EEC Home Improvements Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend EEC Home Improvements

About EEC Home Improvements: EEC Home Improvements have been providing UK homeowners services since 1991. Celebrating 27 Years of Business in 2018 offering UK home & business owners a wide range of home improvement services.

info@eec-hi.co.uk

140 Norwood Road

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"We opted for solar panels via a local authority auction - EEC Home Improvements were the chosen supplier. From the very beginning we were kept fully informed and offered the opportunity to attend an 'Information Session' which explained all aspects of the proposed solar installation, showcased the materials to be used and allowed a full Q&A session. Once we had decided to go ahead we received regular email updates, a comprehensive survey and a fully costed proposal, with the promise we could decide not to proceed at any time and have our deposit returned. The scaffolding was installed a couple of days before and the installation team were superb, going over the survey with us and allowing us to tweak our layout. The internal electrics were very neat & tidy, fully labelled up and a 'Quick Start/Stop' guide was provided. The system was soon up and running and producing electricity. We opted for the SolarEdge system which displays, on an app, how much electricity is being generated. This was the only problem we encountered - the inverter in the loft wouldn't connect to our wi-fi hub. I went online to research the issue and found that installing a 'hub extender' in the loft sorted the issue straight away! Overall we're very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish and would recommend EEC Home Improvements."
"Excellent job very pleased with the product. Very efficient and friendly installers. Would highly recommend."
"Like many on this site I have found the after sales service poor, I have been waiting since February to get my system up and running completely it took 3 months for them to get the system for transferring power that was being exported to the grid, to go to my hot water system. This was supposed to happen after the battery was full and the system should then start exporting superfluous power to the immersion heater. I overheard the electrician fitting it say that their had been lots of problems with the kit but they still continue to fit them. Since finally getting it up and running I found all it does is drain my battery and doesn't seem to have any temperature control so when I get home from work on a sunny day I find I have little on the battery and scalding hot water. 2 months after reporting this I am still waiting for it to be resolved. One of the panels is not working and that has been since it was installed. When I try and get a date I am told they will contact me when someone is in my area which usually means they give you 2 days notice which has happened. I can't just drop everything at work, I have given them dates when I can be at home only to be told that no one is in my area. There doesn't seem to be any suggestion that actually they need to sort this. They are quick enough in getting paid but once they have your money customer service goes out the window. Very disappointing as I had hoped they were a reliable company given the shining reviews. That maybe because you have to be invited to give a review, which presumably they don't tend to invite people who they think might have a gripe. I had to request the opportunity to review this company."
"Generally everything progressed well from first contact. The only issue was that the installation date was changed several times and I was not always informed of this. However, the installation itself was very professionally done and the system is performing successfully."
"The service for EEC Home Improvements was excellent. The advice given to begin with was spot on and honest. The installation was efficient and completed to a high standard."
"Our solar system was installed in January. With it, we had an immersion controller to divert excess power to the water heater. As time went on and we moved into the unseasonably warm spell in February it became apparent that the water heater system was not functioning so I contacted EEC and reported the problem.. It is now nearly May and nothing has been done! Despite numerous phone calls and emails no-one is responding other than telling me that they are aware of the problem and that someone will get back to me and arrange a visit. How long do I have to wait? I have not really made a fuss and have relied upon the company's professionalism to remedy this situation, but it now seems that I am being taken for a mug and they have no interest in customer support. I must say I am very disappointed. They were very quick to ask for my payment which they received within minutes of the installation being completed, but the are not quite so quick when it comes to sorting out customer's problems. I am very reluctant to post poor reviews as I was always told "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" In this instance I have no choice. I am hoping that EEC redeem themselves soon and sort my problem out, but I'm not holding my breath!"
"Having had solar panels fitted through EEC I would be very happy to recommend this company. Clear communications, well organised and a very professional and good quality service."
"Excellent service and very courteous installers who explained everything and answered all and any of our questions."
"Excellent work. All staff very helpful. System working well. Took a while to get the scaffolding removed however."
"Surveyor and installers arrived on time. Installers neat and tidy. Explanation of system good. EEC staff always able to answer any questions and did actually sort out problem with my Electricity supplier immediately. Staff very friendly and helpful."
"Installers were polite, neat and professional. Work seems to be of a high standard and PV panels were working immediately."
"The team who fitted our PC were very professional, knowledgeable and tidy. They did a very good job hiding wires and installing internal equipment. Scaffolding was up for too long and communication around the fitting was lapse."
"I had a very good experience with the installation of my solar panels by EEC-HI.I found them very well organised. I was kept informed in every stage of the process. The team were very competent, considerate and friendly. I think the quality of work and products is very high. I am really pleased with my solar panel system."
"The installation went well, however organising the work wasn't very good. We were advised when the scaffolders would be arriving, so took a day off work, but they didn't arrive. When I chased EEC they said they would give them a call and get back to me, but never bothered to call back. Got the feeling that admin were booking appointments in without talking to the installers, which meant they couldn't possibly meet the demand."
"We were very pleased with all EEC's work: the quotation and supplying information when we requested it; the surveyor and installation team, who were all pleasant, efficient and very helpful; and the admin for efficient and friendly guidance with the application form. We would not hesitate to recommend EEC-Solar for photovoltaic systems. We look forward to enjoying the benefits of having ours."
"Everything was done speedily and efficiently, and I found the support team very helpful."
"Panels up & running; very helpful & friendly customer service & patience in waiting for me to get the money in place to pay for the installation (which I have now)"
"Scaffolding was erected on time as promised, 2 broken tiles but this was rectified later. Solar panel installation team were excellent. They were efficient, friendly and professional. They took great care around the property and the finished product was very neat and tidy. Every effort was made to meet our requirements with regard to cable siting etc. Very well done and many thanks. The scaffolding remained with us for 2 weeks but was removed with care without further incident. On the whole, a very good job."
EEC Home Improvements is rated 4.68 based on 374 reviews