Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
I have ordered 4 pairs of the same ballet Capezio ballet shoe, UK size 4 and each time you have sent a Capezio Size 4 which is a UK 1. I have now been waiting 3 weeks for the replacement pair. Also, it takes weeks for the refund to be made. Altogether a poor service.
Good morning, thank you for your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the multiple errors with your order and thank you for allowing us to rectify this last week. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
I’m afraid the tights were far too small for the specified 3-5 year old age and didn’t fit my not even 2 year old in length. She’s very slightly above average height. The shoes also were a tight fit but in width but that is because of the shape of her foot not the shoe, but overall I was disappointed and as I can’t return the tights I haven’t bothered to return the shoes for the few pounds they cost.
Good afternoon, I'm sorry to hear that the tights seem way too small and I have just left you a message to discuss this further. They are some of our most popular tights and we haven't had issues with the sizing before, but it is of course possible that there is a one off fault with the item. Please could you call us on 0800 044 8440 and we can get this resolved for you.
I still haven’t received my items 10 days after ordering
Good morning, thank you for your review. I have checked your order and according to the tracking information it was delivered on 25th June. Please call us on 0800 044 8440 or e-mail us on hello@dancedirect.com if you have not received it so that we can investigate with Royal Mail.
I found Dance Direct very good for quick response and delivery of my order. What let them down was the after service when I needed to exchange the shoes for a different size. After 14 days I got in touch because I had not heard anything about my replacement. I was then told that my order had been processed that day and was being shipped on a 48hour trackable service.The very next day I received another email to say the shoes were out of stock.I was then told that it was not your fault because you don't know if stock is out of stock until it is processed even though the day before I was told it had been processed and was ready for shipping.. I then got another email that just said the shoes were out of stock.At no time did I ever receive a proper apology for the mess up. May I suggest that your dispatch department needs looking at as it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Ordered 2 sets of warm up boots all ok, then recieved am email that there is a delay on a set... recieved 1 pair in the post pretty quick which is great but still waiting on the other pair. They were needed quick and would have ordered else where if I had know this before hand.
Sadly they wouldn't accept my return item (sizing was definitely smaller than advertised) because i didn't return it in the "original packaging". The problem is I am convinced that it came in only the outer plastic wrap - it was a delayed delivery item and followed my original purchase of other items from them. I can't prove otherwise so am stuck with them posting my returned item back out to me. They were polite but adamant that they won't accept it as a return. Label still on product and it is in saleable condition as it has been tried on once. Will never use them again and will be advising others not to either. Deeply disappointed with this company.
Thank you for your honest review. We can not accept returned items without the original packaging. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. Your other items have been processed:)
I received my parcel of clothes to find that, The tan tights ordered only one pair arrived - the others were on back order but I hadn’t been told about this and when I asked was just told that they would arrive soon. I am still awaiting one pair. The sizing for First Position (?) is just way off and have had to resend most of the package back and re order. There could be a note on the website letting people know when a size is very small.
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you have not received the remaining pair of tights from your order and have had problems with the sizing. We will pass on your feedback to the relevant departments.
Received a pair of shoes with faulty. The insole was not sitting proper, but slide and sticked to the side. Toes were bended when trying on due to the insole running into the wrong place. Returned.
Thank you for your review Xiaoyan. Please accept our apologies the shoes you have received are faulty. Should you ever have any problems in the future please contact us straight away so we can try and resolve the problem as soon as possible for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Good quick service but the dress has arrived with quite a few dirty marks on it.
Thank you for your review Melissa, please accept our apologies the garment you received had dirty marks on, would it be possible to take a photograph of the marks so we can resolve this as soon as possible for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Order received later than expected (website said 2-3 days) waited well over a week. Only part of order was delivered even though full payment had been taken. Only when I queried this was I informed that the second part was out of stock. I would have expected to have been advised at the time of order that it was out of stock or, at the very least, as soon as First Position were aware the order could not be fulfilled, not when I queried it. Just poor customer service sadly.
Hi Lorraine, thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the delay in receiving your order and that the item was out of stock but you were not notified. As standard practice we would normally contact you as soon as possible with this information, and I can only apologise that on this occasion it did not happen. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Yet again the shoes received did not match my order. This is the 2nd time this has happened, refunds are very slow. 13 days and the girl on the phone was unsure if they’d received the return despite me checking Royal Mail tracking etc
Sizing is incorrect , oil ordered a size small for my daughter who is a size 8. Luckily a friend had ordered same leotard but in size 12/14 so we swapped. Once on the dance floor the leotard rose so far up, displaying underwear, my daughter had to wear black dance shorts over the top of the leotard to save her dignity!
Thank you for your review. We have contacted you directly to try and resolve the problem for you. Kind regards, first position
The size of my two bodies is too small...is any way to bringing this back?
Thank you for your review Alba. You can download our prepaid returns label from our website where you can either request an exchange or a refund. Kind regards, first position
Tights labelled as 9-11. But looked way too small for my 9 yr old daughter. Will have to return.
Thank you for your review Marketa. Please accept our apologies you feel the tights look too small. Please use our free returns label to post these back to us for an exchange or refund. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
ordered size 5.5 was a size 3 at best!
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies you are not happy with the sizing of the shoes, this information has been fed back and will be looked into further. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Sizing is not clear. The ballet shoes I received wouldn’t have fitted a doll
Thank you for your review Angela. Please accept our apologies for the problems you have experienced with sizing. The ballet shoes you have ordered we do recommend to order 1.5 sizes up from your normal uk shoe size. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Very good, fast delivery, however disapointed with the leggings . They have 1, very slim piece of elastic in the waist band and fall down when dancing!! I have added a 2” wide piece of elastic in and this is sufficient
Thank you for your review Paula. Please accept our apologies you are not happy with the leggings you have ordered. We take all feedback seriously and this has been forwarded on to the appropriate people who will look into this further. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards, first position
the invoice stated the goods ordered but the shoes were incorrect
Thank you for your review. We have contacted you to try and resolve the problem. Kind regards, First Position
The shoes were very slow to arrive (in fact we are still waiting for an order from 19th October to be dispatched) and my children missed out on wearing them for a very special dance show. We have received the order placed on 20th October and the shoes are perfect. When I rang customer services to enquire about dispatch they were very helpful. So the poor rating is related to speed of delivery.
Thank you for your review Janet. I can see that the shoes you have ordered are something we have to individually order in and therefore delay the dispatch of your order as advised when placing the order. Its great to hear you were happy with the customer service you received when contacting us. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
They were good condition however they were really big for me.
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear the shoes you have ordered were too big for you, as you are in the UK we have sent you an email with a free returns label. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Dance Direct is rated 4.60 based on 3,527 reviews