ecodek Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend ecodek

01978667840

felicity.hodgkinson@ecodek.co.uk

13 Abenbury WayWrexham Industrial Estate

How would you rate ecodek?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Terrible customer service"
"I was very happy with the speed my request for samples and impressed with the quality of product. The customer service however was lacking, when making enquiries for technical advice regarding fitting and support structures the help was beyond minimal. U tube came to the rescue and we decided to place an order, as I had fallen in love with the quality of the product and the finish and colour was just what I was looking for. The order was placed and paid for and that is when the customer service really hit rock bottom. A vague week long delivery window was issued and I had to repeatedly enquire as to what day the product would be delivered. Finally a day was selected with a 5 hour window so I arranged to be off work and waited and the delivery never arrived. I called to enquire why and waited for a response. The response I got was that the delivery had never been placed on the truck in the morning by the haulage company as there was supposedly no room. To be fair although not a lot of use to me the gentleman in this instance seemed extremely shocked and apologetic and dissatisfied with the haulage company. We arranged for the delivery to be delivered the following day instead, another day booked off work and alas another day waiting in for a delivery that once again never arrived. As it was now a Saturday I did not even have an office to call as it was closed as out of hours. I waited until the Monday to call and express my dissatisfaction at this poor service which had already lost me 2 days wages. I was fobbed off and had to repeatedly phone to try and ascertain why my fully paid for product had still not been delivered. At this point I decided that the best option was to request a refund and cancel my order. This process I once again had to chase with several phone calls and then eventually received an email to say it had been done. At no point was there an apology for this truly dispicable service that cost me valuable time and money, I wish I could have continued with the order as I loved the product so much, but I had lost total faith in the company with their disorganisation and apathy in fulfilling my order. Due to my experience I will certainly not be recommending this company to friends and family the product is great, the customer service and delivery service however are truly appalling."
First of all let us apologise for your poor experience of dealing with Ecodek.
It is not the experience that we want our customers to go through, and not what normally occurs.

To break down your points:

You have been extremely let down by our network hauliers, who have been made fully aware of this situation.
Unfortunately this is the most economic method of getting our goods to customers due to the nature of the product.
But very occasionally issues like this do occur and we try our best to rectify any problems that occur.

All of our technical data is on the website, and we do have technical assistance available during office hours.

The transport manager, and our sales advisor have apologised for this issue during phone calls, and I also understand that
A full refund was sorted out on the same day that you decided to ask for it.

We pride ourselves on both our product and customer service, and again can only apologise for your experience with Ecodek.

Kind regards

Steve Heard
General Manager - Ecodek
"Nothing too much trouble for them. Everything on time and product exceeded all promises and expectations."
"Excellent product, great customer service, quick delivery"
"Whilst a great product, the couriers used to deliver the product are woeful. Phone call 1/2 hr before delivery - Not received. Showed up and would not deliver to rear of property to make it easy to offload. Refused to help unload and expect a 59 year old woman to do it. The product stored on top of a wagon full of beer bottles. Refused to remove pallet after unloading. A disgraceful display of Customer focus!"
Good morning Mr Connell
Many thanks to taking to time to post a review, and we are glad you are happy with the ecodek product.
As you are aware, we do not have our own hauliers and use external pallet networks who transport goods for many different companies all over Britain. This was the case with your delivery yesterday. We have escalated the service received with the pallet network Customer Service department and will respond by email when we have further information.
"I was very surprised to read such good reviews, as this is probably the worst customer service I have received for outdoor goods. The project help was far from helpful, the delivery and cost was a total rip off, and what is more the delivery service was half a job. Thank goodness the delivery driver was an amazing guy. If you can find a suitable alternative, I would recommend doing so."
"DIY Domestic installation: Ecodec staff were helpful and friendly, both online and over the phone, once order was placed material was delivered when agreed. The material itself is easy to work with, looks good in place, and is much less slippy in the wet than the hardwood decking it replaced."
"Good product and easy to work with. Well packed for delivery which arrived on time. Decking screws are very strong so I don't think I'll ever be able to take the boards up again - fingers crossed I won't need to!"
"We have previously had a synthetic deck at our beachfront property. Sadly the product deteriorated in less than half the advertised lifespan. We are delighted with the ecodek replacement and with the advice, assistance and service from ecodek."
"Helpful & efficient service Prompt delivery Excellent product Competitive price"
"great customer service, very easy to communicate with about order and delivery. The decking looks good in situ, and looks very durable"
"Solid and easy to work with - saw, drill etc."
"The quality of the decking is excellent and we love the overall look of it."
"Very solid product. Looks nice installed. Ordering and delivery were painless."
"Very disappointed that the colour faded after just a few weeks. Also marks very easily. The bottom of a chair caused a mark that can't be sanded off like it would be able to with wood."
Hi Lee - many thanks for your feedback. There is a degree of fade that occurs with natural weathering - this will be less noticeable in a few months. With regard to the scratch, it could just be the very top of the boards where there is some residual lubricant from the manufacturing process - this too will weather back to the colour of the boards. However, as an interim solution try this: take the flesh of a walnut and draw across the scratch surface (try a small area first, and do not liberally apply to whole sections as this introduces oil to the deck surface). The walnut oil from the nut flesh will soak into the scratch area an even the colour out until the boards weather to the same level.
"Good product and pleasant staff."
"Good efficient service from ordering to delivery. Lengths made to exact size, eliminating waste. Choice of colours to blend with paint on the building. Fast delivery and a very helpful driver. Would definitely use again and recommend."
"did as promised"
"I love my new ecodeck. I would never have wood decking again after ecodeck. My decking looks good as new all the time and is non slipery in wet weather."
"This system looks great and works well with our garden furniture. My only criticism is the binding of the screws when you are laying the boards. In spite of using the drill bit provided the friction generated whilst turning the screws, melts the plastic swarf and binds the screws before they are fully seated. This was cured by unscrewing, removing the melted swarf and rescrewing, sometimes twice! Obviously, this increased the fitting time."
Hi Stephen - many thanks for your feedback. I have raised your comments regarding the screws with our Technical Director who provided the following feedback: 'We get very little negative feedback about our screws, the flight design is complex and incorporates a reverse-thread, this is to ensure that any swarf is taken back down and deposited in the interface between the board and the substrate.
It is quite often the case that the support system timbers are made from very fast-grown timber and as such, they can have a low density thus preventing the screw from getting a good purchase in the timber. Consequently the screw is not able to form proper threads and cannot pull itself in sufficiently.
We recommend the use of structural grade timbers, namely C16 or C24 which are specifically graded for structural works. These timbers should also be suitably pressure treated so as to ensure they have a similar expected lifespan to the composite decking.'
I hope this provides some reassurance, although should you have any further query please do contact us at enquiries@ecodek.co.uk
ecodek is rated 4.54 based on 63 reviews