Debenhams Plus Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Plus
03AM
3AM

About Debenhams Plus: Visits Debenhams Extra for a huge range of TVs, home cinema and laptops. We also stock a wide range of Nursery goods and bikes for all ages.

0871 984 1922

Debenhams PlusNeptune WayTrident Business ParkLeeds Road

Categories:
Computers & Laptops
Electrical
Sound & Vision

Tell us how Debenhams Plus made you happy

"Bought £400 "gaming" laptop. Turned it on and it was struggling to run google chrome... Returns cost money so spent £14 to get it shipped back. Only to now receive an email that I would only get £30 refunded... What a joke."
Are you Debenhams Plus? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Took almost 3k then didn't deliver the item. Didn't tell us we had to call them."
"Ordered a tumble dryer to deliver to home on 28th December. Waited in all day just in case it did not deliver in the advised time slot, only to find they had not even bothered to put the item on the truck that day. A nightmare getting in touch with either Debenhams or Arrow XL. Still not idea when I will get this, so will have to cancel order and wait for them to be bothered to credit the money back to me. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY OR ARROW XL"
"Another scam to add to the others disgusting reviews below. How can a company like this be allowed to rip customers offs and not deliver to their terms and conditions. There customer service is shocking and no manager available to speak to. One for trading standards, what do I tell my son on Christmas day???????????"
"Avoid like the plague. Ordered a laptop the beginning of the month in stock ready to be delivered. Received an email a week later apologising for the delay but guaranteed delivery by the 21st December. Double checked this was the case and company confirmed delivery ready for 21st. Today delivery is the 28th after Christmas just told not in breach of contract even though they have taken my money. They were however happy to charge me more for an alternative. I feel sorry for families that may have budgeted for this and would not receive their money until after Xmas. PS don't use achward terminology like contract agreements and when they start quoting terms and conditions ask them which specific ones. Absolute clown shoes The amazing Donna is the chief of complaints any problems call 01484448906"
"Awful costumer service.Do not waste your time talking to them."
"Truly the worst company I've ever dealt with. I ordered an oven 3 weeks ago it couldn't be delivered due to the size of the van being too large for our lane. I had warned them of this but clearly this wasn't listened to. Since then I have chased every day for re-delivery without any indication of when it will be delivered. When I called to find out what was happening I was told they "would email the delivery company" which has done nothing. It has been down to me to find out what is going on. They couldn't wait to take my money but they don't want to deliver my goods. Absolutely terrible service - avoid at all costs"
"laptop buyers "BEWARE" Pathetic Customer service. seriously please please don't buy from here. i don't know why Debenhams does't take any action against them. they are destroying their name. Its a dodgy company even their real name is "Buy it Direct". they do not even stand by their guarantee on products. very poor customer service, will not shop there again."
"Awful. I purchased through Debenhams Plus only to find that Appliances Direct supplied the actual products. Debenhams Plus prices are higher than Appliances Direct's prices and there is no way to retrieve the difference, even though they are basically the same company. I went with Debenhams for the trust factor and needn't have bothered. I basically spent £80 more just for the pleasure of clicking 'buy' through Debenhams Plus and not Appliances Direct. Stick with AO and Currys is my advice!"
"Cctv system stopped working 5 weeks after fitting it and Debenhams do not want to know. I’m expected to pay to return it to manufacturer and be without cctv for 14 days while they mend it. Debenhams only offer help for 30 days."
"Got a cooker for my mother in law who is 84 years old the reason I bought the cooker as it was easy for her to use, first the cooker was delivered, I had asked for her old cooker to be taken away which was done and the wrapping to be taken away which was not done when I phoned about the wrapping not being taken that I paid for they did say they would send someone out but told them not to bother. My mother law arranged for the qualified electrician to connect the cooker up it was working for a total off 7 days then 2 off the rings stopped working so called Debenhams plus was told the connection at the back must be the problem our electrician came out at a charge and said the connection is fine so phoned back Debenhams plus and they said that someone from Debenhams plus would come out who did and said it was the connection to my elderly mother in law,I then phoned up which was a total joke who really were not interested said they didn’t have the report from there guy and they would be in touch, two weeks still nothing phoned again to told it was wired wrong got the qualified electrician out yet again at a charge and he said he would do a report if they want that the cooker is wired correctly, phoned them yet again and now Debenhams plus are asking for a picture of the back of the cooker,my mother in law has now had a bill for £78 from this company, its a total joke, my wife has cancer and I don’t need all this added stress over a brand new faulty cooker don’t buy from this company it really is disgusting service I can’t believe Debenhams is connected to this awful company do not buy be warned."
