Direct Bikes Reviews

45% of reviewers recommend Direct Bikes

How would you rate Direct Bikes?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

47 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Direct Bikes in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Direct bikes is the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. I ordered a bike of which they never said when it would get delivered then it just turns up on my doorstep without notification. The bike went straight to the garage for its first check and within 60 miles after that check the exhaust had been attached with poor quality screws fell out and melted the cylinder head. They agreed to repair this and the sent the garage secondhand parts from eBay users to make the repairs. We’ve had the bike since 31st July and it’s been ridden less than 300 miles and on the road for a grand total of 5 days!! When you call them, they don’t answer until over 2 hours later and then they charge you over £10.00 for the privilege. PLEASE, I’M WARNING YOU NOW, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY"
Kerry Hooper
Verified Reviewer
"Very unhappy so far. Bought a new scooter last Saturday for next day delivery. 8 days later and still no bike!!! I have emailed the director and no response. There's no customer service number to call only an email address. If you call the direct bikes number you will always get a girl called Alex on the other end (no matter which department you go through) who can't help with anything!!! They have taken the money and delivered nothing. Angry and disappointed to say the least.........."
"DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM I would only Suggest you make a purchase from Direct Bikes/ Scooter.co.uk If you want to lose the will to live. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with it just constantly ringing! When you do get through to someone on the odd Occasion she is quite frankly USELESS and tells you to email. I proceeded to send about 30 emails over the course of a week to which I was told the bike was damaged and a refund will be issued. This company is a joke the owner does not care, nor is there any customer service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS you have been warned. If I had seen the full extent of reviews before buying I would never have chosen them! They have been subject to Watchdog investigations in the past and also have been reported to trading standard."
"Great Performance"
Geoffrey Alvis
Verified Reviewer
"Bought my db 125 from these clowns, was promised the paperwork that i needed to register the bike, but never came, i have phoned them on the odd occasion they answered they promised that the paperwork would be sent within a few days, but have still not come, have emailed them three times, they did get back once and again promised that the paperwork would be sent, but am still waiting, have now asked for a refund and surprise surprise they have not got back to me, i once spoke to a young lady on the phone i asked her a few questions like could i have the managers phone number her voice went very low and she would not give me the number because she would get into trouble, she sounded quite scared. SO KEEP AWAY FROM DIRECT BIKES, THEY ARE NOTHING BUT COWBOYS."
"Firstly you have to register it yourself, takes forever and it seems by doing that Direct Bikes are not accountable for the potential death traps they peddle. . I bought the DB 125-19 in October 2016. Worst decision I ever made, I had it serviced at 300km 1000km then with 1200km on the clock the accelerator cable snapped whilst doing 55mph on the a414. When I eventually found a garage who would even look at the bike the mechanic took one look at my brand new scooter and just shook his head in pity. 1300km exhaust guard fell off 1370km rear mudguard came undone 1400km centre stand dampener fell off causing an unbearable squeak. 3000k Service back brake pads are worn due to capilar falling apart, exhaust rattled needs replacing, rear shocks blown needed replacing, front wheel bearings were broken, rear tire bald, new tire needed. Steering bearing notching needed replacing. 3400km Broken down on way to work pick up coil burned out. Cost of repairs £870 in all plus 3 services at an additional cost of £320. I was advised by the garage to sell the bike as the build quality was so poor as to be dangerous. I knew from very early on that the aftercare department was non-existent they simply washed their hands of me when I tried to contact them to use my so called 1-year parts warranty (labour not included) they simply ignored me, don't bother trying to contact them it will just stress you out. Please do not fall into the trap I made of thinking that the bikes were a bargain for the money, it's a false economy and the bikes are simply dangerous."
"Ordered scooter on Friday, came Monday. Very good value for money. Thanks Direct Bikes"
"I bought a bike from them and within 200km the whole thing started to fall apart. It wouldnt work in the rain. Bolts sheared off. Gaskets failed. Exhaust fell off, i could go on... This was all after it had been to an approved garage! When asking for warrenty claim they fobbed me off by blaming their own recommended mechanics. Eventually took them to court and got my money back. Stay well away from these people. They want your money and then they vanish."
"""scooter took over a month for delivery and when it finally arrived it was not registered with the dvla or hmrc, the paperwork is horrendous to complete and there is import TAX to be paid on it too that they don't tell you about, so if you're in the process of getting a bike from them THINK AGAIN they are BAD"
"""scooter not registered"
"""I've given direct bikes 1 star, as they did refund my money back promptly. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework when I purchased the bike. My first call to them I got straight through & spoke to an american lady who took my payment & said the bike would arrive in three working days. On the fourth day I try to phone them no joy. I tried to phone them on next day & so on. 7 days went by so I emailed them, they eventually emailed me back & said it has been dispatched & to contact the courier. The courier hadn't received it. 2 weeks on they still hadn't received it. By this time I had enough & cancelled my order. Thank god I did, as I later discovered that their bikes are rubbish. I have just bought the new Lexmoto FMX. Fantastic!!!!"
"I got a bike on Aug this is a follow up sent in papers to dvla got them back over the nova number well thanks to direct bikes they sorted it got a email of dvla saying it's done after 2wks paper work gone in for reg this week I can say direct bikes have helped me throu out this thank you"
