Data Recovery Specialists Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Data Recovery Specialists
4PM
4PM

Tell us how Data Recovery Specialists made you happy

"Price was a little high, but they quickly diagnosed and recovered all of the data. seems to be very sound. Copied data and kept the drive separate as a complete backup. :). Data drive was received very quickly, even before expected."
Are you Data Recovery Specialists? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Data Recovery Specialists receives. Reply Free
"Recovered lost data promptly and kept me informed of progress"
"They managed to recover data that two other computer specialists were unable to do. Pricing was transparent and they actually delivered my data back to me well ahead of the agreed scheduled date."
"Excellent customer service, kept in contact regularly through the recovery process, clear information on expected timelines and costs. Highly recommended!"
"I used DRS to recover data from my damaged WD MyPassport Air. The process was so easy. The service was both quick and informative. The cost was £660 plus VAT, but luckily my office insurance paid for this, less an excess. DRS were unable to recover 100% of the lost data, but the critical data that I wanted was. Definitely recommend them."
"Very pleased to have the data back which is the main thing! However the process took much longer than i expected without a lot of communication. We had to continually chase. However like i said, the main thing is that it was a successful recovery"
"Thank you so much for recovering all my data. You guys were helpful, caring and above all recovered all my data. I would definitely recommend to anybody that has a failed hard drive!"
"These guys recovered all my photos. They were caring, helpful and above all....know their subject!"
"After an external hard drive failing on me, I searched for someone who could recover my data and transfer it to another drive. I couldn’t of asked for a more efficient data recovery. Great communication throughout, I posted my hard drive to them and they phoned me back with an intitial quote, after going ahead they did a full recovery and sent me back my new hard drive with all of my files on. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Great service and results."
"A great service if not a little expensive. I guess you get what you pay for - which in this case was the fast recovery of data I thought was lost. I have worked in IT since the last millennium and had tried all the usual tricks to recover the drive myself... And failed. Dropped the disk off at a local location and the guys did the rest - much to my relief. Good communication and a speedy service. I would use again... if all my cloud backups fail. Thanks"
"Well and truly conned We instructed Data Recovery Specialists, Penarth Branch, to recover the data from our Maxtor portable hard drive. It had just fallen off the edge of a desk onto a carpet. That's all. We were charged £540 up front and a no data-no fee agreement. We received a parcel from Fields Data Recovery containing our Maxtor portable hard drive. It rattled with loose components inside. There was no letter or anything with it. This was not the company we had instructed, but when we contacted them they told us that Data Recovery Specialists outsource the work to them. Data Recovery Specialists are obviously not specialist enough to do the work themselves, so why are they calling themselves specialists in data recovery???We contacted Data Recovery Specialist and they simply said they could not recover the data. We asked for our money back. They said you can't have it back. We reminded them of their No data-No fee promise. The company officer replied you did not read the small print then. We feel we have been conned. I would not touch either of these firms with a barge pole if I were you. We have reported both firms to Trading Standards and are pursuing a claim."
"Recovered all my data from a crashed hard drive - quickly I thought as well. Would have given 5 stars for the service I received, but I did think the price was too high. Next time I will shop around a bit more."
"Rated 4 because nobody gets 5 , they did as asked , recovered my data in a timely fashion could not want more."
"We had a desktop PC Tower fail and we desperately needed the data from the Hard Drive for continuation of a section of the business. After a search engine search, we found Data Recovery Specialists and enquired. The service was very well explained to us and the advisor phoned us up the same day to explain how they could help. They then sent us a quote and we sent the Hard Drive off. Within 1 day we had a reply and we were kept very well informed along the way. We were given a full list of everything that could be recovered before we purchased. When we accepted, the data was sent to us either on a USB stick or an external hard drive. The data was all there and we were extremely happy with the service. Highly recommended A+++++++"
"Removable hard drive got dropped and unable to connect to the drive. Data Recovery were able to recover all my data. They discovered the drive heads were mis-aligned. Great fast service, excellent communication BUT at a price - £450 + VAT = £540. For this type of money I would have expected this to require a full disk disassembly with recovery at individual plate level. Specialist service I know but this was A LOT OF MONEY. Lesson learned..... don’t drop your hard drive!!!!!"
"Having tried a couple of other options to recover all our date from the home computer, Data Recovery Specialists were the only ones who were able to help. They were polite, courteous and kept us informed throughout the process. Once they confirmed all data could be recovered and the price agreed the service was extremely fast. Yes it was expensive but we would never had been able to replace all the photos and videos of the children growing up. Lesson learnt - back up regularly."
"Sent my hard drive off to them. As previous comment. Was told would be approx £700-£800 to recover the data, even though would only be 70% recovery, if that. Sounds like a standard email they send out. I also put the cable to my hard drive in the box to send to them. They sent my hard drive back without the cable I sent. They say they take photos of everything they receive from the customer, as I said to them, anyone can omit things out of a photo. They've probably got boxes of spare parts by doing this to customers. They don't deserve 1 star. Don't use this 'company'"
"My hard disk fell on the floor and contained lots of extremely important material for me. I brought it to a DRS point near my house. After a quick diagnosis they asked me ~£800 for a 70% possibility of recovery. The story after was extremely long, complicated and stressful. In short, they managed to convince me it was worth to go ahead with the process. However they only sent back a very low % of (rubbish) data recovered (considered as success). Moreover, after I received the invoices (I needed to explicitly ask for them) I found out that DRS does not actually exist and the real lab where my hard-disk was sent to is called Fields Associates. I learned through blogs and forums that other people got a similar experience with DRS/FA. I then sent my broken hard-disk (further damaged by this poor intervention) to another company called R3 Data Recovery, who in a few days recovered 100% of my highest priority data for the same price. There is a positive in this story (this is why 2 stars rating): After a very tight pressure and lots of emails, DRS/FA fully refunded me. This was appreciated, but none will pay back all the time wasted and mental stress that this long and horrible experience caused me."
"Data Recovery Specialists Are very knowledgeable and are experts in their field. They were happy to answer all of my questions and were very quick with the responses That gave me the confidence to ask them to recover my lost data."
"Got all my data recovered - quick service and they were in frequent contact to keep me updated. Saved me hours of work having to recreate all those resources."
Data Recovery Specialists is rated 4.08 based on 25 reviews