Data Recovery Specialists Reviews

04AM
4AM
Click Here

Tell us how Data Recovery Specialists made you happy

"Well and truly conned We instructed Data Recovery Specialists, Penarth Branch, to recover the data from our Maxtor portable hard drive. It had just fallen off the edge of a desk onto a carpet. That's all. We were charged £540 up front and a no data-no fee agreement. We received a parcel from Fields Data Recovery containing our Maxtor portable hard drive. It rattled with loose components inside. There was no letter or anything with it. This was not the company we had instructed, but when we contacted them they told us that Data Recovery Specialists outsource the work to them. Data Recovery Specialists are obviously not specialist enough to do the work themselves, so why are they calling themselves specialists in data recovery???We contacted Data Recovery Specialist and they simply said they could not recover the data. We asked for our money back. They said you can't have it back. We reminded them of their No data-No fee promise. The company officer replied you did not read the small print then. We feel we have been conned. I would not touch either of these firms with a barge pole if I were you. We have reported both firms to Trading Standards and are pursuing a claim."
Are you Data Recovery Specialists? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Sent my hard drive off to them. As previous comment. Was told would be approx £700-£800 to recover the data, even though would only be 70% recovery, if that. Sounds like a standard email they send out. I also put the cable to my hard drive in the box to send to them. They sent my hard drive back without the cable I sent. They say they take photos of everything they receive from the customer, as I said to them, anyone can omit things out of a photo. They've probably got boxes of spare parts by doing this to customers. They don't deserve 1 star. Don't use this 'company'"
"My hard disk fell on the floor and contained lots of extremely important material for me. I brought it to a DRS point near my house. After a quick diagnosis they asked me ~£800 for a 70% possibility of recovery. The story after was extremely long, complicated and stressful. In short, they managed to convince me it was worth to go ahead with the process. However they only sent back a very low % of (rubbish) data recovered (considered as success). Moreover, after I received the invoices (I needed to explicitly ask for them) I found out that DRS does not actually exist and the real lab where my hard-disk was sent to is called Fields Associates. I learned through blogs and forums that other people got a similar experience with DRS/FA. I then sent my broken hard-disk (further damaged by this poor intervention) to another company called R3 Data Recovery, who in a few days recovered 100% of my highest priority data for the same price. There is a positive in this story (this is why 2 stars rating): After a very tight pressure and lots of emails, DRS/FA fully refunded me. This was appreciated, but none will pay back all the time wasted and mental stress that this long and horrible experience caused me."
"This is a Scam! Do not send anything to them. Two university lecturers have been ripped off, save yourself the trouble, try a competitor. Roger in customer services was horrible"
"A great service. Recovered all my data and at a reasonable price too"
"Please research this corrupt organisation before you engage with them. They are a scam."
Data Recovery Specialists is rated 4.03 based on 35 reviews