EO Charging Reviews

Tom Taylor
EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
Most importantly, the EO charger charges my new EV. No problems there. The associated smart app is dire. It's poorly documented and explained, so a learning journey. It sporadically doesn't recognise when it's plugged in. Data is inaccurate. The history function misses events. Buttons don't function. Thankfully my EV and its app do work with the charge point, but an app improvement would be great. Unfortunately, chargers aren't the sort of product you get to try in advance (or change).
Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations, we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Please note that we're currently working on developing an updated version of the EO Smart Home app and will be providing an update to all customers over the coming weeks.

That said the last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383? One of our experts will contact you directly to ensure these issues are resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Although I'd researched home chargers, I thought eo had native octopus agile or Go integration. While the app lets me set off peak hours, it wasn't as intuitive and able to read the charging state as I thought.
The fitting was a little painful due to the length of time and repeated failures to register the QR codes in the app, where the filter was unsure. In the end, I worked out that I had the eo app, rather than the eo smart home app and that the order of QR code registration was hub, then charger. Fitter inexperience is fine, as everyone has to learn and gain experience. He had to spend a lot of time on the phone with eo.
The associated documentation and how to videos are surprising lacking for the app, and the app reviews are on the store are poor.
Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we're sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn't match your expectations.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the app set up process may not have been best in your instance and have passed your feedback to our Home Install team who will look into how we can make this step more streamlined. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

Please note that we would be happy to arrange a technical session with one our experts to run you through the EO Smart Home app - we're keen to ensure you're getting the most out of your charging sessions.

The EO Charging team
I am very unimpressed with your app. It took many attempts by the installer and myself to set it up. So far as I can tell I have been able to use the app to select the Octopus Go tariff. But the app seems incapable of reporting charging sessions which have occurred under that tariff (I can tell that they have occurred, and when, because of information about half hourly usage on the Octopus web site and I can also see that the car has been charged).
Hi Roger,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having such a frustrating experience with our app and thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We fully understand that you want to get the most from your EV charger and would be happy to arrange a technical session with one of our experts to resolve the issues you're facing. Could you please drop us a note directly on support@eocharging.com with your contact details?

The EO Charging team
Very nice! The functions are amazing especially the charging history log that I can use for expensing purposes for work.

I've connected the charger to my 6 kWh system. Using solar to charge my car and then expensing to work :) instead of petrol.

I was going to buy a regular charger and then connect a log but that would have been manual and cost me more than this solution.
Installed very efficiently By third party electrician who has been great. The app however doesn’t work and along with other reviews there is nothing smart about the kit as it is a glorified plug socket.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we’re really pleased that your charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our app doesn't match your expectations. Last thing we want is to let our customers down and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues.

Could you please drop us a note directly on support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly to ensure you're getting the most from your charging sessions.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Fantastic service, the installation team were first class!
The installation of the charger unit went well and it is now in satisfactory use for manual operation. The home hub unit has relatively weak signalling and so it was not possible to connect to our router. We will need to purchase a WI-fi range extender and try to use the smart features thereafter.

The compact appearance of the unit is good.
I like the simplicity and the small form factor of the EO charger. the installer were very professional.
Works well, looks nice, and I love to see good use of Raspberry Pis!
Had to provide a lot of information and images before could get a booking started. Ended up with a whatapps video call with an engineer to check information. on Install day the engineer was there for the full day which was surprising but he left a neat job. Couldn't test on the day but charger has been working fine.
Hi I have an EO smart home charger for about four months now and I wish I had never seen the thing or to be more exact the App. This thing has let me down four times which is once a month since I got it.
It was expertly by Christopher Ruddy so it’s not his fault that the thing is useless.
When I connect my car at approx 11 at night I expect to be able to forget it and the charging will automatically start charging at two o’clock to take advantage of the night rate.
But alas this doesn’t always take place.
The thing starts charging straight away and tells me my smart home is not connected and it cannot connect to something or other in the sky.
I see this is a problem other people have reported.
I have instructed your Irish agent to come and take it away and replace it with something that I can simply set a timer on and the unit will start and stop charging as I it require to. Maybe the simple one would have something to hang the lead on.
And not one made by EO.

Oliver Callaghan.
Hi Oliver,

We’re sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience with our app and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Last thing we want is to let our customers down - please be assured that we are reviewing your case immediately and one of our team experts will contact you directly to ensure you're getting the most from your charging sessions.

The EO Charging team
Installation was a very good experience - nothing to do with EO. The product (socket) is simple and good looking. The accompanying app is, thus far, way below par. Installed Thursday, 10/09/20 and contacted app developer with a query and still waiting for a response. At the moment, I just have a very expensive outdoor socket. Not sure where the smart has gone as it doesn’t seem to want to talk to my phone.
Good morning Patricia,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations and that you’re yet to receive a response from our team.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to resolve these issues as soon as possible - could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

The EO Charging team
Timer stopped working as keep getting message saying SmartHome is offline. It is not my connection - everything else in the house works!
Morning Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear that you're having connectivity problems with your EO charger and are keen to ensure you're up and running as soon as possible - could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
Polite, helpful and efficient installers. Excellent communication from all concerned.
Had problems with the solar charging which has only responded intermittently . Sometimes it still takes solely from the grid rather than the solar panels. Flagged this to EO who say it is a software issue.
Installation otherwise very good.
The ordering process was good. I found it easy to provide all of the details and photos requested.
The chargepoint installation process was good. The engineers got in contact to arrange an install date, arrived on time and did a first class job with the installation.
Unfortunately, a few days after the installers left, the unit appeared to develop a fault. The LED on the unit flashes red, rather than pulsing blue. I’ve monitored the unit for the past 2 weeks and occasionally it will go back to blue, standby but most of the time it flashes red either 2 times, 5 times, or all the time. The installers came back and checked the box etc. Everything appears to be OK. Then, the evening after they left, the red light came back. The installers are currently waiting to hear back from EO.
Other points. Please also consider providing a cable hook for your tethered chargepoints.

It’s a shame the chargepoint doesn’t work. It’s a nice compact unit. hoping they can get to the bottom of the issue or provide a replacement unit so I can regain my confidence in what appears to be a great product when it works. 2 stars due to what appears to be a faulty chargepoint box.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve experienced a hardware issue with your charger and fully appreciate the frustration this issue has caused you. Please be assured that we are currently reviewing your case and someone from our Home Install team will contact you directly to ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you have any questions you can contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or call 0333 77 20383.

Friendly guts, very helpful
EO have been very good with their communications and their engineers have completed the works exactly as agreed. Three days in, everything is working and the work was completed without any significant mess. I would highly recommend EO.
Very good installation done professionally and efficiently
Neat unit does all it says it would.
EO Charging is rated 4.15 based on 171 reviews