Data Recovery Specialists Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Data Recovery Specialists
03AM
3AM

Tell us how Data Recovery Specialists made you happy

"Had a 2TB harddrive which failed, and sent it here for recovery. The customer service was exceptional, and they were quick and thorough with the recovery. Responded very quickly both to my initial inquiry and to any queries I had, and were very pleasant to speak to over the phone and through e-mail."
Are you Data Recovery Specialists? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"We found DRS through a google search and were extremely pleased that there was a reliable company out there that was confident that it could retrieve data from a damaged hard drive. It has literally saved our bacon!! We waited patiently for information, and the early signs were that at least 95 per cent of the data could be retrieved within 4 – 5 days. We paid the fee expecting delivery as indicated. However, from then on communication from DRS was poor. In the absence of news of any progress from them in the following weeks it was left to me to phone them. Our assigned agent was always unavailable and failed to call back although we had been given assurances that he would do so. A delivery of some of the data was provided electronically after two week, but the fully recovered data was only finally delivery after six weeks and then only after persistent enquiry. Although we are of course very grateful that the data was fully recovered we feel that their customer liaison could be improved."
"Very fast efficient service with transparent costs. I used DRS to recover irreplaceable pictures and data from a broken 2TB WD NAS storage device which I left at a DRS 'drop off' in Southampton. This was rapidly couriered to their HQ and the data recovered on to a competitively priced branded 3TB USB HDD and couriered back. Although it was expensive it was reasonable if you take into account the work required to access the broken hard drive."
"Fast efficient service and I was kept well informed as progress was made. I had lost family and transport photographs including priceless photos of my late father. I am glad I trusted Data recovery Specialists to recover my work to which I am truly grateful. I can not recommend them enough."
"Recovered everything I needed in a quick and efficient manner. Very impressive and they was in contact every step of the way. Had a Kingston 500gb ssd die but they recovered the data for us in under a week and shipped a usb back."
"Brilliant service through-out the whole process. They were very thorough, clear, reliable and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend if looking for somewhere to recover your data, especially if you need help fast."
"Delighted to have all my data back and was kept well informed throughout the process. Pricy but knew that if anyone could retrieve the data then they could."
"Price was a little high, but they quickly diagnosed and recovered all of the data. seems to be very sound. Copied data and kept the drive separate as a complete backup. :). Data drive was received very quickly, even before expected."
"Recovered lost data promptly and kept me informed of progress"
"They managed to recover data that two other computer specialists were unable to do. Pricing was transparent and they actually delivered my data back to me well ahead of the agreed scheduled date."
"Excellent customer service, kept in contact regularly through the recovery process, clear information on expected timelines and costs. Highly recommended!"
"I used DRS to recover data from my damaged WD MyPassport Air. The process was so easy. The service was both quick and informative. The cost was £660 plus VAT, but luckily my office insurance paid for this, less an excess. DRS were unable to recover 100% of the lost data, but the critical data that I wanted was. Definitely recommend them."
"Very pleased to have the data back which is the main thing! However the process took much longer than i expected without a lot of communication. We had to continually chase. However like i said, the main thing is that it was a successful recovery"
"Thank you so much for recovering all my data. You guys were helpful, caring and above all recovered all my data. I would definitely recommend to anybody that has a failed hard drive!"
"These guys recovered all my photos. They were caring, helpful and above all....know their subject!"
"After an external hard drive failing on me, I searched for someone who could recover my data and transfer it to another drive. I couldn’t of asked for a more efficient data recovery. Great communication throughout, I posted my hard drive to them and they phoned me back with an intitial quote, after going ahead they did a full recovery and sent me back my new hard drive with all of my files on. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Great service and results."
"Please research this corrupt organisation before you engage with them. They are a scam."
"A great service if not a little expensive. I guess you get what you pay for - which in this case was the fast recovery of data I thought was lost. I have worked in IT since the last millennium and had tried all the usual tricks to recover the drive myself... And failed. Dropped the disk off at a local location and the guys did the rest - much to my relief. Good communication and a speedy service. I would use again... if all my cloud backups fail. Thanks"
"Well and truly conned We instructed Data Recovery Specialists, Penarth Branch, to recover the data from our Maxtor portable hard drive. It had just fallen off the edge of a desk onto a carpet. That's all. We were charged £540 up front and a no data-no fee agreement. We received a parcel from Fields Data Recovery containing our Maxtor portable hard drive. It rattled with loose components inside. There was no letter or anything with it. This was not the company we had instructed, but when we contacted them they told us that Data Recovery Specialists outsource the work to them. Data Recovery Specialists are obviously not specialist enough to do the work themselves, so why are they calling themselves specialists in data recovery???We contacted Data Recovery Specialist and they simply said they could not recover the data. We asked for our money back. They said you can't have it back. We reminded them of their No data-No fee promise. The company officer replied you did not read the small print then. We feel we have been conned. I would not touch either of these firms with a barge pole if I were you. We have reported both firms to Trading Standards and are pursuing a claim."
Data Recovery Specialists is rated 4.00 based on 34 reviews