Expedia Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend Expedia
2PM
2PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Expedia?

About Expedia: Expedia.co.uk was established in 1998 in the UK, and is now the leading online travel agent in the UK. Expedia globally, is the largest seller of travel online in the world. Expedia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI). Expedia’s award-winning Expert Searching and Pricing (ESP) technology delivers the most comprehensive flight options available online. ESP also allows customers to dynamically build complete trips that combine flights, Expedia® Special Rate Hotels, ground transportation, and destination activities.

ph:+44-33-01231235

travel@support.expedia.co.uk

333 108th Avenue NE

Categories:
Car Hire
Flights
Hotels & Accommodation
Travel

Tell us how Expedia made you happy

Telephone
"Everything seemed fine when I flew on the outward leg but on the return I was told I had no checked baggage and needed to pay for a bag. After some discussion I eventually agreed to pay but said I would complain. I complained to Expedia - after three emails they rang me and agreed to reimburse me. It would be in my account in 7 - 10 days. After three weeks I contacted them and was told there was a technical problem and they would try again. After two more emails and two more phone calls I was told it had to be done manually and would definitely be done immediately and be in my account with 5 - 7 days. It is now ten days later and i have emailed again. They think I will give up but this delay just makes me more determined."
Are you Expedia? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Flight was cancelled because of safety reasons Expedia told me for three months I was going to get refunded. They are now saying I need to ask the Bank or a travel insurance."
"Have used Expedia for years and was happy until I contacted their customer services. Same standard replies without any thought of what they are saying. Will not use them again."
"Appalling service, we had an issue with our online booking (which was the fault of the website) and then we weren't able to get the booking moved. We ended up booking twice for rooms and have got no where trying to sort out a refund or even get a complaint registered. Worse customer service we've ever dealt with."
"Booked a flight through them that the airline cancelled. Got a weird message saying I 'might' be able to get a refund but had to call customer services for anything to happen. Got through... Eventually. Tortuous process to get them to get the refund ball rolling. 2 months later... Still no refund. If an airline cancels a flight, Expedia should either book you on another one or automatically provide a refund. I'll never book a flight with them again.... And would be very wary of booking any thing with then. Not whst you expect from a reputable travel company... Assuming they are one!!"
"I recently tried to book a hotel and a flight package, this should have totalled £540 for both the flight and the hotel. After entering my payment details the app said 'Your booking is now being processed. Click here to view your itinerary'. Clicked it and nothing. No itinerary, no booking confirmation, no confirmation order etc. It took me to the homepage. I left it for a while as I thought it may take a while to process however after checking again, still nothing. I checked my bank account and £80 had been taken by Ryanair for the flights. I rang and emailed customer service and both representatives ensured me that absolutely nothing had been booked and that I would be refunded the £80 within 72 hours.72 hours passed and nothing. I rang customer service again, after being on the phone for 45 minutes, the representative said that she can see the package I originally tried to book and that for some reason there was an error wit their system so I need to book the hotel separately. To book the hotel separately it would cost £600 meaning due to their 'faulty' app I am out of pocket by £140. The customer service representative said if I booked the hotel separately they would refund me the £140. At the time I did not have the money to book it separately and the representative told me if i do not book it now I may lose out on the chance of the refund. A week later I rang back to book the hotel and I was put though to a different representative who told me there was nothing anyone could do for me. A few days later I got an email from customer service saying if I would like to book the hotel they would refund me the different for what I originally should have paid for the package. At this point I had lost all trust in the website and misleading customer service team. I have read other peoples reviews who have had similar experiences and I decided I do not want my holiday to be booked through them anymore as who knows what other problems would arise. I do not trust that they would refund me the full difference if any so I decided o book directly through the hotels website as I did not want any more hassle or involvement with Expedia. After explaining this to them on an email, they send me a £50 voucher."
"Worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in my life. Booked return flights and they cocked that up.. I now have two separate itineraries. And they charged me SIX TIMES and have now advised I need to speak with the airline. That's after me calling them four times (2 hours total call time) and after sending them screenshots of the charges THREE TIMES. Idiots is an understatement. If i could give less than zero stars I would. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"After emailing a few time and having NO real help other than 'telephone us', I called to cancel our trip as my wife is ill and we cannot travel. ALL I wanted was a cancellation invoice and the return of the tax paid, as I had already established that I would not get a refund. I was kept on hold for ages before AND during the call. I had to try to interpret a call centre operative for whom English was a second language. after ages I was told that I would be CHARGED £50 to cancel rather than have that deducted from the refund. By the end of the call I had gone from distressed, through frustrated, to absolutely furious at how Expedia had treated me at a time of already hightened emotions. I have ALREADY been charged £50, but STILL have NO confirmation of cancellation OR a cancellation invoice. I shall NOT be using Expedia again!"
"expedia have a terrible customer service. you're lucky until you have a problem, then they don't care anymore"
