Expedia Reviews

60% of reviewers recommend Expedia
08AM
8AM

About Expedia: Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Categories:
Car Hire
Flights
Hotels & Accommodation
Travel

Tell us how Expedia made you happy

Telephone
"expedia have a terrible customer service. you're lucky until you have a problem, then they don't care anymore"
Are you Expedia? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Expedia receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"If I could give zero stars, I would. From now on, I book direct with the hotels, car-hire, airlines etc, as I find it far cheaper and far more honest. Expedia add no value and no savings over booking directly with the suppliers yourself. They hide a lot of costs, which I found out later on my itinerary booked through them. Devious little "middle-men"."
"My booking has been cancelled with no reasons:"
"Best flight for price and times"
"Beware of using Expedia. I booked some flights from Singapore to Malaga (Via the UK) for my wedding. I am meant to fly in a few weeks so was checking at my flights and only now realized that there is only 3.5 between my connecting flights in the UK. Trouble is that I land in Heathrow but my next flight leaves from Gatwick. So there is not enough time to switch airports and also comes at a huge cost. I called Expedia to ask for help and to maybe change to a later connecting flight and they want to charge me over £1000 to change or £500 if I just cancel that leg and re-book a separate much cheaper flight direct with BA. I checked the cost of the flight on BA and it was only £141 so Expedia are taking advantage of my desperate situation and holding me hostage to the fact I booked through them. The attitude of the agent was that I should have read the small print and when I expressed my dissatisfaction, he just hung up on me. I really do hope that someone reads this and it saves them from making the same mistake. Expedia do not care about customers."
"Following an hour-long conversation with a representative from Expedia I have to come to the conclusion that this Company is not to be trusted in any shape or form. The facts are that they take a booking from us, the public, and give guarantees that they have absolutely no thought of honouring. My daughter booked with Expedia the total package of flight and hotel, as a surprise to me, to go to Albuferia in Portugal where I was being treated to a 50th Birthday celebration holiday. She was booked on the same flight as us which left Dublin Airport at around 8.00pm for the two and a half hour flight which was thankfully uneventful. On arriving at Faro airport we had a pre-arranged taxi waiting to take us to our accommodation which took about 45 minutes. My friends left the taxi and went to book into our hotel (Hotel Vila Recife) and were treated with the utmost courtesy and given the keys to their rooms. I stayed in the taxi to make sure that my daughter would have no problems at her hotel (Hotel da Galé) which was only a few minutes away. On arriving at reception we were greeted by an insolent and extremely rude man who told us immediately that they had no room for my daughter as she was late booking in and that they had, in fact, sold the room on to someone who had just walked in off the street. I told him that my daughter had a confirmed booking through Expedia and that they had no right to re-sell the room. He literally told us to get lost and stop bothering him as there was no room at the inn (I know how Joseph and Mary felt). I asked him to refund the money to which he replied that Expedia had the money and we were to seek recompense from them. After a lengthy discourse, we decided that there was no way we going to get him to change his indifference to my daughter plight. We left and found another hotel where my daughter paid again for her 3 nights stay. We phoned Expedia the next morning and they were apologetic and said they would take the matter up with the hotel and not to worry they would be refunding my daughters payment. On returning to Ireland we contacted Expedia again and asked what they were doing about the refund and an apology for the disgraceful treatment of their customer. This is when the useless guarantees that I mentioned earlier were borne out. Expedia said that they were unable to get the money back from the hotel and as a gesture of goodwill would give us a €100 voucher against a future booking! As you will appreciate this was entirely unacceptable and I argued that the contract was made with Expedia and that their emailed confirmation clearly stated that no worries about late booking in as the rooms were guaranteed. The ignoramus who I was talking to asked to see a copy of the booking confirmation that my daughter was sent, so he was obviously accusing me of lying. While I was still on the phone to him I forwarded this confirmation which stated quite clearly what I was telling him. When he received that he reverted to the story that the hotel was not prepared to refund anything as she was late booking in. He was told in no uncertain terms that his argument was complete and utter rubbish. I told him that the contract existed between my daughter and Expedia and had nothing whatsoever to do with what the hotel did or didn't do. He again said the best he could do was offer the €100 voucher. It seems the only way to resolve this matter will be by recourse to the courts and I look forward to hearing just what Expedia's excuses will be at that juncture. In the meantime, I give you fair warning not to trust this shower of liars and cheats you will be very disappointed."
"expedia took my money for 2 flights in January and did not book them, have been promised a refund for ages now and still waiting, customer service is bad, they say will call you back but never do about why the refund has not happened."
"IBIS NORTHAMPTON - BUYER BEWARE - RUDE AND UNHELPFUL IBIS NORTHAMPTON Truly the worst customer service, rudeness and apathy I have encountered. Booked with Expedia - booking for wrong night - despite being free rooms the tried to rip me off and say I could not cancel, from staff with a serious attitude problem. IBIS AND EXPEDIA REALLY EXCEEDING APATHY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE _ BUYER BEWARE!!! The antithesis of customer service - BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"
"A good price for our hotel and sorted out the problem for us when we accidentally booked the wrong dates."
"I recently booked a weekend trip to Paris through Expedia. The price included flights and a 5* hotel room for one night. We also booked a shared shuttle from Paris Charles de Gaulle which was extremely good value for money. The experience with Expedia was trouble free from start to finish and the price was very competitive."
"Always a good choice and price and customer service respond to any concerns"
"Provided prompt info on a package interested to purchase. Responded to questions asked very quickly to enable me to complete booking satisfactorily"
"Several choices available , best prices available"
"It's always easy to book travel with Expedia. I've recently booked a trip to Paris and was delighted to find I could use Expedia for booking my excursions in addition to my flight. The bonus is I also get Nectar points!"
Xec
"staff are very nice and understand customer's need"
"On 2-nd of March 2018 I did booked hotel room in FAIR HOTEL AM RATHAUSE in SCHWALBACH am TAUNUS - Germany, Paid by debit card immediatly. Booking was for 2 nights 7 and 8-th of March . Waited few days for confirmation email - nothing. On 6-th of March I contacted costumer services via email asking for confirmation - no respond at all. I went to Germany woried about my acomodation . Very poor customer service. Not recommended. Will never use again."
"good to use"
"Very user friendly website."
"Convenient."