Decathlon Reviews

Decathlon have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

87% of reviewers recommend Decathlon

Canada Water Retail Park,Surrey Quays Road

Category:
Sports & Leisure

Telephone

How would you rate Decathlon ?

"Worst online shopping experience ever! I purchased something for the first time from Decathlon online. After they took the money from my bank account, I suddenly received an email from them that my order was cancelled because the desired item is out of stock. Why is the item showing as still available on the website when it is actually out of stock?! It just shows that there are some severe internal and technical issues on their website. Definitely not reliable and worth to buy anything from there again. This was the first and last time that I will ever buy anything from Decathlon. I would never recommend them to any of my family and friends."
"God awful experience regarding returning a t shirt and getting a refund. I was considering buying a bike from you but absolutley no chance now after the fiasco with this return. I'd never buy anything from you online again."
"Bought Surf Paddle online, Ref 2226683 - PALA O REMO AJUST CARBONO 99,99 € - Victory Surf Paddle - which was reduced from 149€ to 99€. Order placed 29th July, credit card debited for 99€ the same day. 5 days later, Decathlon decided to cancel my order - for 99€ - and put the price back on their website to 99€. They claim "website problems". The paddle was for 99€ on decathlon spain and decathon germany. On both websites the paddle is still available for 149€ only that they don't want to honour orders. SHAME ON DECATHLON - BAD CHEATERS AND DISHONEST. Image this happening on Amazon. Stay away from Decathlon!"
Choice of Products
Speed of Delivery
Value for Money
"From ordering through to delivery - excellent! Thank you. Some problems initially, but received excellent customer service when the operator communicated with a good command of the English language."
"currently been waiting for a delivery of a bike for a week and a half. delivery not arrived when expected and put back a day, failed to arrive the next day and no message for update this time. Received a message suggesting will be Monday (1 week and 2 days after ordering) didn't arrive! called customer service after calling local branch for number because website saying this whole time lines are down! On hold for 7 minutes and the lady apologies and says will be the next day! Guess what still not arrived, on phone now for the second time for over 9 minutes before it just cuts out."
"I ordered an Olaian 500 Body board on 17/06/18. It was delivered on time, but after unpacking I found 2 dents in the board. I returned the board at my expense on 06/07/18 expecting to have postage costs re-imbursed. This has not happened so far. A replacement board was delivered today 16/07/18, it also is damaged, which was evident without unpacking so I refused to accept it from DHL. To return the item, Decathlon ask you to complete a return statement form (2 sides of A4 = 2 x pdf files) take pictures of damage (2 x jpg's) and also a picture of the delivery details on the package. (1 x jpg). On the 'Contact Us' Form maximum file attachments is 3. (I have 5 to send) The file upload wouldn't work, so I couldn't send any of them, and your Customer Loyalty Team phone number is either not working or no one answers it. Is it any wonder that I think your customer satisfaction feedback is very poor."
Speed of Delivery
"I bought online a present for my son birthday on 8th July, it was suppose to be delivered on 11th July, but it wasn't dispatch yet... My son birthday is tomorrow.."
Value for Money
"Decathlon has got a VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! SORT IT!!!!"
"Great team, very helpful. Products were good quality and at a great price ."
"Nice quality products and nice shops."
"I've just received my order of a riding T-shirt and a pair of breaches and have to say I'm extremely pleased :) Lovely quality products that actually fit properly and feel lovely."
"DOMYOS : Request n° 275159. We seem to have been fobbed off/ignored.We bought a running machine 3 months ago from your Warrington store, it has broken. We have been waiting for over 2 months for a repair or replacement. A technician came to our house and left, saying he did not have parts 3 WEEKS ago! Now, despite several emails we are being ignored. This is VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. The machine was over £500 and we cannot use it or move it. Please get on this today. DOMYOS : Request n° 275159."
"great quality and prices, own brand products fantastic value with 2 year warranty cant go wrong."
"Good service and good prices. I like the idea that they have delivery."
"It was fast and with no problems!"
"Good quality products at affordable prices"
"Nothing against their Stores, their staff or their products but my experience of their on-line delivery does not inspire confidence. The Tracking record for my delivery is the worst I have ever seen. It was supposed to go from Birmingham to Bristol and out for delivery. I still do not know when I can expect delivery, or worse still having been passed around so many wrong destinations, what condition it will be in when it eventually arrives."
Ease of use of Website
"Utterly pathetic. Purchased online for someone else to collect from store. Details of who is collecting the item submitted as part of the order. Order confirmation email then states the card used to make the purchase will be required. Rang store (five times) to query this - the phone line simply doesn’t work. Rang customer services (twice) to query this - they can’t hear you! No one else I’ve phoned has had difficulty hearing me! Emailed customer services and they chose to ignore the query and issues with phone numbers. Their bright idea is for me to call customer services!! It would also be helpful if an order placed in an English store had English speaking customer support. Then again their website claims they’re going to open more ‘countries’ so what chance have you got! Rating them woeful would be generous."
"I Purchased Domyos T520A Treadmill on 12th Feb 2018 from Decathlon Store at "Motera (City : Ahmedabad, State : Gujarat, Country : India) for 39, 999 and 400Rs delivery charge, Total : 40, 400 Rs. Bill/Order No : 70144801/0003323, Decathlon ID :[protected]. It was delivered and Installed Next week around 20th FeB 2018. I used it the next day and it stopped Powering on when I paused it. I called Decathlon aftersales service Representative Abhijeet and he sent a Repair Tech who identified There is Power issue with the Treadmill and advised Abhijeet(decathlon rep) to replace the Treadmill. There is a dent on the body part as well. Abhijeet informed me that they will replace treadmill next day. But on the next day he called and said they are going to repair it. The same Repair tech who advised to get it replaced was forced to repair it. I encountered the same problem few days back. I called abhijeet but he did not bother to listen to problems I am facing this time and was rude. He tried to monopolize the conversation and I had to disconnect call as he was not even ready to listen to the issue. Apart from the power issue, treadmill hits the ground with a bang sound when I lift it down, it takes forever to show the Pulse which should not take more that 5 secs. At times I feel it is a little shaky while walking/jogging. My dad is 70years old and have a heavy body. He is using it for walking and I cant take a risk of repairing it one more time and be doubtful that this problem will reoccur. At his age he will not recover if he encounters bone or head injury if treadmill looses power suddenly while he is working out. Neither abhijeet nor Decathlon Motera branch gives a damn about safety of our lives and I have sent a complaint to Domyos(Treadmill manufacturer) as well with No response. I am well within 90 days of Store Return policy to get the product replaced or get the money back but Decathlon does not give a damn about it. They will not replace a product which is defective from Day 1. What a pathetic Post sales service. I feel like I have been looted by White Color thieves wearing Suit and Tie and speaking fluent English working for Gang Decathlon. Decathlon Website shows the 90 Days return or exchange policy : In store warranty(Read section "RETURN AND EXCHANGE POLICY FOR PRODUCT(s) PURCHASED AT STORE") : https://www.decathlon.in/c/63-return-exchange Read Section "Replacement Policy" : https://www.decathlon.in/c/3-terms-and-conditions-of-use Product Details : https://www.domyos.in/t520a-treadmill-id_8491333 I sent an complaint email to Treadmill Manufacturer Domyos : https://www.domyos.in/contact I have attached the pictures of my Treadmill when Repair tech opened the machine for repair and picture of dent on the body part where there is motor underneath it. I am done dealing with Decathlon and need my full money back including delivery charges."
"Always great offers."