Direct Bikes Reviews

Direct Bikes have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

43% of reviewers recommend Direct Bikes
4PM
4PM

How would you rate Direct Bikes ?

"First off the bike arrived 6 weeks later than expected. It took a further 4 weeks and several emails calls before they posted the paperwork. The registration info was out of date. Finally when the bike was legal I discovered the fuel lines were rotten the rocker stand snapped after 2 weeks and the speedometer over reads by about 7 mph. Ie if it says Im doing 40 in reality Im doing 33 mph I had my wife drive behind me to verify. 0 response from the company I had to threaten my rights under the sales of goods act before they sent the documents. Cheap and nasty. Ill be surprised if this 125 lasts for 1000 miles."
"Very poor customer service, my locker ignition broke by itself doesn't work anymore, the company warranty is fake, they know how to get away with service after sale, No book service coming with the paper work, no apprved service center published or known My bike also arrive not working, and I have to do the paper work my self for the motorbike and they asked me to go to a local approved service to get my bike fixed and they asked my to take it with my self to the garage and they asked me to pay for him and they will pay me later, after a month hassling and started to take a legal action against them they paid the local approved service to release my bike after holding it for a week waiting for a payment for direct bikes Now its not even a year and bike broke down and during this period its cut off on the road often. Don't deal with people you can't see And I advise every one to contact me if he need to take a legal action against their service"
"All is good during the selling process. Whatever you do don't crash it, if you need parts it is unlikely you will get any and they or the "part suppliers" won't either. Direct Bikes will tell you otherwise though. Cheap and works fine but not that cheap if you have to bin it just because you need a replacement part that only costs a few quid. Go elsewhere and get from a reputable manufacture that provides an after sales service."
"My scooter arrived on time, good value for money. Have had it for a week. Runs well and good on fuel. Would recommend."
"Great scooter very happy with it )) Nice quick delivery and good product."
"I have a 50cc direct bikes from LAST YEAR and I now can't wait to get rid of it! Horrible motorbike! Unreliable, weak, left me on the road MANY TIMES AND SITUATIONS. One phrase to describe it: worst scooter EVER! The reason for my complete disappointment and regret for buying this bike? It ALWAYS has issues. ALWAYS. When you think you're good, think twice. Just a quick example. My one now has 5000 miles, from last year and I've been to the mechanic 5 times in the last 5 months with issues after issues. A week and a half ago the mechanic fixed it and yesterday, for NO REASON, left me on the side of the road, at 5am in a location without any lights. My other problem is how to get rid of it for some cash since I don't feel comfort to sell this thing to someone and they'll have the same disappointment and regret as I have. With the money I've spent on it, I could've bought something really good! It's from China and Chinese motorbikes aren't any good, everyone knows that. Long story short: if you want to avoid having unnecessary stress, bills, etc, DO NOT buy this. PS: also, when you buy a direct bikes, you are the one to assemble it and to get its licence plate."
"I have ordered a bike at the cost of nearly £1000 in total and they send me a completely different bike, when trying to sort it out nobody is responding to emails and Alex who answers the phone will not answer any questions and says just to email."
"Direct bikes is the worst company I’ve ever had to deal with. I ordered a bike of which they never said when it would get delivered then it just turns up on my doorstep without notification. The bike went straight to the garage for its first check and within 60 miles after that check the exhaust had been attached with poor quality screws fell out and melted the cylinder head. They agreed to repair this and the sent the garage secondhand parts from eBay users to make the repairs. We’ve had the bike since 31st July and it’s been ridden less than 300 miles and on the road for a grand total of 5 days!! When you call them, they don’t answer until over 2 hours later and then they charge you over £10.00 for the privilege. PLEASE, I’M WARNING YOU NOW, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY"
"Very unhappy so far. Bought a new scooter last Saturday for next day delivery. 8 days later and still no bike!!! I have emailed the director and no response. There's no customer service number to call only an email address. If you call the direct bikes number you will always get a girl called Alex on the other end (no matter which department you go through) who can't help with anything!!! They have taken the money and delivered nothing. Angry and disappointed to say the least.........."
"DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM I would only Suggest you make a purchase from Direct Bikes/ Scooter.co.uk If you want to lose the will to live. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone with it just constantly ringing! When you do get through to someone on the odd Occasion she is quite frankly USELESS and tells you to email. I proceeded to send about 30 emails over the course of a week to which I was told the bike was damaged and a refund will be issued. This company is a joke the owner does not care, nor is there any customer service. AVOID AT ALL COSTS you have been warned. If I had seen the full extent of reviews before buying I would never have chosen them! They have been subject to Watchdog investigations in the past and also have been reported to trading standard."
"Great Performance"
"Bought my db 125 from these clowns, was promised the paperwork that i needed to register the bike, but never came, i have phoned them on the odd occasion they answered they promised that the paperwork would be sent within a few days, but have still not come, have emailed them three times, they did get back once and again promised that the paperwork would be sent, but am still waiting, have now asked for a refund and surprise surprise they have not got back to me, i once spoke to a young lady on the phone i asked her a few questions like could i have the managers phone number her voice went very low and she would not give me the number because she would get into trouble, she sounded quite scared. SO KEEP AWAY FROM DIRECT BIKES, THEY ARE NOTHING BUT COWBOYS."
"Firstly you have to register it yourself, takes forever and it seems by doing that Direct Bikes are not accountable for the potential death traps they peddle. . I bought the DB 125-19 in October 2016. Worst decision I ever made, I had it serviced at 300km 1000km then with 1200km on the clock the accelerator cable snapped whilst doing 55mph on the a414. When I eventually found a garage who would even look at the bike the mechanic took one look at my brand new scooter and just shook his head in pity. 1300km exhaust guard fell off 1370km rear mudguard came undone 1400km centre stand dampener fell off causing an unbearable squeak. 3000k Service back brake pads are worn due to capilar falling apart, exhaust rattled needs replacing, rear shocks blown needed replacing, front wheel bearings were broken, rear tire bald, new tire needed. Steering bearing notching needed replacing. 3400km Broken down on way to work pick up coil burned out. Cost of repairs £870 in all plus 3 services at an additional cost of £320. I was advised by the garage to sell the bike as the build quality was so poor as to be dangerous. I knew from very early on that the aftercare department was non-existent they simply washed their hands of me when I tried to contact them to use my so called 1-year parts warranty (labour not included) they simply ignored me, don't bother trying to contact them it will just stress you out. Please do not fall into the trap I made of thinking that the bikes were a bargain for the money, it's a false economy and the bikes are simply dangerous."
"Ordered scooter on Friday, came Monday. Very good value for money. Thanks Direct Bikes"
"I bought a bike from them and within 200km the whole thing started to fall apart. It wouldnt work in the rain. Bolts sheared off. Gaskets failed. Exhaust fell off, i could go on... This was all after it had been to an approved garage! When asking for warrenty claim they fobbed me off by blaming their own recommended mechanics. Eventually took them to court and got my money back. Stay well away from these people. They want your money and then they vanish."
"""scooter took over a month for delivery and when it finally arrived it was not registered with the dvla or hmrc, the paperwork is horrendous to complete and there is import TAX to be paid on it too that they don't tell you about, so if you're in the process of getting a bike from them THINK AGAIN they are BAD"
"""scooter not registered"
"""I've given direct bikes 1 star, as they did refund my money back promptly. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework when I purchased the bike. My first call to them I got straight through & spoke to an american lady who took my payment & said the bike would arrive in three working days. On the fourth day I try to phone them no joy. I tried to phone them on next day & so on. 7 days went by so I emailed them, they eventually emailed me back & said it has been dispatched & to contact the courier. The courier hadn't received it. 2 weeks on they still hadn't received it. By this time I had enough & cancelled my order. Thank god I did, as I later discovered that their bikes are rubbish. I have just bought the new Lexmoto FMX. Fantastic!!!!"
"I got a bike on Aug this is a follow up sent in papers to dvla got them back over the nova number well thanks to direct bikes they sorted it got a email of dvla saying it's done after 2wks paper work gone in for reg this week I can say direct bikes have helped me throu out this thank you"
"we brought a bike for my son to go to college, after trying to regester it with the DVLA they sent all paper work tell us we needed a NOVA ref number before we could continue, after 2 weeks of try to get this from direct bikes , we have got nothing no help.. so we have a bike we can not use unhappy to say the least"
Direct Bikes is rated 2.70 based on 54 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!