Engine Engineering Reviews

44% of reviewers recommend Engine Engineering
Live Chat

How would you rate Engine Engineering ?

"Please don't buy an engine from these scum bags they are vile dishonest people. They took my £1644 and my broken engine and left me a car with no engine and I paid them handsomly to leave me in this state. Never got money back hung up all the time when I was put in a complaint. How you can live with your self I do not know. Luckily I had money to buy another engine! But you may not be so lucky so trade with these people at your own risk. ENGINE ENGINEERING! Or whatever ever name there trading under these days have had 9 different names in the last 3 years!!"
"******WARNING******Payed £3000 to this company nearly 3 years ago and didn’t get an engine or money back. I’d say those who have given 5 star reviews work for Mr Swider because I gave a review a couple of years ago and there was a lot more bad reviews then, than there is now! He just keeps changing the name of the company so the reviews have to start again. They’ve had more names than I’ve had hot dinners according to Companies House. He clearly doesn’t pay what the court awards because he also has a lot of CCJs, all he does is just dissolves the company and starts another. Mr Swider thinks it’s a joke to disappear back to Poland with peoples hard earned money. During the time we were expecting an engine from this crook he was raided by police and trading standards in February 2016 where a large amount of cash and fire arms were ceased (probably drugs related). So do yourself a favour and stay clear of these lying cheating scammers! BE WARNED HE’S GOT ANOTHER DORMANT COMPANY LINED UP READY FOR WHEN THIS ONE IS DISSOLVED - 8 ACTIVE COMPANIES (5 WITH OVER DUE ACCOUNTS 3 NOT DUE) AND 8 DISSOLVED!"
"Had my sisters zafira done here (she knows nothing sbout cars). Was a bit skeptical because of the other reviews but gave them benefit of the doubt. Would definitely recommend. Took a bit longer than expected but engine was totally gone to be fair. The work itself was top standard. Engine is running great. Took it to my local mechanic just to be sure (because my sis will lynch me if anything happens lol) and he was very impressed. Any more work will be going yo these guys. Great job"
"Do not use this company!! They will not give you your surcharge payment back. The engine supplied is sub standard. Cowboys."
"Do not use it's a con wend you any engine and claim it's a mistake and then because of their T&C try to keep your money it you have been conned by these please report to trading standards so they can build a case to prosecute them."
"Formally engineered engines Glasgow, this bunch of cowboys have had more company names than Aldridge prior the compulsive lyer. BEWARE. THIS IS A BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS. They take peoples money up front, then lead you on a merry dance of delaying tactic, and excuses hoping you will wright off your losses. Conned my local garage out of over 2 thousand pounds and have had my engine for 4 months. They hide behind the fact that Scottish law is different, and use it to scam us English out of every penny the grasping thieves can get. DO NOT USE THIS BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS. YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY AND ENGINE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Any positive reviews have certainly been written by the den of thieves who gather within. THIS BUNCH OF COWBOYS HAVE COST ME MY BUSINESS. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"My local garage sent my taxi engine to be rebuilt with over 2k up front deposit. 4 month later no engine no refund and no income. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS. DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. THIS IS A SCAM. any decent reviews are probably fake. THIS IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
"Conmen. Engine seized 2 miles down the road. They have not returned the money for the exchange engine, nor do they return any form of communication."
"Don't touch them. They trade under many different names. All the websites look the same. Different name, same crooks. Returned my car to me after months with more problems than it left with, then washed their hands of it. No responses back to emails, letters, and you get nowhere via the phone. Take my advice and look elsewhere."
"DO NOT PAY INTO THE BANK - PAY BY CREDIT CARD NO MATTER WHAT, before you purchase please read below. I wouldn’t use them at all if I were you - they took £1300 off my company without an engine ever coming, took the the court and won, still didn’t pay, sent in the sheriffs (takes months in Scotland though!!!!!) they had changed company and address by the time they got there, they were based in Glasgow but now in paisley. Use them if you want to pay for something you’ll never get or something that’s come from a scrap yard. Like"
"Conmen £1300 spent - no engine - no refund!!"
"Received a great reconditioned engine from Engine Engineering, would have like to have been updated more about the progress but no major complaints"
"The reconditioned engine I received from Engine Engineering is still running as good as new a year later. Top job guys"
"Getting my beloved Landy engine reconditioned by engine engineering has given it a new lease of life and made me a very happy man. Thanks"
"Absolutely delighted with the engine that engine engineering sorted for. Had completely seized and everything and got it running like new. Very happy man"
"Bought a reconditioned engine from engine engineering and had it delivered a week later, couple of days over what I was expecting but reasons for this were explained. Overall happy with the service"
"Delighted with the rebuilt engine I got from Engine Engineering, would highly recommend."
"I've used these guys to get my Mercedes A-class sorted. It had a seized engine after I drove it into a puddle. 2 days over the timescale, but the job was done and I've done over 5000 miles since. Car runs great with plenty of power :)"
"Vehicle was collected and taken to Engine Engineering where they sorted my engine, ran slightly over the advised timescale but overall happy with the work"
"Very happy with the service that engine engineering provided with a speedy turnaround time as well."
Engine Engineering is rated 2.56 based on 25 reviews