Dreams Reviews

9AM

contracts@dreams.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Dreams ?

"Extremely poor delivery service Ridiculous delivery system. I was promised that my bed will arrive in 6 weeks (which is already very long delivery time for beds!). Now being told that it will take 10 weeks! Apparently it was always meant to be 10 weeks, so the store salesman just lied to our faces. Absolute joke!"
"We paid almost £2,900 for a Nature's Finest 4500 SK Super King Size bed expecting the best nights' sleep ever. The delivery guys dropped the mattress in an oily puddle. The plastic cover was ripped so the mattress was stained with oil. Their surreptitious attempt to clean the mattress failed and they had to confess. The second mattress was delivered after 4 weeks. Four months later we were both waking up in pain. We got the mattress inspected to be told that the top mattress had collapsed. We were assured it was a one off manufacturing fault and Dreams replaced this mattress with another Nature's Finest 4500 SK. The third mattress lasted 6 months before we could take no more pain filled mornings. This mattress has been condemned too. It is like sleeping on concrete. Dreams have agreed to let us replace it with a different manufacturer's mattress and will allow us to choose one that is up to £200 more. Wow! That does not even cover the Osteopath's bill. We are not impressed."
"*****DO NOT USE DREAMS!!!***** I have not experienced such bad customer services from a company this bad in many many years. I purchased a mattress from Dreams on 11th August 2018. It turned out to be significantly faulty. I called the store to report this, but they told me that they did not deal with complaints and that i had to call the nationally customer services line. I called this number to report the fault - Dreams will NOT deal with complaints of faulty products until they have sent someone out to verify that you are telling the truth! When I asked what time this would be, they informed me that it would be at the end of the following week!!! Despite me pointing out how unacceptable this was, and in total breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, they would not budge. When the Friday of the following week came, a gentleman arrived and full credit to him, he was on time, and assessed the mattress quickly, concluding that the fault was clear and obvious, and that we needed a replacement one. He informed me that he would send his report to Dreams and that they would be in touch to arrange a replacement. Well they didn't! I gave them the benefit of the doubt and gave them the Monday of the following week in case he hadn't sent his report until late on the Friday, but they still did not call me. I had to call them on the Tuesday! The person I spoke to had to search for his report on their system indicating that nobody was going to call me from Dreams at all, until I eventually chased them up! He saw that we needed a replacement, but then said that the earliest they would deliver one to me was another 14 days!! I can't express how gobsmacked I was at this point at the utter incompetence and awful service they were offering. This was arranged with the person to be delivered between 07:00 - 07:30 so that it arrived before I left for work. He explained that this was a special request as they normally only provide slots of AM or PM (which is another ridiculous service that Dreams and some other companies still offer which is very outdated and poor). I today have received a text message to say that my delivery tomorrow will arrive between 09:00-10:00. I have called back to clarify that I had actually had an arrangement for it to be delivered between 0700-0730 as that is when I am in the house before leaving for work and after the start of Dreams' available delivery times of 0700, to be told that there was no record of this arrangement and that it would not be met. I now have to wait for another 2 weeks for it to be delivered as I won't be in tomorrow between 0900-1000. I have had this faulty mattress since 11th August (now 18th September) and appears that it will be another 2 weeks before a replacement will be sent. Dreams are operating in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, have atrocious customer services and have offered NOTHING to compensate. I totally regret using Dreams and would very highly recommend you not to use them!"
"Bad customer service and dishonest. I bought a mattress on september 8th and i am still waiting to get it deliveted. After they set a delivery date they randomly changed it to the next day, after i complained to them it happened once again because of an error in their website and no matter how many time i contacted no one helped and they kept saying the delivery date I picked (the initial date they confirmed over and over by email and texts) wasn't available but when i checked the same item i ordered online that delivery date was still available to new buyers."
"Bought two beds and two mattresses from Dreams just under three years ago, now the springs are coming through one of the mattresses. Contacted Customer Services to be told to have an independent review, which would cost me £50, then if it was due to faulty workmanship they would replace the mattress but would deduct £150 for usage. What a waste of space. In my opinion, poor product and even worse customer service. Wouldn't use or recommend Dreams again."
"We ordered a mattress from dreams and it smelled damp and musty, after sending round an “independent” inspector who could not smell anything (after family, friends and a police officer who could) Dreams refused to give us a refund, we could however take a reduced priced item such as a put you up bed BUT they would keep the difference. Dreams reduced me to tears out of sheer frustration. We are now stuck with an inferior product which has caused back and shoulder issues for both my partner and myself. DO NOT give dreams your hard earned cash."
