DFS Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend DFS

How would you rate DFS ?

C Bell
"We are very pleased with our new sofa purchase. The ordering was easy and delivery prompt with polite drivers. The only gripe would be the floor protectors they charge you £30 for. Total rubbish and fell off after 2 weeks. We brought some from a diy shop in the end for £5 and they are still on 5 months later."
Chenee Psaros
Unverified Reviewer
"Appalling customer service and incompetent staff! Avoid the Tottenham Court Road store and DFS at all costs. Conflicting site survey, delayed delivery, poor communication all round, and finally wrong order delivered. When complaining to the store manager he was agressive and patronising. He told me it was “pointless” and a “waste (of) my time” to complain to head office, it turns out that he was right!"
"Insurance is a waste of money. Called Guardsman, their insurers out and fresh pet scratches are not covered. This was not explained to me when I was sold the insurance. Also pretty shoddy leather. Will not be fooled by this lot again but £1000 out of pocket. Grrr!"
Claire Henderson
Unverified Reviewer
"Ordered sofa on a 14 day delivery to be more than 2 weeks from ordering still no sofa and 4 different delivery dates given and changed!!! To be told there is nothing they can do but wait untill it is made. Not acceptable"
"Very poor tracking, over a week late in arriving."
"Awful company. We bought sofas in September 2017. We paid to have the sofas treated against stains. We paid for Guardsman cover, which we were told would cover us for any accidents or stains. In December, we realised that there had been some dye transfer from cushions on the sofas. We contacted Guardsman, only to be told that we weren't covered. We contacted DFS and they don't want to know. We don't believe that the sofas were treated against stains, or why would they stain so easily. We were also missold the Guardsman protection, as we were told we were covered for stains and we aren't. Awful, awful. New sofas that are completely ruined. Even though we paid for things to cover against these problems, DFS say that won't do anything (apart from to replace the affected fabric, at only a fraction less than we paid for the two sofas in total)."
Habibur Rahman
"Terrible,terrible experience.I placed my order in October2017 and promised to deliver by Christmas2017.They also advertised if you buy now it is guranteed delivery before christmas.Guess what,when i got my delivery? End of February2018 after lot of phone calls.My question is that,why customer has to go through that,when he or she paying for it.Their system & service is DISGUSTING.NEVER will buy anythig again. By the way i was given £50.00 as a goodwill gesture which is peanuts compare to £2500.00 and three months later delivery."
"Received a text about my order and a telephone number to call back on. But I didn’t have any missed calls... I rang them after work and was on hold for quite some time, only to eventually be told their offices are now closed. Bravo! If your closed don’t let people into the queuing system and answer all calls that make it in before heading home."
Stefania Tamborrino
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible experience with DFS that still hasn't been resolved 2 months later. I ordered a sofa bed, armchair and footstool and a king size bed frame with a mattress. I had problems with both the sofa bed and the bed frame. The sofa bed had stained cushions covered in watermarks. Turns out there was a leak on the delivery van and many items of furniture got wet, still after their 4 point inspection they still delivered me filthy goods. Ive had a sofa bed here for over 2 months that I've not been able to use because it hasn't got the cushions and DFS have still after 2 months failed to replace them for me. My bed frame arrived and was put together so shoddily that i could move the frame back and fourth with one finger (the bed should be solid). Service manager came out twice, on the second visit he was shocked at how this item was put together. Vital parts hadn't even been tightened, the bed could have collapsed and the safety of it was completely compromised. The service manager tried his best and had to use his OWN parts to repair a brand new bed. Needless to say it doesn't feel brand new, especially because parts were added that are not manufacturer parts. I had the displeasure of dealing with one of the rudest, arrogant, unprofessional and ignorant store managers I've ever had to deal with in my life called Chris from the Morden branch that after 5 weeks of dealing with me still didn't have a clue regarding my issues (i had sent photographic evidence to him 5 weeks earlier and called the store every week). This ultimately resulting in me insisting on dealing with an area manager from head office, only to be contacted by the same rude manager and told "area managers don't deal with customers and they are not going to do anything that i can do better" (this is after 5 weeks of having to deal with his terrible team and STILL not getting anything resolved). But he had a point because i was contacted by an area manager called Isaac who sounded very sympathetic and said he would get the issue resolved. This was over 3 weeks ago and i haven't heard from him or anyone else since. I am now going to have to get some legal advice. DFS have caused me a great deal of distress and they don't care. They do not have a dedicated team to del with customer complaints, you will always be passed from pillar to post. The only genuine help and concern I received was from a weekend member of staff at the Morden branch called Jade who is an asset to this shoddy company. Avoid DFS like the plague, after years of loyal custom they have treated me like rubbish and goodness knows when my issues with be resolves. All that excitement of buying new furniture has gone out the window and I'm just filled with regret."
