Edecks Reviews

61% of reviewers recommend Edecks

Tell us how Edecks made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
"Bought 2 of reject deck kits. They seemed really good value however both the joists and decking are simply too flimsy. I have had to put posts absolutely everywhere to try and avoid flexing and have bought more joists locally because they are supplied to fit every 600mm which isn't enough for this ultra thin material. Also I had 2 deliveries because I changed the design and neither driver gave me a call 1 hour before delivery like they say. Communication is generally poor. After buying the extra joists from a local wood yard (they won't sell 3.5 X 1.5 wood as decking joists) I will only use them from now on. Yet another point: I bought some seperate reject decking to use elsewhere and this was really poor quality compared to the reject decking kits material. Some is unusable."
Are you Edecks? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"ok website BAD Customer Care"
"I ordered the 4.2 by 4.2 reject decking kit says it up to manufacturer standards but didn't quite fit the grade due to twists and knots I thought ok! I found website through google thought it looked very good and sounded like they were very helpful as call anytime for advice and stuff the decking kit came with 10 joist and said put between 300mm and 600mm apart well 300mn would only cover half decking and 600mm made decking bouncy in between boards I was not happy tried to ring customer service number and got told it's only email enquiries so emailed them which they were the most unhelpful I have ever encountered and all they kept saying was we have lots of people buying this with no problems I had bits of decking with chunks took out as well which I had to cut down which in the end led to me ordering another £100 worth of joists and decking planks which then took total to £450 errrr don't think I'll be ordering again as not very explanitary and customer service are shocking!!!!!"
"Deck boards were very badly split, only see this when we put the decking down. We had a second delivery which I waited all day for which never came and I had to contact you to find out why!"
"The size came wrong. I left a note with the delivery driver and they never got back to me. Also, it was supposed to be green painted and it came bare wood"
"I am a housewife not a trades person. I looked at various websites and found yours to be reasonable. I ordered reject decking as it was an area we would not use very often. When the Carpenter arrived he sent me this email "all material substandard, I would not supply this quality. The bearers are to thin, the fence panels are cheap and nasty and I do not think I have seen worse, the decking boards although reject are just about fit to make a pallet". I was of course very shocked to hear this as the order was quite substantial (over £600). I await to hear from you. Regards Jane Jasper - Order Ref: 217018"
"Delivery was made a day early and after business hours with no instructions. The cross beams are not the correct size for the posts that were delivered."
"It was clear to me that eDecks did not know their products sufficiently enough to give correct advice. This meant two calls to Onduline who did give sound advice."
"i order a cheap decking but i still expected. a half descent deck. When i picked up a piece of 3.6m at one end it snapped (so totally useless) . plus the deck where badly warped. i wont be buying from e-deck again. the only positive thing i can say is the delivery driver. was very helpful. Big thanks the the delivery firm."
"I've learned that low price isn't everything by ordering with eDecks. The ordering process was easy enough and delivery was confirmed shortly after. The total order was £850-ish. A day before the delivery was due I was called by the delivery department to advise that the driver will not offload the goods and I would have to present to offload. 'Some drivers help with offloading some don't' is what I was told. At no point during the ordering process was it made clear that I would have to offload the materials (560kg) myself. I took the day off and was then called by the driver saying he won't help with offloading- after a lot of discussion they arranged an alternative driver (who was a nice enough chap) to collect the load from the depot and deliver and help with offloading. I was told it would cost me £300+ to cancel the order as it had left their depot. At no point was there an apology about the mess. So, if you have a team of people that can do the offloading then great but if you don't then think twice befor taking the risk of ordering from this 'company'."
"Nobody on phones when firm says it open,couldn't add to my order as it had been dispatched,yet never arrived waited till 8pm then no one at office.Product and price very good."
"I received 3 emails with 3 different delivery dates, when I emailed them to confirm no body bothered to respond I also put on my del notes (as I had no idea when del was to arrive) IF OUT LEAVE IN BACK GARDEN which I thought was a reasonable request But they left on my drive for the whole world to see or potentially steal"
"I have used edecks before and been happy. This time they let me down. I ordered Saturday 14:00, by Sunday 16:00 I realised I had underordered. I sent an electronic request to amend the order (customer services were closed) and then called 09:00 Monday morning. Apparently the order was planned and the lorry full so 9 decking planks could not be added. Also it would be very inconvenient for me to cancel my order and start again. It would add admin! But I could reorder and pay a delivery charge! It's a pity when customer service is less important than running a system even when changes are requested over a Sunday when the staff are not around to consult. I will buy the extras locally from Travis Perkins."
