Ecotricity Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend Ecotricity

How would you rate Ecotricity?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

5 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Awful customer service. Have switched to another supplier

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Ecotricity in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Awful customer service. Have switched to another supplier"
Ben Johnson-Owen
Verified Reviewer
"Today I spoke with a outstanding Agent called Emma D. The services to provided was amazing and I couldn't of asked for anything more from her. provided me with the info I requested. This agent is outstanding and for 8.30 in the morning, a joy to speak to. A good Voice for your Company. "Emma ill enjoy the 2 bottle of gin when they arrive""
"I joined Ecotricity after they were number one on Which? but to be honest how they got there is a mystery to me. Someone was meant to be fitting an Economy 7 meter and after no one turned up I rang to chase it up. I was told on 4 separate occasions that I would receive a call back from someone to reschedule my appointment only they never did. Eventually I took it to the complaints team and it was rescheduled for 4 weeks away after some flimsy apology so we were forced to wait even longer. On another separate occasion we received a £500 bill for about 6 months as it had taken them ages to bill us. Not being able to afford this as a lump sum I set up a payment plan only for them to take the whole payment out anyway causing me to be in my overdraft over a bank holiday period where it could not be rectified as the banks were closed and Ecotricity told me the money could not be refunded until the next working day. This meant I had no money for my weekly food shop, my card being declined in a supermarket and me having to beg family for money just so I could stock my cupboards with enough food until I could get it sorted. The way Ecotricity handled this was shocking! They did nothing other than offer apologies, no good will gesture or anything for the inconvenience. They just didn't care. Eventually I went to Dale Vince the CEO and I think it was a lady directly below him who contacted us and offered £50 off our bill. It wasn't much but at least it was something. When I ring their customer service number, they are very professional and friendly, they just aren't very good at customer care. It's all well and good being nice and saying the right things but what good is that when they do nothing when something goes wrong. I have noticed Eco's rating has slipped down in Which - rightfully so. I am now leaving them and joining bulb! On a final note, we were advised we would be getting a smart meter fitted very soon and they would be in touch. That was 6 months ago. Since then, nothing..."
David Starowicki
Verified Reviewer
"The most appalling customer from any company that I have ever dealt with. The person that I spoke to had no idea of current electricity supply regulations and absolutely no knowledge of customer relations. What was once a good company is now declining fast because of poor staff selection and lack of training."
"Dreadful response time to answer the phone. Very poor online customer section with little account information. Recent request for help moving a meter was disorganised and misinformed. Their green credentials are good. On all other fronts, they are awful"
Ecotricity is rated 1.80 based on 5 reviews