EEC Home Improvements Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over A Week
Read EEC Home Improvements Reviews

About EEC Home Improvements:

EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 29 Years of Business in 2020 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

We opted for solar panels via a local authority auction - EEC Home Improvements were the chosen supplier. From the very beginning we were kept fully informed and offered the opportunity to attend an 'Information Session' which explained all aspects of the proposed solar installation, showcased the materials to be used and allowed a full Q&A session. Once we had decided to go ahead we received regular email updates, a comprehensive survey and a fully costed proposal, with the promise we could decide not to proceed at any time and have our deposit returned. The scaffolding was installed a couple of days before and the installation team were superb, going over the survey with us and allowing us to tweak our layout. The internal electrics were very neat & tidy, fully labelled up and a 'Quick Start/Stop' guide was provided. The system was soon up and running and producing electricity. We opted for the SolarEdge system which displays, on an app, how much electricity is being generated. This was the only problem we encountered - the inverter in the loft wouldn't connect to our wi-fi hub. I went online to research the issue and found that installing a 'hub extender' in the loft sorted the issue straight away! Overall we're very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish and would recommend EEC Home Improvements.
The company has been very good organising the scaffolding and installation of the solar panels the team of 2 installers and electrician was very good and the job was carried out very professionally. The installer gave me nformation to install an app Solis Home on my mobile that has been working well and displays daily electricity generated, apart from one day 01/07/2020 when it shows a graph of electricity generated but a daily generation value 0.00kWh. I am not sure of the reason for this. Since the panels were installed 17/06/2020 it has generated 114.3kWh to 01/07/2020 and my use of electricity went down from 112kWh used to 60kWh used which is excellent.

I had requested an Immersion tank heating controller to use the solar electrcity generated the Optimise PV wireless Immersion controller was installed on 02/07/2020 and to date the generated electricity has been 54.1kWh from 02-13/07/2020 but has used 108kWh so there appears to be some fault as I using the same as I was before the solar panels were installed. I have rang twice last week and today13/07/2020 to request for the engineer who installed the Optimise PV Controller to contact me with regards to this concern but I have not heard anything
THEY ARRIVED ON TIME EACH MORNING, AND WORKED VERY HARD ON THE INSTALLATION OF THE AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP AND TWO SOLAR THERMAL PANELS IN A PROFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY MANNER. THE INSTALLATION WAS TESTED AND I WAS INSTRUCTED OF ITS USE. WHEN I FORGOT THE BIRD DETERRENT FOR THE PANELS, THEY ORDERED AND FITTED THEM BEFORE THE SCOFFOLDING WAS TAKEN DOWN. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE USED EEC HOME IMPROVEMENTS AND I WILL USE THEM AGAIN IF I NEED ANY ADDITIONAL WORK/MAINTENANCE.
Excellent
Ver professional service from survey to complete installation. Everyone we dealt with at EEC was polite, helpful and friendly.
Installation was good and the engineer friendly and well knowledge. The price comparable and generally I am happy with everything. I was promised follow up comunications to help manage the system and get the most out of its capability, but this hasn't come. As usual with big businesses, the money has been paid and you are no longer a consideration.
Good Sales Service With Clear Information With Strict Controls To Prevent A Hard Sell But Poor Knowledge About Battery Installation And Very Poor After-Sales Service.

The information provided about the solar panels was excellent and a good survey was carried out to check the suitability. The installation looks to be good quality and they coped well working with our builder who was doing our drive at the time. Safety, as reported by our retired Nuclear Electric Safety Manager neighbour, was not up to the current standards but the I do think these are rather excessive.

Battery installation was not as specified in the battery installation manual, and the parameters for operation do not appear sensible, according to the battery's manual. So far it has taken a year for them to investigate. Initially EEC insisted that the battery manufacturer documented incorrect installation options in their manual, then suggesting maybe they may be right to some extent, then suggesting another option, not in the manual, and requesting photos of how they actually installed the batteries. This was after not providing any updates, apparently loosing the cases and me making "time of the essence" which legally requires them to solve the problem without delay.