"If I could give zero stars, I would. From now on, I book direct with the hotels, car-hire, airlines etc, as I find it far cheaper and far more honest. Expedia add no value and no savings over booking directly with the suppliers yourself. They hide a lot of costs, which I found out later on my itinerary booked through them. Devious little "middle-men"."
"My booking has been cancelled with no reasons:"
"Best flight for price and times"
"Beware of using Expedia. I booked some flights from Singapore to Malaga (Via the UK) for my wedding. I am meant to fly in a few weeks so was checking at my flights and only now realized that there is only 3.5 between my connecting flights in the UK. Trouble is that I land in Heathrow but my next flight leaves from Gatwick. So there is not enough time to switch airports and also comes at a huge cost. I called Expedia to ask for help and to maybe change to a later connecting flight and they want to charge me over £1000 to change or £500 if I just cancel that leg and re-book a separate much cheaper flight direct with BA. I checked the cost of the flight on BA and it was only £141 so Expedia are taking advantage of my desperate situation and holding me hostage to the fact I booked through them. The attitude of the agent was that I should have read the small print and when I expressed my dissatisfaction, he just hung up on me. I really do hope that someone reads this and it saves them from making the same mistake. Expedia do not care about customers."
"Following an hour-long conversation with a representative from Expedia I have to come to the conclusion that this Company is not to be trusted in any shape or form. The facts are that they take a booking from us, the public, and give guarantees that they have absolutely no thought of honouring. My daughter booked with Expedia the total package of flight and hotel, as a surprise to me, to go to Albuferia in Portugal where I was being treated to a 50th Birthday celebration holiday. She was booked on the same flight as us which left Dublin Airport at around 8.00pm for the two and a half hour flight which was thankfully uneventful. On arriving at Faro airport we had a pre-arranged taxi waiting to take us to our accommodation which took about 45 minutes. My friends left the taxi and went to book into our hotel (Hotel Vila Recife) and were treated with the utmost courtesy and given the keys to their rooms. I stayed in the taxi to make sure that my daughter would have no problems at her hotel (Hotel da Galé) which was only a few minutes away. On arriving at reception we were greeted by an insolent and extremely rude man who told us immediately that they had no room for my daughter as she was late booking in and that they had, in fact, sold the room on to someone who had just walked in off the street. I told him that my daughter had a confirmed booking through Expedia and that they had no right to re-sell the room. He literally told us to get lost and stop bothering him as there was no room at the inn (I know how Joseph and Mary felt). I asked him to refund the money to which he replied that Expedia had the money and we were to seek recompense from them. After a lengthy discourse, we decided that there was no way we going to get him to change his indifference to my daughter plight. We left and found another hotel where my daughter paid again for her 3 nights stay. We phoned Expedia the next morning and they were apologetic and said they would take the matter up with the hotel and not to worry they would be refunding my daughters payment. On returning to Ireland we contacted Expedia again and asked what they were doing about the refund and an apology for the disgraceful treatment of their customer. This is when the useless guarantees that I mentioned earlier were borne out. Expedia said that they were unable to get the money back from the hotel and as a gesture of goodwill would give us a €100 voucher against a future booking! As you will appreciate this was entirely unacceptable and I argued that the contract was made with Expedia and that their emailed confirmation clearly stated that no worries about late booking in as the rooms were guaranteed. The ignoramus who I was talking to asked to see a copy of the booking confirmation that my daughter was sent, so he was obviously accusing me of lying. While I was still on the phone to him I forwarded this confirmation which stated quite clearly what I was telling him. When he received that he reverted to the story that the hotel was not prepared to refund anything as she was late booking in. He was told in no uncertain terms that his argument was complete and utter rubbish. I told him that the contract existed between my daughter and Expedia and had nothing whatsoever to do with what the hotel did or didn't do. He again said the best he could do was offer the €100 voucher. It seems the only way to resolve this matter will be by recourse to the courts and I look forward to hearing just what Expedia's excuses will be at that juncture. In the meantime, I give you fair warning not to trust this shower of liars and cheats you will be very disappointed."
"expedia took my money for 2 flights in January and did not book them, have been promised a refund for ages now and still waiting, customer service is bad, they say will call you back but never do about why the refund has not happened."
"IBIS NORTHAMPTON - BUYER BEWARE - RUDE AND UNHELPFUL IBIS NORTHAMPTON Truly the worst customer service, rudeness and apathy I have encountered. Booked with Expedia - booking for wrong night - despite being free rooms the tried to rip me off and say I could not cancel, from staff with a serious attitude problem. IBIS AND EXPEDIA REALLY EXCEEDING APATHY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE _ BUYER BEWARE!!! The antithesis of customer service - BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"
"A good price for our hotel and sorted out the problem for us when we accidentally booked the wrong dates."
"I recently booked a weekend trip to Paris through Expedia. The price included flights and a 5* hotel room for one night. We also booked a shared shuttle from Paris Charles de Gaulle which was extremely good value for money. The experience with Expedia was trouble free from start to finish and the price was very competitive."
"Always a good choice and price and customer service respond to any concerns"
"Provided prompt info on a package interested to purchase. Responded to questions asked very quickly to enable me to complete booking satisfactorily"
Expedia is rated 3.15 based on 68 reviews