Direct Sight Reviews

5 7 Baring RoadBeaconsfield

Categories:
Glasses & Contacts
Health & Beauty

How would you rate Direct Sight?

91 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Direct Sight in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"What a useless lot , totally disappointed with the service don’t enter into a order situation with this lot!!!"
Posted 45 minutes ago
Mark Anderson
Unverified Reviewer
"I’ve yet to purchase glasses from Directsight and I won’t be doing so. Filled out all the stuff on line, pop up box appeared telling me if I gave them my email address I would enjoy a 10% discount off my order and was sent a code. Filled in the rest of the required info, got to the end, put in my discount code and............nothing happens, it just defaults to the full amount. I emailed the help desk on Sunday expecting a response on Monday, nothing. Emailed them twice since then, nothing. If this is their customer service I can see why they get such poor reviews. There is no phone number to talk to anyone (I’ve tried googling it). If anyone has any recommendations for a good, well priced on-line service I’d love to know."
"I’ve returned the same pair of glasses five times and each time they return them straight back the same day without rectify them I even requested a different pair as the form allows and they still returned the exact same pair. There is no customer service you can’t call them only email and most of the time they ignore emails or reply with short messages avoiding the questions. Absolutely rubbish."
"This used to be an excellent company with great service. I had problems before but they were handled by a person who followed up any queries and offered promises they could fulfil; namely to deal with the complaint quickly and with care. Now we have an automated service providing stock replies to queries and complaints that clearly have not been read or understood. It's no exaggeration to claim that I have spent more than £1000 in the last 3 years with this company but after my recent experience - never again. The ratings on this site don't lie and it's a shame how low customer service now ranks in this business' priorities. Dreadful!"
"Returned a pair of glasses because they'd either been damaged in the post (they're despatched in a flimsy box without a glasses case) or they were faulty to start with (gap in the hinge that attaches the arm to the frame). They promised to refund the cost of my return (they didn't) and sent the original glasses back, this time covered in dirty fingerprints on the lenses. Shockingly hopeless!"
"I sent my frames to be re-glazed with a new prescription. While the service was fast, I received back my glasses with a broken arm and so bent out of shape they no longer fit on my face, the arms just flail out the side away from my ears. I tried emailing their customer service and got what can only be described as automated responses from 'Francesca'. I sent pictures, requesting a refund and compensation, and got back a response from 'Francesca' saying: 'We are sorry to see this, please send these back to us with a copy of your prescription and a covering letter stating what you would like changed and we will amend this for you.' The responses I kept getting just said 'we can fix this, please send them back to us' etc. After 5 attempts, I've given up. You cannot fix the damage, the plastic is completely split on the arm and there's now a 2mm gap. I now have no glasses and I'm having to go buy a new pair. I've therefore had to resort to writing bad reviews everywhere I can find in the hope that someone might actually give me my money back and provide compensation for the broken frames that will cost £89 to replace. Avoid."
"Ordered some Varifocals from this outfit and to put it bluntly they are useless I have to lift my head up in the air to read any print at all and the long vision is mediocre to say the least. I neglected to read the reviews before purchasing from this company and that's a bad thing to do at any time."
Alex Mclaughlin
Unverified Reviewer
"Glasses caused pain discomfort in both lenses , not right to prescription .Now in dispute with them .Customer service might as well talk to the wall waste of time . Consumer rights act , Goods to be of satisfactory quality .Short term right to reject Totally ignored . Paid in good faith of what was hoping to be a happy customer and what do i get hassle ignored as if my fault ,filled in information correctly got partner to double check . Wore for two days sent glasses my prescription and returns form as req on third day .C/S repeat email [please send prescription] which they have got already and wont answer question where is it . ITS YOUR CHOICE WOULD I RECOMMEND NO ,AM I AN UNHAPPY CUSTOMER BLOODY RIGHT"
"Utter morons. Used them once last year and it was faultless. This time however has been the worst experience ever. Francesca (who I think is a standard email signature and probably isn't related to an employee) seems to forget what 'she' emailed from one minute to the next. One minute they have my prescription, the next they don't. I asked for confirmation that all was in order before I sent the frames and they eventually confirmed so I sent the frames. Next thing is I get emails confirming they have received the frames but don't have the prescription and the whole debacle starts again. No saving on cost is ever worth this much headache so I would urge you to avoid wasting your life dealing with these air-heads!"
"I have had around 3 pairs of glasses via direct sight now (i constantly loose them) for £20 a time i'm very happy. I have been wearing glasses since i was 6 these glasses are far Superior to the boots glasses i had as a child they were a nightmare and by far the worse glasses i have ever owned. I wear my glasses all the time (hence having several pairs as i miss place them, order a new pair then the originals turn up) They are of the same quality as my converse glasses (in fact all have anti scratch on the lenses including my converse, the converse have scratched and the direct sight ones are still perfect) I've recommended direct sight to various people who have all been happy with the budget glasses."
