Drones for less Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Drones for less
05AM
5AM

Tell us how Drones for less made you happy

"UK buyers beware! Although the site url and physical address mislead you into thinking you are dealing with a UK company they are in fact based in New Jersey, USA. My company recently purchased a DJI Mavic Pro Fly Combo bundle and it is the worse possible thing we could have done. 1. Fault After receiving our order and going through the set up (as per manufacturers instructions) we took the drone out for it’s first flight. 18 seconds after a successful take off, the drone reached 12m and a propeller (one of the two pre-installed ones) flew off and the drone plummeted to the ground smashing the arm with the now missing prop and the camera became dislodged from it’s housing. 2. Warranty As we were unable to contact dronesforless.co.uk as the distributor, we contacted DJI direct to try and sort out a replacement due to the above fault. This is when we were made aware that the drone we have purchased from a UK registered site isn't actually a product from the UK and therefore cannot be returned in the UK. 3. DJI Refresh This is when we also discovered that we are unable to purchase the Refresh cover (something we intended to do within the first 48hrs after activation) because of the product not being made for the UK market. This has highlighted a major issue for our company’s insurance policies. 4. Refurbished However, the biggest issue we had with this company is that we didn't receive the product we purchased. It clearly states on the manufacturers sticker (hidden underneath the dronesforless sticker) that the product we have received is a refurbished unit and not the brand new piece of equipment that we ordered. Multiple emails and phone calls (recorded on our systems) and they agreed to refund our money. We shipped the mis-sold drone back to the US and we are still waiting for our refund. This saga has now been ongoing for over a month and we had to buy a 'new' drone from an actual UK company. I would urge anyone to avoid this company like the plague."
Are you Drones for less? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Drones for less receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"You can never get through to the customer services, there was an issue with my order which they didn’t get in touch with me about, I had to try and contact them when I never received it. The folks at the call centre kept telling me they would call me back but never did, was so fed up I had to just cancel the order. Do not use!"
"Not a U.K company based in New Jersey USA never return calls never answer emails. Total fraud avoid like the plague. Thankfully getting a PayPal refund 2 months later. AVOID TOTAL RUBBISH !!!!!!"
"everything was wrong - from order to delivery - placed a order 3 weeks ago with a promised delivery from 6-10 working days. call them up to be hung up on several times, upon finally getting through i was re-assured my parcel would be delivered in 2 days and it was on its way. 4 days later i rang again to be told my parcel has been shipped and received, when asked for a tracking number they simply hung up. Several emails sent - no response, only to ring them and find out they haven't even processed the order because the item is no longer in stock. Absolute shamble of a company nothing truthful about them not even the items for sale on the site."
"THIS COMPANY IS FROM THE US AND NOT THE UK. They go out of their way to pass themselves off as British but your warranty is next to useless unless you are happy to ship your drone to the US for any warranty claims at considerable expense and time. I ordered a drone for £1664 then realised only hours later that it would be a gray import so cancelled my order and asked for a refund. They shipped the unit the day after i cancelled then emailed me to say i couldn't cancel by email and would need to phone and by the way you can't cancel because we've already shipped it. ( On a Sunday supposedly). When the drone arrived around 8 days later I refused delivery and it was returned. A month passed and i was getting no refund so issued a case with Paypal who eventually found in my favour and returned my money. I cannot say if the unit they sent was correct as many others have complained about but I feel that this company is bordering on deception the way they pedal their company as British. They also deleted messages from their facebook page when I questioned them about my refund. As they have for many other people. ORDER AT YOUR PERIL - If the drone is ok and you never have a problem they may be fine, but if you do have a problem the couple of hundred you save will be swallowed up in postage to get it sorted."
"Lousy service! false advertising!"
"This US company offers good value until something goes wrong. When I ordered a Sony camcorder I was pressurised into buying a large capacity battery "at a special price". This battery was OK for the first 4 months and about 10 videos but then collapsed totally and now gives less capacity than the standard battery. I've phoned the support line (several times before I got a real person) and was told that the manager would call me back. I've now been waiting for a week and still no call. I'm not expecting one!"
"USA Based company and not in UK at all !!!! Take payment then give tracking number, but never post the product. Absolute wast of time and effort."
Drones for less is rated 1.13 based on 8 reviews