ESSE Engineering Ltd Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend ESSE Engineering Ltd

About ESSE Engineering Ltd: British manufacturer of Range Cookers & Stoves

ESSE Engineering LtdLong Ing Barnoldswick Lancashire

Tell us how ESSE Engineering Ltd made you happy

"Spares item ordered. Order arrived but was not as described and did not fit my stove. Could not be used. Contacted this company direct several times by email but have never had a reply. Can not recommend this company and will not be using again."
"We love the gas fired Esse.....installed two years ago. But to get the annual service done is a nightmare. In comparison to Aga who are very well organised Esse have in the past been unable to help, referring us back to the dealer....who refers us to Esse....! We live in Rutland. Does ANYONE know an Esse engineer within about 100 miles please ?"
"I purchased an Esse Solid fuel range cooker, the draw is not fantastic as ash and smoke come out of the fire door when opened. The draw on the chimney is rated fine but possible the baffles within the unit limit the draw and cause the probem. In addition I have to repair the connection with the thermostat twice now as it has worked apart. This means the job of emptying and removing kitchen units to open the side of the unit to fix a small part...this item could be engineered better"
"Disappointing service with issues still not resolved now. I have an old else model and required some replacement parts. I was given the wrong advice about parts, which when they arrived were broken and didn't fit my stove. Returned the parts (at a cost of £23 to myself). Advised I would be refunded for the parts and my postage. I have only been partially refunded (they took off 15% for returning despite the fact the parts were unsuitable / broken). Despite multiple phone calls, I am still waiting for my refund 8 weeks later. The sales department is completely incompetent and one member of staff is rude. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone."
"Our Esse Induction cooker was great when working, however are a real problem when they go wrong, Esse rely on freelance fitters to fix them and have discontinued most of the parts on previous models. These are very expensive to purchase and as a customer we should get better support."
"after getting my order from you it arrived with 3out of 4 bits broken also they were not the correct parts as i ordered the originals that came with my stove as these originals have lasted 5 years witch is very very good after a phone call to yourselves i had the correct parts f o c and within 2 days your after sales service is the same as your stoves 5 star well done and thank you very much"
"My 100MF stove makes our house a home, 2 years on I still love it as much as when it was first installed,"
"Even though my guarantee for this multi fuel fire had run out for over a year Esse sent me information on how to fix a problem I was having with it.Esse was quick and efficient sending the details within one day....excellent service"
"We are delighted with both the performance and the look of our new esse range. I did wonder if you would like to Clive a picture of it in our fireplace in the kitchen. Please send email so that I can attach. Lisa"
"Pauline responded to my email promptly and I was provided with an answer by close of play that day. Very helpful"
"What an amazing oven. First attempt it smoked a lot as it dried out from the rain and water under the base. From then on it lights quickly and smokes very little. The main challenge is learning to cook at such high temperatures...that remains a work in progress! Pizza edges burn quickly. I have posted a few pics on Twitter Ian"
"Easy purchase, easy install. Love my el 13amp x"
"Having experienced an issue with the enamel paint finish on my ESSE CAT cooker I contacted my dealer (Rangemoors) and was surprised to hear back from ESSE within the hour. Helen at ESSE was able to immediately suggest remedial action involving a visit. I was contacted within a week and when I had to decline the first date another was soon arranged for one week later. Shane turned up as a agreed an replaced the front panel in just over an hour. Problem solved. In my experience I have found the support from Customer Service at ESSE to be first class, it is customer friendly, decisive and prompt. Many other companies would do well to follow their lead."
"Great course , content was excellent!"
"The quality of your products,and the enthusiasm and passion which all your staff showed was plain to see. I wish all at ESSE the best for a very profitable future,and I will do all I can to help this by recommending your products to my customers."
"Sent an engineer to help me with a problem that nobody had been able to remedy. Engineer identified problem and advised within minutest Thank you"
"Engineer was prompt, polite and professional. Quick diagnosis, quick fix. Can't ask more. Well done Steve!"
"We visited the Esse Factory Showroom because we are renovating a farmhouse and wanted to know exactly what the 990CH was capable of plus what kind of system we needed to install to run it. The stove had been fired up for us so that we could see it in action and the engineer who spoke to us was extremely knowledgeable about all the possible configurations, any problems we might encounter., and how to overcome them. We spent over one and a half hours looking at the stoves and finding out about the installation requirements etc. We could not have asked for better service and the Esse stove itself is absolutely beautiful. All our questions were answered clearly and patiently and we were even told we were welcome to come back again if we needed another look at the stove in action or if we needed any more help. We received a first rate service, and we are looking forward to getting to the stage when we can order our Esse 990CH. Thank you!"
"Love Esse ..."
"We bought an ESSE great but is still sitting there cold, very cold WE visited your facility and supported well, looked after very well indeed, drove up from S Wales Will answer all my questions technically but Im still stuck. why ? I am an engineer You dont know if the unit is installed and working ? No real follow up! I am now working with heating company to install, would rather work with you. Far from perfect Tank design critical but failed with your recomended supplier who would not give us a price. Just could not get a drawing from him after 6 months, right through the winter he kept me hanging on. Sizing coils in tank critical with no data I could not move forward."
ESSE Engineering Ltd is rated 4.05 based on 20 reviews