"we brought a bike for my son to go to college, after trying to regester it with the DVLA they sent all paper work tell us we needed a NOVA ref number before we could continue, after 2 weeks of try to get this from direct bikes , we have got nothing no help.. so we have a bike we can not use unhappy to say the least"
"Having ordered a scooter, we decided to cancel five days later (before the scooter arrived), and so cannot rate the quality of their scooters. However, having cancelled our order by email, we received a full refund two days later. Some reviewers have said they struggled to get a refund, so we thought it only fair to point out that our money was refunded promptly. Direct Bikes get four stars as communication could be a little better. Also, the website says three day delivery, but reading the small print it appears delivery could be anything up to 30 days. We didn't want to wait that long."
"Thank you scooter.co.uk for my ninja scooter 50cc very good service from support and delivery guys love this bike just waiting for paper work to come to get on the rd"
"Direct bikes is the worst company ever. Do not purchase a scooter from this organisation. The after care is non existent. Under the terms of your warranty you are required to get your scooter serviced after 300 and 1000km. Most scooter/motorcycle centres wont touch DBs because they are rubbish so you have to use the list of authorised agents provided by DB. Several times I have attempted to contact my DB mobile scooter service person and they have been unavailable. DB simply say they aren't responsible as these are independent agents. Bish bosh. Not interested"
"Direct Bikes use a loop hole to sell bikes illegally. Thats why you have to register it yourself so they can deny accountability. I bought a DB125, it had to be scrapped after 8,000 miles because the whole bike just fell apart. When i took it to be looked at by a reputable service centre they told me the whole story. No garage in bristol (uk) will look at these bikes because of how dangerous they are. All in all, it was a death trap from the day i started riding it and any other comments on this site saying otherwise are paid lobbyists. Im just glad they didnt kill me!!!!!"
"the bike comes with no number plate and u need to contact the dvla and that takes weeks I been waiting for 4 weeks and still have not got to ride the bike lets start before the bike was delver I order the a red couler instead off them contacting me telling me they do not have it in that couler they sent me a black one its okay but the bike looks good I have not got to ride it yet the only problem I got is the number plate I don't get is u buy a new car and it comes with one so whats the diffants they just lazy to do it them seaths I add to wait over four weeks to get the bike now another 4 weeks for number plate its a joke !!!! never well I buy another bike from this company agen lets talk about the rude rude woman that you get throw to no custermer severs I don't koe what her job is and the bike did not even come on time it came 4 weeks later not 3 days u been warn about dealing with this company u buy a 1000 pound bike off the company to be treated like shit by a silly lil woman"
"My bike was on the road on the 4th April 2017 and has done 257 km and has already developed a noise when pulling away, Although I bought it on the 4th march 2017 the DVLA took a month to get it registered, Direct bikes have said the bike is over 3 months old and therefore over due its service and have washed their hands of the warranty. The bike was manufactured in November 2016 and based on their reply the bike was overdue a service before they sent it. This is the type of support I received and I am a returning customer of theirs have bought a bike 4 years ago. If you read through their terms and conditions you will find a lot of it is in violation of your consumer rights 2014 UK law and will not stand up in court, they will also use aggressive language to attempt to intimate/bully you, don't take any notice. From Direct Bikes. servicing is from ownership that was over 3 months ago, not from when you used or registered the bike. 3.3 (extract) The Buyer acknowledges that for continued use and safety the Goods need to be regularly serviced at the service periods are due at either distance travelled or time period of ownership, which ever is sooner, (300km / 3 months of ownership for first service, 1000km / 6 months for second service, 3000km / 12 months for third service and every 3000kms / 6 months of ownership subsequently) & maintained by an approved service centre. As advised your bike is overdue its first service. the fan belt is parts of the service that you have failed to carry out. Please arrange your overdue service at an approved service centre. this is our final position regarding this matter. Buyer beware!!"
"I placed an order with this company without doing my research. Not like me. I first became alarmed when they would not confirm a delivery date, despite me asking 4 times. When I tried to call the number on their web site, it is not connected. So I did some looking into their registered company. There is a different number linked into this. So i called it 18 times over 4 days, with the longest time i left it ring out was 25 minutes. I tried both the customers service and order line. No answer, not even a voice mail option. Communication by Emial.. They must be on a quota, as no mater what time i Emailed them it took them over 24hrs to reply, and you get absolutely no reply to your question they simply do not answer it or go around it. They constantly asked me to give them information that was supplied on the original order, like contact number, Land line etc. Each time delaying the process by another day. The best is that they MUST have a land line.Without one they can not deliver. I do not have one. So they said it did not mater it could be any Land line even work. SO WHY DO THEY NEED IT if it could be any.... I add that there is no mention of this during the ordering process or in their Terms. In the end I gave them my works number. In the end after 8 days (bearing in mind i payed for 3 day delivery) i decided to cancel the order before i breached my 14 day period. After this i got a lovely Email saying "You had failed their security test and they had canceled my order......." I have had bikes 4 times this price delivered to my home. After reading reviews on this company I am glad, I will not go into to these but do some digging before you buy form these, there where investigated by the BBC in 2015, and there is a string of worrying safety issues. I would not do business with these nor recommend them to anyone."
Direct Bikes is rated 2.77 based on 47 reviews