Ebay Reviews

Ebay have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process. Full Insights

89% of reviewers recommend Ebay
1 New Reviews Written
8PM
8PM

How would you rate Ebay ?

"what a ripofff, ebay are scum - then they hold your money for no reason. who knows what they do with it."
Posted 52 minutes ago
"Shutting down accounts and delisting items without warning and without a proper explanation."
"WHY YOU SHOULD NOT SELL ON EBAY List of events: 1) Sell laptop to buyer (working perfectly and thoroughly checked) 2) Provided faster postage to buyer (at a cost to me) 3) Seller requests item not as described within 24hrs 4) Despite my listing having no returns - eBay insists on ME PAYING FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE .....despite extra postage I provided not being refunded to me by the buyer !!!???### 5) I ask for proof of the problem from the buyer. No proof is forthcoming...... 6) Despite the case not being resolved, EBay side with buyer ! 7) Buyer keeps laptop AND gets refunded the money ! Outcome 1 = scammed Outcome 2 = not fair / bordering on illegal actions by eBay Conclusion = eBay don't care about sellers and always side with the buyer Summary = you have been warned!"
"Evil company. Disgusting the way they treat people. Never will I use the site again. Family wreckers. Shut my account down and resulted in my business shutting down."
"Had very bad experience for seller....Seller are allowed nothing to do against buyer..lol..is like joke not a good place to do fair business,so losing money from scam buyers.. Had very bad experience, they take all fee from sellers and not willing to support. Ask seller to provide extra service or they give space for fraud or for buying feedback from buyers and then issuing full refund to buyer without any proof Business watch need to look ebay business policies for seller and what support are they giving to seller is nothing. 7 out of 10 on ebay staff are not willing to resolve a query or says it does not violate their policy without giving any policy Reference no or any justification, so most of staff makes decision on personal basis. If one query is not solved by one staff, if you speak to someone else after some time that query will be solved"
"Ebay should be called scam central, money taken no goods and no recourse. So called buyer protection is rubbish."
"I understand i have to pay 35p for each item i list but i object to paying again every time i relist. Relistings should be free! Also the fee you charge on postage that the buyer pays is nothing short of theft....i charge what it actually costs to post a buyers item and thats what the buyer believes this cost is for and strongly object to ebay taking a percentage of this"
"Worst place to sell many scammers will rip you off and ebay will take their side No protection for sellers at all I lost number of payments with out having my items back all the return process is just faulty"
"Seller did not pay enough postage so I had to cover the cost. I called ebay who initially advised me to open a case and that the seller was liable for the fees. I had to wait 8 days before ebay would step in, however when they did step in, they completely ignored everything I wrote in the case. After sending them emails, the operators (Ashwini F. and Abha S.) did not seem to understand English and were no help whatsoever."
"good quality and service"
"The buyer protection is a joke... Very rarely are atypical cases, when no one can be responsible for the loss, then eBay should pay...that's why we are charged with huge fees- for insurance, but... it does not seem to work that way."
"Ordered and paid for via. their Ebay site....shown as 'available.\r\n\r\nCouple of hours later got message from Ebay saying that order had been cancelled by Frank Howard 'at the buyer's request'.....NOT TRUE !!\r\nTried to follow up (still on their normal Website (at a higher price) but got conflicting information......gave up..............very poor service !"
"worst company scammer and fraud people no respect for seller i feel shame my self doing business with ebay all mostly buyer fraud item buying and claiming item did not received totally scammer any body can buy and claimed item did not received ebay have not any control customer service member from dublin all uneducated and unprofessional and very rude totally shame on their self should kick them out from job i wish this ebay should shut down biggest fraud and scammer company i have ever seen in my life please stay away"
"Have had my first experience with Ebay Customer Service today; I've been using ebay to buy and sell for over 10 years now. But last week, when placing a order that contained multiple itemes, in different quantities , ebay have locked my account on account that the computer I was using was not recocnized by them; I've called Customer Suport , unlocked it, placed the order; A few days after I've found my order to be doubled ( Every item, in the same quantities, from the same vendors ; just as if you would hit the pay button, but instead of your itemes be taken from your shoping basket and the transaction to be confirmed, nothing happens, so you hit the Buy button again, but now the system registers both Buy button actions so it doubles you order). Anyway, after talking to a poor english Rep , I get a Manager ( wow , this is good, surely they should understand my problem ) ; NOPE... the Manager gave me 2 options: Try to get in touch with the selller and ask them to cancel your order, arrange for returns and wait for reffund , or sell the extrta itemes yourself ( we will get the sell fees double , not too bad for us !! ) ; They simply refused to accept any responsiblity ( a double order has never happened on Ebay , so it is not possible , she said ! ) My advice : Stay away from ebay, plenty of other options out there with less fees for seller anyway : Wish, Facebook market, OLX,"
"The site design is absolutely awful, from another century, hard to navigate, etc The delivery time, if you order directly from China is bad, but prices are good and the products which I bought are per description."
"Absolutely disgusting. Sellers haven’t got a leg to stand on even when they’re in the right. Sold an item with an accurate description but because the buyer decided she didn’t like the item, I had to pay for return postage, even though in their policies it states when an item is incorrectly described the seller has to pay for return postage. I told the seller to just keep the item as I’d rather not pay an extra £3 for an item I wouldn’t not even receive back anyway because my old address from 2 years ago were on it, even though I changed it on my eBay account when I moved! But she sent the item back anyway, so I’m out of pocket with my item, my money and postage just because the buyer decided it wasn’t her style. When seeking help from eBay I was told to just ‘go out and collect it’ from an eBay ‘advisor’ without any concern that this may not actually be even possible? Disgusting and inconciderate. All they seem to say is ‘apologies this much be a discouraging experience’ so patronising and they couldn’t give a flying pig. I’ve been an eBay member daily for over 7 years and never have I been treated the way I have been treated by a company before. I will be sending a complaint for what it’s worth and will be deleting my account. AVOID. THERE ARE MUCH BETTER SELLING SITES OUT THERE WITH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE"
"Called up eBay regarding unauthorised access to my account and was transferred to a really nice man who was able to fix the issue almost straight away. Absolutely amazing and friendly customer service, quick and easy to sort out issues."
"Great customer service.... best deals.... you feel protected when making a purchase via E Bay"
"i got cheap or affordable items and with excellent delivery."
"They were awesome"
Ebay is rated 4.47 based on 2,059 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!