Debenhams Reviews

Debenhams have a Customer Happiness Grade of B. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

77% of reviewers recommend Debenhams
11AM
11AM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

How would you rate Debenhams?

"Very nice staff instore and great range of clothes. Excellent click and collect service."
Are you Debenhams? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Debenhams receives. Reply Now
"I went to new Watford Debenhams. I wanted to buy foundation from lancome. I went there several times there was no assistant to help me. When I asked the other staff if they can assist me to find the right shade they said they cannot help me. I thought to go next day, there was noone to assist me. I have been shopping in debenhams all the time. This was the awful experience. I am not going there again and I will tell my friends colleagues not to go there again."
"Lots of brands available online and easy to refund in store if you change your mind about something"
"Awful customer service. I ordered a wallet for a present which was guaranteed delivery by 5th October. On this date it never arrived. I then contacted Debenhams to chase the delivery and was assured that it would then be delivered on 6th October. I then received an email from Debenhams on 6th October to say my order had been cancelled as no longer available! I then contacted Debenhams yet again to explain my frustrations to say that it could be delivered to me but within 3-5 working days and for my troubles I could get free delivery....my order that was due by the 5th October was already free delivery!!! Shocking service. I am reluctant to use Debenhams again."
"24 th September a huge glassed display ,on a pillar advertising Urban Decay in the cosmetics hall , fell onto my head and shoulders as I was sitting being served with a YSL lipstick. Glass and heavy panelling cascaded around me, passers by stopped in horror. Staff response was appalled sympathy, mine was total shock followed by a painful bump on my head, a huge headache and sore shoulders. I was aware the situation may deteriorate if the headache got worse, a brain injury following head trauma can be fatal. As I’m a medic I decided to leave and visit Aand E should things worsen. I was going on holiday in 2 days time and wanted to be on my way. An accident book was duly signed and I was assured the incident would receive immediate attention and that I would be contacted as soon as I returned on 14 th September. Of course given the appalling maintenance standards resulting in a serious accident, no contact was made. I had given an email address and told the manager to use that , not a phone call. I want accountability for negligence to be recorded. I ended up with delayed shock and shoulder pain for the first week of my holiday. My enjoyment of shopping in a department store is forever tainted by a totally avoidable incident. The building is unsafe, one could die ! I’m lucky the glass didn’t scar my face or that I didn’t have a subdural haemorrhage,."
"refuse to honour offers. (Even though I have screenshots to prove it). Staff could barely string a sentence together, let alone try and help. Customer service are just as bad. Emailed the MD. cannot give zero stars...."
"Brilliant services"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 month ago
"ought an expensive 6 seater Efni Italian design dining table online after 3 month use table looks about 10 years old, wooden top is marking so easily all scratched and marked. Will never buy any furniture again from them. Went through all the appropriate complaints channels via them, then independant inspector and then regulator who advise sorry because no actual manufacturing fault there’s nothing they can do!! I loved this table when o found it after searching for months now wish had hadn’t found it as every day use means it looks terrible in my stunning new kitchen, angry and upset doesn’t cover it!!!!"
"Dining table looks terrible after 3 months use"
"Not sure Merry Hill know what customer service is as went to purchase a fit bit watch which I had and asked assistant tocheck if any other discount but he came back minus the watch to say mistake and not that price of which I have photograph off and was purchasing said he was new spoke to assistant on the till who also then said not a Debenhams product and priced wrong and could not have also have her name then I asked for a manager as I was purchasing the watch at the price that was on it and not to have it taken off me bit was informed manager on a break she then spoke to someone else who couldn’t be bothered to come to till point with a Rubinho story that they had to keep it for 24 hours and as I had travelled to the centre for a day out was not impressed. Await your response and will email you names and photos for your records"
"Do not buy gift cards or allow them to refund money onto Gift cards. In my case they refunded money onto a giftcard and I did not tell me that the money had to be spent within a limited period of time. When I went to use the card they told me it had expired. The store assistant failed to inform me of this. She could have refunded me cash but did not. This is a terrible failing on their part and it feels dishonest, a measure that allows them to keep hundreds of thousands of their customers money for nothing. In my case they have kept 90 euro of my money, effectively a days work! without my consent. I feel as if they have stolen it from me."
"I purchased some sunglasses from Debenhams earlier in the summer. One of the arms fell off approximately a week later. Unfortunately I failed to keep the receipt. I imagined I might be able to exchange for a new pair of sunglasses but was told no. These were clearly Debenhams own brand so I was naturally disappointed. More important to mention is that if the same situation arises with a pair of Boots sunglasses they will exchange. Very impressive customer service. Well done BootS"
"Waiting 20 working days for a £600 refund. Absmyl customer service #overdraftchargesrackingup"
"Hi i got a bra fitting in your glasgow store, as i measured at a 28 back there was no stock in store, i always come to debenhams and i was very dissapointed as i couldn't purchase any bras."
"Well their ordering system is a shambles, ordered 2 bridesmaid dresses. Within the hour they cancelled on but refused to stop the other and give me my money back until it had been shipped and returned. After days of chasing emails I finally got my money back through my bank being called. Don't bother making a complaint through FB they just bounce you about until you get bored and the complaints team at head office need a crash course in customer service. I've never experienced something so bar from such a big name I wouldn't be shocked if this was the next casualty on the high street considering the reviews. Remember Debenhams, customers are your lifeline don't treat them like dirt"
"Was charged £35 to change my address online or £50 with an agent. No change to polucy apart from that. Will not be renewing with them"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Will my insurance renewal be automatically when expire ?"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"I find it strange that it's called Debenhams insurance when it is nothing to do with the company, Eldon insurance just use the Debenhams name, maybe because it is a popular respected brand? Another point to note is before you take out the insurance certain things should be made clearer, such as unless you read the small print you will not know that you are NOT entitled to drive another vehicle, not even third party so if you are doing this right now YOU NEED TO STOP...because you are NOT insured this also applies to Go Skippy because it is the same company) also you should be made aware that you can only change your vehicle twice or your policy will be cancelled, and you will have to take out a brand new policy which means you will lose any no claims bonus you have gained for that year and also have to pay out again. I myself have not had any problems with them really but they are a little bit sharp on the phone, sometimes a little rude it's the same company that runs GoSkippy."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 months ago
"Could not help enough. Staff are amazing and go above and beyond"
"Ordered Garden furniture online, then received a call from their supplier Mazur Rattan nearly a week later who said Debenhams had not updated their website stock before they advertised the blue cross sale, So the items I’ve ordered aren’t in stock and I will receive mis matching coloured furniture. Emailed Debenhams to complaint as it is their error to receive an email after a week that didn’t offer any help and had spelling mistakes! They have now not delivered my order by the date they had agreed and not informed me of the delay, called customer service who fobbed me off by blaming the courier company, even though the furniture hasn’t even been dispatched. Shocking service from this company, no one seems to want to help and take any responsibility. I won’t be shopping here again."
Debenhams is rated 4.06 based on 629 reviews