Debenhams Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
8PM
8PM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

Tell us how Debenhams made you happy

"I found myself out off pocket due to a genuine mistake, I found them pushy and got a barrage of emails all saying the same thing but from different operators, definitely will not recommend, very poor company"
Are you Debenhams? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Manchester City Centre store horrible experience security watching right in front of you as browsing letting you know felt uncomfortable told manager on perfume section couldn’t care less attitude. Won’t be going back"
"Michelle was fabulous best bra fitting iv ever had. I visited your Middlesbrough store"
"The reason I went with this insurer was a £50 incentive voucher to be used in Debenhams. The net result of this was a policy which was slightly cheaper than any other available. It took two phone calls and numerous emails to actually get the voucher which I finally got six months after the policy started. I had three weeks left in which to use the voucher and I was unable to visit the store to redeem it."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"Bought my daughter a dress on the 7th for a party we are attending, she changed her mind and wants to go with something else she saw in store. I have tried to return the dress but my daughter has taken the tag off. I cant get a refund or store credit as there are signs of wear now that in mind my daughter had the dress on in the fittings rooms for around half an hour (this is the only wear) while the lovely assistant went to get shoes etc for her so she could see what it looked like as a full outfit, on arriving to the till the counter assistant noticed some marks to which my reply was it will be getting washed before wearing so it will not matter. Im very annoyed that im now left with a dress that has been bought in the same condition it was returned in minus the tags and no one seems to want to help very poor customer service both in store and on the phone Won't be shopping there again"
"I bought two dresses online on May 3. 1st dress was shipped on May 6 and 2nd dress was shipped on May 7. Both we being shipped to ROI. 1st dress was shipped with CAE and was in the Dublin depot since May 8. 2nd dress was shipped with myHermes and arrived in their sorting depot on May 7. Both dresses never arrived and I was promised a refund. I am waiting on this at the moment. First person I dealt with on their customer service was very nice and helpful. Second person was very rude, I wrote in about the dresses as they had not arrived on the final day, I received a reply at 16.30 stating that as it as not yet 18:00 should wait to see if they arrived at 18:00 that day. Considering both tracking numbers I received from Debenhams stated the dresses were still in the depots and hadn't moved I found this reply utterly useless."
"Very good insurance company"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Unable to return a faulty item that was purchased online. Customer services advised me that my details were not on the system anymore....how convenient! Will go to Wallis directly to get a refund. Won't be shopping with this shambolic store again."
"Excellent and efficient service yesterday at travel money in Trafford centre, Patricia was very helpful, patient and friendly."
"Excellent friendly service on cafe Food hot and tasted good"
"I feel I have to say that a young lady that helped me today Sunday 28/4/2019 in Southend needs to be mentioned. she was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. So thank you Sophie H xx"
"Went to Debenhams Cafe Birmingham, top floor, April 2019 on a Sunday afternoon. They didn't have 3 things on the menu. Most of the trays were dirty, tea stained or spinach on them. They advised they had no salad with the baked potatoe, yet when it arrived there was salad. The air con was blowing a gale and that was after moving 3 times. The serviettes were actually paper towels from the toilets! Oh and the cashier was miserable and not helpful at all. It was not busy. Don't think I'll be going there again."
"On returning a jacket bought from 'Phase Eight' Hereford Debenhams, I found the assistant Dee to be extremely helpful and understanding and exchanged the garment without hesitation. Thank you Dee and counter staff for your kindness and understanding."
"If I could give no stars I would. Ordered online and received the complete wrong item. When I spoke to customer services not interested at all told me I had to go other to the store get a gift card then order again. Absolutely awful won’t be using again."
"Once a great store My wife was in Luton Mall store with me yesterday to buy an expensive Guess watch. Serving shop assistant had to call another one to help putting right time and date which they actually refused to service me on. The one that came up was a female, dressed like she wanted to go to the night club, complete inappropriate and to me really disgusting. She was so rude and arrogant and always looking very angry at my wife that they had to set the date and time which they didn't know anything about. What a poor and horrible service. Go and get your staff some uniform and train them on customer service. It's not only Men your females have to serve."
"Delivery did not happen wrong email info sent did not reply to my email if I did not chase would be no wiser what’s happened to parcel they have your money you wait a month to get it back although told me I’m lucky gettibgvit quicker as I had called no recognition of customer being put out at all so sad as company not doing well would normally want to support but how can you when they cannot meet customer needs? Shall stop using them now sadly"
"Went for lunch at Debenhams in Nottingham market place on 9/4/19 & Was served by a colleague called Lance, he was rushed off his feet, but was pleasant, cheerful and couldn’t have been more efficient. An asset to your company."
"Purchased an iMac 27’ 5k Retina from Debenhams that developed major faults after 32 days ( 2 Days outside their refund policy). Reported it to Debenhams only to be told( quite rudely) they could do nothing and I needed to contact Apple for the iMac to be repaired. I did contact Apple and they were brilliant. Apple basically told me that my iMac was certainly delivered faulty - an hairline crack on the inside of the screen and logic board damaged. Apple replaced everything and gave me free Apple Care for my troubles. I discovered later that Debenhams electrical are supplied by a company called Buy it Direct ( Laptops Direct etc), this company is based locally to me and has a appalling reputation, I certainly wouldn’t have purchased my iMac from Debenhams if id have known this. I won’t be purchasing anything again from Debenhams again actually,lesson learnt. If you can’t get the simple things right, like decent customer service its hardly surprising Debenhams is going down the pan."
"I spent a fortune on a home delivery, I paid for 24 hour service,. Two days later I phoned to question where my order was, they refunded the 24 hour charge and said to contact them if I don't receive my items in three days. I still didn't receive my items so phoned again. They refunded my money and told me it be 5 days. 8 days still didn't receive my refund, phoned again I was told it was not processed and now it be another 5 days. Told the man I was not happy and I've been waiting for the money and spent a lot of money on calls. The man put me on hold for another ten minutes to be told I get a free 24 hour charge, disappointed, I was a loyal customer but I think I go to next instead now"
Debenhams is rated 3.97 based on 810 reviews