Edwardes Bros Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Edwardes Bros

Tell us how Edwardes Bros made you happy

"Not to pack an item because it don't fit your standard box size, but mark it as Sent, is very poor customer service, I'm hoping that the missing parts will arrive completing order, the only thing I could have finished the job on Saturday now I'm on an overun on job which is not good for my customer service to client, and will need to work 1 evening to fit these 10 boxes that requires the Wall surfaces to be trimmed and sealed prior to fitting them, so thank you for this, maybe you need to get some bigger boxes! Is this the best way to treat a first time customer, .. Watch this space......"
"The item received was not the item I ordered, even though the sales picture was exactly what I wanted. When I called I was told the item in the picture was no longer available and an alternative sent which would and did not fit the job. This cost me time and money and I lost the job!"
"When I placed the order it said delivery on Friday. It's Sunday and still no delivery! I had someone wait in for this delivery that never came."
"Delivery details as I have still not received my goods and also have no idea when it is going to be delivered."
"Product was good and swiftly sent but, bearing in mind it was lightbulbs, the packing was terrible - the bulbs and shrinkwrap (which was of a completely inadequate size) were completely separate in the (much larger) box and the bulbs were rattling round inside. I just hope that, as I use the lamps, I find no errors"
"Ordered 3 items. Only 1 in stock. I received a phone call but no indication when the items would be dispatched. Quite disappointed."
"I ordered 8 LED bulbs and 8 were delivered but only 7 were the same. The eighth was of the same make (Bell) but was of a slightly different construction with a different model number. It gives a different light intensity and pattern which is noticeable as they are in 4 pairs of wall lights in the same room. Edwardes didn't even bother to tell me they had done this. Very disappointed this time as Edwardes had been very good previously."
"All ok apart from I ordered an opal bulb but was delivered a clear one. Yes you did phone to ask if that was ok but I was away on business and only got the message after the bulb was delivered. So now I have paid you for something I didn't want and have to buy what I did want from someone else."
"order process was good but delivery poor when i sent request to deliver to neighbour as i would. be at work. received message item not delivered no one in ? still haven't received item"
"Ordered some light bulbs on the 21st of October and had to email them to ask where they were on Weds 1st November. Got an email saying they would be delivered on the Friday (3rd) but didn't turn up until Weds 8th November, 18 days after ordering. Simply not good enough and no reason given. Won't order from again."
"Ordering was fine, communication was fine, however delivery was a problem. The driver was rude, and wouldn't respond to my request. I actually cancelled my order down to the delivery issue."
"make sure when ordering on line you have the stock"
"I am disappointed with the service in regards to delivery. For one small component delivery is set to be five days by courier whereas it could have been put in a jiffy bag and posted which would take 2-3 days tops.Most electrical suppliers provide 48 hour delivery if not quicker."
"Ordered two bulbs for insectocutor at work - arrived quite poorly packaged and neither of the tubes worked - they both seemed to be "blown" as when shaken lightly they seemed to be making a crackling noise as if broken insude - tried to phone but no customer telephone number on website! Will not be buying again as poor packaging - not sure if they were broken in transit or before?"
"I needed advice as to how many and which LED lights I would need for my kitchen. It was not forthcoming. I would suggest that some technical details of the number and type of lights per area is needed for different rooms and work spaces."
"Parts were as described but took a week to arrive even though I paid a £*** + vat postage charge"
"I made an order (Ref ***) only to be told after I had completed the process that you don't deliver to N Ireland. Surely it would be a good idea to state this on the opening page and then people don't waste their time going through the whole ordering process. Perhaps a postcode entry link might establish this on the opening page!"
"Company promotes next day delivery yet, does not fufill it at all. But does not even tell you that its not in stock or e-mail you about possible delays. you have to wait for days to realise its not arriving , then chase them up to find out why. Totally could not use this company in a professional capacity as they will let you and therefore your clients down. Screwfix gets it right everytime,and will let you know if any stock problems arise, which is why they are so big and succesful basically."
"Web site showed LED downlights to be 'in stock' but I recieved a phonecall an hour after making an order to inform me that there would be a 4 week delay whilst awaiting a delivery from the manufacterer. I checked the web site again this morning, a week after my attempt to order, and it is still showing the items as being 'in stock'. Poor web site maintenance is mis-informing/mis-leading potential customers."
"Whilst the lights were the correct size to fit (which was good as they had been hard to find online), two of the tubes were broken upon receipt. I appreciate they are delicate, but would have thought the packaging would have been more robust to accommodate this."
Edwardes Bros is rated 4.83 based on 8,869 reviews