ecodek Reviews

Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

01978667840

felicity@ecodek.co.uk

13 Abenbury WayWrexham Industrial Estate

How would you rate ecodek?

Lauren
Unverified Reviewer

I was very surprised to read such good reviews, as this is probably the worst customer service I have received for outdoor goods. The project help was far from helpful, the delivery and cost was a total rip off, and what is more the delivery service was half a job. Thank goodness the delivery driver was an amazing guy. If you can find a suitable alternative, I would recommend doing so.
Alan

DIY Domestic installation:
Ecodec staff were helpful and friendly, both online and over the phone, once order was placed material was delivered when agreed. The material itself is easy to work with, looks good in place, and is much less slippy in the wet than the hardwood decking it replaced.
Adrian
Verified Buyer

Good product and easy to work with. Well packed for delivery which arrived on time. Decking screws are very strong so I don't think I'll ever be able to take the boards up again - fingers crossed I won't need to!
Jeff
Verified Buyer

We have previously had a synthetic deck at our beachfront property. Sadly the product deteriorated in less than half the advertised lifespan. We are delighted with the ecodek replacement and with the advice, assistance and service from ecodek.
Barry

Helpful & efficient service
Prompt delivery
Excellent product
Competitive price
Verified Buyer

great customer service, very easy to communicate with about order and delivery. The decking looks good in situ, and looks very durable
Graham
Verified Buyer

Solid and easy to work with - saw, drill etc.
Verified Buyer

The quality of the decking is excellent and we love the overall look of it.
Stef
Verified Buyer

Very solid product. Looks nice installed. Ordering and delivery were painless.
Lee
Verified Buyer

Very disappointed that the colour faded after just a few weeks. Also marks very easily. The bottom of a chair caused a mark that can't be sanded off like it would be able to with wood.
Hi Lee - many thanks for your feedback. There is a degree of fade that occurs with natural weathering - this will be less noticeable in a few months. With regard to the scratch, it could just be the very top of the boards where there is some residual lubricant from the manufacturing process - this too will weather back to the colour of the boards. However, as an interim solution try this: take the flesh of a walnut and draw across the scratch surface (try a small area first, and do not liberally apply to whole sections as this introduces oil to the deck surface). The walnut oil from the nut flesh will soak into the scratch area an even the colour out until the boards weather to the same level.
Verified Buyer

Good product and pleasant staff.
Margaret
Verified Buyer

Good efficient service from ordering to delivery.
Lengths made to exact size, eliminating waste.
Choice of colours to blend with paint on the building.
Fast delivery and a very helpful driver.
Would definitely use again and recommend.
Douglas

did as promised
Christine
Verified Buyer

I love my new ecodeck. I would never have wood decking again after ecodeck. My decking looks good as new all the time and is non slipery in wet weather.
Stephen
Verified Buyer

This system looks great and works well with our garden furniture.
My only criticism is the binding of the screws when you are laying the boards. In spite of using the drill bit provided the friction generated whilst turning the screws, melts the plastic swarf and binds the screws before they are fully seated. This was cured by unscrewing, removing the melted swarf and rescrewing, sometimes twice! Obviously, this increased the fitting time.
Hi Stephen - many thanks for your feedback. I have raised your comments regarding the screws with our Technical Director who provided the following feedback: 'We get very little negative feedback about our screws, the flight design is complex and incorporates a reverse-thread, this is to ensure that any swarf is taken back down and deposited in the interface between the board and the substrate.
It is quite often the case that the support system timbers are made from very fast-grown timber and as such, they can have a low density thus preventing the screw from getting a good purchase in the timber. Consequently the screw is not able to form proper threads and cannot pull itself in sufficiently.
We recommend the use of structural grade timbers, namely C16 or C24 which are specifically graded for structural works. These timbers should also be suitably pressure treated so as to ensure they have a similar expected lifespan to the composite decking.'
I hope this provides some reassurance, although should you have any further query please do contact us at enquiries@ecodek.co.uk
Hilary
Verified Buyer

Very helpful pre-sales. Delivery was very expensive and rather slow. Instructions for construction were very comprehensive and I am delighted with the final result.
Mark
Verified Buyer

The whole experience from the initial order through to delivery was superb.

Added to the quality of the product, I would have no hesitation in recommending Ecodek.
Tom
Verified Buyer

The whole process from start to finish was commendable from the quotation stage to delivery and level of finish on the decking section could not be faulted. It was a simple system to fit especially having the full lengths with no cutting. All instructions come with the decking even down to cleaning requirements. Finally I would like to say that the finished decking surface is very impressive and is always remarked by those who see it for the first time.
Andy
Verified Buyer

Excellent product easy to install and looks great. The weathering (a lightening of shade) occurred within a few weeks and is not a problem but if you put furniture on it it does show the difference hopefully this will become uniform with time.
John
Verified Buyer

I had purchased ecodek several years ago and was surprised how good it still looked years later. I live in Scotland and as you can imagine the weather can be very extreme here. Ecodek did the job for me and when I decided to do another project I had no hesitation on selecting ecodek again. It is a maintenance free quality product with easy to follow instructions and excellent value for money. With very helpfull ecodek staff as a back up you can't go wrong. I would most definitely recommend this excellent product range.

John Graham