Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Explorer Travel Insurance
Documents Delivered On-time
Read Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews
Dear Sir/Madam,
the travel insurance may be very effective itself but because
doesn't cover the private hospitals, we couldn't use it.
My husband hurt himself on the head on a window's frame, and apparently lost lots of blood. We intentionally avoided to go to public hospital and went straight to a private one. He was still conscious and it wasn't a head trauma, so it wasn't a very urgent situation. He just needed to be disinfected weĺl and eventually receive other checks/advises.
We went privately because even local people definitely discourage to look for medical care in a public hospitals (we were on a holiday in Kenya).
Considering this experience I wouln't buy a travel insurance again to go to developing Countries if it doesn't cover private hospitals.
Many thanks.
Laura
After organising and paying my travel insurance I got an email a day later to apply for travel insurance and get 10% discount. Not good and I felt cheated.
better service may include a booklet of terms and conditions as opposed to sending email and print it yourself.
I have not travelled yet!
Since I have been fortunate enough not to have had to claim on my insurance it would be hard to rate efficiency on dealing with claims. However when my renewal date neared your e-mail did not give a price and suggested phoning which I did. Much to my surprise when I phoned it was suggested it would be easier to go online and do it. ( ????? )
I have rated acceptable because the procedure was easy as regards to applying, but you do not know how good the company is until you have to make a claim !!
Unfortunate that the insurance was for a cruise holiday which was cancelled--with the deposit returned directly from the travel company-insurance thus not required!!!
I have no real problems with Explorer but I had to cancel a trip to Koh Samuel, Thailand in January due to my partner having a medical problem and was advised not to travel. After completing forms and providing copy letters from his consultant at Doncaster Royal Infirmary I feel I am no nearer to receiving any kind of settlement. Don’t think that your Claims Dept are letting your company down!
Good firm to deal with but thought it was expensive for short trip to Scotland thought an annual one would be better value
Never claimed so am unable to assess the product
Having taken out the insurance I did not have to make a claim. It is therefore not possible to give a better rating.
The emailed 'previous customer' discount offer proved more expensive than the online price open to all! Mmm.
Cheap but not sure if you will pay out for a claim.
You can never tell how good insurance is until you need to claim. It is to be hoped that they are as efficient in processing claims as they are at collecting premiums, but I somehow doubt it.
What is there to say really, I requested a quote,which was dealt with in a satisfactory manner. The necessary paperwork was forwarded to me speedily, I paid the money and that was it! Fortunately we had a safe journey so there was nothing else for me to comment on. Based on my experience, I will be in contact with you again if and when the need arises.
Seems Ok in an world of worthless cover, It is something that i have to have rather than something I want.
I have travelled for 50 years to about 130 countries and had never made a claim until I made a claim for costs connected with a missed flight in Ethiopia.
It was rejected only God knows why|||| ... emphiasising the worthless nature of travel insurance.
You are all rip off artists to my my mind and don't make any attempt to relate to your customer (victim).

Only the travel industry requiring that customers have cover gives you life.
Where is your ethical business practice strategy.
Hang your heads in shame.

Iain Lyon.
Not been away yet.
Look. You’ve sold me some legal papers that I hope never to use. Ask me again if I become a claimant!!!
I am was very pleased with my insurance last year so hope to be pleased with this year's insurance.
OK so far . Taking out the cover was very easy. Cannot comment on claims procedure. I have used Explorer in the past
Explorer Travel Insurance is rated 4.58 based on 4,589 reviews