Debenhams Plus Reviews

Debenhams Plus have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their delivery, returns process and refunds. Full Insights

11% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Plus

Categories:
Computers & Laptops
Electrical
Sound & Vision

How would you rate Debenhams Plus ?

"Got a cooker for my mother in law who is 84 years old the reason I bought the cooker as it was easy for her to use, first the cooker was delivered, I had asked for her old cooker to be taken away which was done and the wrapping to be taken away which was not done when I phoned about the wrapping not being taken that I paid for they did say they would send someone out but told them not to bother. My mother law arranged for the qualified electrician to connect the cooker up it was working for a total off 7 days then 2 off the rings stopped working so called Debenhams plus was told the connection at the back must be the problem our electrician came out at a charge and said the connection is fine so phoned back Debenhams plus and they said that someone from Debenhams plus would come out who did and said it was the connection to my elderly mother in law,I then phoned up which was a total joke who really were not interested said they didn’t have the report from there guy and they would be in touch, two weeks still nothing phoned again to told it was wired wrong got the qualified electrician out yet again at a charge and he said he would do a report if they want that the cooker is wired correctly, phoned them yet again and now Debenhams plus are asking for a picture of the back of the cooker,my mother in law has now had a bill for £78 from this company, its a total joke, my wife has cancer and I don’t need all this added stress over a brand new faulty cooker don’t buy from this company it really is disgusting service I can’t believe Debenhams is connected to this awful company do not buy be warned."
"Mobile phone buyers BEWARE Firstly, I thought I was buying from Debenhams when in fact Debenhams Plus is actually ‘Buy It Direct’ Placing my order for a Samsung A5 2017 was quite straight forward plus there was good communication with regards to delivery. It arrived on time. However, when I opened the parcel the box containing the phone had had the manufacturers security label removed and another label had been placed over it. I have had quite few new phones from different suppliers over the years and all the security labels have ALWAYS been intact. I phoned Samsung Support and the gentleman I spoke to told me if I had bought a NEW phone the Samsung Security label should NOT be tampered with. There is a risk it could have been compromised in some way, or a used or returned phone or refurbished one. He advised me to RETURN it and insist on an unopened one or find another supplier. I then phoned Debenhams Plus, the man I spoke to told me they open the boxes for quality control purposes, WHAT!!! So Debenhams Plus have a person, whose job it is, is to open the phones boxes and check that Samsung have done their job correctly – I DON’T THINK SO – He said he would send me another but could not guarantee it would not be the same. A returns label was emailed to me and it was then he said it would take 3-5 working days for the parcel to get back to them then it will take another 2-3 days going through their depot before another one was sent out for their normal delivery, which initially I agreed to. However, after putting the phone down I thought, wait a minute WHY could they not treat my case with some urgency – I was in need of a phone and I could see this dragging on for nearly 2 weeks. I Phoned again and said I wanted to return it for a refund. This was no problem but I was then told the same thing regarding the time getting it back and then it could take 3-7 days before the refund to appear on my card. I am NOT very happy – I bought a NEW phone so I expected to receive a NEW phone – Everything was going well, I thought this company is really on the ball, I was impressed until I received a phone which had been opened and then to be passed off with a load of garbage plus to have to wait all that time to get my money back, my opinion changed - I made a formal compliant to Debenhams Plus and got NO REPLY - I then went to Debenhams Chief Executive and they did respond but said they were not responsible for this company but gave me store voucher as a gesture of good will !!!! I WILL NOT BE USING Debenhams Plus EVERY AGAIN."
"I ordered a large Tv from Debenhams and paid more for it than on other sites because I trusted the name of Debenhams. Big mistake, they don't give a stuff about their customers, was given 3 delivery dates, took 3 days holiday off work. Only to receive an email after email of sorry won't be there now. Even their head of customer service was terrible, avoid at all cost. Worst shopping experience I have ever had. They take your money and then you are helpless."
"ORDER TAKEN HOWEVER NEVER ARRIVED AND WAS NOT TOLD THAT IT WAS COMING. WE PAID EXTRA FOR A SATURDAY. COMPLAINED ABOUT IT AND WAS TOLD YOU CANT SPEAK TO A MANAGER."
"do not stand by their guarantee on products. very poor customer service, will not shop there again."
"Do NOT buy from Debenhams Plus!! I ordered a laptop with a large amount of memory and they have sent me the laptop with the incorrect sized memory and it is impossible to get hold of them. When you try to raise a complaint using the email address on their website, it bounces back! I have been trying to get hold of them for a month!!!! Shocking service - DO NOT BUY!!!"
"Delivery joke!! Paid for priority delivery only for it to be delayed a day - then for it to be cancelled! With numerous conflicting messages in between for delivery times! Cancelled my order in disgust! Debenhams would not refund me until they had confirmation from the delivery company! no fridge freezer and 2 children! Not happy and will not be using them again!"
"Don't touch these as they purposely mislead when offering delivery dates on there products. Offered me a Saturday delivery, sat in all day with 2 young children, when I called them they where never going to deliver that day. Yet charged me for sat delivery. They also rang me the day before trying to get me to sign up to a monthly extended warrenty, making our delivery was happening the following day when they had no intention to do so. Seems like a scam to get people signed up to extended warrenty. Stay away as it's a misleading sales tactic and a scam to get you tied into a warrenty before you have a product."