"After reading the reviews decided to buy a mattress from Dreams. Unfortunately the Charlton Store is in a class of their own took over an hour to arrange finance. However that was the best of it returned 3 items and exchanged 1 3 days later after wasted 40 minutes as they couldn’t refund £62. 3 months later and still waiting heard every excuse under in the book, store can’t process refunds, head office will not do it, can’t get hold of a super user, don’t know how to edit paperwork, can’t use a computer (literally that was after another exciting visit watching a idiot prat about for 20 minutes) etc. Last I heard was customer services was going to escalate this to the divisional manager if she couldn’t sort it that was the 17 Jul. Insult to injury emailed me on 2 Aug asking how I’d rate the support I’ve received - SERIOUSLY!"
"I placed my order for 3 bedside tables and a sofa bed on August 1st. I have a guest staying with me so need the sofa bed asap. The earliest delivery date was shown as August 17th. 17 days for the delivery was later than I had hoped for but I selected it and ordered anyway. On August 7th I receive a confirmation email. This email incorrectly states August 7th as my order day (why did it take 7 days for the confirmation to go through?) and lists the delivery date as August 29th. An extra 12 days delay is unacceptable. I checked my online account and it still lists by delivery date as August 17th. I contacted the customer service team online and spoke to Katy. She informed me that those sofa beds are made to order (not mentioned on the website when I was ordering) and that the earliest delivery date is the 29th, despite my online order stating otherwise. I explained that I may need to source a sofa bed else where and requested that the bedside tables be despatched and delivered on the 17th, as arranged and that I would get back to them about the sofa. Katy refused. In fact she was generally very unhelpful and did absolutely nothing to try to rectify the situation. I therefore emailed the customer service department explaining the situation and requested that a manager deal with and split my order. Max Fox split the order and said the tables would arrive on August 17th, as planned, but that the sofa would now be delayed even more and he wouldn't be able to confirm a delivery date until AFTER the 17th. So his solution to a delayed order was to delay it even more. Terrible company. Incompetent staff. Wont be using them again."
"We went to our Torquay store to buy a single mattress, they had some reduced mattresses which we were happy to buy one off, we went and found a member of staff who was a young man who was pleasant enough, we went to the billing area where two older men were sitting at the desk, these two men were the rudest they could be, they gave us the impression that they wanted no interaction with us at all, we I tried to make light of the situation buy making a joke about if I buy one reduced mattress do I get one free they blanked us completely, the young lad was waiting to get on a computer he even had to ask one of them to get a plastic cover for it. When the block was coming back with it they kept saying that we could use the lift as it might be easier than the stair when carrying the mattress down from the first floor. I then said are you forgetting we are the customer and that I was not employed by them and that it was their job, the young lad evenly helped my partner to get the mattress in the bag and carry it to our car. When returning to the shop he apologised and said that they are not allowed to pack or move items in case they get hurt and sue the company. Well what if the customer gets hurt and sues the company. I had never heard anything so rediculous, no wonder people are shopping on line and shops are going out of business. And for the other two members of staff they need to go on a customer service course or find another profession where they do not come into contact with the public. I wanted to ask about a king size bed that I had seen but thought best not will look else where."
"Bed delivery delayed 3 weeks (I had to wait 7 weeks in total!) because the shop staff and ordering department didn’t even order my mattress!! Customer service solution was to just go and select another mattress!! When delivery arrived, the wrong mattress was actually brought so I had to wait for the driver to go back to depot to collect mine. Will never go back or recommend."
"we went to one of Belfast shop, placed the order and had to wait for a simple bed base 3 weeks. Finally, we got goods news, but we had to wait for another week for the bed to delivered (they do not do next day delivery any more?). Agreed Wednesday was so long - I stayed at home until 7 pm waiting for a driver (he doesn't know what time he will be at your address). never ever back."
"I would advise anyone to think very carefully before they buy anything from Dreams. I ordered a mattress from Dreams for £1800 - almost the most expensive one in the shop. However, the wrong one was actually entered into the order system and delivered. We didn't realise this until delivery day when the mattress was taken out of its packaging and we saw that it had a topper. We specifically did not want a mattress with a topper. The delivery men said it was worthless because the packaging had been opened and the store insisted that because the one that had been delivered matched with the order (although was not what we asked for or wanted!) they would not just take it away, we had to use the 30 day 'Comfort Guarantee' - which meant that we had to store it for 30 days while continuing to sleep on our old mattress. We chose a replacement mattress and paid even more money to have it delivered, but when the delivery men turned up (now 3 and a half months since the original order) they spotted a tiny mark on the mattress and refused to take it away. Everyone I spoke to at the company throughout this saga had a 'not my problem' attitude. The customer support representative I have contacted since claimed that we wanted a mattress with a topper and she knows this because the store staff remember our conversations since April and know more about what we want than we do. AVOID!!!!!!"
