Eldon Insurance Services Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eldon Insurance Services
Telephone, Live Chat

Tell us how Eldon Insurance Services made you happy
Eldon have now changed their name again... They are now know as Somerset Bridge Limited, same address. Dreadful company. An accident has been logged against our vehicle - third party claim. Can't give exact details of the time of the incident. We haven't been involved in any accident. Car been examined no damage. Have still accepted responsibility on our behalf. Contacted financial ombudsman who are now dealing.
NEVER EVER HAVE AN INSURANCE WITH ELDON INSURANCE!!!!!! A woman started to set off on an empty roundabout and instantly slammed on in which I went into the back of her. She got out no damage to my car or hers but the passenger got out and pulled at every bit of the car to make it worse. The driver then went on to tell me that a 17 year old had hit her and an 18 year old all in the week of me going into her. Eldon sent letters to my old address and had my old phone number and now want me to pay them £8800 🤣 even though I paid them £360 every month for an insurance! What did I pay that for? Obviously for the fun of it it seems. Do not ever get an insurance out with this company!!!!! I accepted full blame even with no damage to either car and no injuries to the driver and passenger as I literally was doing about 6 mph. Happy 2020 everyone. Eldon you are the worse money grabbing cunts going!
Do not use this company as they are shocking, i had an accident in 2018 and still fighting the case as they will not pay out but quick enough to continue to take my monthly payment off 100+ a month and then try to renew my insurance even tho car wrote off , had there staff tell me theres not reason that they should not pay received a letter to say they was paying then they changed there mind. Also they asked for all my details keys tracker fob to the car as they was paying and kept them even tho i rang to ask why they not taken the car to get told there not paying DONT use this company or any company that these deal with
Awful service, no support and certainly would not recommend this company. Definitely not interested in helping it’s paying clients to protect their status and no claims bonuses. Several operatives all giving conflicting information. My advice, do not consider this company.
If I could give zero I would. Shunted in the back by a truck well over two months ago, still disputing liability. They had a dashcam in the truck, witnesses and footage from street cameras. Insurance nearly doubled now I’ve come to renew and lost my no claims discount. Steer clear.
What a shower of complete scammers , / go skippy, what ever they go by! I had a car and had paid in full for year, the car got stolen and they never paid out because my mods on car were wind deflectors ! Ok fair enough! It was only 2 grand, I took the hit, so then I bought a £8500 focus whic I phoned them up and wanted insured changed to this! They said this was fine , then anther 2 months later I got stopped by police , got done for no insurance , so 6 points and £300 fine, so phoned them and ask why I got this, they said I never transferred it over, Another 4 weeks later and I had bad crash, and guy in my car got hurt, he got payout of £97000 , which they are saying I am due because of a conviction I never had before I got insured with them , which is lies! They not only need to pay out for accident I had, they need to get closed down! Absolute chancers
Fraudsters! The insurance is worthless and it can cost you your licence. Company names they use : vavista, goSkippy, debenhams, Somerset Bridge insurance, Eldon insurance, Watford insurance Europa Ltd .... Etc. The police need to take notice and and investigate these thiefs. An establishment that frequently changes its name does so for no legitimate purpose. I know the changed my insurance cover half way through the year without any notice or reason. I also lost one year no claims. Downgrading my cover has left me with serious penalties and I can't resolve it. They don't care! They know exactly what they have done.
