she couldn’t e-mail me over a photo of the watch so I could ensure that the watch was back to its original condition so I didn’t have to waste time and money going to Cambridge and back if they hadn’t supplied a satisfactory service as my faith in F Hinds had already diminished by this point. The Sales Assistant said that the watch was now fine so I had to take her word for it. Well, unfortunately, her view of the watch being fine differs to mine. It did look a lot better, but the numbers weren’t right and still had black markings where the white markings were poorly processed, so I advised the Branch Manager that this isn’t in the same condition I brought my watch in at and he advised that he doesn’t think that the workshop will be able to do anymore, which is a bit of a joke considering how intricate a lot of jewellery is so reluctantly I took my watch back as I didn’t want to waste any more time going into Cambridge to be disappointed. I therefore complained to F Hinds’ Head Office to be advised by a member of their Customer Services department that she believes that the new condition of the watch was down to wear and tear and I wasn’t due any compensation, yet, the photo of the watch taken before I took it into the shop, which I sent to her, clearly shows the numbers being fine. So the deterioration wasn’t down to wear and tear at all, if I’ve had the watch for ten years and the numbers have been fine, yet F Hinds had my watch for two months and the number markings are now black and white. If you value your watch and you don’t want to be accused of lying do not go to F Hinds. They obviously don’t value their customers. I certainly won’t be setting foot in any of their shops anymore."
"Dreadful I’ve been back to store 4 times for my lifetime battery replacement & have been turned away each time Staff are unhelpful & rude A one star rating is one too many"
"After purchasing a £600 watch and given the watch in all its packaging I then asked if I could have some sort of carrier bag to carry the purchase in I was then told I would have to swipe my card again for a carrier bag . Absolutely ridiculous, and rude staff"
Hannah Barnes
"Really good delivery. The moustache cuff links are well made and look amazing. The Fiorelli watch is utterly beautiful. Everything came well packaged."
"My husband purchased my engagement ring from FHinds approx. 10 months ago, the diamond then fell out. Hinds are now refusing to fix it under the 1 year warranty claiming that it's because I damaged it. The women in their customer service department was incredibly rude and sarcastic and also claimed to be the only person in the whole of the complaints department and so refused to put me through to anyone else. Absolutely disgusting company, avoid at all costs!!"
"Very bad experience. Not only a very long waiting time for a watch to come back with refurbished watch face and a battery, but it came back with a completely broken strap. I submitted a watch with a perfectly functional strap with minor cosmetic wear while on return the strap was completely torn and totally unusable. The assistant was completely unhelpful. Stay away from this company."
Disgusted Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Rude, aggressive sales assistants. Still waiting for return of gold watch almost 5 weeks since it was taken for battery replacement under their Lifetime Battery Replacement. No empathy from Customer Services in HO. Shop with this company at your peril You have been warned."
"very rude sales assistant, not sympathetic at all to my complaint. I would never use their shops again."
"Awful experience! Spoken to so rudely, and got sarcastic answers, they feed you with utter bullshit and don’t even accept responsibility when confronted on this, and as for dealing with the situation I think my 3 year old child would have dealt with it better! Not what you expect when you buy a £1400 ring! So much for the customer is always right!"
"I had my ears pierced in the Cirencester branch, and after they healed I had constant problems with one ear, very difficult to get earings in. I went back several times to ask if they could put an earring in for me, which they did. On the third time the manager was very rude to me, and said there must be something wrong with my ear and I should see a doctor. I eventually discovered that one piercing was at a slight angle and if I pulled the lobe down slightly I could get the earings in easily. Why didn't they tell me that? I'm still upset at how the manager spoke to me."
"I bought a £60 titanium bracelet from F Hinds in Waltham cross. After 3 weeks one of the links fell out. I took the bracelet back to the store and was served by a gent in a black mourning suit who would have looked more at home in a funeral directors than a jewellers. I presented it to him and he looked at it as if I was asking him to examine a turd! He said in a snooty way that there was nothing he could do other than give me back my money, which I took up the offer on. Hinds is a mid range jeweller, you will not find Rolex, Omega or 2 carat diamond rings here. its staff need to be approachable, friendly and not treat customers with products bought there that are not gold as some sort of "riff raff". Needless to say there are plenty of places I can buy Jewellery and Hinds will not see my business again!!"
Customer Services - Head Office
Unverified Reviewer
"Appalling Customer Service! Avoid as much as you can! I purchased a pair of expensive 9ct white gold diamond earrings and in approx. 3 months the white gold has gone grey and dull. I have just been informed by one of the managers that this is due to my mum's skin condition and that is all. When I said I don't agree with this sort of customer service, she said that is why she is not giving me the answer I want to hear. I am lost for words with the conversation that just happened. Worst customer service I have ever had! My advice is to avoid this company and its items as much as you can."
Customer Service - Head Office
Verified Reviewer
"Appalling Customer Service! Avoid as much as you can!"
F Hinds Jewellers is rated 1.29 based on 14 reviews