Dorothy Perkins Reviews

54% of reviewers recommend Dorothy Perkins
9PM
9PM

About Dorothy Perkins: At Dorothy Perkins you can buy Womens Clothing, Womens Fashion: Dresses, Maternity Clothes and Womens Shoes to buy online. The largest womenswear retailer in the UK, with over 600 stores nationwide, Dorothy Perkins has traded since 1919 and has been online with dorothyperkins.com since 1999.It offers gorgeous, up-to-the-minute fashion and the essential items of the season at affordable prices.

customer.services@dorothyperkins.com

Categories:
Clothing
Fashion
Fashion Accessories

Tell us how Dorothy Perkins made you happy

"Should really be 0 stars ! guess they are going bust or really cost saving as quality of clothes is shocking will never order from again. Placed an order with them for next day delivery asking it to be left over the gate if I was not in. the delivery man got next door to sign it left no card to say where the package was had email to say it was where I asked. Was going on holiday in 2 days and they said would take 48 hours to get back to me about my package which would be to late so I ordered it all again. got the package the next day tried on the clothes was shocked it was awful quality Later that night next doorneighbour came back and told me he had a package. I tried on the clothes to see if better quality as was so shocked but it was awful too apart from 1 dress which I kept. I then went to store 30 mins drive away they would not accept petites so had to post it all back got just over £50.00 underpaid in my refunds. Called them today and customer sevices said it was closed at 5.40pm when website said it was open till 6pm."
Are you Dorothy Perkins? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Awful customer service. I will NEVER shop with Dorothy Perkins again and really wish I'd read these reviews before ordering from them. I ordered 8 tops that were the worst quality tops I'd ever seen. The tops I ordered were all the same product code, just 2 different sizes in 4 colour ways. I tried one on and the rest stayed in their packaging and sent them all back the same day within 1 hour of receiving them. Their receivers didn't count out the items properly and only refunded me for 7 of the 8 tops I'd received despite me writing all over the returns form that they were really poor quality - and also they should have spotted that I'd only tried on one top. But when I asked them to refund the whole amount they think I am lying and are now demanding a whole long list of details including parcel weight, returns date, etc which I never thought to record. So basically I have lost my money down to their error and shoddy clothing (which I would have kept if the quality had been acceptable because the tops were a nice style, just completely see through t-shirt material). I did predict a while ago that Dorothy Perkins would be the next High Street chain to fold and now I'm certain of it. No company can survive when they produce shoddy products and treat their customers so badly."
"I understand it’s clearly stated up to 7 days but like.. for real.. it’s the most slow service I’ve come across! Never had issues with H&M, Asda, newlook, Next, Tesco or Boohoo. They all arrive surprisingly quickly.. mostly within 3 days. DP needs to up their game a bit!"
"Not impressed to have had my order for my daughter's PROM dress cancelled due to 'over-popularity' of the item. How is it possible to add to basket, order and wait 3 days only to receive a cheery 'order cancelled oops sorry ' email. Dreadful service. Buyer beware!!"
"Purchased $200 worth of clothes sent to the US. I did like the clothes, but the sizing was wrong. UPSP is going to charge me ~$200 to ship BACK to DP and I have to eat that cost! I've emailed and spoken to customer service multiple times. The 1st time, they told me they would send me a pre-paid shipping label, and they just sent me a regular label that would require me to pay for shipping. The 2nd and 3rd time I contacted customer service, they just said that I would need to pay for it and they haven't heard of the US shipping cost being so high before. This is the WORST customer experience. I'd be surprised if DP had any US customers based on they way they expect their customers for pay for outrageous shipping costs. I will NOT be shopping on this site ever again. $200 down the drain..."
"I’m so upset by the customer service provided by DP, I am still waiting for an order I made with them that was delivered incorrectly. I called and spoke to a member of the DP service team who followed up my issue and resolved my issue by processing a refund which sounds okay but the only way for me to get my original order is to go back through the nightmare that is the DP online journey to do so! And to further add to my frustration the next day a member of the DP team wrote to me saying that now they are not even issuing the refund as previously agreed until they have contact with the courier service (which they had already done several data ago!). I’m now extremely upset and angry as I’m having to go back and forth with random DP team members and it feels like I’m getting no where. By the time they finally resolve my issue it’s likely that many of the items I wanted don’t even be available anymore! I have asked several times for my original telephone conversation to be listened to and for my complaint to be escalated, neither of which have been honoured. I advise you not to shop with DP if you want to be treated as a valued customer!"
