Dreams Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Dreams
Own Driver, Courier

How would you rate Dreams ?

"I placed my order for 3 bedside tables and a sofa bed on August 1st. I have a guest staying with me so need the sofa bed asap. The earliest delivery date was shown as August 17th. 17 days for the delivery was later than I had hoped for but I selected it and ordered anyway. On August 7th I receive a confirmation email. This email incorrectly states August 7th as my order day (why did it take 7 days for the confirmation to go through?) and lists the delivery date as August 29th. An extra 12 days delay is unacceptable. I checked my online account and it still lists by delivery date as August 17th. I contacted the customer service team online and spoke to Katy. She informed me that those sofa beds are made to order (not mentioned on the website when I was ordering) and that the earliest delivery date is the 29th, despite my online order stating otherwise. I explained that I may need to source a sofa bed else where and requested that the bedside tables be despatched and delivered on the 17th, as arranged and that I would get back to them about the sofa. Katy refused. In fact she was generally very unhelpful and did absolutely nothing to try to rectify the situation. I therefore emailed the customer service department explaining the situation and requested that a manager deal with and split my order. Max Fox split the order and said the tables would arrive on August 17th, as planned, but that the sofa would now be delayed even more and he wouldn't be able to confirm a delivery date until AFTER the 17th. So his solution to a delayed order was to delay it even more. Terrible company. Incompetent staff. Wont be using them again."
"We went to our Torquay store to buy a single mattress, they had some reduced mattresses which we were happy to buy one off, we went and found a member of staff who was a young man who was pleasant enough, we went to the billing area where two older men were sitting at the desk, these two men were the rudest they could be, they gave us the impression that they wanted no interaction with us at all, we I tried to make light of the situation buy making a joke about if I buy one reduced mattress do I get one free they blanked us completely, the young lad was waiting to get on a computer he even had to ask one of them to get a plastic cover for it. When the block was coming back with it they kept saying that we could use the lift as it might be easier than the stair when carrying the mattress down from the first floor. I then said are you forgetting we are the customer and that I was not employed by them and that it was their job, the young lad evenly helped my partner to get the mattress in the bag and carry it to our car. When returning to the shop he apologised and said that they are not allowed to pack or move items in case they get hurt and sue the company. Well what if the customer gets hurt and sues the company. I had never heard anything so rediculous, no wonder people are shopping on line and shops are going out of business. And for the other two members of staff they need to go on a customer service course or find another profession where they do not come into contact with the public. I wanted to ask about a king size bed that I had seen but thought best not will look else where."
"Bed delivery delayed 3 weeks (I had to wait 7 weeks in total!) because the shop staff and ordering department didn’t even order my mattress!! Customer service solution was to just go and select another mattress!! When delivery arrived, the wrong mattress was actually brought so I had to wait for the driver to go back to depot to collect mine. Will never go back or recommend."
"we went to one of Belfast shop, placed the order and had to wait for a simple bed base 3 weeks. Finally, we got goods news, but we had to wait for another week for the bed to delivered (they do not do next day delivery any more?). Agreed Wednesday was so long - I stayed at home until 7 pm waiting for a driver (he doesn't know what time he will be at your address). never ever back."
"I would advise anyone to think very carefully before they buy anything from Dreams. I ordered a mattress from Dreams for £1800 - almost the most expensive one in the shop. However, the wrong one was actually entered into the order system and delivered. We didn't realise this until delivery day when the mattress was taken out of its packaging and we saw that it had a topper. We specifically did not want a mattress with a topper. The delivery men said it was worthless because the packaging had been opened and the store insisted that because the one that had been delivered matched with the order (although was not what we asked for or wanted!) they would not just take it away, we had to use the 30 day 'Comfort Guarantee' - which meant that we had to store it for 30 days while continuing to sleep on our old mattress. We chose a replacement mattress and paid even more money to have it delivered, but when the delivery men turned up (now 3 and a half months since the original order) they spotted a tiny mark on the mattress and refused to take it away. Everyone I spoke to at the company throughout this saga had a 'not my problem' attitude. The customer support representative I have contacted since claimed that we wanted a mattress with a topper and she knows this because the store staff remember our conversations since April and know more about what we want than we do. AVOID!!!!!!"
