EEC Home Improvements Reviews

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Read EEC Home Improvements Reviews

About EEC Home Improvements:

EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 29 Years of Business in 2020 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

We opted for solar panels via a local authority auction - EEC Home Improvements were the chosen supplier. From the very beginning we were kept fully informed and offered the opportunity to attend an 'Information Session' which explained all aspects of the proposed solar installation, showcased the materials to be used and allowed a full Q&A session. Once we had decided to go ahead we received regular email updates, a comprehensive survey and a fully costed proposal, with the promise we could decide not to proceed at any time and have our deposit returned. The scaffolding was installed a couple of days before and the installation team were superb, going over the survey with us and allowing us to tweak our layout. The internal electrics were very neat & tidy, fully labelled up and a 'Quick Start/Stop' guide was provided. The system was soon up and running and producing electricity. We opted for the SolarEdge system which displays, on an app, how much electricity is being generated. This was the only problem we encountered - the inverter in the loft wouldn't connect to our wi-fi hub. I went online to research the issue and found that installing a 'hub extender' in the loft sorted the issue straight away! Overall we're very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish and would recommend EEC Home Improvements.
We are delighted with our solar panel and battery installation. EEC Home Improvements have been reliable, professional and trustworthy. Their office staff have been friendly and supportive and the installation crew did a great job on the day. We will certainly approach them again once we are ready to think about solar hot water and a heat pump. Warmly recommended.
All done at the time agreed and quite efficiently. Unfortunately the whole job couldn't be completed as there was no power to our immersion heater and the electrician was feeling unwell so couldn't track down the problem. I will get my own electrician to resolve this. Only other small issue was with the app where no real explanation was given of how to use it fully.
Excellent service on time - explained and asked us certain questions about position of certain items - cleaned up pleasant workers.
EEC Solar installed our PV solar panel system and we are delighted with the quality of the installation and the knowledge of the installers, bot hthe panel and electrical teams. Thank you.
The installation was quick without scaffolding being constructed before the mounting of the solar panel. At the moment zero energy has being generated which may be due to lack of sunshine. Not sure of the quality of the solar panel. For the size of the property will definitely need 10-12 panels to generate enough for the size of the house. Am happy to improve the rating as soon as I could see energy generated on the alp installed on my phone but for now zero energy is being generated Since no scaffolding was not used during solar panel installation then the total bill should be reduced to remove the cost of scaffolding that was not used. Am concerned about the quality of the solar panel because it looks different from those installed on the roof of my next door neighbour. The electrician did a clean job but am just concern about the quality of the panels installed.
I don't consider the job finished until the scaffolding has been removed, and things are all in order. having read the manual left to me I see I need a certificate of warranty for the solar panels and the batteries I have neither. I need some security to know I am paying the correct people . over the phone could be anyone asking for the money...no bill. Also they asked for more than I had I agreed when I signed the permission form. That's not right to be told one price and then asked for more.. Alson I was told that there would be a metre installed in the kitchen so that I could easily see the generation, this is now by smart phone. Yes I have one but don't really use it except for keeping in touch with one of my sons, Your men installed the app for me but if anything happens to delete the app I have noidea what to do to reinstall the app. Now having checked the loft I see 3 nails that have completely missed the roof timber, could this result in instable panels. I also didn't expect to loose my TV signal for the duration of the scaffolding. Information has been minimal and emails have not been answered. There has been a lot of waiting in for work men to arrive . Phone calls saying when the men are comeing should be standard .I am usually a very prompt payer of my bills and I will pay the amount I agreed to as soon as the job is finished with all aspect taken care of. Warranty certificates are a must or the warranty to useless. There are too many short comeings to give a higher rating although the panel fitters and the electician worked well and were helpful, it was them who told me why my TV had no signal, and they also made sure my gates were locked correctly.
Once started the work was completed very quickly, the fitters were very professional and organised. They were also very clean and put down covers over the carpet where they were going up and down the stairs. They cleaned up behind themselves. On the down side they were a little noisy with drilling and hammering, but that didn't last.too long, overall an excellent job in a timely fashion.
Solar panel installation was very quick and the system is up and running. Good service from all involved through the survey, administration and installers.
I would have given 5 if it was completed on time you brought the installation forward by one day Thursday I instead of Friday, but did not tell the scaffolders therefore the scaffolding didn’t go up until the afternoon ie 3.30 finished an 4,30pm of the new installation day. Therefor put everyone else behind and it wasn’t completed until the Monday. Bad communication with the scaffolders and now still waiting for the scaffolding to come down and it’s Friday otherwise roofers and electrical were great.
Work carried out as agreed and professionally.
The representative was extremely helpful and not at all pushy! The plumber who installed the system including new radiators worked really hard and did an extremely neat and tidy job. We are very pleased with our new heating system.
The work was carried out efficiently, and your fitter & electrician were friendly and explained everything very well. Throughout, the dialogue with your office staff has been excellent.
Very helpful and efficient installers
I’m impressed with the handling and installation of my solar panels. The teams worked seamlessly, all are efficient and professional. Apart from a few cracked roof tiles I’m still waiting for someone to replace & repair, I’m more than happy with the experience with the EEC teams thus far.
Installation staff were good on the day but the app didn't work then,doesn't work now despite me asking for help and the info on how to use and understand the system frankly woeful. So quick to ask for the money so slow to provide the service. I am really cross with you and as s local councillor will be using my own experience to ensure others are served better.
The installation eventually went well and all seems to be working fine. The downside was in the initial planning where our install date was delayed 4 times causing the need to keep rearranging access with our neighbour. Plus we had to chase for the removal of scaffolding as we had seemed to be missed off the list. All this with no offer of any form of compensation. The two installers on the day were good although the electrician had to come back the following morning to complete commissioning. However I did need to intervene to stop them fitting the wrong make of panels..... Fortunately they did have the correct panels on the van.
From the first contact I found EEC to be very professional. All information and costs were clearly laid out. The office staff were very helpful and answered questions promptly and fully. The installation team were very thorough neat and tidy. All the work was done to the agreed schedule. After installation all necessary paperwork and certification was provided.
EEC Home Improvements carried out our Air Source Heat Pump installation as quotation with minor changes to works. The Heating/Plumbing engineer and Electrician Adam and Mark delivered an excellent job for us within the agreed time.
Excellent service - quick efficient & left very clean and tidy
Whole experience was good - installation team were great, professional, clean, neat, very easy to get on with, and completed the whole job inside 3 hours, including setting up and explain the apps on our phones. I wasn't expecting much in the way of generation (install January) but it is doing better than I had hoped - it will be interesting to see how much is generated over 12 months
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.63 based on 434 reviews