"Ordered shoes, used click &collect, I had received someone elses order, on returning them to the store the staff were completely unhelpful told me they could not do anything as i had ordered online. I had to phone customer services and sort their mistake myself ! Customer advisor now informs me they don't know where my order is, I have to make another trip to the post office return the parcel, and it will take up to 14 days for my refund on my original order. What an absolute disgrace and disregard for customer care. I will not be making anymore purchases from DP."
"Went into Dorothy Perkins Ipswich, the escalator to the upstairs is filthy dirty not inviting at all. I asked to try something on I was told “ yer over there” when I went to pay the 3 members of staff were leaning on the desk looking at a tablet discussing what outfits they were going to wear. Not interested in serving the customer. All round a very poor shopping experience."
"They send me 1 item wrong.i returned them by post but they no give any refund ."
"Rubbish company with no customer service! My order was a week late being scanned even though the store had it, being a Christmas present I couldn't give it for Christmas. It wasn't packaged properly so it was damaged. They are wanting me to do the leg work and return it to the store. I wanted to exchange it but they won't. Got the item on sale and they won't honour that if I have to repurchase in store! They ignore your emails and won't log complaints! Utter joke. Never buying from them again."
"Please never order off their website unless you can wait weeks for your refund. I returned 2 coats value of £91.99 via royal mail as thats one they use. 7 days later they havent got the parcel and royal mail say they cant help i have to ring dorothy perkins. Which i did and was told i have to wait up to 28 days for refund. Not great when i need it for christmas. Hoping i actually eventually get it back. Never ever ever again!"
"Honestly what a complete joke of a service they offer. Ordered maternity clothing and picked up from stores all fine so far. Try to return via store and told when you order you can only post back. What?! They said it's clear when you order lts clearly not clear enough! And certainly nothing to suggest this AT ALL on the recipe that you receive with your order. The fact that the order receipts give you in store and post return with only clarifying "brands" and "collections" to be return by post. Who knew maternity wear was a brand or a collection, certainly was never made clear to me. I never want to shop in this shop ever again."
"Very slow tried 3 time to log in to purchase and item that was in 30% off, offer the website was running slow and locked me out I requested a new password and the link didnt work so didnt order my jacket. there loss"
"been in newcastle upon tyne eldon sq branch .. its been 7 weeks and they havent had the air con fixed it was 32 deg in sat those poor girls who work there its disgraceful..? went in f. room to try on a top it was pitch black.. no lights working .. came out and shutter is broken ??? what is happening.. the shop smells???? no more dp for me!!!"
"Absolutely awful delivery in store ordered 23rd aug still not turned up no response to initial email and dont even get me started on calling them .finally had e mail today saying give them two more days to here from store .Two more days to get a response from an email seriously !! Horrendous service get your finger out things like this lose customers"
"Phoned customer service today took 48 minutes to answer phone. Would never buy from them again."
"Slowest delivery ever experienced by online ordering. Despite removing an item from my basket, both items were charged. Don't even bother attempting to phone customer services as 1) they don't do customer services and 2) the wait time is ridiculous - almost an hour each time till I gave up! Shoddy excuse for a company!"
"Ordered from Dorothy Perkins but some items were missing and others damaged. Complained and received a refund for the missing item and sent it back. Unfortunately both items were out of stcok so I couldn't re-order them. They offered a 10% off + free next day delivery code to try and soften the blow and I decided to try again. Only the code they provided wasn't correct and in fact didn't work on their site. Cue 20 minutes on hold on the phone to get the right one. Finally the next day delivery is fictional, the item arrived a few days later anyway. Refunds take ages, they take a full day to get back to you on Twitter and you can't always get through by phone. They literally shut off their phone lines sometimes because they can't cope with the level of complaints they receive. Great clothes, awful company."
"If I could give no star rating I would I ordered two of the same dress deferent sizes for two peaople paid for express delivery £5.95 only one dress has turned up I need both one is no good to me so phoned your customer service line I have been waiting 57 minutes 55 seconds listening to the same song over & over again i have now hung up"
"Never ever will I buy from Dorothy Perkins again the way the treat there customers"
Dorothy Perkins is rated 3.11 based on 133 reviews