DFS Reviews

19% of reviewers recommend DFS

Tell us how DFS made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
"staff have no customer service skills .totally UNPROFESSIONAL . BULLYING TACTICS ,plus staff do not have any knowledge off the furniture they sell. never been so disgusted in my life!"
Are you DFS? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Disgusting company will never buy again from them DFS dear f...... Sofas and not a care in the world for their customers Rubbish quality 😡"
"The worst customer service ever nobody wants to help why have a store if you do not want to assist. Preston shame on you"
"When you buy in the store they cannot be more helpful but when you have a problem they don't want to know - had our suite for 4 weeks already worn - someone came round and they had no intention of changing it - they are the worst company I have dealt with they are artificial liars - they have no care at all - do not buy from them you will regret it - be warned."
"Hi everyone iam just telling you don’t waste time dfs reasons why did today feedback was absolutely not good customer service"
"I bought a DFS sofa and had it 8 weeks when the armrests collapsed they did come out and fix it but it was cardboard inside! The frames are shoddy and they won't last. I have now got an Indigo sofa which is solid hardwood frame and real leather not the plastic coated stuff you get from DFS which are over priced."
"What DFS HIDE about leather sofas Hi We had two sofas delivered and within two hours reported a problem to DFS/sofa had scratch marks on the front of one of the sofas. Took about 10 days for a service rep to visit and he said they were natural markings. One being two foot in length. I queried this at the time saying if these marks were all over the sofas would this be acceptable and he said YES. He said he would send report to manufacturer and in a weeks time he would ring me with the outcome. He also said depending on the result, that would be the end of the matter ( a veiled threat) In other words if they agreed with him we were stuck with the sofas. I asked for a report about this meeting,the service manager refused saying it would not be possible. Service Manager also said we would have been advised about such marks by the sales staff/we spoke to three different sales staff and no one mentioned about scratch marks on the sofas being two foot long as acceptable. So beware if you have two foot long scratch marks all over(everywhere) on your sofas that's ok according to DFS. I sent an email about the meeting to DFS Hedge End store basically complaining about what was said. Store manager ignored my email but said he needed to visit to examine the sofas himself. I refused, saying one visit should be enough. I asked for the manufacturers report. This I found out afterwards was never sent, even though the service mgr pointed to his phone and said it was sent ? It was a lie. The store manager also told me he was waiting for this report, but that was a lie also. The Area Sales Manager has advised us it was never their intention to mislead or lie. He offered us a hamper as some kind of goodwill gesture. We did not accept this as felt it was not appropriate to the situation we found ourselves in. We have since had the sofas removed as we had quoted the Consumers rights act 2015. The only time I got a proper response from the store manager about my emails was once the sofas had been picked up. This was the same for the area sales manager. Which I said at the time to them was very strange. DFS at no stage denied anything we said was untrue. DFS only seemed to want to communicate with us once the sofas had been removed. The inspection by the service manager was orchestrated to get a desired result in favour of DFS, but was actually a sham from start to finish. DFS were not at all bothered about our concerns. We are now waiting to hear back from BBC Watchdog regarding this complaint as DFS are now ignoring our emails."
"Multi coloured leather. Dye transfer. 3k peace of Chinese junk. Won't be going back. Will find a small British manufacturer. Ripoff"
"Multi colour poor quility with dye transfer. Cheep Chinese junk. 3k won't be going back will find a small British firm."
"My wife and I purchased a 2 seater Enzo sofa, at DFS Eastbourne, on 6th November 2018, for a half price figure, in a Sale, for £289. As my wife has back problems, she sat on the sofa, in the store, for about half an hour, while I went shopping and she felt satisfied that the cushions gave adequate support, so we went ahead. There was a few weeks wait for delivery and a new sofa was finally delivered on 5th December and it seemed OK. However, 2 days later my wife felt the seat part of the cushion was becoming quite soft and appeared to sink quite a lot and not settle in a satisfactory way, when she got up. We telephoned the company and they sent an inspector to check, on 11th December. Unfortunately, my wife was out at the time, so I tried to explain the problem, which affected her more than me, as I don’t have back problems. The inspector, advised he would report back to the store and felt an upgrade might be appropriate. Not having heard back from them, I phoned next day, 13th December and was told the inspector’s report indicated there were no problems. We didn’t agree with this, so went around to the store in the afternoon, to discuss with the assistant sales manager. We were shown what the upgrade would be like, at an additional charge of £79, but my wife was unable to feel any difference, between that and the original. We had the standard cushion filling, which is apparently 30% density and the upgrade is 36%. We were still dissatisfied, so asked for sofa to be collected and our money refunded, which they refused. In view of this, we sent in a complaint to the Furniture Ombudsman and not long after, the manager came to our home and repeated that there was nothing wrong with the sofa, but maybe not suitable for my wife's back problem. As a result of the Ombudsman being involved, we were offered for the sofa to be returned to the store and our money refunded. However, we found a small firm of upholsterers down the road, who were able to fit a firmer foam into one of the cushions, which has proved satisfactory, at a cost of £60. The matter has now been resolved and we are keeping the sofa, but feel such a large company should have facilities to have a larger range of cushion foam, to meet the needs of different types of customer."