Somerset Bridge Insurance - Fraudsters, Scammers and incompetent. What an absolute joke of a company, how they manage to stay in business and duck and dive under the radar of government laws is absolutely shocking by changing their company name every few months to try and escape the negative criticism. Took out a policy with them and after paying my deposit of £180, they instantly cancelled my insurance within 7 days due to discrepancy on my no claims. Once i sent a complaint, i got a response after 10 days, way after the cancellation time of 7 days. Therefore I cancelled before they could say they cancelled my policy. Upon receiving feedback from my complaint they admitted that they called my previous insurance to get clarification that my no claims is accurate and they said they got the confirmation and admitted they were at fault. So what did they do about it? They told me that they will amend my policy so that they can change the cancellation to cancelled by policy holder and not by them so it won't affect my future quotes by saying I had a policy cancelled. Even tho I cancelled myself anyway. This was the compensation they have offered me, when in reality they've took £180 off me and I've had to get emergency insurance elsewhere which has cost me about £600 more per year than what I was originally quoted when i took out a policy with somerset bridge insurance. They have stated that I am entitled to a £50 refund of the initial £180 deposit, so basically they've charged me £130 for 3 days insurance as well as causing me tremendous stress and anxiety. Hours of phone calls going round and round in circles with foreigners on the phone. I have been waiting 12 days for the refund of £50 and I am still waiting today. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS, MAJOR SCAMMERS AND FRAUD COMPANY WHICH CHANGES THEIR NAME EVERY FEW MONTHS TO AVOID GETTING CAUGHT. This company needs investigating by criminal law.
Do not use debenhams insurance underwritten by Eldon. I ignored bad reviews thinking people had made a mistake, that it wouldn't happen to me, no claims or accidents in 15 years etc. I was very, very, very, very wrong. I had a non fault accident in November 18, I'm still awaiting payout for the car, they took at the scene and never saw again. Not only that debenhams renewed my car insurance automatically without my permission and then charged me £180 to cancel, for the car they still have that I do not!! Do not use this company. They never answer phones and you will not get paid out for your car. Pay a bit more and go with someone else, please do not make the mistake I did.
AVOID this company! They are cheap but not worth the hassle and stress that comes with it! I received a letter from Eldon about a claim I was never involved in or nor were I anywhere near the location on the day or time it stated, they are an absolute scam had engineers check my vehicle and no sign of damages at all. 6 months later and they still haven’t cleared the false claim they made against me! I am not even able to get a quote from any insurance company. I can’t stress enough what a load of scammers they are! This company deserves to be closed down!!
Absolute shower of rip off bastards !! Do not go through these people! They owe me thousands and the stress it’s caused has affected my health!!! Find other company for insurance apart from them
Scammers, I was insured with them over 3 years ago now had a email saying I was involved in a accident which I was baffled by. The time and date wasn't legit as I wasnt there also they could not provide details to who exactly was making a claim against me if there was one. 3 months later my policy shot up because of this and I was over charged and was told I would get money back once the claim was settled another lie. My no claims come back and was never refunded any more money that I over payed. 3 years later which is today I have a email saying that I am due in court over this?? Stay well away from these people they shouldn't even be a insurance company it's a total scam!!!@
Most awful company I have ever dealt with. Won’t communicate with courtesy car company to release my courtesy car. I am not able to work without a vehicle. Spoke to them for over 6 hours in last 3 days and still no resolution. Disgusting scam Company
Went with goskippy and got eldon insurance .... a pure con company ,do not fully honour their policy with you and dont pay out what they should .... scammers avoid at all costs 😡😡😡😡
Do not under any circumstance go with this company. A complete and utter shambles.
Worst underwriter company ever if your insurance is with goskippy avoid at all costs they do everything they can not to pay out
Is been 6 month I’m still without a car I lost my job becoz I cudnt go to work
DO NOT USE THESE CHARLATANS Trading as DEBENHAMS CAR INSURANCE Total con artists, I will shout about these tosse*s anywhere & everywhere I can, scammed out of money due to a minor error on my application for insurance, they are the worst underwriters I have ever come across
BEWARE FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!! This company underwrites car insurance for Go Skippy and various others. They will use every loop hole possible to get out of settling your claim! Avoid at all costs and go direct to a reputable Insurance you have heard off and AVOID the nightmare we have just been through after our pride and joy was stolen during a horrible Burglary at home. Please read the reviews all over the net about GO Skippy, Eldon Insurance, Watford Insurance or Somerset Bridge as they are all affiliated with each other.
The worst company ever, this is SCAM COMPANY!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST! They are unprofessional, Eldon insurance are the underwriters of GoSkippy and Depenhams insurance.
Eldon Insurance Services is rated 1.23 based on 48 reviews