Ecotricity Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Ecotricity

How would you rate Ecotricity ?

"Have just switched to Bulb and so far this has been very simple. Only took a few minutes to make the switch and it will save me £25 per month on my dual fuel bills (compared to the previous provider). Communication has been excellent so far and the fact that all the energy is renewable is a great bonus.use my link and get free 2 min quote and 75 welcome bonus refferal75gbp.tk"
"It is the most expensive company I have ever had contacted ."
"Completely scammed by them. I moved into a property in late November and due to it being a new build they had arranged coverage with the property developers. I phoned them shortly after moving in asking for details of the tariff and a bill. They said they would establish the account and send out the details. Three months later I received an unaddressed letter stating I owed them GBP 250 for three months!! I live in a studio and used the heating minimally. They refused to give me a breakdown of the usage or even explain why they didn't send the details of my sky high tariff they had placed me on sooner. Many people in my building have been scammed like this, they seem to have delayed these bills because they know they will make a lump sum before people switch to more honest, professional and reasonable supplier. They have found a legal scam... avoid like the plague and if you inherit them in any way... switch without even checking."
"Awful customer service. Have switched to another supplier"
Ben Johnson-Owen
Verified Reviewer
"Today I spoke with a outstanding Agent called Emma D. The services to provided was amazing and I couldn't of asked for anything more from her. provided me with the info I requested. This agent is outstanding and for 8.30 in the morning, a joy to speak to. A good Voice for your Company. "Emma ill enjoy the 2 bottle of gin when they arrive""
"I joined Ecotricity after they were number one on Which? but to be honest how they got there is a mystery to me. Someone was meant to be fitting an Economy 7 meter and after no one turned up I rang to chase it up. I was told on 4 separate occasions that I would receive a call back from someone to reschedule my appointment only they never did. Eventually I took it to the complaints team and it was rescheduled for 4 weeks away after some flimsy apology so we were forced to wait even longer. On another separate occasion we received a £500 bill for about 6 months as it had taken them ages to bill us. Not being able to afford this as a lump sum I set up a payment plan only for them to take the whole payment out anyway causing me to be in my overdraft over a bank holiday period where it could not be rectified as the banks were closed and Ecotricity told me the money could not be refunded until the next working day. This meant I had no money for my weekly food shop, my card being declined in a supermarket and me having to beg family for money just so I could stock my cupboards with enough food until I could get it sorted. The way Ecotricity handled this was shocking! They did nothing other than offer apologies, no good will gesture or anything for the inconvenience. They just didn't care. Eventually I went to Dale Vince the CEO and I think it was a lady directly below him who contacted us and offered £50 off our bill. It wasn't much but at least it was something. When I ring their customer service number, they are very professional and friendly, they just aren't very good at customer care. It's all well and good being nice and saying the right things but what good is that when they do nothing when something goes wrong. I have noticed Eco's rating has slipped down in Which - rightfully so. I am now leaving them and joining bulb! On a final note, we were advised we would be getting a smart meter fitted very soon and they would be in touch. That was 6 months ago. Since then, nothing..."
David Starowicki
Verified Reviewer
"The most appalling customer from any company that I have ever dealt with. The person that I spoke to had no idea of current electricity supply regulations and absolutely no knowledge of customer relations. What was once a good company is now declining fast because of poor staff selection and lack of training."
"Dreadful response time to answer the phone. Very poor online customer section with little account information. Recent request for help moving a meter was disorganised and misinformed. Their green credentials are good. On all other fronts, they are awful"
Ecotricity is rated 1.50 based on 8 reviews