David Morgan
"Promise delivery then keep changing the delivery date and not just by a day or two but weeks."
SAJJANRAJ
"Wanted to deliver the furniture in march when bought in december - was assured can be accomodated around our planned holiday in march - only to find out that it wont be. Disappointed"
"I purchased a corner sofa and arm chair from DFS. The end cushion on the corner sofa does not fit the frame of the sofa and the cushion overhangs by about a hands width. I got someone out to look at it and was informed that it will take 6 months or so to settle, can't believe I fell for that. 6 months later the cushion is still overhanging and has not 'settled'. I sent an email to DFS with pictures of the sofa and I have a written response from DFS stating that 'the cushion is overhanging by quite a lot'. So, I got DFS out again to look at it. They told me in person that he could re-size it but would need to to check with a supervisor. This was 2 weeks ago and after 2 emails asking for an update I have had no response. After doing a bit of research I can see they have a lot of complaints to respond too which may explain the delay."
A Perry S Forrest
Unverified Reviewer
"Racist remarks hostile manner 16 months of broken promise to scarred to go to bed after remakes by dfs staff"
"Very pleasant and helpful salesperson. Very satisfied with my purchase."
Chris Thomas Credator48@hotmail.co.uk
"This suite which was a 3 seater /2 seater and a chair plus a large.stool in black made in italy it was del on time and the guys were very good they got it in the house and off they went it look very good but it was made in China which we did not know about until there repair man told us,he had come round to sort out a problem with the seats which were good for a while but went again and again the last time they sent some one he jammed 3/4 lumps foam under the springs it did not last a week they just fell out and l give up with dfs until l see there new advert. they need a few good upholster not the cowboys l have seen"
"For anyone considering buying a new sofa or suite from DFS, when I purchased my suite at £3807 I was told if I had a problem with it, the frame, springs or cushions, someone would come and repair it while it was under the 10 years guarantee (now 15 years). In reality the guarantee is worthless as it only covers the parts that are less likely to wear out the frame & springs under the cushions, the cushions only get a 2 years guarantee and within 2 years they will have collapsed, so you’ll still be paying for it if you took the 4 years interest free option. Also they are now making suites where the cushions aren’t serviceable, i've just had the service manager here to look at my suite, I was told the cushions were out of warranty but as a goodwill gesture he cut open the fabric across the bottom of the suite below the damage seat and shoved some more foam in it above the spring to plump the cushion back up into shape. This was appreciated it has given the suite a bit more life expectancy, although when I purchased it I thought it would be good for the best part of the “ 10 YEARS WARRANTY “ as we are a retired couple. My advice is buy a cheap suite and replace it after 2 years, that’s what I’ll do next time I get one. And I don’t expect it matters who you get the suite from the guarantee will be the same worthless, so when the salesman tells you they have a 15 years guarantee read the small print."
"3 sofas I’ve had delivered, over a year, 2 arrived damaged, one looked good for about 3 months before it was creaking and the padding went really thin, after a worker going crazy with screws to tighten the frame up, it was still creaking, another workman come out, he said new padding is needed and a full frame check. The worker has since left the company and the sent out a different worker, I had to get rid of the rubbish left behind, the creaking is still there and the padding incorrectly fitted. In between all the sofas my carpets have been damaged. After more complaints, I’ve been offered another reslection or a refund. But the refund is minus £200 and minus the goodwill gestures meaning we lose about £600 in total. Customer services won’t do anything, as it’s got to be managers discretion. Who is a waste of space, along with his staff. I would avoid this company like the plague"
"Worst customer service ever. Was shown wrong sample colour on the store and got 3 seaters sofa rather than 2 on delivery day. When I complained to customer service. The salesman was found to document totally fake conversation with me . So, ended up with wrong colour, wrong size Sofa"
"After taking out a 3 year insurance plan, just under 2 years and the sette’s Material started to separate and the material has now completely failed. After advising DFS of this problem they said the insurance does not cover material defects. They offered to recover the furniture at half the price. After having a suite from just under 3 years I have purchased a new one from Marks & Spencer. Would never shop at DFS Again EVER!!"
Paul Richardson
"Waited 12 weeks for delivery which is standard.When items arrived(3 seat sofa,2 seat sofa and chair)all items had manufacturing problems,faults etc.Called DFS to complain and ask for a replacement and they have been the most unhelpful company I have ever dealt with especially the store manager who is adamant the items are acceptable.Still in discussions with Customer service who are not willing to help and are also dealing with the finance company who are trying to help.Appalling service."
DFS is rated 2.31 based on 30 reviews