Debenhams Reviews

Debenhams have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

78% of reviewers recommend Debenhams
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

How would you rate Debenhams ?

"Waiting 20 working days for a £600 refund. Absmyl customer service #overdraftchargesrackingup"
"Hi i got a bra fitting in your glasgow store, as i measured at a 28 back there was no stock in store, i always come to debenhams and i was very dissapointed as i couldn't purchase any bras."
"Well their ordering system is a shambles, ordered 2 bridesmaid dresses. Within the hour they cancelled on but refused to stop the other and give me my money back until it had been shipped and returned. After days of chasing emails I finally got my money back through my bank being called. Don't bother making a complaint through FB they just bounce you about until you get bored and the complaints team at head office need a crash course in customer service. I've never experienced something so bar from such a big name I wouldn't be shocked if this was the next casualty on the high street considering the reviews. Remember Debenhams, customers are your lifeline don't treat them like dirt"
"Was charged £35 to change my address online or £50 with an agent. No change to polucy apart from that. Will not be renewing with them"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Will my insurance renewal be automatically when expire ?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I find it strange that it's called Debenhams insurance when it is nothing to do with the company, Eldon insurance just use the Debenhams name, maybe because it is a popular respected brand? Another point to note is before you take out the insurance certain things should be made clearer, such as unless you read the small print you will not know that you are NOT entitled to drive another vehicle, not even third party so if you are doing this right now YOU NEED TO STOP...because you are NOT insured this also applies to Go Skippy because it is the same company) also you should be made aware that you can only change your vehicle twice or your policy will be cancelled, and you will have to take out a brand new policy which means you will lose any no claims bonus you have gained for that year and also have to pay out again. I myself have not had any problems with them really but they are a little bit sharp on the phone, sometimes a little rude it's the same company that runs GoSkippy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Ordered Garden furniture online, then received a call from their supplier Mazur Rattan nearly a week later who said Debenhams had not updated their website stock before they advertised the blue cross sale, So the items I’ve ordered aren’t in stock and I will receive mis matching coloured furniture. Emailed Debenhams to complaint as it is their error to receive an email after a week that didn’t offer any help and had spelling mistakes! They have now not delivered my order by the date they had agreed and not informed me of the delay, called customer service who fobbed me off by blaming the courier company, even though the furniture hasn’t even been dispatched. Shocking service from this company, no one seems to want to help and take any responsibility. I won’t be shopping here again."
"All right.Tanks"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Nothing but praise for Jayne today, talk about going the extra mile to help customer, I've realised I've been wearing the wrong bra for years, left very happy indeed, may have spent money but left very happy indeed, many thanks to the friendly helpful lovely Jayne, see you soon"
"My daughter and friend had a Two Faced make up sitting for their PROM 4july 2018. Booked and paid in full in advance. Only to be told on the day that there was no one on the Two Faced Counter that day!!!! What the heck. Can’t get through to anyone on the phone why.???? The whole thing was a nightmare. I want a full investigation to happen over this after all @16 your PROM is something nearly every girls thinks of. So what went wrong.?.?.??."
"Terrible customer service. Slow delivery and faulty items. I've also had orders cancelled a WEEK after order date due to item being out of stock. When you try to contact them, all you get is a nonsense standard reply not answering your questions. Never again."
"Ordered some Clinique eyecare and can collect within 1 day of ordering."
"Thank you"
"Easy to navigate website and option to collect in store at my convenience."
"I asked a question via their query form. Good aspect - I had replies within 24 hours. I asked if a 'two pack duvet set' was truly a two pack or because it was reversible it gave two looks but there was actually only one duvet. I explained that I wanted to make curtains out of the duvet because there were no matching curtains available and I was trying to calculate fabric requirements. I expected them to check out if the web description actually matched the product. This was the reply: 'I understand your concern regarding the packaging of the curtains and would like to help you. I have checked the item on our website and can confirm that it is a pack of 2 curtains. I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to send two single duvet cover as its is a pack of bedding set. I can confirm that you can place an order for the item and if the item is not suitable for you then you can return the item for a full refund.' I wrote back saying the reply didn't make sense and that I had asked about duvets set and asked for the link to the curtains they referred to (in case I had somehow missed matching curtains). The next reply came saying yes, they understood my query but just best to order the duvets and get a refund (this contradicts the website that states bedding cannot be returned if opened). I was then referred to the 'wide range of curtains' on the website - none of which match the duvets. My guess is that there is a script used and key words are extracted from the query and inserted into a standard reply which then doesn't make sense. No attempt is made to actually understand or resolve the query. Each reply just encouraged me to buy anyway so just felt like a sales technique. This is a pathetic excuse for customer service. Very frustrating."
"Great sale items, in stock and delivered on time"
"The not good inshoronce company"
"they are very good"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"Easy process and quick delivery. Really pleased with it."
Kim
"Quick delivery from online order, no problem returning shoes as colour not suitable and almost immediately refund to my card. Managed to find an alternative in store in sale which also made me happy."
Debenhams is rated 4.10 based on 616 reviews