Dance Direct Reviews

40% of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Telephone

How would you rate Dance Direct ?

"1 star for delivery. The issue I have with Dance Direct concerns the difficulty I have experienced in getting a refund. I noticed immediately that the shoes were too small for me and phoned Dance Direct to ask what to do regarding a return. I noticed that on the website that a full refund was promised if the item was returned in 14 days. I also noticed that Dance Direct recommended using Royal Mail Signed For delivery - however, since this would have exceeded the cost of my shoes, I phoned Dance Direct to discuss this. I was advised to return the items immediately ensuring that I quoted a returns number. At no point was I told I would have to use Special Delivery. I returned the items by first class post quoting the returns number. One month later when I have received no refund, I contacted Dance Direct and was told that a refund would be arriving shortly following a refund email. The refund email never arrived and neither has my refund. When I emailed most recently, I was told that Dance Direct would not take any responsibility for missing items. If I had known that I would not receive a refund, I would not have wasted the money on returning the items. If Dance Direct require returned items to be sent back by Special Delivery, they should state it (both on the website and on the phone). Of course, for lower costing items, this amounts to a "no refund" policy as the postage costs wold exceed the item costs. It is now approaching 2 months since I returned the items and I don't anticipate receiving a refund - though Dance Direct have neither confirmed or denied that they will send it. I am being left hanging in limbo - poor customer service. Just would like other potential customers to be aware of the way I have been treated when choosing where to buy their ballet shoes. I am not impressed."
"Ordered one biketard which the website showed as in stock, in plenty of time for my daughters birthday. Estimated delivery was 5 days before the birthday. It didn't arrive. On phoning they confirmed it had not been despatched and they would call back once queried with the warehouse. No call back. I phoned again the next day to be told stock had now come in but their warehouse was very busy with back to school orders. However, it should be despatched by the following day. Three days later I phone again only to be told they could see it still hadn't been despatched but couldn't give a reason. At this point I told them to cancel the order. I am now awaiting an email confirmation of the refund but having read another review, I might have a fight on my hands here too. I would never use them again."
"ordered from ladies section only to be sent a toddlers. Rang and was told that is what was ordered when it wasn't. Charged £3.95 for standard delivery and it took 10 days to arrive. I now have to pay to return this one and another £3.95 to get a replacement. How they can charge that much for standard delivery I have no idea when it was one leotard. In total I will have spent £10 on postage for one small leotard."
"Great service and excellent quality shoes."
"Good fitting ballet shoes"
Dance Direct is rated 2.60 based on 5 reviews