Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Cheryl
Dance Direct 5 star review on 25th May 2021
Tessa G
I have had to return the dancing shoes ordered because the sizing is so inaccurate.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had to return the shoes due to the sizing. Please feel free to call our customer services team on 033 0333 0222, where one of our advisers can try to assist you.
Didn't know I ordered shoes but thanks for letting g me know ill be checking with my bank
Hello Phillip, we have spoken to your wife who has confirmed that she placed the order and you are now aware. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, first position
Terrible inflexible attitude of staff. Didn’t want to help unable to use common sense and discretion. Full detail below. I called because I was frustrated. I tried various sizes in both Jazz and tap shoes. The tap shoes were either too big or too small. Customer service assistant acknowledged that there is a variation within the same sizes. I had done two large orders some of which I kept; but mostly lots of shoes that just didn’t fit my daughter. I now needed to order just one pair of jazz shoes and was told I had to pay postage. I asked if it was possible to waiver this given the difficulties I’d already had. The assistant explained why she couldn’t do this. She was not impolite. But she was very inflexible and would not help me to resolve the issue I was having. I highlighted that if I were to submit a minimum of £40 to just receive free postage - that this would cost me time and effort and cost the company more also. That it made more sense to be reasonable. She said “if that’s what you want to do that’s fine.” No common sense. No discretion. I’ve spent hours trying to order just two pairs of shoes. I’ve now found a shop about 30 minutes away. Which in future I will use. I don’t care how much cheaper they are online. My time is worth more to me than constantly ordering and returning. Whilst discussing the possibility of a goodwill gesture (not charging postage) i asked if a manager could perhaps allow a goodwill gesture for free postage to which she replied “i am the manager” I’d like to know how the company feels about this. I wouldn’t be happy if my staff were suggesting I order a minimum of £40 (knowing that you’ll return most of it) - just to get free delivery. It costs the company far more than a little common sense and discretion. Plus I feel very under valued as a customer and will share my bad experience.
Dear Rachel, Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you received when you spoke to us. We offer free returns for our UK customers where you can request an exchange which would not incur an additional delivery fee, however if the replacement item is needed sooner and a new order placed this would incur a delivery fee. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, first position
I purchased Capezio Hold & Stretch Footless Black tights for my daughter. She is a petite 13 year old - 5ft tall and small build. We bought size 'small Adult'. However, she can barely get the tights above her knees! I was told that I cannot return these tights because they have been taken out of the packet. Disappointing as I have purchased many Mondor tights from First Position which are superb.
Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your review. We are sorry you are unhappy with the products received. We value your feedback and will certainly forward it to the relevant department. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future.
Sorry, but I’m still waiting for my daughter’s shoes. This is URGENT.
Thank you for your review Abi, i have checked the tracking and i can see that your parcel was delivered on a next day service as requested. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Returned 2 items 13/11, I have checked track and trace and they were delivered and received 15/11. Over 2 weeks ago. Rang twice and left my number for someone to call me back. Still haven't had a refund!
Thank you for your review Lyndsey, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with your refund i can see that this has been processed for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Sent some tap shoes back but never received the money back
Dear David, Would it be possible to contact us with a copy of your returns proof of postage so we can look into this for you as there are no returns on our system to date with your details. Kind regards, first position
Ordered a 2 piece set for my daughter for her birthday and was sent a pair of boots instead. No more dealings with this cowboy company. Birthday ruined cheers.
Thank you for your review Mark. Please accept our apologies for the problems you have experienced with your order, i have looked into this for you and i can see that the order has been placed for an individual item and not a set. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Mir war nicht klar, dass ich in England bestelle, die Rücksendung hat 18 Euro gekostet! Das macht den behaltenen Schuh natürlich so teuer und das ist dieser absolut nicht wert.
Vielen Dank für Ihre Bewertung, wir wissen Ihr Feedback sehr zu schätzen. Da der internationale Versand immer noch sehr kostspielig ist, können wir kostenlose Rücksendungen für unsere Kunden außerhalb von Großbritannien bislang leider nicht anbieten. Firsposition bietet allerdings einen kostenlosen Größenumtausch, dies bedeutet die neuen Schuhe werden kostenfrei an Sie geliefert und eine neue Bestellung muss nicht aufgegeben werden. Gerne lasse ich Sie wissen, dass Sie bei der Zahlung mit PayPal die Rücksendekosten bis zu 25 Euro und bis zu zwölfmal im Jahr erstatten bekommen: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns. Weitere Informationen, sowie unsere englische Rücksendeadresse finden Sie unter: https://de.firstposition.com/rucksendungen. Für den Fall, dass Sie dies noch weiter besprechen möchten, rufen Sie gerne unseren Kundenservice an: 0800 589 5229
I would not order from this company ever again. Ordered tap shoes on 23 sept arrived quickly. However they were clearly not an adult size. They looked like a pair of child’s shoes. I Returned them immediately. I have made numerous calls all telling me how busy they are and sent 2 copies of postage and still not have not received My refund. It is now the 16th Oct???? Where is my money ? You advertised adult shoes when they obviously are not?