"Very very bad service. Horrible company They listed a bed frame with 20% off but the discount did not show up in the checkout. I called customer service they replied they can refund me the money if I call them back Monday. When I contacted customer service again for the refund they informed the discount is applicable only if I buy the mattress . That was not neither satated in the website or the customer service person inform me earlier. I requested them to listen to my call and I sent a screenshot of the website listed with the discount. But they strongly denied both. I was disappointed and asked them to cancel my order. Hassan Shahid said he has canceled and can offer a full refund. After a few mins, I became worried that the cancellation will affect my credit rating, therefore, emailed Hassan to revoke the cancellation and called customer service to keep the order. Hassan said he has canceled the order and has informed Barclays about it, however, the customer service lady who answered my call said nothing has been touched in the order and no notes recorded and the order will be delivered the next day. After this call, Hassan is replying to me saying he has revoked the cancellation and it will be delivered. So, in fact, the first time when he said it was canceled and a full refund will be offered is a total lie. How can you rely on a company which has a bunch of liars? I am very very disappointed. When I say I am upset and I cant offer is good feedback he replied that is entirely up to me. PLEASE DONT RUSH TO BUY WHEN THEY LIST THERE IS A SALES .... EVERYTHING TOTAL EYE WASH ... THE SAME BED HAS BEEN IN MARKET FOR 547, 20 days ago but I have bought it for 647 thinking I ham getting a bargain.. when in fact I have been cheated"
"I was in the Clydebank store in Glasgow. When you go into these type of shops, it can be quite frustrating when you want to have a look around but are hounded by sales assistants trying to get you to buy something especially when you don't know what you want in the first place. My Husband and I wanted a new bed? Where do you start? I went in to Dreams after visiting a few other bed companies, and as soon as we arrived it happened - a sales assistant! How wrong was I, the woman that introduced herself Lesley was so pleasant, she just welcomed me to the store and briefly explained the set up around the store. She made us both a coffee while we looked about. Beds are quite confusing and we had no idea where to start. Lesley confidently took the lead, she found out quickly what type of mattress we needed by encouraging us to lie down and try. Explained what is good and what is better. After an hour or so we settled, we were happy to spend the amount we did because we are sure we have paid good money for quality. *Free Pillow yeah Thank you Lesley, we will be back for the kids beds soon. Anne & John"
"Brilliant customer service. Kept us informed all the way. Gave a 2 hour window slot for delivery and even telephoned on the morning of delivery to confirm the time. Friendly guys put our beds together. Old beds taken away aswell. Well done Dreams. Very satisfied customer. Much better than another well known bed firm who do not take old beds away."
"dreams beds - thinking of buying a mattress?? their peace of mind offering (comfort exchange) means you can change your mattress if it isnt suitable - you pay £50. BUT (the bit they dont tell you) if you go for a more expensive mattress you pay the difference (ok) if you go for a cheaper one....wait for it.....they pocket the money!!!!!!"
"Bought a medium mattress(it was nearly £1100 so not cheap )but when delivered felt like a rock Was told had to sleep on it for 14-30 days before the mattress had worn in Could not sleep on it for another 30 min let alone 30 days Very helpful staff before they took our money but awful afterwards Would never use again"
"I was advised to buy a Tempur mattress as I have back problems. The sales person- Marwan assured and reassured that if I’m not happy with i can get a refund within 100 days ( showed me this on the Tempur website) . However, after the 1st night when I woke up in excruciating pain, I called Dreams and I asked for an exchange. They said that I would loose the difference to £1600 that paid for the Tempur mattress. I was in shock. They only care about money and not about customers. A rip-off!!! I’m taking this further. Dreams is a big disappointment"
"I had a fitted bedroom put in and it was supposed to fit a super king bed so I ordered one from dreams without measuring myself. Needless to say it didn’t fit the customer service were very unhelpful the was taken back but ideally all I wanted was a smaller size but she was so disinterested & unhelpful I just paid the £38 recollection fee and will be going else where."
"Our bed broke They sent a so called engineer out who spent 5 minutes to check We have 10 year warranty They said due to too much downward force it broke All my son does is sleep on it I asked them to elaborate on there findings to which I received no answer Never buy a bed from them They are crooks There after sales care is non existent Badly designed goods"
"Well this is dreams outcome of our mattress tests.. please note the dates on the pictures..our first test that was done measured that the bed had sunk 30mm and bed was deemed not faulty,, weeks later bed got worse so had another inspection done... this time the measurement of the bed had only sunk 10mm mmm miraculously this bed has has risen in size... plus all the information on the test was wrong... saying the mattress was 13 months old but was only 7 .... the string test to test your beds do not work and the card always protects the retailer (DREAMS) (UK'S LEADING BED SPECIALISTS ) what a joke .. see pictures attached people must be aware this company has terrible products they stole my £1032"
"NOT a happy customer When my wife went in to your store to pay a balance on an ordered item. My wife went to pay cash ( which was saved for this item) Your member of staff ask could she pay on a card as they do not like going to the bank. My wife was shocked and said she would like to pay the cash, but was made to feel wrong by paying in cash so ended up using her card. Making us short in the bank for bills being taken over the next few days. I think this is so wrong you dictating to your customers how they pay for goods. If you do not want cash or want to dictate the way your customers pay Then please place this on your site or shop door. This will be the last time my family uses your stores/website and I will pass this around to anyone I know. AS SAID NOT HAPPY"
"Really happy with everything, customer service & delivery. I was worried they wouldn't find my house on the day of delivery but I was sent the drivers name & mobile number & he rang to know exactly where I lived. The bed itself is lovely so I would highly recommend buying from Dreams...."