They also failed, when requested by email, to provide a link so I could update my original glowing review :(

This review only comes to you as I contacted * Reviews and provided proof I had bought the installation.
I had solar panels fitted on two elevations of my roof together with battery storage and the process from start to finish has been painless. From the initial survey through to the end commissioning of the system, EEC's staff have taken the time to explain what was best and why. I'd be more than happy to recommend them to anyone. I now wait to reap the benefits from producing our own power and see a reduction in the family's costs.
The installers were very neat and tidy and were able to overcome obstacles to getting the meter to where it needed to be in our cellar. The final appearance of the panels is excellent and unobtrusive.
We are delighted with our solar panel and battery installation. EEC Home Improvements have been reliable, professional and trustworthy. Their office staff have been friendly and supportive and the installation crew did a great job on the day. We will certainly approach them again once we are ready to think about solar hot water and a heat pump. Warmly recommended.
All done at the time agreed and quite efficiently. Unfortunately the whole job couldn't be completed as there was no power to our immersion heater and the electrician was feeling unwell so couldn't track down the problem. I will get my own electrician to resolve this. Only other small issue was with the app where no real explanation was given of how to use it fully.
Excellent service on time - explained and asked us certain questions about position of certain items - cleaned up pleasant workers.
EEC Solar installed our PV solar panel system and we are delighted with the quality of the installation and the knowledge of the installers, bot hthe panel and electrical teams. Thank you.
The installation was quick without scaffolding being constructed before the mounting of the solar panel. At the moment zero energy has being generated which may be due to lack of sunshine. Not sure of the quality of the solar panel. For the size of the property will definitely need 10-12 panels to generate enough for the size of the house.

Am happy to improve the rating as soon as I could see energy generated on the alp installed on my phone but for now zero energy is being generated

Since no scaffolding was not used during solar panel installation then the total bill should be reduced to remove the cost of scaffolding that was not used. Am concerned about the quality of the solar panel because it looks different from those installed on the roof of my next door neighbour.

The electrician did a clean job but am just concern about the quality of the panels installed.
I don't consider the job finished until the scaffolding has been removed, and things are all in order. having read the manual left to me I see I need a certificate of warranty for the solar panels and the batteries I have neither. I need some security to know I am paying the correct people . over the phone could be anyone asking for the money...no bill. Also they asked for more than I had I agreed when I signed the permission form. That's not right to be told one price and then asked for more.. Alson I was told that there would be a metre installed in the kitchen so that I could easily see the generation, this is now by smart phone. Yes I have one but don't really use it except for keeping in touch with one of my sons, Your men installed the app for me but if anything happens to delete the app I have noidea what to do to reinstall the app. Now having checked the loft I see 3 nails that have completely missed the roof timber, could this result in instable panels. I also didn't expect to loose my TV signal for the duration of the scaffolding. Information has been minimal and emails have not been answered. There has been a lot of waiting in for work men to arrive . Phone calls saying when the men are comeing should be standard .I am usually a very prompt payer of my bills and I will pay the amount I agreed to as soon as the job is finished with all aspect taken care of. Warranty certificates are a must or the warranty to useless. There are too many short comeings to give a higher rating although the panel fitters and the electician worked well and were helpful, it was them who told me why my TV had no signal, and they also made sure my gates were locked correctly.
Once started the work was completed very quickly, the fitters were very professional and organised. They were also very clean and put down covers over the carpet where they were going up and down the stairs. They cleaned up behind themselves. On the down side they were a little noisy with drilling and hammering, but that didn't last.too long, overall an excellent job in a timely fashion.
Solar panel installation was very quick and the system is up and running. Good service from all involved through the survey, administration and installers.
I would have given 5 if it was completed on time you brought the installation forward by one day Thursday I instead of Friday, but did not tell the scaffolders therefore the scaffolding didn’t go up until the afternoon ie 3.30 finished an 4,30pm of the new installation day. Therefor put everyone else behind and it wasn’t completed until the Monday. Bad communication with the scaffolders and now still waiting for the scaffolding to come down and it’s Friday otherwise roofers and electrical were great.
Work carried out as agreed and professionally.
The representative was extremely helpful and not at all pushy! The plumber who installed the system including new radiators worked really hard and did an extremely neat and tidy job. We are very pleased with our new heating system.
The work was carried out efficiently, and your fitter & electrician were friendly and explained everything very well.
Throughout, the dialogue with your office staff has been excellent.
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.63 based on 442 reviews