Data Recovery Specialists Reviews

60% of reviewers recommend Data Recovery Specialists

How would you rate Data Recovery Specialists ?

"Sent my hard drive off to them. As previous comment. Was told would be approx £700-£800 to recover the data, even though would only be 70% recovery, if that. Sounds like a standard email they send out. I also put the cable to my hard drive in the box to send to them. They sent my hard drive back without the cable I sent. They say they take photos of everything they receive from the customer, as I said to them, anyone can omit things out of a photo. They've probably got boxes of spare parts by doing this to customers. They don't deserve 1 star. Don't use this 'company'"
"My hard disk fell on the floor and contained lots of extremely important material for me. I brought it to a DRS point near my house. After a quick diagnosis they asked me ~£800 for a 70% possibility of recovery. The story after was extremely long, complicated and stressful. In short, they managed to convince me it was worth to go ahead with the process. However they only sent back a very low % of (rubbish) data recovered (considered as success). Moreover, after I received the invoices (I needed to explicitly ask for them) I found out that DRS does not actually exist and the real lab where my hard-disk was sent to is called Fields Associates. I learned through blogs and forums that other people got a similar experience with DRS/FA. I then sent my broken hard-disk (further damaged by this poor intervention) to another company called R3 Data Recovery, who in a few days recovered 100% of my highest priority data for the same price. There is a positive in this story (this is why 2 stars rating): After a very tight pressure and lots of emails, DRS/FA fully refunded me. This was appreciated, but none will pay back all the time wasted and mental stress that this long and horrible experience caused me."
"Data Recovery Specialists Are very knowledgeable and are experts in their field. They were happy to answer all of my questions and were very quick with the responses That gave me the confidence to ask them to recover my lost data."
"Got all my data recovered - quick service and they were in frequent contact to keep me updated. Saved me hours of work having to recreate all those resources."
"Highly recommend."
"This is a Scam! Do not send anything to them. Two university lecturers have been ripped off, save yourself the trouble, try a competitor. Roger in customer services was horrible"
"Kept me informed throughout. Good service"
"A great service. Recovered all my data and at a reasonable price too"
"very happy"
"I never normally write online reviews, but I feel compelled to WARN other people of the scam these guys are running. DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR DATA. There are much cheaper options out there, by friendly and HONEST companies. I sadly learned my lesson the hard way. I was quoted £60 for data recovery, however as soon as they had my hard drive, the quote went up to £670! They even re-listened to the previous call and confirmed I was quoted (supposedly wrongly) £60. I was called relentlessly by my assigned (aggressive) account manager who threatened to delete all of my data unless I paid the full amount. He got angry with me when I said I couldn't afford to pay what they were asking and I can only assume he his on a generous commission scheme as I cannot understand why he was so rude to me on the phone. After refusing to give any technical details about what the issue was, they eventually returned my hard drive and I ended up finding a company called PC Image, who recovered all my files within 24 hours, put them onto a 2tb hard drive, configured it to my mac and sent it out to me the same day FOR LESS THAN HALF what this company was asking for. They also said they would keep hold of the files for 1 month in case I had any problems. I always spoke directly to the person who was dealing with my data too, so at no point was I having to deal with an account manager who didn't know or understand the technical details of my issue. I hope whoever reads this finds it useful and as a result, doesn't have to go through what I did with Data Recovery Specialists."
Data Recovery Specialists is rated 3.50 based on 10 reviews