"Mobile phone buyers BEWARE Firstly, I thought I was buying from Debenhams when in fact Debenhams Plus is actually ‘Buy It Direct’ Placing my order for a Samsung A5 2017 was quite straight forward plus there was good communication with regards to delivery. It arrived on time. However, when I opened the parcel the box containing the phone had had the manufacturers security label removed and another label had been placed over it. I have had quite few new phones from different suppliers over the years and all the security labels have ALWAYS been intact. I phoned Samsung Support and the gentleman I spoke to told me if I had bought a NEW phone the Samsung Security label should NOT be tampered with. There is a risk it could have been compromised in some way, or a used or returned phone or refurbished one. He advised me to RETURN it and insist on an unopened one or find another supplier. I then phoned Debenhams Plus, the man I spoke to told me they open the boxes for quality control purposes, WHAT!!! So Debenhams Plus have a person, whose job it is, is to open the phones boxes and check that Samsung have done their job correctly – I DON’T THINK SO – He said he would send me another but could not guarantee it would not be the same. A returns label was emailed to me and it was then he said it would take 3-5 working days for the parcel to get back to them then it will take another 2-3 days going through their depot before another one was sent out for their normal delivery, which initially I agreed to. However, after putting the phone down I thought, wait a minute WHY could they not treat my case with some urgency – I was in need of a phone and I could see this dragging on for nearly 2 weeks. I Phoned again and said I wanted to return it for a refund. This was no problem but I was then told the same thing regarding the time getting it back and then it could take 3-7 days before the refund to appear on my card. I am NOT very happy – I bought a NEW phone so I expected to receive a NEW phone – Everything was going well, I thought this company is really on the ball, I was impressed until I received a phone which had been opened and then to be passed off with a load of garbage plus to have to wait all that time to get my money back, my opinion changed - I made a formal compliant to Debenhams Plus and got NO REPLY - I then went to Debenhams Chief Executive and they did respond but said they were not responsible for this company but gave me store voucher as a gesture of good will !!!! I WILL NOT BE USING Debenhams Plus EVERY AGAIN."
"I ordered a large Tv from Debenhams and paid more for it than on other sites because I trusted the name of Debenhams. Big mistake, they don't give a stuff about their customers, was given 3 delivery dates, took 3 days holiday off work. Only to receive an email after email of sorry won't be there now. Even their head of customer service was terrible, avoid at all cost. Worst shopping experience I have ever had. They take your money and then you are helpless."
"ORDER TAKEN HOWEVER NEVER ARRIVED AND WAS NOT TOLD THAT IT WAS COMING. WE PAID EXTRA FOR A SATURDAY. COMPLAINED ABOUT IT AND WAS TOLD YOU CANT SPEAK TO A MANAGER."
"do not stand by their guarantee on products. very poor customer service, will not shop there again."
"Do NOT buy from Debenhams Plus!! I ordered a laptop with a large amount of memory and they have sent me the laptop with the incorrect sized memory and it is impossible to get hold of them. When you try to raise a complaint using the email address on their website, it bounces back! I have been trying to get hold of them for a month!!!! Shocking service - DO NOT BUY!!!"
"Delivery joke!! Paid for priority delivery only for it to be delayed a day - then for it to be cancelled! With numerous conflicting messages in between for delivery times! Cancelled my order in disgust! Debenhams would not refund me until they had confirmation from the delivery company! no fridge freezer and 2 children! Not happy and will not be using them again!"
"Don't touch these as they purposely mislead when offering delivery dates on there products. Offered me a Saturday delivery, sat in all day with 2 young children, when I called them they where never going to deliver that day. Yet charged me for sat delivery. They also rang me the day before trying to get me to sign up to a monthly extended warrenty, making our delivery was happening the following day when they had no intention to do so. Seems like a scam to get people signed up to extended warrenty. Stay away as it's a misleading sales tactic and a scam to get you tied into a warrenty before you have a product."
"Avoid buying gift card here as company will keep your money without a scruple when it expires. In my case the store assistance refunded money when I returned an items onto a gift card without advising me that it had to be used within a timeframe. When I tried to use it they told me that the card expired and so used this to justify keeping 90 euro of my hard earned money. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. This is effectively theft. They have taken my money without my consent in circumstances where they had the option to refund me in cash and did not because this is a strategy that they make hundreds of thousands of pounds enriching themselves at the expense of their customers. I will certainly never be shopping here again."
"They are completely useless, untrustworthy, and liers, I cannot believe that Debenhams allow them to use their name, do yourselves a favour and avoid them like the plague."
Debenhams Plus is rated 1.45 based on 252 reviews