"Avoid buying gift card here as company will keep your money without a scruple when it expires. In my case the store assistance refunded money when I returned an items onto a gift card without advising me that it had to be used within a timeframe. When I tried to use it they told me that the card expired and so used this to justify keeping 90 euro of my hard earned money. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is effectively theft. They have taken my money without my consent in circumstances where they had the option to refund me in cash and did not because this is a strategy that they make hundreds of thousands of pounds enriching themselves at the expense of their customers. I will certainly never be shopping here again."
"They are completely useless, untrustworthy, and liers, I cannot believe that Debenhams allow them to use their name, do yourselves a favour and avoid them like the plague."
"Very Very poor customer service. Staff are very rude on the phone and seem to find customers difficult situations funny and reply very sarcastically throughout the phone conversation. Spoke to them twice on the phone and received the same poor level of customer service on both occasions. It really doesn't seem like a genuine company although i know it is. I wish i could give 0 Starts honestly, disappointed."
"I was given 5 delivery dates, each kept getting put back. After waiting 3 weeks I ended up cancelling because after calling them I learnt the item would not be in stock for a further 2 weeks. If I had known this in the first place it would take 5 weeks to deliver I wouldn't have ordered the Macbook and gone elsewhere in the first place. I needed this for work, I found it very irritating how terribly they managed my expectations by continuously giving me new dates over the 3 week period. Only reason I'll give it another star was the response was reasonable and those I spoke to were pleasant. However, after having this experience I won't shop here again."
"Bought a macbook air, best price and delivery i could find - miles cheaper than apple direct. Product arrived on time and communications were great. Highly recommended"
"Poor delivery time, I waited in all day and it didn’t arrive. They then promised another day and the driver didn’t leave the parcel, just a voicemail to pick it up from the delivery centre. I turned up there and they had no record. I have been waiting on the phone for over an hour for their customer services to answer. DO NOT USE DEBENHAMS DIRECT!!!!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID DEBENHAMS I ordered an american fridge freezer from Debenhams online.It was delivered scratched and it looked like a used item.I reported it to Debenhams several times and it was passed over to managers but not resolved.I asked for a refund or an exchange but I was only promised replacement doors and that was from the manufacturer not Debenhams. THE REPLACEMENT DOORS ARRIVED 1 YEAR AFTER PURCHASE . I BECAME DEPRESSED FROM THIS SITUATION AND DEBENHAMS WERE AWARE OF THIS BUT OFFERED NO SOLUTION. Do not ever purchase from Debenhams online as there customer service and resolution is appalling.They only want to take your money."
"As it turns out, if you do not report damage within 5 days of an item being delivered they will not exchange it. So if you have an item that has protective corners on it and you would need help to get it out the packaging and you can't check every single part of it within 5 days then it is too late and they won't exchange it. I would not buy from this company, there is no guarantee, you may as well buy something with a predisclosed fault from ebay."
"My complaints email. Good afternoon, I placed the above noted order on 15/04. I purchased this phone from yourselves for 2 reasons, firstly the delivery date was exactly what I needed and secondly because I trusted the Debenhams brand. The money was taken from my account straight away. I needed this phone on this date because I am going away and had to have it by today. I could have purchased it from Argos. But I put more faith in Debenhams as a brand. That was a mistake. So, £169 down, I received an email at 9pm the night before the delivery date advising me that not only won't it be coming today, the email didn't even provide me with a new delivery date. I immediately attempted to phone. Lo and behold, you're closed, so I can't even get hold of anyone to try and make other arrangements. I checked your site and the phone I ordered was out of stock. You sold me something, you took my money, you allowed me to pay for a product and the promised delivery date for something you didn't even have. As I said, I needed it by TODAY. So I had to do what I should have done in the first place. I ordered it online from Argos for delivery today. I have now paid £368 in total for a phone you agreed to sell to me for 169. I have been told that I will receive a refund... In 3-5 working days. I don't know what kind of wage they pay there but I actually can't afford to have someone else hold on to my money for a week. So after cancelling my order, I asked to speak to someone who could log a complaint for me. The agent I spoke to kindly transferred me through to customer services and this would be done for me. When I got through to the next agent I was very clear. I want to log a complaint. I explained the situation and he apologised. When I asked if I would receive acknowledgement of my complaint, he then advised me that he had ,"put notes on the system, but if I wanted to log a formal complaint I would have to do so online". Who are you even regulated by? I stated specifically that I wanted to log a complaint. Putting notes on, when I've asked to log a complaint is fairly extreme deception. How many customers have been under the impression they were raising a complaint and actually they're just putting notes on? I expect a swift response to this complaint."
"I bought a jumper who's neckband came detached 1st time on. I sent it back to warehouse by Royal Mail after difficulties with Hermes. THEY SENT IT BACK, hole intact saying it was NOT faulty. I was furious. I sent a photo to Customer Relations showing an obvious hole and they said they can't override the Warehouse decision. This is borderline criminal. My advice, DON'T BUY FROM DEBENHAMS ONLINE. Ther reviews are pathetic . Expose them. They need to be replaced pdq."
"Great customer service - polite, proffessional and efficient. Got my phone at good price when I wanted. Surprised at amount negative comments."
"fridge freezer faults from new did not want to except it back even with safety issues would prefer me and my house to burn down"
Debenhams Plus is rated 1.47 based on 242 reviews