"Driver excellent, The timber quality was poor."
"Had lots of issues with delivery! Don't take their word on fast delivery, it's not fast mine took 8 days, tried to track but won't let you, on website states phone calls at local rate but just seen another review that says it cost them premium rate so will check my bill as had to chase up my order by phone 4 times.! This company definitely need to sort themselves out in all aspects of their service. Wish I'd read reviews more closely as wouldn't have used !!"
"Splitting and coming unstuck with in a few months, poor. Very unhappy"
"Ordered decking materials on 11th August and received an email on 12th August advising that delivery would be on the 15th August. On the 14th August received an email stating 'Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay. Your order has been rescheduled for delivery with an estimated delivery date of 14 August 2015. Thank you for your order'. After checking my emails at 5pm on 14th August I attempted to phone them to clarify, but received an automated message advising that they were closed. I sent them an email (at 5.15 pm 14th August) asking when delivery would be arranged. To date, 7pm 15th August not had a reply. At 5.35pm 14th August I received a call from a driver to advise that he would be delivering in approximately 40 minutes. At this time we were about to leave home for an arranged family function, but waited for the delivery. It arrived at 7.10 pm. Rubbish service from this company. There is no company care."
"Original Service great but… Prior to the purchase of this decking I telephoned to confirm that more of this decking would be available to order at a later date. I was assured that there was so much it would be available 'all summer'. As storage space in my garden is limited I ordered the initial tranche of 15sqm, and now I am attempting to buy the remaining 75sqm. Disappointingly this decking is no longer available. Furthermore they do not seem to have any other smooth faced larch decking as an alternative. Whilst I am pleased for the company and the success of the product, it leaves me in a predicament. As I am finding it difficult to find a match anywhere, it now seems that I have wasted my £175 and will now need to start again with an alternative 'matched product I have telephoned the customer support desk twice, and both times been informed that the person will call me back. This has not happened, so I can only assume that they have no further interest in my plight. So be aware!"
"placed an order 7/7/15 @ 07:15 for 74 deck boards, chose this company as delivery in 4 days, giving me a chance to do the ground work and not having to collect was a bonus, no email recieved by saturday 11th July, so I called, Haulage department says Wed 15th! so then this makes it over 5 working days! they dont see a problem with this, I then spoke with the General Manager (saturday 11/7/15 and he stated he needs to speak with haualge, they told me i need to speak with the general manager!! all they can say they are driving from Yorkshire! and ?? I live in an area where its not a surcharge on their map!! really poor service!! and now got wait for a call back, just goes to show buying cheap is not the way, should have stuck to my previous decking merchant! wont be recommending to anyone. please be wary."
"Rang to check before ordering decking and ground membrane, and was led to believe delivery would be the following week. This worked for me so I placed the order online. I then received an email advising the delivery would be in 2 days when I could not be around. They returned my call after two phone and 1 online messages. I was given the party line and advised I could rearrange if I paid £60! Or they will leave it on the drive in an agreed place and the driver would call before delivery; this is the option I chose. I left for work the following morning to find it already delivered with no call from the driver at all, even though there were cars on the drive! I was advised they had used a different haulage company who had delivered too early to call! Unfortunately the load was now not in the agreed place and on show for potential theft which would have been my responsibility. The standard of the decking I have to say was ok with only a couple of minor issues, although if you are also purchasing fascia boards I would suggest just buying longer decking boards as they exactly the same. The standard of the 'super heavy' membrane however was extremely poor to the extent that I questioned whether I had received the wrong one. Apparently I hadn't! It's not fit for purpose. The basic concept of delivery is round the wrong way. You have to order to then be given a delivery date. You as a customer cannot choose the delivery date unless you pay. The customer should choose a suitable delivery date not Edecks. Overall the decking was acceptable but the customer experience was not. The service is there to suit Edecks first, not the customer unfortunately."
Edecks is rated 3.55 based on 352 reviews