"We never bought anything from Dreams. We went to get a bed for my 81 year old Mother who suffers from arthritis and Rheumatism as well as other health issues. The saleswoman came over and seemed helpful. We told her what we were after and that no mattress could contain memory foam. The lady said to try out the different mattresses at the side of the store to see how they felt and she would come back and not pressure us. She went away for about 1 minute if that then stayed with us all the time, the trouble is that she didn't take into consideration my Mother's age or health issues. She had her walking stick, but the sales person had her back and forward across the sales floor that many times that she didn't know if she was coming or going. Every time she liked a mattress she was taken back to the "purple" mattress she liked first at the side of the store. For a fit younger person, not a problem, but for my mother, she felt like she had run a marathon in the 30 minutes or so we were in the store. She didn't know if she was coming or going. Sales people need to think about the elderly and their limitations, not just push and push to sell (I can only assume they are on commission). Then to top it all, the 2 mattresses that my Mother liked the best, another sales woman told her they contained memory foam! Out the door we went with a loss of a £2k sale. After a cup of coffee and a bite to eat, Sleepright at Carpetright were much better and the bed was purchased without any pressure at all. This was Team Valley, Gateshead 3/2/18."
"I purchased 3 beds from Dreams, including 3 kendall mattresses & Divan, spending almost £2000 and after only 1 week, the mattresses developed a fault, I am only 8 stones, and not heavy at all, and my body sinks into the mattress, this was only after 1 week from delivery 23/12/17 to 30/12/17. I spoke to customer services about replacement or refund, as they do not have a large selection of beds either in my price range or in pocket spring for small double beds. I was very unhappy with the customer service aftercare help, for starters, I was told that I needed to sleep on the faulty bed for at least 30 days, (this is ridiculous), my previous old mattress was more comfortable, and I cannot get a refund for the faulty beds because I didn't purchase them online, apparently refunds are for online purchases only. If I return the beds under the 'comfort guarantee' I have to pay a further £38 per bed to return the mattresses, a total of £114, AND I can only exchange once, Mark who served me in the Kempston store did not mention this little detail. Also, I was not happy about the fact that I cannot request a refund, even though its only a week, and the beds are already faulty, the mattress smells, the Kendall mattress arrive with a manufacturing odour, I was told it was disappear after a few hours, this is not true and after a week the odour is still there, its giving me headaches. I asked for the beds to be returned, this was refused, apparently I have to wait for someone to inspect the beds for a fault first, (as if I would lie about it) I am very angry and expected a far better service from Dreams, however, I am extremely disappointed and very angry, customer services don't even have a complaint procedure and no managers to make a complaint to, this is unsatisfactory coming from a large company. I am not impressed at all, and if I had known about all the small little terms and conditions regarding their 40 night comfort guarantee, I would not have purchased the beds at all, and I did not know you could not return the beds, Mark the salesman did not mentioned any of this to me in the store. The beds are very expensive and you expect very good quality with no faults or bad smells to put up with either, I am finding the smell very unpleasant, its making my health problems worse. I need the mattresses replaced asap but I cannot do this as there are too many red tapes preventing me from either getting a refund or a replacement with a mattress I feel happy with. At the moment I am out of pocket by £2000, with mattresses I am not happy with and which are overpriced, bad quality, bad customer services also, the sales rep are happy to serve you, but the after care service is very bad. I want my money back and I want Dreams to apologise for basically a very bad after care customer services, and I want a full refund. I planned on purchasing bedroom wardrobes and furniture, however, I will no longer be purchasing anything from Dreams because of their bad aftercare service, I am now having to put up a fight to get the mattresses replaced without extra charges. I feel cheated! Since my review I had no other option but to purchase 3 mattresses from another retailer because Dreams could not offer a suitable alternative for my needs, the delays are making my stress level worse, and I feel they don't care, the only time they do care is when money is involved, otherwise the service is terrible, I feel used and cheated, they do not care how I feel, they don't care if I am suffering because of their faulty mattresses, giving me headaches due to smelly Kendall mattresses, they don't care how I'm affected by their bad customer service, they have not offered a refund either, I had to make a claim through my bank for a refund for receiving faulty goods! I am extremely angry with Dreams, I had to purchase beds from another retailer because I can no longer sleep on faulty smelly Dreams beds. I am very disappointed, Dreams are a big scam!"
"Great price in a sale on a firm king size mattress with free delivery. Was able to choose the day which the mattress was to be delivered."
"I bought a TV bed 2 years ago. I also bought 10 years warranty with it. The bed frame and mattress is fine but the TV system broke 3 months ago. And I am still trying to get an answer from Dreams about when is it getting fixed. The engineer cam to to my house checked the system and told me that they will have to order the part. One month past and no further communication from them. I had to call on numerous occasions and finally they said the part was here and booked an appointment. On the day the engineer came without part ran the same diagnostics again and told me the same thing that I already knew. I have tried calling dreams, the company they use to insurance and the actually company that does the work. Every time I call them only answer I get is they know that I have escalated the case and they will get back to me by end of day with some details and nobody calls. I would have given 0 stars if possible."
Dreams is rated 2.86 based on 35 reviews