Debenhams Plus Reviews

Debenhams Plus have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their delivery, returns process and refunds. Full Insights

11% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Plus

0871 984 1922

Debenhams PlusNeptune WayTrident Business ParkLeeds Road

Categories:
Computers & Laptops
Electrical
Sound & Vision

How would you rate Debenhams Plus ?

"They are completely useless, untrustworthy, and liers, I cannot believe that Debenhams allow them to use their name, do yourselves a favour and avoid them like the plague."
"Very Very poor customer service. Staff are very rude on the phone and seem to find customers difficult situations funny and reply very sarcastically throughout the phone conversation. Spoke to them twice on the phone and received the same poor level of customer service on both occasions. It really doesn't seem like a genuine company although i know it is. I wish i could give 0 Starts honestly, disappointed."
"I was given 5 delivery dates, each kept getting put back. After waiting 3 weeks I ended up cancelling because after calling them I learnt the item would not be in stock for a further 2 weeks. If I had known this in the first place it would take 5 weeks to deliver I wouldn't have ordered the Macbook and gone elsewhere in the first place. I needed this for work, I found it very irritating how terribly they managed my expectations by continuously giving me new dates over the 3 week period. Only reason I'll give it another star was the response was reasonable and those I spoke to were pleasant. However, after having this experience I won't shop here again."
"Bought a macbook air, best price and delivery i could find - miles cheaper than apple direct. Product arrived on time and communications were great. Highly recommended"
"Poor delivery time, I waited in all day and it didn’t arrive. They then promised another day and the driver didn’t leave the parcel, just a voicemail to pick it up from the delivery centre. I turned up there and they had no record. I have been waiting on the phone for over an hour for their customer services to answer. DO NOT USE DEBENHAMS DIRECT!!!!"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID DEBENHAMS I ordered an american fridge freezer from Debenhams online.It was delivered scratched and it looked like a used item.I reported it to Debenhams several times and it was passed over to managers but not resolved.I asked for a refund or an exchange but I was only promised replacement doors and that was from the manufacturer not Debenhams. THE REPLACEMENT DOORS ARRIVED 1 YEAR AFTER PURCHASE . I BECAME DEPRESSED FROM THIS SITUATION AND DEBENHAMS WERE AWARE OF THIS BUT OFFERED NO SOLUTION. Do not ever purchase from Debenhams online as there customer service and resolution is appalling.They only want to take your money."
"As it turns out, if you do not report damage within 5 days of an item being delivered they will not exchange it. So if you have an item that has protective corners on it and you would need help to get it out the packaging and you can't check every single part of it within 5 days then it is too late and they won't exchange it. I would not buy from this company, there is no guarantee, you may as well buy something with a predisclosed fault from ebay."
"My complaints email. Good afternoon, I placed the above noted order on 15/04. I purchased this phone from yourselves for 2 reasons, firstly the delivery date was exactly what I needed and secondly because I trusted the Debenhams brand. The money was taken from my account straight away. I needed this phone on this date because I am going away and had to have it by today. I could have purchased it from Argos. But I put more faith in Debenhams as a brand. That was a mistake. So, £169 down, I received an email at 9pm the night before the delivery date advising me that not only won't it be coming today, the email didn't even provide me with a new delivery date. I immediately attempted to phone. Lo and behold, you're closed, so I can't even get hold of anyone to try and make other arrangements. I checked your site and the phone I ordered was out of stock. You sold me something, you took my money, you allowed me to pay for a product and the promised delivery date for something you didn't even have. As I said, I needed it by TODAY. So I had to do what I should have done in the first place. I ordered it online from Argos for delivery today. I have now paid £368 in total for a phone you agreed to sell to me for 169. I have been told that I will receive a refund... In 3-5 working days. I don't know what kind of wage they pay there but I actually can't afford to have someone else hold on to my money for a week. So after cancelling my order, I asked to speak to someone who could log a complaint for me. The agent I spoke to kindly transferred me through to customer services and this would be done for me. When I got through to the next agent I was very clear. I want to log a complaint. I explained the situation and he apologised. When I asked if I would receive acknowledgement of my complaint, he then advised me that he had ,"put notes on the system, but if I wanted to log a formal complaint I would have to do so online". Who are you even regulated by? I stated specifically that I wanted to log a complaint. Putting notes on, when I've asked to log a complaint is fairly extreme deception. How many customers have been under the impression they were raising a complaint and actually they're just putting notes on? I expect a swift response to this complaint."