Dear Mrs J, thank you for your review. Please accept our sincere apologies that you have had to wait for your refund for so long. I can see that your refund should have been processed to you at the beginning of the week and this should hopefully be with you shortly if not already. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
The website was misleading and I interpreted the size chart as UK sizes. In fact, the product delivered was US size. I bought the product in the UK. I won't use this company again.
Dear Reiko, thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies that the sizing chart on our website is confusing and that the wrong size has been sent to you, please would you be able to send us a picture of the shoes which you have received to help@firstposition.com and we will be able to look into this for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
1 star for delivery. The issue I have with Dance Direct concerns the difficulty I have experienced in getting a refund. I noticed immediately that the shoes were too small for me and phoned Dance Direct to ask what to do regarding a return. I noticed that on the website that a full refund was promised if the item was returned in 14 days. I also noticed that Dance Direct recommended using Royal Mail Signed For delivery - however, since this would have exceeded the cost of my shoes, I phoned Dance Direct to discuss this. I was advised to return the items immediately ensuring that I quoted a returns number. At no point was I told I would have to use Special Delivery. I returned the items by first class post quoting the returns number. One month later when I have received no refund, I contacted Dance Direct and was told that a refund would be arriving shortly following a refund email. The refund email never arrived and neither has my refund. When I emailed most recently, I was told that Dance Direct would not take any responsibility for missing items. If I had known that I would not receive a refund, I would not have wasted the money on returning the items. If Dance Direct require returned items to be sent back by Special Delivery, they should state it (both on the website and on the phone). Of course, for lower costing items, this amounts to a "no refund" policy as the postage costs wold exceed the item costs. It is now approaching 2 months since I returned the items and I don't anticipate receiving a refund - though Dance Direct have neither confirmed or denied that they will send it. I am being left hanging in limbo - poor customer service. Just would like other potential customers to be aware of the way I have been treated when choosing where to buy their ballet shoes. I am not impressed.
Ordered one biketard which the website showed as in stock, in plenty of time for my daughters birthday. Estimated delivery was 5 days before the birthday. It didn't arrive. On phoning they confirmed it had not been despatched and they would call back once queried with the warehouse. No call back. I phoned again the next day to be told stock had now come in but their warehouse was very busy with back to school orders. However, it should be despatched by the following day. Three days later I phone again only to be told they could see it still hadn't been despatched but couldn't give a reason. At this point I told them to cancel the order. I am now awaiting an email confirmation of the refund but having read another review, I might have a fight on my hands here too. I would never use them again.
ordered from ladies section only to be sent a toddlers. Rang and was told that is what was ordered when it wasn't. Charged £3.95 for standard delivery and it took 10 days to arrive. I now have to pay to return this one and another £3.95 to get a replacement. How they can charge that much for standard delivery I have no idea when it was one leotard. In total I will have spent £10 on postage for one small leotard.
Incorrect size sent
Thank you for your review Anna. We have contacted you directly to try and resolve the problem for you. Kind regards, first position
I ordered a bra with clear back & is absolutely no good. I haven’t tried it on as it looked too small in the wrapping & aparantly can’t return due to hygiene reasons. The sizing must be very small. I will just have to bin the item as it is no good to me. You can return items anywhere else, for example: I just returned two cami tops to other sellers & they received them back as they were too small. I won’t be ordering again from this company. Disappointed buyer!
Thank you for your review Susan. We have contacted you directly to try and resolve the problem for you. Kind regards, first position
I purchased some ballet tights for my 11 year old daughter and they were ripped when she put them on, not ideal
Thank you for your review Lesley. We have tried to contact you to resolve the problem. Kind regards, First Position
It hasn't come yet. I ordered next day delivery and it's now a week later
Hi Emily, I can see that your order was despatched on 20th October and that FedEx have attempted delivery twice, unsuccessfully. If you contact FedEx with your tracking number, they should be able to arrange a suitable delivery day with you. Please contact our customer services team on 033 0333 0222 or help@firstposition.com if you require further assistance though. Kind regards Dana
Ordered ballet shoe size 9 got a size 6 😩
Hi Shannen, I'm very sorry to hear that you received the incorrect item. Please contact our customer services team on 033 0333 0222 and they will do their best to resolve this for you. Kind regards Dana
The first time I purchased tap shoes from First Position I was really pleased with the quality. I recently ordered my daughter the next size up and I was disappointed to find the metal taps were all scratched, and I'm not talking just a little bit. It looked like they had been worn outside because the scratches were that bad! We didn't have time to send them back because she had a competition that weekend but I'm sad to say I don't think I will be ordering from here again.
Hi Nicole, I am very sorry to hear that you received what appear to be previously worn shoes, these must have somehow slipped through our returns process. If you would like to get in touch with our customer services team, they will do their upmost to provide a resolution for you. Kind regards. Dana
Dance Direct is rated 4.59 based on 3,285 reviews