"Terrible Company, sent glasses with wrong prescription but swore blind it was my fault???!!! Still awaiting refund!"
"Update on previous review,after no joy in getting a refund,I contacted citizens advice who were passing information onto trading standards,I in the meantime did my own checks and found that Direct Sight had been wound up in 2008,would suggest any one thinking of purchasing glasses should thoroughly check suppliers."
Deborah-Ann Bishop
Verified Reviewer
"Fast efficient service and my glasses have been refurbished as well as regulated."
"Ordered 2 pairs of glasses on 26th January and was told there was a 2 week lead time. I first started chasing for a delivery date on 12th February and was told by Francesca they would send an e-mail when my glasses were dispatched. I responded advising that I had ordered from them multiple times and was aware of the process and that I needed an ETA. I sent 2 further chasers on 12th and 15th February. I finally received a response from Francesca on 15th February advising my glasses were in the last stage of production and an e-mail would be sent when dispatched. I chased again on the 19th and also asked for details of their complaints procedure. Once again my query went unanswered so I have just sent another e-mail asking for my order to be cancelled and refunded in full. I feel like a lot of issues could be resolved if Direct Sight provided a phone number for their customers rather than relying on Francesca to not do her job!"
"Shoddy frames and ZERO customer service I simply ordered a new pair of glasses for my father, the same frames as the ones he already has from a year earlier - they arrived in poor condition, with sharp edges and loose ear protectors and were totally unwearable. They were sent back, with an explanation of the problem and a request for a new pair. The replacement arrived - and it would appear that they were in actual fact the same frames as before, but in EVEN WORSE condition! It seemed that someone had crudely chopped bits off the nose pads and ear protectors with scissors and failed to reattach them properly - they were even sharper than before, but more flimsy and, if possible, less wearable! Then, we returned them again and asked for a refund, they offered a refund for the frames only - which didn't materialise - if the issue was that we just didn't like the frames, then fine, but they were unusable! So, we successfully went through PayPal's resolution centre, received no response from Direct Sight, and escalated it to PayPal, and PayPal gave a full refund. Will never shop with DirectSight.co.uk again. Shocking!"
Betty Derrick
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered some glasses, received approximately 18 days later, but the bridge was too small. And hence the problems start. I reordered and enclosed a note with the return, 3 days later I receive the first email of 15 asking me did I want a replacement. What is wrong with this company, I have sent at least 5 emails telling them the replacement I have never known such incompetency My sister received glasses, absolutely no problem. Why can’t they process a simple return, plus no phone number listed so you can’t telephone them."
"Hello all dissatisfied direct sight customers,I too am now trying to reclaim £163.95,after direct sight cancelled my order,I received an E/Mail from them (Francesca) saying that the repayment had been refunded back to my account as soon as they cancelled the order,this never happened,I am giving them four days from cancellation date to repay the monies owed,thankfully my neighbor is a barrister and is going to guide me through the recovery process.will publish outcome in the near future."
"One pair of glasses I was sent were poorly made. The arms were sticking out at a funny angle. I returned them, with 2 other pairs (one pair I didn't like and 1 pair hurt my nose). I have had no luck getting a response as to the whereabouts of these glasses. I was initially informed that they have been returned, but 3 weeks later, im getting no response to my emails. There is no telephone number I can phone to enquire."
They Know Who I Am
Unverified Reviewer
"Abysmal, rude, offensive, robotic replies. Avoid at all cost. Returned frames without lenses, resent frames. Said they didnt arrive although PO confirmed they had. Still held on to my money and my frames. Wouldn't do anything to find out where my frames were in their establishment. Worst customer service from a person called Francesca on help desk...........AVOID AT ALL COST"
"The experience I had with Direct Sight was of absolute frustration. I ordered glasses for computer use and I could not see beyond a short distance as a result I had to move forward and my neck started to strain, DirectSight were ignoring my questions and giving very flat ‘robotic’ replies after some time I sent back the glasses to be redone, but again the same robotic replies ignoring my questions, then they asked about my ‘PD’. I had no clue what PD was I asked my optician and they told me as I have not purchased the glasses from them they did not had to measure it. I informed DirectSight next I get an email that they cancelled my order, but I never got refunded. 12 days later when I asked them they told me they are waiting for information from me. I sent their own cancellation email back to them. Then they said they are sending me the ‘full’ refund, but they have deducted money for no good reason. As I never even cancelled the order all I wanted was my glasses fixed, so I should be entitled for full refund."
Direct Sight is rated 1.43 based on 91 reviews