Delay Repay Genie Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Delay Repay Genie

About Delay Repay Genie: Delay Repay Genie was developed with the sole intention of making it easier for rail commuters to claim compensation for delays and cancellations on their daily commute. We do this by providing a nightly email containing all the information needed to claim for compensation.

Tell us how Delay Repay Genie made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Fast, efficient method of making all-too-frequent compensation claims for delayed trains. Have recommended the service to several commuters."
"The new website look and feel and the emails have taken them backwards. Previously you could see the trains affecting your travel in a better sequence, so easier to use, and the emails didn't require opening to see that no trains had been impacted that day. Now there is a meaningless image at the top of the email that clogs the email 'preview'. Now its more and more clicks to do what was once a simple process. THUMBS DOWN"
"Very easy to use and extremely helpful in reminding me how many of my journeys are affected by SWR!"
"Great app, easy to use and as a regular user and sufferer of train services, saves the hassle of forms for each claim👍🏻"
"Since the change to DelayRepayGenie the platform does not work as well for particular routes especially HS1. The reporting is inaccurate as it will suggest that a train from Ebbsfleet to St Pancras is delayed, but in fact the train is on a loop from St Pancras to St Pancras via Ebbsfleet twice. It is extremely frustrating that what was a great easy to use and navigate platform as DelayRepaySniper has now become over complicated an unreliable."
"Good and fast feedback"
"Fantastic site. Great customer service. I really wish I had found this sooner"
"Useful service although the recent upgrades to the website are a big step backwards. Much harder to use than it used to be. Things that used to take one or 2 clicks now take 3 or 4 and its not intuitive."
"I've been very pleased with the service Delay Repay Genie offer, it makes it as easy as it could be to claim for the late trains, in fact I've recommended the service to friends and colleagues"
"In line with previous complaints concerning GWR's "Delay Repay" compensation offer I suffered the same lack of response as others have noted in the "Guardian" and other media. Last Thursday, 11th July, I caught the 19:03 from Paddington to Plymouth. It actually didn't leave until 19:25 due to its late arrival in Paddington. Due to mechanical failure in another GWR train on the same line there were a number of other holdups such that we did not arrive in Plymouth until 11:25, some 65 minutes late. By this time there were no ongoing trains to Cornwall so GWR arranged for all passengers to be taxied to their destinations. I was taken to Saltash, where I arrived at 00:05 - one hour and fifteen minutes after I should have done (10:50). I have applied to GWR's "Delay Repay" but am told today that my claim is "unsuccessful" because there was "no delay" . I have asked GWR to check its own records or simply check with Plymouth station. You can't really hide a train being 65 minutes late - or indeed the work enjoyed by the taxi drivers who then took some passengers all the way to Penzance !"
We are sorry to hear of the disruption you experienced on your journey.
Appealing the rejection you received is the right thing to do if you do not agree with the outcome of your claim.
If GWR still continue to decline your claim and you do not agree, you can always escalate your claim to The Rail Ombudsman who can provide free, expert advice.
We hope your compensation you are owed is issue to you quickly.
"Works well giving you an indication what you can claim on, it is your own responsibility to avoid misuse if not careful could end up claiming on conflicting or multiple journeys you could not possibly be on at the same time. With sensible use saves you having to take your own records. Suggest you log on at least twice a month to tag your claims."
"The delay repay genie team have lived up to expectations and more. I like so many others was put off by the chore of form filling for every claim. The delay repay genie has taken that away with a few clicks. I have recommended this service to friends and have nothing but praise for a first class customer service."
"Easy to register to site. Then for good price per month Delay Repay Genie take all hassle out of claiming for delayed trains. A few times recently the daily emails have been small and hard to read and on One occasion the train that was delayed didn’t have a claim button next to it so I was unable to claim. It must have been a system error."
"If you have a season ticket and suffer the nightmares of commuting on any UK train franchise then Delay Repay Genie is an absolute must... simply to make you feel better about forking out so much cash for such poor service. At least you're getting something back. Should get enough back this year to pay for 2 flights to Portugal... that's what keeps me going when I'm stuck somewhere on a cramped and dirty train carriage or stranded at Waterloo with 1000s of fellow commuters."
"One of the best app I have ever used. Highly recommended to anyone who commute by train and want to claim or track delays."
"Brilliant. Takes the hassle out of claiming for the delays. Thank you Delay Repay Genie."
"The technology is good and its easy to make a claim if you're a regular commuter. But if there are problems - which there always are because South West Trains are laughably awful - then you have to contact the train service yourself. Delay repay wont help with anything. So you might as well save £10 a month and submit your claims directly. I'm not sure the economics stack up."
As per our Terms and Conditions, after the initial submission of the claim, we will not engage with the Operator to chase compensation, query delays or reasons for rejection, this is the users responsibility. We are always happy to offer advice regarding claims and any correspondence you may receive.
"I love delay repay genie, its very helpful and helps me to organise my claims."
"Delay Repay Genie is a must- have for anyone on the daily commute. Easy to use and with various tariffs available there’s a package for everyone. Just let DRG do the hard work and sit back and watch your repayments go straight to your bank account."
"As an annual season ticket holder, this service is great as once you’ve taken a few minutes to set it up, it does all the work for you when you’ve had those annoying delays. Really takes all the work out of it and stops you missing out on a valid claim. Can’t recommend it more. Dead easy"
Delay Repay Genie is rated 4.63 based on 319 reviews