Edwardes Bros Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Edwardes Bros

Tell us how Edwardes Bros made you happy

"I ordered 8 LED bulbs and 8 were delivered but only 7 were the same. The eighth was of the same make (Bell) but was of a slightly different construction with a different model number. It gives a different light intensity and pattern which is noticeable as they are in 4 pairs of wall lights in the same room. Edwardes didn't even bother to tell me they had done this. Very disappointed this time as Edwardes had been very good previously."
"All ok apart from I ordered an opal bulb but was delivered a clear one. Yes you did phone to ask if that was ok but I was away on business and only got the message after the bulb was delivered. So now I have paid you for something I didn't want and have to buy what I did want from someone else."
"order process was good but delivery poor when i sent request to deliver to neighbour as i would. be at work. received message item not delivered no one in ? still haven't received item"
"Ordered some light bulbs on the 21st of October and had to email them to ask where they were on Weds 1st November. Got an email saying they would be delivered on the Friday (3rd) but didn't turn up until Weds 8th November, 18 days after ordering. Simply not good enough and no reason given. Won't order from again."
"Ordering was fine, communication was fine, however delivery was a problem. The driver was rude, and wouldn't respond to my request. I actually cancelled my order down to the delivery issue."
"make sure when ordering on line you have the stock"
"I am disappointed with the service in regards to delivery. For one small component delivery is set to be five days by courier whereas it could have been put in a jiffy bag and posted which would take 2-3 days tops.Most electrical suppliers provide 48 hour delivery if not quicker."
"Ordered two bulbs for insectocutor at work - arrived quite poorly packaged and neither of the tubes worked - they both seemed to be "blown" as when shaken lightly they seemed to be making a crackling noise as if broken insude - tried to phone but no customer telephone number on website! Will not be buying again as poor packaging - not sure if they were broken in transit or before?"
"I needed advice as to how many and which LED lights I would need for my kitchen. It was not forthcoming. I would suggest that some technical details of the number and type of lights per area is needed for different rooms and work spaces."
"Parts were as described but took a week to arrive even though I paid a £*** + vat postage charge"
"I made an order (Ref ***) only to be told after I had completed the process that you don't deliver to N Ireland. Surely it would be a good idea to state this on the opening page and then people don't waste their time going through the whole ordering process. Perhaps a postcode entry link might establish this on the opening page!"
"Company promotes next day delivery yet, does not fufill it at all. But does not even tell you that its not in stock or e-mail you about possible delays. you have to wait for days to realise its not arriving , then chase them up to find out why. Totally could not use this company in a professional capacity as they will let you and therefore your clients down. Screwfix gets it right everytime,and will let you know if any stock problems arise, which is why they are so big and succesful basically."
"Web site showed LED downlights to be 'in stock' but I recieved a phonecall an hour after making an order to inform me that there would be a 4 week delay whilst awaiting a delivery from the manufacterer. I checked the web site again this morning, a week after my attempt to order, and it is still showing the items as being 'in stock'. Poor web site maintenance is mis-informing/mis-leading potential customers."
"Whilst the lights were the correct size to fit (which was good as they had been hard to find online), two of the tubes were broken upon receipt. I appreciate they are delicate, but would have thought the packaging would have been more robust to accommodate this."
"First time I placed my order the website would not accept payment. On the second attempt I could not log in to pay as it wanted a password and I had not given one - as a result I had to create another account with a different email address. I still don't have a password so if I place another order it appears I will have to create another email address and account. Appart from this delivery was very quick and they stock a good range of products"
"Ordered 5 bulbs out of 2 tested only 1 is working"
"Surely you can set up your website to reject orders from post codes to which you are not prepared to deliver, rather than accepting AND CONFIRMING orders, only then to advise that you are not prepared to fulfil them?"
"It was delivered quickly but the box was well beaten, giving me concerns the unit might be damaged. It wasn't but on installing it I could see it wasn't the best quality heater and the installation was really not easy. My main issue however was it required 12 bricks and I only received 12 so it will never function correctly now as I had to make use of 2 very old and slightly smaller bricks from the heater I was replacing. Not very happy about this."
"At 07:16 this morning we received an e-mail stating that the goods would not be delivered today, as agreed, but tomorrow instead. It is, therefore, just pure luck someone ws in to receive the delivery. Poor scheduling."
"1st order not a good start !! 10 x 3m lengths of 50mm cable tray "lost" by interlink !!!! Resent 2 days later. 400m of FP200 jay flame fire cable ordered " as on there website " and 400m of very very cheap cable was sent, Drums are made of very thin cardboard so no good to reel out, and the 1.5mm 2 core outer skin is the size of a 4 core FP. Very disappointed."
Edwardes Bros is rated 4.82 based on 8,490 reviews