Direct unlocks Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult
Read Direct unlocks Reviews
Don’t use their service. They fool you with an initial payment and then ask for a second one twice as expensive and no refund !!!
Hi Laurent, sorry that you are not happy with the payment policy on the site, please do note that the total cost of the service is shown at the time of the initial purchase.
Absolute scam do not use this company what do ever. They take your money and don't reply back to at all.
Complete scammer website
took my money 100.00 no service will not respond to emails complete
rip off
Good morning Richard, if you can supply me with your IMEI I can look further into this for you, sorry you are unhappy with the service, I would guess that you tried to unlock a stolen/barred device.
After paying for this service and waiting over 90 days still the phone is locked and they won't respond to emails. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! Any good reviews you read is because they have been paid.

No matter how many reviews you read here the reply from Direct Unlocks is always the same. I am at 17 emails with no reply or resolution.

This is always their reply from Direct Unlocks
If you are having any problems with a purchase please email and the team can help
Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you have received if you can please let me have your IMEI so I can look into this for you.
First, the website made me pay $20 without clearly stating that there will be more charges (Order ID 10984268). Seconds after making that payment, I am asked to pay $37 more with the guarantee that the phone will be unlocked and there will be no further charges. This is clearly a deception.
Second, even when I paid another $37 for unlocking (Order ID 10984274), the service was not delivered. I was told that a special service is required (premium service) and this time again it was mentioned that phone unlock will be guaranteed and there will be no further charges. I had clearly read the terms and conditions, and refund policy and those never said that the phone must not be in-contract. If my phone contract was already over, why would I bother using services like these? I can contact my service provider, and ask them to unlock my cell phone. Also, at that time, I got a message that I should use swappa.com to check my IMEI before ordering premium service
Third, even after paying more $30 (Order ID 10988924) for premium service, the service was still not delivered, giving me the same message that more premium service required. The error message this time was my phone is in a contract and blacklisted, and this time it referenced cleancheck.me website instead of swappa. Why didn't the website mentioned in the first place that people should use cleancheck.me before they start paying the first initial $19? Why didn't the website mention that they will require more and more money at every step and they will never deliver the service?

Please explain how is your service not a scam?
Hi Peeyush, we have already replied to you previously. The amount is shown at the time of purchase so your review is not correct in that regard. We also cannot be held responsible if you tried to unlock a lost/stolen device.
After paid 140€ and 3weeks of waiting to unlock an iPhone xs mas they disappeared without giving me the service, refund and not even answering the emails. Really disappointed
Sorry to read this review, if you can let me have the order IMEI I can look into this for you.
I told you that on March 12, I contracted with this company the unlocking services and I have more than 120 days waiting for a solution. I write to them and they do not answer my mail for the return of my money. is a gotcha.
Hi Edgar, sorry to hear that this was not resolved, if you can let me have your IMEI I can look deeper into this order for you.
Scammers. Had the same experience as the other reviewers on this site. Try to reverse the payment by contacting the bank. Avoid at all costs, do not pay the second amount. Wish I had seen the reviews first!
I submited a unlock feb 6th and still aint done now noone answeres me i paid 90 dollars i want my momey back
Hi Belinda, did you ever get this resolved in the end? If not id you let me have your IMEI number I can ensure that its been taken care of for you.
Direct unlocks UK is a total scam, a fraudulent company just to take money from you. I have read their ad twice on their website and I couldn't find anywhere that the $19.99 charge they offer to unlock an iPhone is just a pre-order. I paid it, and they come back now and tell me I have to pay $81 extra to have it fully unlock and there is no refund. Don't do business with them.
Fraudulent company. They advertise a price of $19.99 and then demand $38 as a "Final Payment". Plus they likely use the same AT&T automated unlock that is free.
TOTAL FRAUD! Stay Away from them! Ordered my unlock for the iPad that came with my new house in Jan 2019. It is now June and not only is it not unlocked, DirectUnlocks won't even respond to my emails.
-Feb 14, 2019: Ordered Unlock, they took my money, told me 90 days (working days) to complete the process.
-Apr 22, 2019: I asked for status update, DirectUnlocks response was "We realize these are taking a long time, it's the nature of these unlocks" 90 days had not expired yet.
-May 20, 2019: Asked for another update, nothing heard
-June 3, 2019: Asked for another update, still nothing. Well over 90 working days now.