"Very very bad service. Horrible company They listed a bed frame with 20% off but the discount did not show up in the checkout. I called customer service they replied they can refund me the money if I call them back Monday. When I contacted customer service again for the refund they informed the discount is applicable only if I buy the mattress . That was not neither satated in the website or the customer service person inform me earlier. I requested them to listen to my call and I sent a screenshot of the website listed with the discount. But they strongly denied both. I was disappointed and asked them to cancel my order. Hassan Shahid said he has canceled and can offer a full refund. After a few mins, I became worried that the cancellation will affect my credit rating, therefore, emailed Hassan to revoke the cancellation and called customer service to keep the order. Hassan said he has canceled the order and has informed Barclays about it, however, the customer service lady who answered my call said nothing has been touched in the order and no notes recorded and the order will be delivered the next day. After this call, Hassan is replying to me saying he has revoked the cancellation and it will be delivered. So, in fact, the first time when he said it was canceled and a full refund will be offered is a total lie. How can you rely on a company which has a bunch of liars? I am very very disappointed. When I say I am upset and I cant offer is good feedback he replied that is entirely up to me. PLEASE DONT RUSH TO BUY WHEN THEY LIST THERE IS A SALES .... EVERYTHING TOTAL EYE WASH ... THE SAME BED HAS BEEN IN MARKET FOR 547, 20 days ago but I have bought it for 647 thinking I ham getting a bargain.. when in fact I have been cheated"
"I was in the Clydebank store in Glasgow. When you go into these type of shops, it can be quite frustrating when you want to have a look around but are hounded by sales assistants trying to get you to buy something especially when you don't know what you want in the first place. My Husband and I wanted a new bed? Where do you start? I went in to Dreams after visiting a few other bed companies, and as soon as we arrived it happened - a sales assistant! How wrong was I, the woman that introduced herself Lesley was so pleasant, she just welcomed me to the store and briefly explained the set up around the store. She made us both a coffee while we looked about. Beds are quite confusing and we had no idea where to start. Lesley confidently took the lead, she found out quickly what type of mattress we needed by encouraging us to lie down and try. Explained what is good and what is better. After an hour or so we settled, we were happy to spend the amount we did because we are sure we have paid good money for quality. *Free Pillow yeah Thank you Lesley, we will be back for the kids beds soon. Anne & John"
"Brilliant customer service. Kept us informed all the way. Gave a 2 hour window slot for delivery and even telephoned on the morning of delivery to confirm the time. Friendly guys put our beds together. Old beds taken away aswell. Well done Dreams. Very satisfied customer. Much better than another well known bed firm who do not take old beds away."
"dreams beds - thinking of buying a mattress?? their peace of mind offering (comfort exchange) means you can change your mattress if it isnt suitable - you pay £50. BUT (the bit they dont tell you) if you go for a more expensive mattress you pay the difference (ok) if you go for a cheaper one....wait for it.....they pocket the money!!!!!!"
"Bought a medium mattress(it was nearly £1100 so not cheap )but when delivered felt like a rock Was told had to sleep on it for 14-30 days before the mattress had worn in Could not sleep on it for another 30 min let alone 30 days Very helpful staff before they took our money but awful afterwards Would never use again"
"I was advised to buy a Tempur mattress as I have back problems. The sales person- Marwan assured and reassured that if I’m not happy with i can get a refund within 100 days ( showed me this on the Tempur website) . However, after the 1st night when I woke up in excruciating pain, I called Dreams and I asked for an exchange. They said that I would loose the difference to £1600 that paid for the Tempur mattress. I was in shock. They only care about money and not about customers. A rip-off!!! I’m taking this further. Dreams is a big disappointment"
"I had a fitted bedroom put in and it was supposed to fit a super king bed so I ordered one from dreams without measuring myself. Needless to say it didn’t fit the customer service were very unhelpful the was taken back but ideally all I wanted was a smaller size but she was so disinterested & unhelpful I just paid the £38 recollection fee and will be going else where."
"Our bed broke They sent a so called engineer out who spent 5 minutes to check We have 10 year warranty They said due to too much downward force it broke All my son does is sleep on it I asked them to elaborate on there findings to which I received no answer Never buy a bed from them They are crooks There after sales care is non existent Badly designed goods"
Dreams is rated 2.55 based on 42 reviews