Experience the Himalayas Reviews

110 Reviews

Experience the Himalayas specialises in group and private trekking holidays in Morocco and the Nepalese Himalayas.

+44 (0) 203 291 4034

info@experiencethehimalayas.com

Agata
Verified Reviewer

That was the best adventure ever! Even I got sick at the beggining of the hike both guides were very helpful so we all could continue our trip. Without their help that could've end up way different!
It's difficult to put it in words but Kumar, Tanka and all of the porters are great people to travel with. Tanka have a wide knowledge about everything you see on your way and Kumar is the best cook you can probably find in Nepal.

I hope I'll have another chance to travel with them!
Thank you all for an amazing experience! :)
Unverified Reviewer

I loved every moments of the trip. Our guide Tanks was an amazing, fun, very knowledge person. He knows a lot about the mountains and safety. We were all in good hands and safe. I highly recommend this company to everyone who wish to experience the Himalayas. The Tea Houses were very nice and we always felt so welcomed such as family.
Sam Henderson
Verified Reviewer

Really glad that we chose to go with experience the Himalayas. Everything was a very well organised from the start to the finish. They have an extra acclimatization day worked into their itinerary which many other companies don't, something which I benefitted from greatly as I got sick and was able to recover during one of the rest days. Our guide Tanka was absolutely amazing. From what we observed he seem to do a lot more for us than others guides that we saw. His knowledge was second to none and he appeared to know all the best places to stay making sure we got the best rooms where possible.

Overall the trip of a lifetime. We're already looking at which trip to do next and would book through experience the Himalayas again in a heartbeat.
Hajnalka Pal (Hani)

Ben Yoxon
Verified Reviewer

One of the best things I have ever done. The company provides an excellent service, well organised and makes it easy for you throughout the whole trip. Tanka, the guide, has an excellent knowledge of the region as well as a country as a whole. He always had an answer for everything we had a to query. He interacted well with us and was more than happy to play or cards or socialize with us. The porters as well were fun and very helpful. If I was ever to do another trip similar I would only ever use this company.
Andrew Williamson
Verified Reviewer

the experience of seeing Everest with my own eyes will be with me for the rest of my life.
Experience the Himalayas looked after me from start to finish. There guide Tanka was first class with every aspect of the trip food, tea houses, names of all the mountains we passed on the way to Everest Base Camp.
Even there porter Mahendra was very helpfull with every aspect of the trip.
I can't recommend this trip and this company more highly.
Another highlight of the trip was summiting Kala Patthar where you see Everest at its most wonderfull splendour.
Put on your boots and give it a go,
Anshu Agrawal
Verified Buyer

We went on a 15 day trek doing Annapurna circuit with Experience the Himalayas and they made it a trip of a lifetime. A very well organised trip. The guides were knowledgable, very competent and most important they made sure we had a great time.
Julie
Verified Buyer

The Annapurna-circuit trek was the best trip of my life! It was extremely well organised and our guides, Tanka and Kumar were amazing! Tanka's knowledge about Nepal and all of the peaks in the Annapurna region was very impressive! They both went out of their way to make sure we were all thoroughly enjoying ourselves, and Kumar even made us the most delicious meals! Already starting to plan my next trip!
Martin Rover-Parkes
Verified Buyer

A fantastic and once in a lifetime trip; well organised with friendly, funny and knowledgeable guides (Tanka and Kuma). Tanka's breadth of knowledge about Nepal, the Himalayas and the Annapurna region are second to none. This was superbly complimented by Kuma's many facts and local knowledge and of course not forgetting his incredible cooking and warm, kind and endearing demeanour. Already planning the next trip!
Micaela W.
Verified Reviewer

Excellent! Our guide (Shyam) was great! He got us to EBC and Kala Patthar and back safe and sound. He also taught us alot about Nepal, the Himilayas, cultures and Nepalese along the way! Our porters (Rochan and Samip) were great too! Completing this journey wouldn't have been possible without their help to carry our things! I would recommend this company to my family and friends and tell them to request these three gentleman, we couldn't have asked for a better experience!
Anne
Verified Reviewer

Experience the Himalayas set the bar for a great trekking experience. As a first time trekker in Nepal, the guide and porters did an amazing job educating my group on what to expect from day to day, as well as educating us about the culture and traditions in Nepal. I learned so much from our guide who was willing to answer any questions I had and made sure I had everything I needed. The company advertises an extra acclimatization day compared to most other companies, which was extremely beneficial. The side treks completed on these extra days were imperative to our groups successful completion of reaching base camp and Kala Pattar. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely trek with Experience the Himalayas again.
Clara
Verified Reviewer

My experience was great and I could not have asked for better. I contribute the great experience to our guide and porters. They were always smiling and doing all they could to ensure we were satisfied.
Nathan
Verified Reviewer

This was my second trip with Experience the Himalayas. We had an excellent trip around Annapurna Circuit with the excellent guides Tanka and Kumar. They organised the trip perfectly and were tireless in making sure we had a great time. They were very knowledgable about the area, history and culture of the places we visited.