Bottom line, unless I hear something quickly and this gets resolved, I strongly recommend using these guys, it's a total scam.
Terrible company avoid at all costs.
I purchased an unlock for an s7 which was locked to Vodafone (purchased this as I needed the unlock faster than Vodafone could do it after submitting the IMEI details you then go to a pre check to see if the IMEI can be unlocked this is charged and then after you pay you then get another email saying the device can be unlocked and there is then a second fee to pay. Even though these details are well hidden it is stated on the site so not an issue if they had actually unlocked the phone 2 days later I get an email saying the device could not be unlocked to being locked into contract and I would need to pay even more to get it unlocked. But to their credit they did offer a credit note to use on another device (which I tried unsuccessfully 3 times) now I know the last devices I tried was defiantly no longer in contract and even checked them on the check website prior to starting the process and at this point it showed as clean. After the process failed the device shows as bad on the site so I believe it’s the unlocking process its self-causing the issue. I contacted direct unlocks with my issue stating I now require a refund rather than credit as they are unable to provide the service I have paid for after giving plenty of time to respond I have not had a single reply. I am now starting the process of leaving negative feedback about this company on all media platforms as well as reporting the company to trading standards and taking legal action to recover my refund. I hope others read this review and don’t get caught out
Sorry to read this review, I would just like to point out however that the total cost of the service is indicated at the time of purchase, with that said if you can please let me have your IMEI number I will look into this order and ensure that the device has been unlocked.
I feel that I have been misold an unlocking service. The way the product is soild by www.directunlicks.co.uk is deceiving. It makes it appear that the service is a one payment option, where in fact they hit you with a rerquired second charge to complete the service. If I would have clesrly seen this second charge I would not have used their service as there are much cheaper options. As a result, I did not proceed with the second payment and no refund is apparently possible. So they can practice like this and rack up money for basically no effort and conning people.
100% SCAM – stay away!!!
They'll just grab your money and do nothing.

First they wanted 20 GBP, then 30 GBP (yes, I know, I sould stop here) and next day 50 GBP. It happened February 5th. Since then they've sent (after about 2 months) a letter that says "this unlock is taking a little longer than normal" and the've never replied on any of my e-mails. Today, it's over 4 months! My review of their services has two words: pure robbery.

Don't be so stupid as I was and do not send them any money!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION - you are dealing with a trader with many complaints against it.

The site will advertise unlocks "from" £12.99 then they send you an email saying it's ready but you must pay a further fee, anything from £30 to £60 to complete the unlock. Complaints have been upheld by the Advertising Standard Authority for this trader. A refund is very unlikely as they do not respond to complaints or queries.
Good afternoon, thanks for your review, however, can we just point out that the total cost of the unlock is clearly shown at the time of purchase. If you can let me have the IMEI number I can look further into this order for you.
I'm one of the victim. After they got my full payments, sending many questions on their email but all of them got no replies, NOW THEY OFFER another Icloud Premium Service. A BIG NO!!! Experienced the same things as yours. SO BEWARE with DirectUnlocks. Take these as a serious warning.
Sorry to hear that you didn't have a response to your emails if you can please let me have the order IMEI number I can look further into this for you.
They have an Advertising Standards Authority ruling Against them!
They (Direct Unlocks or AppleiPhoneUnlocks - same firm) claim to unlock in 24 hours from £14.99. They charge £17.99 and after 24 hours ask for another £32 which they say was made clear earlier. That's not true and I have the screenshots to prove it! I had to send good money after bad as I was away and needed the unlock. So it costs 3 times their advertised price and takes at least 3 times as long.

Why they can still trade with an ASA ruling (25/07/18) against them I don't know. Here's the ruling: https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/direct-unlocks-a18-447541.html
Hi Trevor, the websites show the total cost of the unlock, sorry to hear that you missed it the first time around, if you need anymore unlocks further down the line just let us know and we can set up a discount for you.
4 months later and they won't respond to my emails. I'll be filling a claim with my credit card since they're apparently a scam.
Direct unlocks is rated 1.76 based on 112 reviews