"I bought a jumper who's neckband came detached 1st time on. I sent it back to warehouse by Royal Mail after difficulties with Hermes. THEY SENT IT BACK, hole intact saying it was NOT faulty. I was furious. I sent a photo to Customer Relations showing an obvious hole and they said they can't override the Warehouse decision. This is borderline criminal. My advice, DON'T BUY FROM DEBENHAMS ONLINE. Ther reviews are pathetic . Expose them. They need to be replaced pdq."
"Great customer service - polite, proffessional and efficient. Got my phone at good price when I wanted. Surprised at amount negative comments."
"fridge freezer faults from new did not want to except it back even with safety issues would prefer me and my house to burn down"
"Paid £1,000 for a Samsung curved UHD TV when it was delivered. delivery driver plug it end checked the TV and took pictures everything seemed ok. We followed the instructions on assembling it and found out there was something wrong with the screen when we tried turning the TV in there appears to be a crack in the screen. We tried explaining to the customer service team. They are now saying because the driver took pictures it is our fault the TV got damaged. we will be contacting our MP and various consumer watchdog organizations to investigate."
"Sofa hasn't been delivered, we've been chasing them up for weeks, manufacture and delivery is subcontracted and they use a courier called Furdeco who are a disgrace. Debenhams customer service seem to be incapable of resolving issues and are contradictory with excuses. I wish I'd read reviews before purchasing as I would have shopped elsewhere. Also, they won't refund until delivery has been refused. But they seem to be unable to deliver either. Don't expect the same service you'd get in a Debenhams store, I'd suggest avoid buying furniture from them."
"I wished to purchase a laptop from their website and to discuss a price match promise on an identical laptop I saw elsewhere for only £10 less. I was advised on their web chat that they would not match it! I made a complaint online a week before Christmas and I am still waiting for a response. Passed from pillar to post. Promises promises promises. I work in local government and had I handled a customers complaint like this I would be dragged off to the Local Government Ombudsman."
"No Customer Service, don't exsist,"
"Got a Samsung Galaxy S7. It was delivered after two days by DPD. Good communication and great service."
"Wish I could give negative stars! A shambles from start to finish. Ordered washing machine to be delivered to my third floor flat and paid for old one to be removed! Delivery man arrives and informs me he will only deliver 1.5 flights of stairs so I can cancel or get someone to carry rest of way!! Same for removing old machine. My partner and son had to carry the new one up and the old one down - both injured their backs in process. On unwrapping machine was damaged in three places - but not in obvious areas so I called and they discounted £55. But - when I used it it leaked all over floor - there was a huge crater in the casing unit holding dispenser drawer. I called to arrange return and refund - £100 of payment was on gift card - they said they would refund the cash to my account but the gift card £100 would take up to 28 days to get to me!!!! Raging! But kept checking account for cash part of refund ...... days go by and nothing. I call again - they have mistakenly put ALL of refund on the gift card!!!!! They won’t be able to rectify till I get the gift card and call them AGAIN with the number on it! They have over £400 of my money and I had the machine for 2 days - and the CUSTOMER SERVICES manager says it’s not their fault!! Don’t buy from them under any circumstances!"
"I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing a faulty Indesit tumble dryer from Debenhams Plus and am not able to get a reply from customer services. The machine was delivered yesterday and smells of burning plastic when switched on and doesn't work. Trying to get it collected and a refund. I have spent well over an hour now waiting for a reply and am still hanging on."
"Ordered a PC monitor for my son for Christmas. Order was accepted and showing as dispatched the next day. Money was taken out of my account. 2 days later, no further emails. Checked order online and it states out of stock! So I emailed customer service team who confirmed it was out of stock and they would advise what date it would be delivered. At this point it was due to be delivered 18th December so I asked if that would still be the case, they confirmed it would be unlikely! So I cancelled the order. Ordered from elsewhere and received it on 18th as originally expected. Won’t be using these again. Should always, always read the reviews first!!"
"Do not expect the same service as a Debenhams store although they use their name especially to return goods that are faulty when delivered to you. Standard email from customer services to say that they will get back to you in up to 8 hours. Delivery on 1.12.17. Return of payment on 20.12.17 after many phone calls and emails. only got that when I went to chat room. Never ever use them again. I would rather pay a couple of pounds more and by from Argos, Currys etc that has good customer after care services."
Debenhams Plus is rated 1.49 based on 233 reviews