This was truly an unforgettable trip, I would definitely choose this company again!
Louise Neale
Verified Reviewer

the trip was a great experience. the guide was great and really knowledgeable and helpful. In the lead up to the trip the company were very helpful and answered any queries quickly. A great trip and I expect to come back again!
Carzy
Verified Buyer

A great experience and insight into both the everest base camp and the Himalayas. Our guide Tanka gave a great tour and history/knowledge of the trail and was extremely helpful and professional at all times. I would definitely advise this trek, but overall the trekking company, experience the Himalayas. A great and for filling experince. Thank you.
Oscar.H
Verified Buyer

It was hard high in altitude but when we started to go down I felt much better and I could appreciate better the environment.It was a very big achievement for me and it was a good experience.
Mona H
Verified Buyer

we had a beautiful time, tested a little our limits, it is a hikle not to be under estimated.
our guide and porters were at all times helpful and friendly....and above all humour was at the rendez vous.
Thank you Tanka... a life time experience
Unverified Reviewer

I had a lovely experience with Experience the Himalayas! Wonderful and welcoming people. The adventure to base Camp was culturally and naturally amazing. The lodges were clean and comfortable and we were very lucky with the weather. Tonka is a very experienced and enjoyable to have as a guide. And would recommend as a guide. I had truly an amazing and unique experience.
Candace And Andrew
Verified Reviewer

We just love these guys. We did the Annapurna Circuit trek with Kumar and Sontosh, and we had an absolute blast. Our team was so helpful on the trek (helping with footing and offering tips in tough spots), but they also became good friends, explaining the connection between Hinduism and Buddhism, walking us through the current political landscape, explaining their own communities. They had a smile on their faces 24/7, and their happiness and appreciation for the beauty of the mountains, the trees, the wildlife...it was contagious. We are already planning our next trip with these two!
Michael Houseknecht
Verified Reviewer

Fantastic, Unbelievable, incredible and everything else you can come up with. I`m from Arizona, and the girls are from Chicago, we expected a lot of service and help, well we got it. So, the entire experience eas great from the first call to Experience The Himalayas. David Cassidy, called me right back and fielded all my questions. The trek operator Bijay Neupane, who was very attentive with the girls and I. We landed in Kathmandu at all hours in the night and Bijay was there to collected us and take us back to the hotel. We had dinner the next night to complete our trek orientation. Bijay and our guide Kumar Gautam who in my opinion is the very best of guides, both worked very well together to bring us the very best private trekking experience possible, I know we were not easy but, I wanted this trek to be focused on the girls being able to have the very best trip. Kumar picked up on that and was an absolutely enjoyable man. I wanted to make his laugh my ring tone.

Our guide Kumar was most excellent in every aspect, from spotting wild life to all the history of the region from Everest to Buddhism. I felt like Kumar was famous he was known all up and down the trail. He got us on the plain to Lukla and to base camp and Kala Plattar and back. He served us every night and made sure we were comfortable. We played a lot of cards. I found that we shared the exact same upper end Tea Houses that the other bigger outfits were using. I never lost a thing Kumar was very good that we collected all our items, I would have lost something without him. Why anyone would pay the price of the big outfits is beyond me, you don’t have to pace your hike to a crowd of other trekkers that you will meet anyway in the tea house every night.

I seriously think we found the very best trekking company Nepal has to offer in Experience The Himalayas. Bijay , Kumar and the rest of the crew were very professional, nothing was left to questions we will be back to trek the Annapurna.

This is the time to go everything is wide open and the US $ has a good exchange rate at $104, Nepal desperately needs every bit of money that they can get and this is a good way to give it. My hats off to Experience The Himalayas for a trip of a life time. Oh one more thing don’t go to Nepal without spending several days in Kathmandu.
Experience the Himalayas is rated 4.94 based on 110 reviews