"Bought recently leather corner sofa for £1600 after 2 years you can feel every wood panel under cushions.Speak with customer service and they can't do nothing with it.So only way is to throw to the skip. DFS sofa last only two years.Sure never gonna buy sofa from DFS again."
"Went to local store (Derry) to look and try out furniture eventually decided to buy the Delamere range. 4 seater, 3 seater, Chair and footstool costing £2663 this was at half price, not cheap now back to full price of over £4000. Furniture was delivered on the 17th November 2018 just around three weeks ago and the cushion seats are going flat as well as the cushions on the pillow back part the arm of furniture are slightly padded and you can feel the wooden frame through it. Contacted local store for manager to tell me l wasn’t looking after the furniture probably that l have to take cushions of the whole furniture everyday to shake them and plump them up to keep them from sagging, to say l am disgusted is an understatement. The mental stress of spending your hard earned money on a suite of furniture that is not fit for purpose after three weeks is awful and for a manager of DFS store to tell you it’s your fault is an absolute joke and not what you would expect of a company who claim to be professional and making furniture for 50years. Very angry and upset customer."
"Brought a sofa from DFS, within 3 months it started to discolour, looks awful. spoke to DFS showed them pictures, said there was nothing they can do and that discolouration after a few months is normal. But spending £2000 on a sofa to wear like it has done after a few months is ridiculous!! I am shocked at the poor quality sofa I received and the even shocking customer service. Don’t use DFS!!!"
"Waiting 8 weeks for my sofa and was to get delivered on 29 Nov at 15.3. Gets phone call in morning saying van driver was late to work so sofa might be delivered late. I arranged for someone to be there to meet it so I said that's ok. 15.30 came and I get phone call saying driver has broken down (on really I thought) I get another call later saying they will deliver my sofa next Thursday which I said Is totally no good to me. If it was on a van that broke down why can they not just fix van and send it to me. Pure lies I believe."
"LIES, LIES & more LIES from DFS. History, 1st review 15-8-18 2nd review 29-8-18 3rd review 5-9-18 to which we recieved the DFS reply on 5-11-18 stating they would be more than happy to answer any questions, but again did not have our order details. We gave them a call on 12-11-18 and gave all the order details and was told all our questions from our last review would be answered in full within 48 hours and sent to us. By 23-11-18 we had not recieved anything from DFS so we gave them another call this time to be told, as we had recieved a full refund they had nothing else that they were prepared to say. Typical DFS put one thing in print for all to see trying to make out that they are a caring company but state the opposite out of site. If you take note a large amout of DFS Trustpilot good reviews are made before people have recieved their goods and the bad reviews are after the goods have arrived and the problems started to which DFS try every dirty trick in the book to get out of their responsibility. We have also noticed that only good reviews are given as a verified order ? WHY. Buying from DFS can DAMAGE your HEALTH and WALLET when things go wrong. They can be beat if you stick at them LIKE WE DID."
"We purchased two sofas from the Droitwich Branch nearly two years ago.However and although we were thrilled with our purchases an issue developed which gave rise to making contact with the General Manager for assistance and redress. He initially sent out a representative to examine and appraise the condition immediately. After a brief and civilised approach to resolution by all concerned in this Issue the issue was handled in an extremely fair and honest way by the General Manager Matt Fereday. He arranged for and rectified the position with expediency in a friendly and totally gentlemanly manner in the shortest possible time.Service delivery was just excellent. . We have never been dealt with in such a dignified and understanding manner by a company like DFS. We are therefore totally happy and grateful for the help of this team and have no compunction in recommending DFS to anyone considering purchase from this Company, Thank you Matt Fereday we appreciate your help in this matter and will be back in the future. Happy Xmas from us to you. Ray and Ros Rodden"
"This company have lied about delivery dates to get the order. Lied about delivery even when an sms was sent. A manager offered to lend furniture then never called back. And when eventually my sofa and chair turned up it was like will house furniture. How it was photographed and how it actually was a total mismatch. Spend with this company at your peril."
"Ordered paid cash damaged when arrived at store had to wait again complained they didn't seem bothered eventually got sofa it was sent out with a fault on it not heard anything from them would not recommend anyone to use Dfs"
"Overall have received great service, we purchased sofas over 4 years ago. We whad. Problem with the frame which broke (not sure how - over the holiday period and had visitors, and noticed one evening it had ‘dropped’ at one end - whereframe was broken). Did an online live chat/message, they passed mobile number over and had a call from the local store within the week. Appointment made for the service manager to call, was just expecting a quick visit to assess the frame and to make further arrangements. But service manager fixed it THERE & THEN in around 1/2 an hour, was really impressed."
DFS is rated 1.80 based on 89 reviews