Essential Data Recovery Reviews

of reviewers recommend Essential Data Recovery
Read Essential Data Recovery Reviews

Excellent service to save data on a corrupted external hard drive and transfer it to a new one. I would not hesitate to recommend this company, who kept me informed every step of the way and whose charges are very reasonable.
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am glad we could help!
Very responsive, very technically able and excellent tracking of my job. A great all round service.
Sarah got my data back for the price she quoted in the time frame she guesssed when I dropped it in to her for assessment. Thumbs up from me.
Excellent level of service and very friendly to deal with. Its nice to deal with real people in person and not through a call center in our day and age. Would highly recommend, in fact I already have to several friends and colleagues.
Thank You So Much!! I really had started to come to terms with losing all my photos from the last 20 years, including my wedding and honeymoon! I had been told 100% by my local PC repair shop that nothing could be done as it had been dropped and that any attempt to do so would just be a waste of time and money! They must have some pretty special equipment or techniques is all I can say. My local PC repair guy can't understand how they got any data back at all.
Our NAS server was down and it was impossible to recover the data using windows, in the meanwhile my backup has failed and staff forgotten to inform me. So the recovery of the data was a must. I have Google searched many companies local and national most who are offering free assessments but they like to hide the end costs to recover data. When I pushed them for the price they are quoting from £97 turns into "any amount+vat" they were very pushy and eager to get the HD over. Pushy sales is a put off for me. Sarah from Essential Data was honest and upfront and did exactly what she promised, she is very knowledgeable and knew exactly what she is talking about unlike some of the other companies using call centre sales people to get the drive over. I sent the drive by special delivery and could not sleep that night, so stressed. I was delighted when she called me hours after she received my hard drive and said she is confident she can recover the data. I was still a bit wary until she started to read some file names, it's saved my bacon I must say! She is genuine young lady and no pushy sales here. The service is offered on table you take it or leave it. That's exactly my way of doing business. A massive thank you to you Sarah. The price is also very good comparing to other companies offering similar services. A big 6 star I will give to Sarah and her team.
I’ve been using a Dell PC for many years and always been happy with it, then 2 weeks ago my hard drive mysteriously stop working. I was wondering what to do, then a friend work recommend Essential Data Recovery. I simply phoned up and they talked me through the process of sending my hard drive to them. I was fulfilled with confidence as the guy I spoke to seemed very experienced. Although It wasn’t urgent a new external hard drive was sent back to me with all my data intact within a week. Well done to Essential Data Recovery, a job well done.
I bought a My Passport backup drive for the specific purpose of backing up all my photos as I was giving my laptop away to a friend and wanted to wipe it first. When it came to putting them up on the screen to view my photos they would no longer be seen. Sarah did recover all of my backed up photos but I had to buy another backup drive from her as my new My Passport was somehow broken even though it was only 6 weeks old. They provided the service they advertised but I don't think I should have needed their service in the first instance.
Good service. Charged me £120 for usb stick recovery of college work
Very good professional service. The fixed price was well explained and I felt my questions and concerns were answered and dealt with very quickly and satisfactorily. Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs their services.
Essential data recovery was actually the third company I sent my hard disk to for recovery. The first 2 I now know were in fact the same guy in Wales marketing himself as 2 different business's. After sending what must have been 20 emails requesting my drive back it finally materialised one day in the post loose in a box with no padding! and missing all of its casing and stickers. I sent "what was left" of my drive to Essential data recovery as a last ditch rescue attempt, they let me know the day they received it that it was obviously in a very bad way and would need so repairs before a recovery would be possible. They explained that the drive should be able to be repaired for £285 in addition to the quoted £165 they charge for the data recovery process. I am annoyed at myself for not doing my research on the first company properly before sending them my drive, as this ultimately nearly lost my data full stop! Thanks for rescuing my situation!
I dealt with a lovely lady called Sarah who kept me up to date from start to finish. After dropping my drive containing my whole business I was in a complete panic but this amazing company put me at ease and I had my data back in my hands 4 days later. I can't thank them enough!
Safed a family feud . Long story short my eldest son in all is wisdom used my daughters eternal drive to move movie files erasing the content in the process to use on his mac. After many tears / fights and quotes ranging from not possible to Re mortgage the house . Spoke to a young lady at essential and we had the data back the following week . Would recommend to any body and infect have . Thanks To every body at Essential Data Recovery
I run my own eBay business and recently used the services of Sarah @ Essential Data. I was originally put off by the negative reviews I came across on various review sites until I realised all of them seem to written by or mention by name someone called Toby. I phoned Sarah and spoke to her at length about my damaged My Passport drive as it contained 100,000 of my eBay product photos. She really calmed me down and reassured me. I sent my drive to her early this week and I am happy to say I received back yesterday a new USB external with all my photos back! Couldn't recommend enough!!!
Awesome service and great price considering I am pretty sure I know what equipment they use and how much it costs. Until the day we can justify the initial outlay in our own business we will keep sending our more difficult cases to Essential Data.
I was genuinely surprised at how easy and hasle free it was getting the data recovered from the hard discs from one of our cmc gear machines. It was a shame the data had to be put on to a USB disc, but that’s technology for you. Don’t hesitate to use EDR!
I used their services earlier in the year when my back up drive wouldn’t work anymore. I found them to be quick, efficient and very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend and use them again.
I have sent what must be over 50 hard drives now to Essential Data for recovery, so would say I am qualified to write this review. I would say the overall success rate of them getting a full recovery of the client data was around 8 in 10. Of the remaining 2 that couldn't be recovered from we would usually have some options with regards to trying to repair them well enough to be recovered from. The time frames are pretty good, usually around the 3 maybe 4 day mark for normal stuff, maybe a bit longer for bigger drives I have found. The fixed prices for me personally are maybe a little too cheap if anything in some cases when you look at the time it takes to recover say 6TB of data from a damaged drive and maybe even put some people off. On the whole keep doing what your doing! Its great having someone to talk to about the technical problems whilst we have the client in front of us.
My experience is exactly the same as the ones below. I paid about £200 for them to tell me it was too damaged and needed the clean room and after the clean room tell me it would be £80 for motherboard, £395 for new heads and another £120 for recovery with a 50% chance of recovery. I gave up on it and never expected to ever get my data back. Fast forward 6 months and I am lucky enough to end up in a relationship with a guy that owns a data recovery company. The mother board was broken. It should have been no more than the £80 for the motherboard and £120 for data recovery. It did not need a clean room and there was nothing wrong with the heads. My partner recovered all my data at the first step of their diagnostic process. He said it was a simple and most normal type of problem. This company are either incompetent or cowboys. I think it is more the latter. Avoid at all costs.
They claimed £120 fixed fee and they can recover my data. They got the Hard drive and then said it needed to be opened in a clean room and the cost would be around £500. I told them to leave it and they returned my hard drive. I then took the hard drive to Cheadle Data recovery in Stockport who had a look at the hard drive. They told me what I had been told by Essential data recovery was a pack of lies. Cheadle Data recovery was able to recover the data without using a clean room at half the price quoted by Essential Data.
Essential Data Recovery is rated 4.82 based on 102 reviews